AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 09:43   Link #5301
Tasuke Shichiri
♥Mikuru Asahina♥

here's my own modest little harem;

Spoiler for PHOTOS 1:

Spoiler for PHOTOS 2:

Spoiler for PHOTOS 3:
Old 2014-06-13, 10:02   Link #5302
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasuke Shichiri View Post
here's my own modest little harem;

Spoiler for PHOTOS 1:

Spoiler for PHOTOS 2:

Spoiler for PHOTOS 3:
Such nice collection, but why do you let it be so dusty??

Considering most of the figures seemed to be quite old, i guess you have stopped collecting figures?
Old 2014-06-13, 10:18   Link #5303
Tasuke Shichiri
♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Such nice collection, but why do you let it be so dusty??

Laziness, nothing less, nothing more...

Quote:
Considering most of the figures seemed to be quite old, i guess you have stopped collecting figures?

oh, i still collect, i'm just fairly selective these days, since i'm constantly limited of funds, extremely limited of storage/display space,
and i'm constantly spreading myself somewhat thinly between several hobbies on top of it all, namely Anime goods, Video Games, and collecting vintage Hi-Fi Stereo gear.

also, the Anime trends of the last three/five years has had decidedly limited appeal at best for me.
i'm 32, and began my Anime fandom back in the early 1990's.
to me, it just feels like today's works are, far more often than not, aimed rather squarely at a demographic at least a full decade younger than i.

as such, it's hard for me to get terribly enthusiastic over most of the stuff that makes the headlines these days, much less relate to the bulk of it overly well.

in other words, i'm getting old. Japan can in fact still do Cute and Appealing, -bless their hearts, may they never change-
but for my bit, it just seems like they can seldom do it anywhere near as naturally as the way
in which they had once been able to, so handily demonstrating their seemingly innate knack for it to the world all the while.
it just generally feels far too strained and forced anymore, and also, far, far too exaggeratedly sexualized for the pure express sake of it.

just my $0.25, YMMV of course. i'm just beginning to get up there in my years. i'll never stop being an OTAKU, -it is in my blood-
but i do deeply miss the halcyon formative days of Moe, from like 1997~2005ish, and will never be able forget such a glorious era...

Last edited by Tasuke Shichiri; 2014-06-13 at 10:53.
Tasuke Shichiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 11:14   Link #5304
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Such a coincidence considering your Mikuru's avatar and sign. But my anime fandom has also raised and decline since the beginning and last of Haruhi.

I means couple years ago I will still watch pretty much everything bar ecchi shows. Now my annual anime intake can only be counted in the dozen. Have to say through my life has turned much grey-er since losing interest toward anime, so who say it's bad to be an otaku

Even right now, i am still sitting here wondering if I should step off from figure collection. Only got one foot in, but has been an excited journey so far. My wallet objected of course
Old 2014-06-13, 13:55   Link #5305
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Quote:
Btw, what are in you guys' wish list right now? Something that too expensive for your budget? An exclusive figure that too rare that you haven't get a hold on yet? Something that you still wait for the price to drop further?
The figurine I want the most at the moment... I don't know if it even exists: a good quality 1/8 scale (or bigger) figurine of Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion, school uniform version in a pose that is representative of he character.

Yes, there are bazillion figurines of my favourite NGE character, but just about all are of her in her plugsuit in a suggestive pose, or a novelty outfit (gothic/mermaid/yukata) that doesn't really represent the character.

Heck, I wouldn't mind getting a plugsuit version as long as the figurine still represents the character, but as I mentioned already, most figurines of her paint her in a sexualised way which is in my opinion not Rei-like at all, or the pose/design is incredibly boring/ugly.

So all I have at the moment is this tiny prize figurine: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98449

And even that's not to my desire because I don't recall Rei ever using or holding a handgun in the series.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 16:08   Link #5306
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
The figurine I want the most at the moment... I don't know if it even exists: a good quality 1/8 scale (or bigger) figurine of Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion, school uniform version in a pose that is representative of he character.
How about the Lawson prize figs from Kotobukiya?

Or some Sega prize figures
3 coming out this Fall
Old 2014-06-13, 19:44   Link #5307
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
How about the Lawson prize figs from Kotobukiya?
Not really fond of the calendar thingy in the stand/background.

Quote:
Or some Sega prize figures
This one is nice, I might try and track it down.

Quote:
The colour seems a bit off to me here.

Quote:
3 coming out this Fall
What is that thing she's holding? Did I miss it in the series somewhere, or is it part of the upcoming movie?

It looks pretty so far (I'll keep an eye on it to see how it looks in colour), but unless the critter she's holding is relevant to the series some how, then it'd be like buying a figurine of Saber with a parrot on her shoulder, pirate-style >:3
Old 2014-06-14, 10:42   Link #5308
Tasuke Shichiri
♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Quote:
Such a coincidence considering your Mikuru's avatar and sign. But my anime fandom has also raised and decline since the beginning and last of Haruhi.

indeed,many would likely claim that Asahina-chan was a singularly annoying early trailblazer
for many of today's common Anime tropes that tend to get older fans' noses
rather severely out of joint, and, i'd probably have to agree with them on most points, on the basis of honest logic.

that in mind, Asahina-chan has long-since become my favorite female Anime character, against all rhyme and reason even, logic be quite damned.
i somehow instantly took an affection to her when i first came across the character back around '07 or so.
by now, however the general fondness has long since blossomed into a full scale love for her as my one and only.

her crybaby tendencies can get to be a little much at times,. -i'll grant you that-
but no one is perfect, and her general helplessness tends to appeal strongly
to my barbaric, old-fashioned, outdated chauvinistic cavalier side.

in any case, i hear that her seemingly defenseless, benign nature
is something of a put-on in order to appease Haruhi Suzumiya,
so i believe i can pretend, with at least some modest degree of canonical credibility,
that my Miku would be the sort of woman that is plenty self-sufficient and capable,
yet seems to greatly enjoy the largely outdated romance of being a gentle, mild-mannered woman
with a good man always beside her to be ever cherished, protected and supported by.

all in all, YMMV and all that important factoring firmly in mind, Mikuru-chan is just simply too blasted Huggable and Precious
for me to ever forsake, and i know for a fact there is a considerably agile mind gong on in there as well, despite all evidence to the contrary...

Last edited by Tasuke Shichiri; 2014-06-14 at 11:09.
Tasuke Shichiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 17:27   Link #5309
iceyfw

Quote:
Wow, it's nostagic...

I don't even remember what is that manga about, but i can recognise the suit immediately:

Btw, words are Kotobukiya already making an alternative version of Olivia:

Twin tail with red body armour suit... Aggghhhh....how can they get so precise on my fetish....
CCG EXPO 2014 limited exclusive. this shall be a trial for your wallet~
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 19:19   Link #5310
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
CCG EXPO 2014 limited exclusive. this shall be a trial for your wallet~
Aghhh....

No chance for me then because:
  • exclusive means gonna be really overpriced
  • it's in a month time, means they haven't fixed the base issues
  • in China? Will be a battle to find a real one amongst the fake (and they already got a fake Olivia version which looks pretty OK actually (50$))
Old 2014-06-14, 23:49   Link #5311
BaronNoir

A couple of questions

A) Anyone know a site for merchandise other than AMI-AMI ?

B)It's silly, but is there a way to search for eBay to see if ONE seller have two items I seek (example : Nendoroid Houki, Nendoroid Yoshino)

C)Speaking of eBay, legit or bootleg ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Smile-N...item3ce28dceff
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 02:31   Link #5312
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronNoir View Post
A couple of questions

A) Anyone know a site for merchandise other than AMI-AMI ?

B)It's silly, but is there a way to search for eBay to see if ONE seller have two items I seek (example : Nendoroid Houki, Nendoroid Yoshino)

C)Speaking of eBay, legit or bootleg ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Smile-N...item3ce28dceff
The list is (but not limited to):
  • Hobbysearch
  • Mandarake
  • Hobbylink Japan
  • Toylet
  • Kid Nemo Company
  • Figure Haven
  • Jlist

On ebay search, sorry don't use ebay =/

On that other seller, he seems to be genuine (based on the goods he sold, the buyers comments, feedback toward another, etc). BUT he had so few comment and feedback that it does pose a risk. Avoid it if you only want to save 5-10% or so. But if you really really want to buy it, i suggests exchange a few email first
Old 2014-06-15, 08:57   Link #5313
BaronNoir

Generally speaking, AMI AMI and HobbySearch are rather good for covering, right ?
Old 2014-06-15, 09:32   Link #5314
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

When I used to buy from eBay, for the larger more expensive figurines, I always go for Japanese sellers with good feedback, and items that are not priced insanely cheap because if it's too good to be true, it probably is a fake.

But feedback isn't foolproof. I've seen many obvious bootleg items, but the sellers have tons of positive feedback, and the only negative feedback is for stuff like not receiving items or slow delivery.

And for small prize figurines, I've bought from a few Hong Kong sellers, and as fas as I can tell, the items were not bootlegs.

With so many other options available, I wouldn't bother with eBay anymore.
Old 2014-06-15, 10:02   Link #5315
BaronNoir

Yes, but what to do if I want to purchase an out-of-stock figurine (such as the Snow Miku Strawberry)
Old 2014-06-15, 10:39   Link #5316
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I heard the way to go is either risking on ebay, or camp on Amiami pre-owned

Heard they said just keep refreshing the site at 5 or 6pm Japan time daily or weekly, or something like that.

PS: is it a good idea to use unregistered SAL for cheap pre-owned figure? I means for those that worth $50 or so include shipping. Going by air will cost an extra $10, which is an extra 20%... Would it gonna be high risk of damaging?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-06-15 at 10:55.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 11:11   Link #5317
GDB

I'd suggest never using unregistered SAL for anything. Registered, perhaps, but I'll personally never use unregistered again.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 13:44   Link #5318
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'd suggest never using unregistered SAL for anything. Registered, perhaps, but I'll personally never use unregistered again.
I see....

Got something damaged?

The registered SAL won't ship here, so the only other option is air package =/

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-06-15 at 14:05.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:43   Link #5319
BaronNoir

Does that one sounds ''less fakey'' ?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nendoroid-Sno...item1c33859f75
Old 2014-06-16, 07:13   Link #5320
GDB

Quote:
I see....

Got something damaged?

The registered SAL won't ship here, so the only other option is air package =/
Had the side of the box cut open, the contents removed, and then resealed.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote