AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-12, 20:52   Link #10181
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Make that a better sister#! Becoming a better woman is that girl!
....I understand the joys of fan-pairing, (God knows I disagree with Ranma/Akane with all my heart and soul) but you're setting yourself up for major disappointment if you think Miyuki isn't going to win in the end. (I'm a fan of Tatsuya/Lina because: I likea the dark horse, and two strategic class teenage magicians!)

Funny story: manga/light novels/anime are very predictable about who's going to win in the end. I think the only manga that ever made it unclear is Ichigo 100%.

Miyuki is THIS close to being in heat around Tatsuya. Subtlety is not this author's strong suit.
Old 2014-02-12, 22:07   Link #10182
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
i wonder if tatsuya "software" and chiaki "hardware" get along in nine school battle i wonder

so tatsuro is scare a bit in tatsuya 0_0

i wonder what will happen in tatsuya once graduate in first high will yotsuba release his name or still hide his info of stategic type magician hmm

do wonder if he will be add in 13 apostle +_+
Old 2014-02-12, 22:08   Link #10183
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i wonder if tatsuya "software" and chiaki "hardware" get along in nine school battle i wonder

so tatsuro is scare a bit in tatsuya 0_0

i wonder what will happen in tatsuya once graduate in first high will yotsuba release his name or still hide his info of stategic type magician hmm

do wonder if he will be add in 13 apostle +_+
I doubt it. Chiaki's dead set against him. I hope not. Tatsuya's the friggin' Mahesvara! Becoming an apostle would be a demotion.
Old 2014-02-12, 22:18   Link #10184
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I doubt it. Chiaki's dead set against him. I hope not. Tatsuya's the friggin' Mahesvara! Becoming an apostle would be a demotion.
i know

still i hope chiaki will have change of heart

uhm in all course 2 student who is strongest? "except tatsuya he is a bit ... "

well i wonder what will happen if yotsuba release his name as strategic type mage (what if scenario)

if tatsuya release his skill/magic do you think he will be course 1 student if he shown it on first year (what if scenario)
Old 2014-02-12, 23:05   Link #10185
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Jealous but not possessive. In fact, very devoted and selfless. Too devoted for some people.
Vindictive towards those who want to harm her brother, not those who want to harm her. Totally justified, ask Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) for that.
She is not wearing any mask. She just tries to become a better woman for Tatsuya.
Indeed. Her conversation with Honoka says it all. She just loves him completely and regards his happiness and well-being above her own. if Tatsuya were to fall in love with another girl, of course she'd be jealous, but she'll just grit her teeth and let it go. She wants nothing from him and wants to give him everything she has because she believes he deserves it.

That's why she's the best girl.

(I also LOVE the fact that she has an evil streak. )
Old 2014-02-12, 23:51   Link #10186
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Indeed. Her conversation with Honoka says it all. She just loves him completely and regards his happiness and well-being above her own. if Tatsuya were to fall in love with another girl, of course she'd be jealous, but she'll just grit her teeth and let it go. She wants nothing from him and wants to give him everything she has because she believes he deserves it.

I always thought Miyuki was a little conflicted in that department, like, when the time comes, will she really be able to do that? Sounds like a reasonable doubt for a young girl to have, even with her background, or rather, because of her messed up background. It's not easy to be noble when your life is infested with tradition keeping, cold hearted monsters. And your mom is the dumbest woman ever.
Old 2014-02-13, 00:35   Link #10187
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I always thought Miyuki was a little conflicted in that department, like, when the time comes, will she really be able to do that? Sounds like a reasonable doubt for a young girl to have, even with her background, or rather, because of her messed up background. It's not easy to be noble when your life is infested with tradition keeping, cold hearted monsters. And your mom is the dumbest woman ever.
Why do you hate their mom that much?
I think she is a-OK compared to their father.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-13, 01:03   Link #10188
bones

I think you have that the other way around, the mother is a cold blooded bitch who threw him away and even experimented on him when he was found to be magically incapable.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:44   Link #10189
Hokoga

Quote:
Why do you hate their mom that much?
I think she is a-OK compared to their father.
Really?... Tatsurou is a coward and an idiot with no talent, who wants to ride off of his talented son's abilities and of course he doesn't really care about Tatsuya.

But here's the thing, not only did his coldhearted b*tch of a so called "mother" throw him away, she also messed him up mentally by experimenting on him with that F'd up magic that she already knew the dangers and consequences of using. She even used him as a servant and got angry whenever Miyuki treated him as family, only time he could use Miyuki's name was in public but that was for appearance sake only. Just when Miyuki started to think (maybe Okaa-sama really does care about Tatsuya) the next thing Miya said completely shattered that type of wishful thinking, pretty much verbally confirming that she doesn't really give a damn of weather her own son lives or dies.

The only underlining Miyuki could get from that, was that Miya was confident in Tatsuya's skills & abilities, but SO WHAT Tatsurou is also confident in Tatsuya's skills & abilities.
In comparison the sh*t Miya did was much worse(I bet if it really came down to it, she probably wouldn't hesitate in using Tatsuya as a meat shield to save herself, Miyuki, and Sakurai Honami, although Sakurai won't do something like that).
Old 2014-02-13, 02:02   Link #10190
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Really?... Tatsurou is a coward and an idiot with no talent, who wants to ride off of his talented son's abilities and of course he doesn't really care about Tatsuya.

But here's the thing, not only did his coldhearted b*tch of a so called "mother" throw him away, she also messed him up mentally by experimenting on him with that F'd up magic that she already knew the dangers and consequences of using. She even used him as a servant and got angry whenever Miyuki treated him as family, only time he could use Miyuki's name was in public but that was for appearance sake only. Just when Miyuki started to think (maybe Okaa-sama really does care about Tatsuya) the next thing Miya said completely shattered that type of wishful thinking, pretty much verbally confirming that she doesn't really give a damn of weather her own son lives or dies.

The only underlining Miyuki could get from that, was that Miya was confident in Tatsuya's skills & abilities, but SO WHAT Tatsurou is also confident in Tatsuya's skills & abilities.
In comparison the sh*t Miya did was much worse(I bet if it really came down to it, she probably wouldn't hesitate in using Tatsuya as a meat shield to save herself, Miyuki, and Sakurai Honami, although Sakurai won't do something like that).

Either that, or she had a good reason. But we've still yet to see if that is true or not, so your point stands.^^

As for using Tatsuya as a human shield, well I think that's just logical consider that was the whole point of his training and that he's more than capable of taking care of himself. Hey, if Maya's afraid of him, I think it follows that Miya was probably afraid of him too, and maybe, just maybe, that's part of the reason she wanted to keep her son and daughter apart...aside from the fact that the Yotsuba were probably aware that putting these two together is rather hazardous for everyone around them.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:19   Link #10191
bietchie11

Quote:

Well, she felt bad for kill off Maya emotion.
No one know what she thought when she did experience on Tatsuya. But he right now is treated like trash by Yotsuba. At least, if the operation succeeded, she would prevent that happens.

Like his father, she is also failed to be his mother as she didn't love him as her son and didn't treat him any better than she treated a stranger.
However, we know the consequence of the failed experiment: she also lost her emotion and can't love her son. Like Tatsuya can't love her.

She is an "emotional disabled" person while his father chooses to make Tatsuya life miserable of his own free will, of his own perfectly normal psychology. We can't judge them the same way.
----
I am more lenient toward her involvement in the experiment because i can relate to something i experienced:
Spoiler:

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-02-13 at 02:34.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:33   Link #10192
bones

Quote:
Well, she felt bad for kill off Maya emotion.
No one know what she thought when she did experience on Tatsuya. But he right now is treated like trash by Yotsuba. At least, if the operation succeeded, she would prevent that happens.

Like his father, she is also failed to be his mother as she didn't love him as her son and didn't treat him any better than she treated a stranger.
However, we know the consequence of the failed experiment: she also lost her emotion and can't love her son. Like Tatsuya can't love her.

She is an "emotional disabled" person while his father chooses to make Tatsuya life miserable of his own free will, of his own perfectly normal psychology. We can't judge them the same way.

I am more lenient toward her involvement in the experiment because i can relate to something i experienced:
Spoiler:

Your example is completely irrelevant as Tatsuya was not bed-ridden and did not need machines to live. She lost her emotions because of the experiment but as far as I can see, it was no great loss as she decided to go ahead with the experiment regardless.
Old 2014-02-13, 02:35   Link #10193
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

Give her a break bro; she did everything for her family that leads to her getting mentally broke; why do you think she used her power so much#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
....I understand the joys of fan-pairing, (God knows I disagree with Ranma/Akane with all my heart and soul) but you're setting yourself up for major disappointment if you think Miyuki isn't going to win in the end. (I'm a fan of Tatsuya/Lina because: I likea the dark horse, and two strategic class teenage magicians!)

Funny story: manga/light novels/anime are very predictable about who's going to win in the end. I think the only manga that ever made it unclear is Ichigo 100%.

Miyuki is THIS close to being in heat around Tatsuya. Subtlety is not this author's strong suit.
Well I think Miyuki will win in the end but not in that state; Right now Tatsuya cant see anything other than his sister;even saying that I still find it wierd that Tatsuya can still show compassion to Erika ,regret to Leo, & guilt for Honoka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post

That wasnt Honoka; it was Shizuku whos she was talking to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
There some people Miyuki accept as Tatsuya's lover; I think it was on vol. 4 ending where she laugh at both Honoka and Erika will just attack him when he goes back to his room leaving Tatsuya in question how and why would Erika attack him who was captures by the chairman

@ vol. 3 Miyuki accepted Erika as a potential rival/sister in law; and whats more Miyuki never showed jealousy but sadness as to why Tatsuya isnt willing to look at Erika; damn im getting excited again

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-02-13, 03:06   Link #10194
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Your example is completely irrelevant as Tatsuya was not bed-ridden and did not need machines to live. She lost her emotions because of the experiment but as far as I can see, it was no great loss as she decided to go ahead with the experiment regardless.
Bed-ridden or machines dependence is not something justified in itself and differentiate the action of the said parents from what Miya did.
Like i said, the failed result of that heart-surgery means death, which is much worse than the son's current condition.
The consideration between "death", "bed-ridden" and "freedom" is what motivates them to do what they did. Some think it is justified, some other don't.

The decision behind Miya's experiment concerns "treating like trash", "freedom and being super-duper awesome magician who is way more OP than he is now" and "losing ONLY strong emotion".

Compared to "death", "losing ONLY strong emotion" is actually a small price and some (includingmyself) may say "level-head" is a big plus (making this a win-win experiment).
Let just say what if Miya did not experiment on him? Would you not blame her for abandon her son even though she has a small chance to give him a better future?

Bottom line, the similarity in both cases is that they are willing to take the risk for better future. And some people blame them for that when they fail. We judge them for what they did, but we overlook the risk of what they did not try.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-13, 03:40   Link #10195
bones

All the experiment did was give him the ability to use flash cast if I remember correctly. The experiment was deemed a failure as the objective was to make him be able to use magic normally. He did not need the experiment to become overpowered or to have a better future. The only reason for the experiment was the Yotsuba's inflexible thinking and traditions.
Old 2014-02-13, 03:56   Link #10196
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
All the experiment did was give him the ability to use flash cast if I remember correctly. The experiment was deemed a failure as the objective was to make him be able to use magic normally. He did not need the experiment to become overpowered or to have a better future. The only reason for the experiment was the Yotsuba's inflexible thinking and traditions.
Tatsuya gained the ability to use normal magic but in a much cheap prossessing ability, much inferior to the norm.

Its not just the Yotsuba tradition but most of the TMC; dont forget Tatsuya is a direct descendant to the Yotsuba and the eldest son. They dont want to publicize him as a Yotsuba because they deemed him as a failure, but cant withstand the fact that the eldest son and a direct descendant can only use 2 type of magic. If you think like that you can understand that what Yotsuba did was to give Tatsuya a chance to redeem as the next head for the Yotsuba family but failed so, they gave the position to Miyuki because Yotsuba created a monster or rather a god that can only be controled by Miyiki

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-13, 04:16   Link #10197
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Tatsuya gained the ability to use normal magic but in a much cheap prossessing ability, much inferior to the norm.

Its not just the Yotsuba tradition but most of the TMC; dont forget Tatsuya is a direct descendant to the Yotsuba and the eldest son. They dont want to publicize him as a Yotsuba because they deemed him as a failure, but cant withstand the fact that the eldest son and a direct descendant can only use 2 type of magic. If you think like that you can understand that what Yotsuba did was to give Tatsuya a chance to redeem as the next head for the Yotsuba family but failed so, they gave the position to Miyuki because Yotsuba created a monster or rather a god that can only be controled by Miyiki
so speaking of which yotsuba is scared to tatsuya because of him being bs/strategic type ^^?

miyuki parent are complete ...... >_< doing that to their son

is tatsuya really a failure or they are just scared that they created a op strategic type mage +_+

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-13, 04:27   Link #10198
bietchie11

Quote:
That i agree.
It's all Yotsuba's fault for having that policy. It made all that shit happens.
But it's not Miya's fault to try to prevent him from being treated like trash by the clan in that circumstance, with that clan's policy.

But i guess it depends on each person.
I know someone blamed the said parents for putting their son in the risk of death.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-13, 04:32   Link #10199
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
so speaking of which yotsuba is scared to tatsuya because of him being bs/strategic type ^^?

miyuki parent are complete ...... >_< doing that to their son

is tatsuya really a failure or they are just scared that they created a op strategic type mage +_+

Spoiler:
Nah I wouldnt blame their parents; just like I told you Tatsuya is a direct descendant and eldest son; that itself is pretty appealing that they had done,what shouldnt be done!

Tatsuya is a failure, he said it himself, even how much Miyuki denies it he is a failure as a magician but a worthy being called a god; basically less than a magician, but more than a god(you can think of him as Katsuragi Keima in that regard)

Nope, Tatsuya's normal speed for normal magic is pretty sluggish...and his flash cast can only go 5 step process! He cant make complicated spell with only 5 process#!meaning he still fail as a course 1 student, if its only for combat:
Tatsuya=God
Miyuki + Erika + Lina= Goddesses
Leo + Miki + Tomitsuka= God's generals
Others=human trash

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-02-13, 04:35   Link #10200
hakazee

Quote:

Spoiler:

no, they must be good in all aspect of magic.

Quote:
For First High, the final exams for magic high schools included magic theory examinations based on recall and technical skills examinations.

On the other hand, language arts, math, science, sociology and other mundane topics were graded based on daily homework. This was an institution that focused on high quality training for Magicians, so from the school's perspective, having the students focus too much on subjects outside of magic was redundant. (Tatsuya and company made the distinction between Magicians and Magic Artificers only because their training naturally branched out in two directions. Normally, society would lump Magic Artificers into the same category as Magicians, but would not use "Magic Artificers" to refer to Magic Researchers who could not use magic.)

In terms of magic theory, the mandatory classes covered the foundations of magic learning and magic theory on the test; two additional topics were picked from the electives: magic geometry, magic languages, magic botany, and magic architecture, as well as one selected from either magic history or magic systems theory, for a total of five topics.

Magic technical skills were measured through application ability (the speed of magic design), magic tolerance (the scale of the Magic Sequence), interference ability (strength of rewriting Eidos), as well as the combined Magic Power given from the culmination of all three, thus resulting in four scores.

if you go to normal school, you must achieve good result in language, arts, math, science, sociology, economy, etc.....

but if you're only very very good in Math, maybe you can enroll special class.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings