AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 13:33   Link #2141
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
If only Stellar wasn't an experiment and a proper human pilot. Her character pretty much can't amount to anything if it's fleshing out because:
a.) her memories can be implanted.
b.) she was unstable as hell
c.) she didn't have motivation, just driven by instinct. even her raid on ladonia lab is based on instinct
It makes it a whole lot harder but I'm sure not impossible if the writer is skilled enough or in Morosawa possibily healthy enough.

Also there is one thing that always bugged me about the Zakus no standard flight pack wizard and also think acouple of custom wizard packs and Gouf or 2 would have helped afterall the MS were one of the shows strong areas they could have roled with it a little more.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 17:47   Link #2142
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
It makes it a whole lot harder but I'm sure not impossible if the writer is skilled enough or in Morosawa possibily healthy enough.

Also there is one thing that always bugged me about the Zakus no standard flight pack wizard and also think acouple of custom wizard packs and Gouf or 2 would have helped afterall the MS were one of the shows strong areas they could have roled with it a little more.
Stellar was meant to have Four's role but had Rosamia's problems. It was an interesting idea, but they kept it to close to Rosamia when they should have included more of Four in Stellar.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:31   Link #2143
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Stellar was meant to have Four's role but had Rosamia's problems. It was an interesting idea, but they kept it to close to Rosamia when they should have included more of Four in Stellar.
Yeah that's a very good point. They also shouldn't have made her condition quite so hopeless you know included a little false hope she could live through things.
Old 2011-11-07, 14:48   Link #2144
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And since there wasn't any "Newtype connection" excuse going for them, it would've helped to discover if only a tiny bit of Stellar's actual past somehow, even something as small as a single piece of paper.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:30   Link #2145
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And since there wasn't any "Newtype connection" excuse going for them, it would've helped to discover if only a tiny bit of Stellar's actual past somehow, even something as small as a single piece of paper.
Maybe have Mu talk about her a bit after the Archangel picked him it could have add a little depth.
Old 2011-11-07, 16:14   Link #2146
monster

Quote:
We do know something about Stella's past: that she was part of a group of kids who were experimented on and conditioned by the military to fight as soldiers against ZAFT.

And I think it's pretty sad that a fictional connection is more acceptable than simple empathy/sympathy. Do we really need a psychic bond to be able to care for someone else?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 14:41   Link #2147
23 gundam fan

Cool

i think its because of the retread storyline. i mean it begins pretty much the same way gundam seed does, also the relationships at the end made no sense at all

i think the reason is because first off it is a retread of gundam seed with the taking of the gundams. many of the scenes were reused a god awful amount of times thoughout the series. and wher the characters ended up with makes no sense at all. i think all of these things lent itself to the many questions we have about gundam seed destiny.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:17   Link #2148
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
many of the scenes were reused a god awful amount of times thoughout the series.
....especially the fight scenes e.g.

-Impulse's "Voltes V" combining har har.
-Justice's Twin Beam sword fusion.
-Freedoms's multiple beams firing at "impossible" accuracy (the beams even bends!)
-Archagel's fighting abilities, the cannons, missiles
-etc, etc ,etc
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 08:58   Link #2149
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
....especially the fight scenes e.g.

-Impulse's "Voltes V" combining har har.
-Justice's Twin Beam sword fusion.
-Freedoms's multiple beams firing at "impossible" accuracy (the beams even bends!)
-Archagel's fighting abilities, the cannons, missiles
-etc, etc ,etc
well, you have the same characters in practically the same (but improved) machines so the same "moves" would be applicable.

as for Impulse's combining har-har, that was really weird for me.. seriously.

the problem with Destiny is, the old cast overpowered the new ones... they should have just made the old cast supporting characters.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:00   Link #2150
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It also didn't help that it felt like they were getting lazy...first with so much "copying" of MSG and Zeta (it's fine to have similarities, but to take things so literally as far as the ZAKU Warrior, GOUF Ignited, DOM Trooper, Destroy Gundam, Murasame, Akatsuki, Jet Stream Attack, etc, etc) coupled with "reusing" things and making it feel like the same as SEED by the end ("Strike", Kira's "death" followed by "Freedom" upgrade from Lacus, METEOR spam, "Freedom" vs. "Providence" with even a clone as a pilot AND being a clone of Rau no less, Neo-GENESIS, Mwu bodily blocking a positron cannon, ZAFT leader shot by follower, etc).
Old 2011-11-24, 19:50   Link #2151
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
It also didn't help that it felt like they were getting lazy...first with so much "copying" of MSG and Zeta (it's fine to have similarities, but to take things so literally as far as the ZAKU Warrior, GOUF Ignited, DOM Trooper, Destroy Gundam, Murasame, Akatsuki, Jet Stream Attack, etc, etc) coupled with "reusing" things and making it feel like the same as SEED by the end ("Strike", Kira's "death" followed by "Freedom" upgrade from Lacus, METEOR spam, "Freedom" vs. "Providence" with even a clone as a pilot AND being a clone of Rau no less, Neo-GENESIS, Mwu bodily blocking a positron cannon, ZAFT leader shot by follower, etc).
As I said before, it looks like that Sunrise/Bandai were pandering to the UC fanbase by including the references/homages to UC (specifically, MSG), like Kira disabling 23 ZAKUs/GOUFs in under 3 minutes being an obvious homage to Amuro downing 9 Rick Doms in the same time.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:08   Link #2152
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

I realize that but, at least for me, doing it so literally makes it look a bit lazy and more irks me than draws me in.

If it were a bit more subtle like how SEED was, like the GINN only slightly resembled a Zaku with the mono-eye and head shape, but was otherwise a completely different MS, then I'd probably feel a bit different. Or, at the very least, not do it so often throughout the entire series. Like the 2 new, bigger Mobile Armor the EA used in Destiny were pretty cool and more original to me; the Zamza-Za and Gells-Ghe. Or the BuCUE/LaGOWE and variations in SEED were pretty big changes from normal MS and all.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:27   Link #2153
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Oh yeah, i really like some of the MS Designs in SEED and Destiny, but at the same time i think the nods to the Zaku and Gouf are really nice. Like the Gouf Ignited, while the backpack isn't really something i like on it, the 4-barrel beam gun is really nice, same thing with the Sword/Shield combo, the Zaku using Beam tomahawks, etc.

One of the big problems with Destiny is that it ended up being hated because the story was really, really horrible, they threw out Shinn and replaced him with Kira, instead of letting the old main cast becomming supporting characters, like Athrun was at the start of Destiny, they decided to play a safe card and reintroduce Kira and have him not develop during Destiny, at all

One other thing that Seed and Destiny both suffer from are the constant reusage of stockfootage, noone can deny this, it basically kills the show, atleast for me.

But once again, as i mentioned at the start of my post, both Seed and Destiny had great Mobile suit/Mobile armor designs.

While you see it as something bad, i honestly see them using Zaku's and Gouf's in destiny as a nod to older shows in a good way they took the Zaku's and added backpacks(Brilliant thing actually) and Heine shouting out that it's not a Zaku while whipping things in his Gouf
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 09:32   Link #2154
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Can't really find a suitable thread to post this, so um I guess I'll just leave it here?

---------

Gundam Seed HD Remaster Slated for December

The official website for the previously announced Mobile Suit Gundam Seed HD Remaster project revealed on Friday that the remastered anime will stream on the Bandai Channel website in Japan on December 23. It will then start running on the BS11 satellite channel on January 1 at 7:30 p.m., before airing on the Tokyo MX station on January 3 at 10:29 p.m. Finally, the three Blu-ray Boxes will ship next year on March 23, June 22, and September 21, respectively.

The limited edition of the first box will cost 21,000 yen (about US$269) and will contain about 288 minutes (plus 2 minutes of bonus extras) in 1080 progressive resolution. Bonuses will include an exclusive booklet, the creditless opening and ending animation footage, audio commentary for one episode per disc, and an exclusive box.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-for-december

-----------

I never thought it would actually air, thought it was just going to be released on Blu-ray or something...
The thread to use is this: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...48636&page=125

Consider it a rerun...
Old 2011-11-26, 13:16   Link #2155
GundamFan

Quote:
I realize that but, at least for me, doing it so literally makes it look a bit lazy and more irks me than draws me in.

If it were a bit more subtle like how SEED was, like the GINN only slightly resembled a Zaku with the mono-eye and head shape, but was otherwise a completely different MS, then I'd probably feel a bit different. Or, at the very least, not do it so often throughout the entire series. Like the 2 new, bigger Mobile Armor the EA used in Destiny were pretty cool and more original to me; the Zamza-Za and Gells-Ghe. Or the BuCUE/LaGOWE and variations in SEED were pretty big changes from normal MS and all.
I found the Zaku and Gouf to be a fun nod to Gundam's past. Also I just don't think we were going to get much more in terms of MS if they hadn't done the tribute to Zeon series we would have just gotten some reworked Ginns instead of Zakus and a new GuAIZ/ CGUE instead of the Goufs.
Old 2011-12-01, 14:24   Link #2156
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, I think that's probably the point. Theirs is not a normal relationship and it probably won't stand the test of time had Stella survived Destiny. But for what they had, Shinn at the very least felt strongly about it, and not necessarily in the romantic way either.

I think a lot of people misjudged it because they think this relationship is romantic in nature. But while there may be some romantic undertone, the main point seems to be Shinn's need to protect, which arose out of seeing his family killed.

So in that sense, while Stella's character may not be as "fleshed out" as some would like it to be, it is of relatively low importance in this case. If we discount the fact that she's a killer, we know that Stella has certain qualities that could invoke protective feelings from others. And Shinn happens to be just the man who wants to protect her.
i understand where your comeing from about stella be i cant get around the final talk between stella and shinn. i mean dream world or not who in there minds eye is gonna wish to see a woman you see as a sister , comein to you naked in the same fashion that flay came to kira and we know that definitely wasnt a sister brother relationship.
Old 2011-12-01, 15:17   Link #2157
monster

Quote:
i understand where your comeing from about stella be i cant get around the final talk between stella and shinn. i mean dream world or not who in there minds eye is gonna wish to see a woman you see as a sister , comein to you naked in the same fashion that flay came to kira and we know that definitely wasnt a sister brother relationship.
Who says Shinn sees Stella as a sister? I said Shinn felt inclined to protect Stella partly because of what happened to his family, not that she sees Stella as a sister.
Old 2011-12-02, 14:01   Link #2158
23 gundam fan

well its true that we always saw shinn sister as it related to stella many times. but when stella died and told shinn she loved him, i just did not get the sense that she meant it in a sister type of way. that being said. the question is had did shinn regard stella, looking at the rules he broke for her, and the care he gave her. you tend to think that hey, there are actually established boyfriends who dont give that level of sacrifice too.
Old 2011-12-02, 15:31   Link #2159
monster

Quote:
well its true that we always saw shinn sister as it related to stella many times. but when stella died and told shinn she loved him, i just did not get the sense that she meant it in a sister type of way.
I don't think she meant it in a sister type of way either.
Quote:
that being said. the question is had did shinn regard stella, looking at the rules he broke for her, and the care he gave her. you tend to think that hey, there are actually established boyfriends who dont give that level of sacrifice too.
Their relationship is complicated. To say that they are lovers is a bit of a stretch, but there is something there. It's enough to make Shinn go crazy over Stella's death.
Old 2011-12-03, 12:41   Link #2160
23 gundam fan

its just one of the problems with gsd, the fact that they dont really make it clear for the fans. i always thought the writers in japan dont get that when we watch a series we kinda want a established answer to things like this