AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 65 58.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 4.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-14, 13:46   Link #21
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

This is the point where Gilgamesh truly 'falls in love' with Saber. To put things bluntly, imagine an innocent young girl slowly degenerating into a slut (Yes, I am not kidding). That is his expectation from Saber, wanting her to slow plunge into despair as she failed at achieving her ideals again and again. He even claims that there's no better thing he could find than Saber, and that he would do anything to get her.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:51   Link #22
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailong View Post
EKUSU - KARIBAAA!!!
That is all!
Sugei Saber-sama!!! for me Seeing Jeanne was an incredible bonus too.

That aside, poor Kariya did't stand a chance at all against Tokiomi(which really isn't surprising). Wonder what Kirei's up to, finishing off Kariya there off would've been pretty easy and quick. I assumed he was gonna try and steal his command seal for Berserker or something at first.

Looking at the preview, Saber and Lancer are going to finish where they left off. Now that I think about it, it's better they didn't do this an episode earlier considering the situation at the time. Might be a bit dissapointing since Lancer probably won't be able to fight at full strength after breaking one of his own NBs.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:11   Link #23
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Highlights
- Lancer slapchopping Berserkjet
- Iri's monologue
- Jeanne cameo =D
- Gil confessing his desire for Saber's sweet, delicious tears.

9/10
Old 2012-04-14, 14:31   Link #24
ookamigirl

Rider, Saber & Lancer = really nice team work
Gilgamesh was playing solo with Berserker..
That guy is not a good team player.
Great episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 15:04   Link #25
kitten320

Oh, nice to see Jeanne.

Looks like Saber has finally gained a creepy stalker.

Looks like Lancer will be at disadvantage now. Will wee see him die next episode? I'm disappointed because I expected to see more exploration of relationship between him and his two masters.
Old 2012-04-14, 16:32   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm having a hard time understanding how Lancer managed to get on Berserker's jet so easily but otherwise that was an utterly fantastic episode.

It was truly cringe-worthy watching Kariya get nothing but burned for his efforts. It's just God damn painful to watch. Kotomine didn't actually do what I expected him to do but it was close enough. In the end Kotomine decided to help Kariya.

So Lancer didn't need to die but it was great of him to sacrifice his spear. Well he has no problems doing it since he doesn't even care for the grail but still.

And Saber's excalibur was pure awesome. They even decided to put in a special Yuki Kaijura Promised Sword of Victory BGM for us VN fans. I had the dumbest grin on my face when that BGM played up. Awesome.

Definitely wouldn't mind a Jeanne D'arc side story btw. At this rate I may even end up liking her more than Saber.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 16:42   Link #27
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding how Lancer managed to get on Berserker's jet so easily but otherwise that was an utterly fantastic episode.

It was truly cringe-worthy watching Kariya get nothing but burned for his efforts. It's just God damn painful to watch. Kotomine didn't actually do what I expected him to do but it was close enough. In the end Kotomine decided to help Kariya.

So Lancer didn't need to die but it was great of him to sacrifice his spear. Well he has no problems doing it since he doesn't even care for the grail but still.

And Saber's excalibur was pure awesome. They even decided to put in a special Yuki Kaijura Promised Sword of Victory BGM for us VN fans. I had the dumbest grin on my face when that BGM played up. Awesome.
Heroic spirits can return to spirit form at any time. During which they can materialize anywhere at will. Its not effective in combat situations since they leave themselves open during the transition but in the case of traveling to a destination quickly *Lancer appearing on Berserker's Jet* it works quite well.

omg i love this series. each episode feels like a mini movie by itself! The animation is once of the best I've ever seen in an anime to boot and the lighting is amazing.
Old 2012-04-14, 16:46   Link #28
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Heroic spirits can return to spirit form at any time. During which they can materialize anywhere at will. Its not effective in combat situations since they leave themselves open during the transition but in the case of traveling to a destination quickly *Lancer appearing on Berserker's Jet* it works quite well.
I know about he materialization stuff, but it's just the way Lancer managed to get there looked so ridiculously simply it was almost making a mockery of everyone's efforts.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 16:59   Link #29
Randomzx

Quote:

Definitely wouldn't mind a Jeanne D'arc side story btw. At this rate I may even end up liking her more than Saber.
I prefer this version to Kaijura.

from the Drama CD
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:01   Link #30
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So Lancer jsut had to break the spear in order to remove the curse form Saber's left hand. So Kariya is most likely dead, so Berserker will be running around right? Saber's was awesome. Surprised Lancer took out Berserker's ship so easily. So Gil finally falls for Saber.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:05   Link #31
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So Lancer jsut had to break the spear in order to remove the curse form Saber's left hand. So Kariya is most likely dead, so Berserker will be running around right? Saber's was awesome. Surprised Lancer took out Berserker's ship so easily. So Gil finally falls for Saber.
nah, Berserker can't maintain his presence without an obscene amount of prana due to the mad enchancement. Once Kariya dies, you can bet Berserker goes *poof*
Old 2012-04-14, 17:11   Link #32
Yuutsu

Quote:
Surprised Lancer took out Berserker's ship so easily.
Berserker maintained control of the fighter-jet using his corrupted prana. Lancer's remaining Noble Phantasm severs that connection, so the Berserker loses control of the now-normal jet.

Also, Lancer and Saber need to get a room. Sheesh, their flirting embarrasses me.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:37   Link #33
HandofFate

Quote:
Looks to me instead of finishing him off, Kiriya healed him.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:43   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
The episode was nice but the best thing was that someone made this comment during Gil vs Berserker:
DO A BARREL ROLL!
I swear I couldn't stop laughing! lol
My inner thought when Berserker started shooting at Saber with his plane was, "It's Danmaku Play Time! Saber, is your hitbox small enough to graze that F-15 Danmaku???"
Old 2012-04-14, 17:52   Link #35
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

That was... just too awesome.
just wow.
Old 2012-04-14, 18:30   Link #36
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I came. Just need her to remix Emiya and we're set .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:43   Link #37
Jerseykid

insect guy always seemed like he would have been a lot cooler than he turned out to be, i am disappointed
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:48   Link #38
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Looks to me instead of finishing him off, Kiriya healed him.
Um, don't you mean Kotomine healed Kariya?

As for this week's episode it was excellent. Saber finally using Excalibur with Promised Sword of Victory remix was simply divine. Gilgamesh's overconfidence got the better of him which cost him his vimana. Though Caster and Uryuu's murder spree was no less atrocious I'm going to miss their bromance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
insect guy always seemed like he would have been a lot cooler than he turned out to be, i am disappointed
You have to take account that Kariya never had any official training as a mage. So it's no surprise that he was no match to Tokiome who has years of experience. Kariya only took a quick way to boost his magical abilities to summon a heroic spirit with those crest worms at the cost of his own health and life.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 18:53   Link #39
Kirarakim

The Saber part was definitely the highlight of the episode. As much as I love Rider, I didn't really like Rider & Gilgamesh 'discussing' Saber. She outshined everyone in this episode.

Although of course some credit has to be given to Rider ( for stalling Caster) & Lancer (for being chivalrous)

Didn't really like CG Berserker or Caster (I am probably alone in this). And let me just say I am glad we can say goodbye to Caster. I never cared for his character.

On the other hand I am glad we are not saying goodbye to Kariya because I think he still has an interesting story to tell.
Old 2012-04-14, 19:35   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomzx View Post
I prefer this version to Kaijura.

from the Drama CD
Considering the context and execution of the anime scene, I prefer Kajiura's version: the flow, chorus and intruments gave much more solemn vibes than the original or Zero version.