AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-06-11, 03:02   Link #41
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
If that is a spoiler for anything beyond where the anime is currently at then that isn't cool dude, some of us prefer to watch the anime so something like this is unwarranted.

Now if it's something that has already happened in the anime and it's the deaths that I think you might be mentioning than just know that they don't quite equate to the same level of importance or development. Besides jist because ot happened in One Piece doesn't mean it will haplened here, I mean, people got killed off for literally no reason other than someone eneeded to die in Akame ga Kill (ugh, thanks for making me remember that PoS), doesn't mean someone is going to die in this series.
I don't read the manga and don't watch the anime. It has definitely already happened long ago in the show? Lol I see your point, and I don't really think it'll happen. It'd be interesting though, if it did happen, and then she had to figure out how to come back. It was already foreshadowed that the Misaka clones that are dead aren't actually gone and are still giving Will-tan memories. Therefore, it'd be interesting to see Misaka die and still be a main character.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 20:06   Link #42
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I don't read the manga and don't watch the anime. It has definitely already happened long ago in the show? Lol I see your point, and I don't really think it'll happen. It'd be interesting though, if it did happen, and then she had to figure out how to come back. It was already foreshadowed that the Misaka clones that are dead aren't actually gone and are still giving Will-tan memories. Therefore, it'd be interesting to see Misaka die and still be a main character.
You take lives too lightly...
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 23:35   Link #43
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
You take lives too lightly...
Lol. In Index perhaps. But that's because they can be brought back as we've already seen. It's interesting to consider whether an individual could somehow actually bring themselves back from death in the series, that'd be interesting.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 06:48   Link #44
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
I don't think Kamachi will kill an important character for shock value. Hell, I don't think he would be able to do it if he wanted, he already commented on this in the Zashiki Warashi novels.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 06:53   Link #45
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Well, aside from it being kind of sad for someone like Misaka to actually die, keep in mind that the Manga is still ongoing. As off the walls as Kamachi typically is, I'd like to believe he is at least aware of how such a thing might negatively affect Manga sales for Railgun.

I still think it's more likely that Index will be killed off and her corpse being resurrected into a magic god.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 07:03   Link #46
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
I still think it's more likely that Index will be killed off and her corpse being resurrected into a magic god.
no idea about how magic gods are created but i doubt that it would be so easy,
plus, even if that happens we will either see Index getting nerfed after her antagonist-phase is over or she will more or less vanish entirely from the show because she is to strong,

or accel-treatment: nerf OP person but not to much so that they are still OP, and than use them as little as possible
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 07:22   Link #47
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
no idea about how magic gods are created but i doubt that it would be so easy,
plus, even if that happens we will either see Index getting nerfed after her antagonist-phase is over or she will more or less vanish entirely from the show because she is to strong,

or accel-treatment: nerf OP person but not to much so that they are still OP, and than use them as little as possible
Just because index has been mostly unimportant doesn't mean that things will continue to play out that way lol. I'll bide my time until she's relevant. Mikoto took far longer and felt like far more of a long shot, and she's currently getting her spotlight so I think you're being too pessimistic...
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 07:52   Link #48
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Just because index has been mostly unimportant doesn't mean that things will continue to play out that way lol. I'll bide my time until she's relevant. Mikoto took far longer and felt like far more of a long shot, and she's currently getting her spotlight so I think you're being too pessimistic...
i wouldnt say im pessimistic but realistic

mikoto has things to write about that tie good with the MC, and she can do stuff on her own,
indexs role would only consist out of getting saved, and if she goes battle mode than she will be unstoppable... basically she is either damsel or OP,

im pretty sure her story will consist of her getting controlled by laura and be used as a weapon again, and the only development she can get is the one where she goes evil/crazy (basically like mikoto)
so...not sure if we will get a real focus on her ever again, expsecially since kamachi can introduce another char and than another and than another in order to keep the story going, and than put index into it somewhere :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 14:22   Link #49
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
Well, aside from it being kind of sad for someone like Misaka to actually die, keep in mind that the Manga is still ongoing. As off the walls as Kamachi typically is, I'd like to believe he is at least aware of how such a thing might negatively affect Manga sales for Railgun.

I still think it's more likely that Index will be killed off and her corpse being resurrected into a magic god.
I doubt that after shwoig how "useless" are Magic Gods are Laura(and Aleister) would want something like that.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 16:23   Link #50
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I doubt that after shwoig how "useless" are Magic Gods are Laura(and Aleister) would want something like that.
That's a good point... Hmm.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 18:35   Link #51
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That's a good point... Hmm.
True, but you're forgetting something. Index's John's Pen mode.

If she does actually end up turning into a full blown magic god, it may be possible to control her the same way Fiamma did. I don't even think it matters if she is alive or dead either for it to be activated.

A magic god that is pretty much a mind slave would make one hell of a body guard.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 20:24   Link #52
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
True, but you're forgetting something. Index's John's Pen mode.

If she does actually end up turning into a full blown magic god, it may be possible to control her the same way Fiamma did. I don't even think it matters if she is alive or dead either for it to be activated.

A magic god that is pretty much a mind slave would make one hell of a body guard.
You are missing the point I made. Magic Gods are powerfull but useless.


In this game from the very start it has been made clear that the common goal was achieving a power and will like that of gods without being one aka with no drawbacks.

Aleister fixed himself to prevent himself from turning into one and Laura who has been observing him for this long and even knew of WR must have a similar goal except her method comes from the magic side.

If she wanted to made a MG in mass she would have do so in the past.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 20:33   Link #53
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
True, but you're forgetting something. Index's John's Pen mode.

If she does actually end up turning into a full blown magic god, it may be possible to control her the same way Fiamma did. I don't even think it matters if she is alive or dead either for it to be activated.

A magic god that is pretty much a mind slave would make one hell of a body guard.
Yet making a Magic God mind slave would be a good body guard but WR may still be about to kill then because being a mind slave would give someone conflicting ideals because unless your the Mental Out group, I don't think anyone want to be a mind slave.

But your guessing that Laura would let Index become a Magic God and not try to go beyond Magic God level.

I am still waiting for Index second remote being destory because I want to know if the Church would start hunting down Index because there nothing left to contarl her or would Laura end up using the fact that Crowley is using Touma for some unknown evil plan that could end up killing Touma to still keep her under her contral. Image a Index of her own free, who become an enemy to AC and even Touma if there no other way to keep him safe because we know Index would become an enemy to Touma if she think it is the best way to keep him safe, NT10 show that.

A theory I bet thinking could someone on the Magic Side make it own verson of Mental Out because we know from NT11 that Mental Out is a power that mess which the liquid in the brain and could this magic make Mental Out work on Mikoto.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 22:03   Link #54
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
You are missing the point I made. Magic Gods are powerfull but useless.


In this game from the very start it has been made clear that the common goal was achieving a power and will like that of gods without being one aka with no drawbacks.

Aleister fixed himself to prevent himself from turning into one and Laura who has been observing him for this long and even knew of WR must have a similar goal except her method comes from the magic side.

If she wanted to made a MG in mass she would have do so in the past.
Well, I wouldn't exactly say they're useless, rather, their existence and power output is far too vast for the world to contain without intentionally making themselves weaker on purpose. Crowley hates magic, so its obvious that he'd want her eliminated asap. Laura though, may have different plans that are directly opposed to what he's trying to achieve.

Remember, the problem wasn't the magic gods themselves, but the fact that none of them could ever agree with each other, thus, any phase changes would never be consistent. Therefore, they couldn't trust themselves to make the right choices when it came to influencing anything outside of wherever they were before Crowley attacked them in their own phase. That is why they needed Touma, because he always seemed to know the right thing to do, no matter how crazy and fucked up things got.

But if there was only one magic god controlling everything, then there would be no conflicting phases.

And, as crazy as the notion is, who's to say that there Laura and Crowley are the only main villains. There may be a third enemy that hasn't even made themselves known yet.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 22:13   Link #55
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
I think we're missing something VERY important without knowing. Christmas is almost here, and that's the birth of Jesus. The star of Bethlehem. The REAL one. And under its radience, the son of god is born.

Magic gods are useless. But what about the son of god?
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 22:18   Link #56
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
Well, I wouldn't exactly say they're useless, rather, their existence and power output is far too vast for the world to contain without intentionally making themselves weaker on purpose. Crowley hates magic, so its obvious that he'd want her eliminated asap. Laura though, may have different plans that are directly opposed to what he's trying to achieve.

Remember, the problem wasn't the magic gods themselves, but the fact that none of them could ever agree with each other, thus, any phase changes would never be consistent. Therefore, they couldn't trust themselves to make the right choices when it came to influencing anything outside of wherever they were before Crowley attacked them in their own phase. That is why they needed Touma, because he always seemed to know the right thing to do, no matter how crazy and fucked up things got.

But if there was only one magic god controlling everything, then there would be no conflicting phases.

And, as crazy as the notion is, who's to say that there Laura and Crowley are the only main villains. There may be a third enemy that hasn't even made themselves known yet.
Think outside the box and think why Aleister chose an existence like Aiwass.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 22:52   Link #57
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
I think we're missing something VERY important without knowing. Christmas is almost here, and that's the birth of Jesus. The star of Bethlehem. The REAL one. And under its radience, the son of god is born.

Magic gods are useless. But what about the son of god?
Lol, don't you mean the daughter of God. (Index)

IDK. I also agree that we're missing something and that Aleister and Laura aren't the main villains. (Well, I mean they are, but I think there's a third big bad.)

Essentially, in NT 10, the Magic Gods brought up a good point: why would Aleister and them be trying so hard to accomplish something and change some existing system unless it was set up by someone in the first place. IT is inside IB, but where does it come from? Aiwass and other beings seem to come from this higher level plane of teir of existence and I'm willing to bet that theres something else to it all which is responsible for whatever that is.

It's unclear, but I think that the "God" or "God's rules" mentioned in volume 1 by Touma refer to something that will eventually appear in the series, but it's hard to tell.

This series really seems to have a theme where we start to see more and more powerful characters who have covered up their weaknesses better and better over time and we've seen more and more characters who would be perfect if they just had one more little thing, but that one little thing ends up usually leading to them losing. I'm curious as to whether Aleister is literally trying to pursue something like perfection or it instead he's just trying to advance enough power tiers over everyone else to ensure that he can stay in control and/or develop the abilities to ensure that he has the capacity to achieve his goals.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-12, 23:33   Link #58
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
I think we're missing something VERY important without knowing. Christmas is almost here, and that's the birth of Jesus. The star of Bethlehem. The REAL one. And under its radience, the son of god is born.

Magic gods are useless. But what about the son of god?
Well I do think that something huge could happen on Chirstmas Eve/Day or New Year Eve/Day and it make sense that Kamachi most likey have something plan because how the current Story Arc is going we are only on Dec.6 by the end of NT15 and I believe this is about the halfway point to the current Story Arc.

I remember somewhere that Miki or Kamachi said that he is three books a head of the current book so if NT16 is coming out in August, Kamachi is most likey on Nt19 by now and it would mean that when we were on NT12, Kamachi was on NT15 and already knew where he was going which this Story Arc back then.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 06:56   Link #59
UsagiTenpura
Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Yesterday!
Element uh?
Is this going to be a magic side reference to four elements... or the periodic table of elements? (lol)

Hydrogen of the South-East.
Magnesium of the North-North-West.
...etc...

Bit more seriously these synopsis has never been (for me) a good indicator of wether or not a toaru novel would turn out good or bad. Let's wait and see. I admit I long for something like God's Right Seat or Gremlin which created a lasting group of antagonist instead of the one novel lasting long issues we've seen post NT10 - but also generally was hoping that this either turned out to be Laura's forces or Aleister's forces. I'm not sure I particularly like the idea of having new completely unheard of in any way enemy forces still introduced in the story this late in it - but it seems likely that this is nearly entirely going to be about pushing further Mikoto's recent development as well as Touma's.

A certain question : Does this means we finally get to see Kuroko again?
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 20:44   Link #60
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Also I think the next Story Arc after the current one will have something to do which Soul, because how both Accel and Railgun manga are in Story Arcs which Soul at the core of it.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.