Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 21:30   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ That's a nice idea, but how would we recognise eachother?
Hold up fans with your avatar printed on them
Old 2011-10-13, 21:45   Link #82
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Are transfer of tickets allowed? I don't know if I have enough time next year to go on a mandated date because I need to save tons to go back to school in 2013.
If you're a little crafty and creative, you could probably make it work. Trouble is that you'd sign up your name and information to the application and they'd check that at the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That is the most badass idea ever, I would TOTALLY do that.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:28   Link #83
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Just hold up a cardboard sign with #Asuki?

I don't know when is the visitation date, but if it is not at the end of next year, I can't go.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:38   Link #84
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Or if we can't meet with each other, just leave sign like "<Asuki ID> was here"...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 09:50   Link #85
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Maybe I should seriously consider this for next year's Animelo or Comi....
Old 2011-10-15, 21:39   Link #86
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
There is a catch, of course, though it's not a really drastic one. You have to publicize your trip on a blog or social network site.

That's not too bad, but do you have to make a certain number of posts a day? What if you go out for a drunken round of karaoke one night and miss a night? Also, what if there's no net cafe near your hotel? Yes, I know they're almost ubiquitious in Japan, but what about a classic ryokan? And if you bring your laptop, I don't think you'll have wireless Internet at the more traditional places.
Blogging eh, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Maybe you can blog about it when you get back from the trip?

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 18:59   Link #87
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
80%-90% Japanophiles/Anime fans (saw it on JT.... but I guess it's the same anyway...)
5%-10% take advantage of the bonus
1%-5% doing it seriously and going to the countryside/city
You forgot import car tuners that will be hogging parts for their cars left and right and kids that want to go to Tokyo just because "IT'S SO KOOL."

So, there goes;
80% Japanophiles/Anime Fans/Import tuner people (they could pretty much be lumped into one, because most of the money they spend will only go to their hobby.)
15% people looking for a free ticket
4% because their kids told them so
1% doing it seriously

But anyways...eh, I doubt I will have the chance to go, but I'm still thinking about it.....heheheheheh....

And blogging...that won't be a big problem to most methinks.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 20:27   Link #88
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
You forgot import car tuners that will be hogging parts for their cars left and right and kids that want to go to Tokyo just because "IT'S SO KOOL."

So, there goes;
80% Japanophiles/Anime Fans/Import tuner people (they could pretty much be lumped into one, because most of the money they spend will only go to their hobby.)
1% doing it seriously

But anyways...eh, I doubt I will have the chance to go, but I'm still thinking about it.....heheheheheh....

Now when you say "seriously", do you mean to say that the Japanophiles/Anime Fans aren't serious? I thought the purpose was to have them spend lots of money? And most anime fans at least plan to go to the actual spots of where their favourite shows are based upon, so traveling does occur too.

Just curious on what you mean here.
Old 2011-10-17, 21:53   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

So, there goes;
1% doing it seriously

???? A Japanophile is likely to spend money on culture, food, historical visits, and supporting local economies ..... I'd have to also ask what "seriously" means...
Old 2011-10-17, 22:09   Link #90
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
???? A Japanophile is likely to spend money on culture, food, historical visits, and supporting local economies ..... I'd have to also ask what "seriously" means...
Just going by bhl88's definition, but yeah, you are correct in that case...I retract my previous statement. However the main purpose is advertising, and even though these guys will probably dump tons of cash, I doubt most anime fans/import tuners will want to promote Japan tourism that much. (I may be wrong however.)

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos

Last edited by speedyexpress48; 2011-10-17 at 22:22.
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 05:19   Link #91
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I think the people of this thread is enough of an example.
Old 2011-10-18, 13:30   Link #92
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Just going by bhl88's definition, but yeah, you are correct in that case...I retract my previous statement. However the main purpose is advertising, and even though these guys will probably dump tons of cash, I doubt most anime fans/import tuners will want to promote Japan tourism that much. (I may be wrong however.)
Why wouldn't they? These guys are the ones who would probably be most honored to visit the country they so worship and tell other people all about it. I would find it even more likely that they would go where most regular tourists wouldn't go: the countryside and lesser famous spots. Devoted fans might even go look for the places where their favorite anime took place, thus showing of more of what the country truly has to offer.

I myself would love to take in as much of the country's history and culture as much as possible. And that isn't just reserved for Japan, but any other country. When I'm in a foreign country, I like to learn everything about it wherever possible. And if that means going to more obscure places, so be it.
Old 2011-10-18, 14:16   Link #93
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think it's an idea that makes economic sense. There's plenty of proof in the business world how giving out free samples can get you customers in the long term, even if you take a small hit initially.

Further, don't underestimate word-of-mouth... A strong campaign of cheap tourism for free will have those people go back home and say "yeah, the place with the tsunami? It's actually completely safe, and has an extremely interesting/unusual culture, inviting atmosphere, etc"

And like Vexx and Lord say, if I got to Japan I'd definitely be spending money (though not much, considering I don't have much to spend hehe) on cultural/historical tourism. So it will still boost the local economy.

An besides, just because anime is the genesis of one's adoration for Japan, doesn't mean they're less sincere. For example, I'm much less passionate about anime than I once was, but I still feel a strong fascination and love for Japanese culture. So the two are separate interests even if one 'created' the other.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:21   Link #94
Random32
Also a Lolicon

-I would lump full Japanophiles along with the people who take it seriously since they would be.

-I think they'll let a lot of anime/import cars/specific Japan related hobbies in so they can promote traveling to Japan (again) within their hobby groups (in addition to stimulating local economies with people who will buy anything related to their hobbies), but since their goal is to increase tourism, giving 90% of tickets to that group wouldn't be that productive since they are already groups that have a huge interest in going to Japan and need less of a push. Also, giving that much to any group would be a bit counterproductive since tickets given doesn't scale linearly to new tourism encouraged, so spreading them out more is always better.

-Would Japan favor people in nearer by countries than the US? How many people from the US really visit Japan considering that it is much more expensive for North Americans to visit. It seems a lot more people in the E/SEA region visit compared to NA region, both in raw numbers and numbers compared to population, they also took greater hits in tourism numbers due to the earthquake compared to the NA region (USA actually has the 3rd to least decrease in tourism so far in most recent numbers, after Thailand and Taiwan, and the least in 2011 numbers overall), thus I think it would be in Japan's best interest to put more focus in E/SEA rather than NA.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 14:42   Link #95
subwaygyal

i cant wait to go to japan to see the culture there
subwaygyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:26   Link #96
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japan approves $1.2tn draft budget as it cuts spending

The Japanese government has recently approved their budget. I wonder if the Japan National Tourism Organization got their grant for the free flights for 10,000 foreigners?
Old 2011-12-26, 03:01   Link #97
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Question.... Are you there now??
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 06:16   Link #98
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Everyone. I bring sad news for all of you.

Project to Offer Free Airfare to Japan to 10,000 Foreigners Canceled
Old 2011-12-28, 06:20   Link #99
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

As much as that news saddens me, I fully agree with the government. I would never accept a free ticket at the cost of the people who need the money more than I do.

Here's to seeing Japan getting the help it needs so I can truly visit it in its prime one fateful day.
Old 2011-12-28, 06:20   Link #100
HasuMasu
*Artist

Too good to be true anyway.

Tags
travel