AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Rate the series (final rating)
Perfect 10 54 17.14%
9 out of 10 64 20.32%
8 out of 10 101 32.06%
7 out of 10 54 17.14%
6 out of 10 17 5.40%
5 out of 10 11 3.49%
4 out of 10 8 2.54%
3 out of 10 3 0.95%
2 out of 10 1 0.32%
1 out of 10 2 0.63%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-12, 12:34   Link #41
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
so it's basically an 8....^^
Crimen Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 12:41   Link #42
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
so it's basically an 8....^^
Not true, if you read his post carefully, it's clearly NOT an 8. And since he gave a 5-8 margin, I bet it's somewhere in the middle, 6,5-7 which is my rating, too
Old 2006-01-12, 12:44   Link #43
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
an overall 7-8 would be good...shouldnt be any lower evn tho it had it's share of bad script, animation, plotholes, and crap...and it's not perfect either...as we have discussed, there is better anime out there, or better harems... but all in all it was enjoyable and i hope for a return of Shuffle! in a new form...
Old 2006-01-12, 12:52   Link #44
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, you have to check HOW the 7-8 comes up

For me it's something like this :
Shuffle up to ep 18: 8-10
Shuffle ep 19-20 : 10++
Shuffle ep 21 : 1 (one of the worst episodes, if not the downfall of Shuffle)
Shuffle ep 22 : 7-8 (good, funny episode but a bit unnecessary)
Shuffle ep 23 : 3 (weak episode, weak arc, only Ama saves the day and the occassional girl appearances)
Shuffle ep 24 : first half 5: Ok, it's still the weak Asa plot, but that sound when Rin sliced his wrists was so damn nice, I couldn't disregard that.
Shuffle ep 24 : second half : Ok... This is hard. It would have been 8-9, it was funny, Ama/Kings were very well done, and KaedexSia kiss scene was . BUT... the animation was pure crap... even if I were lenient, it's still at least one point minus. But I'm not that forgiving, so I'll give it a 5 cause of terrible animation.

But since I'm nice, I gave it an overall 7 What can I say, last impressions count
Old 2006-01-12, 13:05   Link #45
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

the Rin slicing sound was good...it made it worth it...

As for Shuffle! in general, i cant say that i didnt enjoy it so i would leave it at 8...alot of things did dissapoint...and made us start questioning the writers...
I'm not gonna deduct points for Shuffle! based on the ep 24 animation...i saw it twice...and as i said in the ep 24 thread...it fit in with the lightheared comedy since it was a switch from Intense drama to intense comedy...to make us relieved and either want more or just e want to end it, satisfied....but i want more, second season without this couple...
Old 2006-01-12, 13:34   Link #46
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Well for me it's something like this:

I clearly stated it was a 7.5 to me, as well as I clearly stated the animation was going to have a malus for the second half of last episode.

As for the story, I gave 5. Why?

Episode 1-11: vote 4 for inconsistence.
Episode 12-14: vote 8 for Primula and for an overall well thought plot
Episode 15-17: vote 5 for sillyness
Episode 18: vote 7 for failing to be the sweetest of the series (cause=lack of confession)
Episode 19-20: vote 9 for emotional involvment and overall realization/voice acting. Higher point in the series.
Episode 21: vote 4 for contraddictions/clueless script
Episode 22: vote 8 for overall sweetness
Episode 23: vote 6 for poorly believable pattern
Episode 24: vote 5 for "wannabe original" failed, and for bad animations.

It's a 6+ , summing the various rates. BUT, as I have said on my brief review back on page one when I talked of "major penalization", for the first eleven episodes the plot gets a straight -1 . Thus it's a 5.
Combined with the other things, it's a 7.5 .
Then you could ask me, why then to put it in the "8" and not in the "7" ?
Simply answer: because when there's a balancement, the first factor I consider, in order of importance, is the *enjoyment* . And that was a plain 9, since I really throuroughly enjoyed this series despite its flaws. Ditto, I oriented my rate a bit on the highest, and that's how my very personal 8 came up
Old 2006-01-12, 22:37   Link #47
BrokenWingz

8-Its not the typical harem show, only some fan service every now and then but its majorly drama and it doesnt show how some person/people mature throughout the series, its definitely good but not a great because there are obviously some flaws that doesnt make it a blockbuster .

Quote-Fobeseii ep 22 i'm suprised that Rin didnt choose Sia/Nerine/Kaede.

I think that choosing one of those would of made a larger impression for the ending but its still good non-the-less.

extra stuff-I dont mind watching shows that dont go anywhere in the first place(fillers or random scenes) as long as it doesnt come filler somewhere in the story where it gets good(e.g Naruto)
1st 13eps tend to be random get to know the chars type of concept so i didnt mind the each ep for a certain girl fo Shuffle!
15-17Was kind of silly but at that point Sia was probably the most or 2nd most likely to be Choosen so i thought it was alright and the end of ep 17 was where Rin was starting to show his change
18-Could call it the pre-obvious for who was/will Rin choice
19-21-nothing else to say, obvious the high in the drama throught the series
22-24 no comment *yet*
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 22:48   Link #48
wildarmsheero
Three Times As Fast

Not the best anime I've ever seen, but very entertaining and it had a lot of heart. I felt very close to the characters, which is what really sold me. 8/10. Great show.
wildarmsheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 13:22   Link #49
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

For the statistics' lovers (I am one ) :

Currently the overall average rating for SHUFFLE! , with 73 voters, is 7.89/10
Old 2006-01-13, 16:27   Link #50
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I'd give SHUFFLE! an 8/10.
For people who hadn't played the game, or were able to resist the evil spoiler tags, the ending was pretty interesting. I just think that Nerine needed more screentime [If they animate TICK! TACK!, then I'll change my rating to 9/10], and the animation was poor. Afterall, great series.
Akuryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:18   Link #51
303aegiszx

Send a message via AIM to 303aegiszx
A favourite for me now. Just loved it. 10/10

^^
303aegiszx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:46   Link #52
wildarmsheero
Three Times As Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou
and the animation was poor.
wut

I admit that it was no Akira or 0083, but the animation was pretty damn good for a TV series =/
wildarmsheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 17:56   Link #53
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

i gave it an 8/10, because it wasnt an "OMG I FREAKING LOVE THAT ANIME!! IT WAS THE BEST" but it wasnt a "shuffle what? cards? oh the anime shuffle, dont really remember...". its something i would remember. the characters were great, the music was great, and the story was good. enough for a *thumbs up* from me
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:08   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I like the ep by ep analysis people are doing to arrive at their decisions .... I'm at work so all I can add is I'm somewhere tween Pell and npal --- enjoyed the first half as "light comedy romance", really enjoyed the "save Primula" arc (.. disappointed that Nerine got shut off so easily), *really* enjoyed the "descent of Kaede" . ... then was psyched up for a end to the Kaede arc and a really kickass Asa arc and conclusion and then ... .wtf??????
Kaede just whimpered away? Asa's brain gets replaced by a sponge? Rin's personality is replaced by a bunch of post-it notes? We switch to Clutch Cargo animation team at the end? (yes, the little chibi-ish bits were cute tho)
I will state this was not a Negima or Ichigo trainwreck... but it was a bit of a fender bender ... Lost opportunities for unforgettable ....

Watching the earlier episodes reminds me of just how much of this series I do like ... going to show the series this weekend to some friends without saying anything and see how they review it...
Old 2006-01-13, 19:48   Link #55
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I give it a 8/10. I've seen some better dramas, like KGNE (less predictable)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 07:39   Link #56
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

at the moment the average vote is 7,89
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 08:04   Link #57
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I gave Shuffle a seven.

Itīs an enjoyable work and it has its moments of comedy and drama but the way they resolved Kaedeīs problem drags my rating down.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 08:22   Link #58
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
I've seen better harem than this (first being Da Capo), but overall, I guess it's ok.
Sorry for being picky... but Da Capo better then Shuffle? No way!

Anyways I rate this series around an 8... it's good... but it could've been great had they only... well this isn't the thread for that is it?
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 08:41   Link #59
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack
Sorry for being picky... but Da Capo better then Shuffle? No way!
Well, everyone is free to have his own tastes
In the case of Da Capo (meaning the first season), I've to state that strong and intense characters as Nemu, Kotori and Sakura have absolutely no match with either Asa, either Sia, either whichever you want (maybe I could make an exception for Kaede). And the story were a little bit smoother and with a better main character. A lot of things, now this isn't the place to talk about them.
By the way, in my very personal ranking, Da Capo is placed as the first for harem genre, with an overall rating of 9.3/10. Naturally, imho

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-01-14 at 09:07.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 16:22   Link #60
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
7 here

it had it' highs and downs, but Rin reaction in the last episode saved the last few episodes.

Last edited by ragnarokr; 2006-01-14 at 16:36.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote