AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-08-11, 15:43   Link #121
Gin
*Artist

Why the changes? What did something happen to the original VAs?
Old 2010-08-11, 16:24   Link #122
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Why the changes? What did something happen to the original VAs?
Takeshi Aono (old Mihawk) recently had a stroke and right now he's still recovering from it.

Norio Imamura (old Ivankov) was recently arrested for posting indecent pictures of his lower body on his blog. He's been tattooing himself for the past 10 years and he just finished tattooing his entire body. So, he wanted to share this with those who visit his blog.
Old 2010-08-11, 19:42   Link #123
solomon

tsk tsk tsk. I LOVED Imamura as Ivankov.

His replacement Mitso Iwata is a good seiyuu though.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 19:59   Link #124
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Norio Imamura (old Ivankov) was recently arrested for posting indecent pictures of his lower body on his blog.
Why is that illegal?

Its not like people are forced to click it if they don't want to see it.

The 'omg kids will be corrupted!!' argument doesn't work either, because kids won't understand what it is, and will probably forget what they saw after a snack of milk and cookies.
Old 2010-08-11, 20:53   Link #125
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Norio Imamura (old Ivankov) was recently arrested for posting indecent pictures of his lower body on his blog. He's been tattooing himself for the past 10 years and he just finished tattooing his entire body. So, he wanted to share this with those who visit his blog.
How long will he be in jail for? It seems like he could have just taken it down and maybe paid a fine, no need to go to jail. I guess I just don't understand the Japanese legal system.
Old 2010-08-11, 21:21   Link #126
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why is that illegal?

Its not like people are forced to click it if they don't want to see it.

The 'omg kids will be corrupted!!' argument doesn't work either, because kids won't understand what it is, and will probably forget what they saw after a snack of milk and cookies.
It is illegal to post uncensored nude images in Japan (he posted images that featured his genitalia (mostly hidden) in order to show off his irezumi (which is pretty badass, actually))...though there are rumours that the police really targeted him for running a gay bar in Shinjuku (how realistic that rumour is I do not know).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 23:55   Link #127
solomon

I saw those pics. If he didn't have anything done to his johnny, he should have just worn a speedo, could have saved himself a lot of trouble honestly.
Old 2010-08-12, 01:11   Link #128
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
though there are rumours that the police really targeted him for running a gay bar in Shinjuku .
LOL the irony!

Ace's fight with Jinbei was pretty cool. Going for 5 days straight is insane. Of course if Jinbei was in or near water, things would have ended much differently.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 01:19   Link #129
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
It is illegal to post uncensored nude images in Japan (he posted images that featured his genitalia (mostly hidden) in order to show off his irezumi (which is pretty badass, actually))...though there are rumours that the police really targeted him for running a gay bar in Shinjuku (how realistic that rumour is I do not know).
I know.

But there is no reason for it to be illegal =/

Its pretty retarded really.
Old 2010-08-12, 01:31   Link #130
solomon

Well I propose we leave it at that. Norio Imamura was with us for a short time but gave us a hell of a performance.

From what I heard, Mitsup Iwata sounds just fine as Iva-chan although his voice is a little raspy.

My fall semester will probably be over by the time the arc is done.....oh well, as long as some of the major fights are animated well, it's cool.
Old 2010-08-14, 21:53   Link #131
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Episode 462 was great, even though it didn't cover much material. Aokiji freezing the tsunamis and ocean, along with Mihawk's slash, were the highlights for me.

Akainu: Fumihiko Tachiki (he's the same guy that voices Kenpachi from Bleach and Don Krieg)
New Mihawk: Hirohiko Kakegawa (he also plays Saint Roswald of the World Nobles)
Squad: Seiji Sasaki

Akainu and Mihawk have excellent voices. They suit the characters perfectly.

Next episode preview: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-08-14 at 22:10.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:25   Link #132
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well the action's finally started.~

One thing I'll give the anime is it makes the fighting actions a lot more clearer and identifiable.

Sometimes I had trouble understanding just what exactly was going on in the manga when it came to battles.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-08-15 at 01:30.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:31   Link #133
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
One thing I'll give the anime is it makes the fighting actions a lot more clearer and identifyable.

Sometimes I had trouble understanding just what exactly was going on in the manga when it came to battles.
You're not the only one . In the anime, the fight scenes are definitely a lot more transparent to the viewer. It's amazing to see all of these battles come to life with animation.
Old 2010-08-14, 22:31   Link #134
pampz21
ShipCore

syet! every time I hear the OP I cy and can;t forget that *** will *** syet! the OP really is precise

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 23:47   Link #135
Slayerx

I really wish they would stretch more with filler fighting as opposed to just drawing out scenes... Honestly that tsunami took forever to get there, and i felt like they spent just a bit too long talking about Mihawk. Really hope they don't do that throughout this war, i mean just one slow paced scene can really feel like an eyesore in the middle of a high paced war... and i do fear it may continue; afterall it's probably A LOT cheaper to show people pausing in awe or having characters get close ups than it is to show a fight.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 00:08   Link #136
AnbuItachi

i feel the talk about mihawk was good b/c it made zoro's goal seem somewhat significant where as in the manga he seemed rather insignificant.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 01:53   Link #137
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Very nice opening episode to the action. Loved when the tsunami hit, as well as all the characters getting their bits, Mihawk's and Aka Inu's voices, etc.

Looking forward to the continuation as usual EXCITEMENT.
Old 2010-08-15, 04:37   Link #138
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
New Mihawk: Hirohiko Kakegawa (he also plays Saint Roswald of the World Nobles)
Yeah Hirohiko Kakegawa is a great choice. I had such a huge grin on my face during Mihawk's scene at the end there (especially during Tashigi's dialogue on his sword), so i'm glad he was able to fulfill the role. Sure i'd rather have Takeshi Aono, though he shall do for now.

Fumihiko Tachiki has the type of voice i expected to hear from Akainu, so there's no surprise there.

It's the shame the first part of this episode moved at a snail's pace, though seeing the action in the second half seriously made up for it. Just like SilverSyko said, it was hard sometimes to understand just what was happening during the big battle in the manga, so it's good that the anime makes it a lot more clearer as to what's happening all the time. Color truly does help.

& i'm just loving that preview. Puts a huge smile on my face.
Old 2010-08-15, 07:14   Link #139
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

OMG! When will Luffy get there? Geez. They spent like 10 minutes on Buggy and Luffy going back and forth while the Tsunami was forming. Tsunami triggered halfway through last episode, hit towards the end of this one! Whoa!

One Piece just went 24 on us. The events of this anime occur in real time!
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 08:14   Link #140
Yong

chk..khk..krk...chtk..rkh...krh...kch

- Ace
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote