AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-23, 15:01   Link #21
marvelB

Wow, I knew those panda guys can be sloppy, but they really mangled this chapter. I mean damn, right off the bat with "army" instead of marines (or even navy, which is technically more accurate in the first place). And yeah, don't believe a single word about Luffy wanting to take down Shanks first. It's dead clear that he has too much respect for the guy to want to take him down in a less-than-honorable fashion (which is pretty much how Law works).....

Anyways, Momo is surprisingly cute in his human form. I also assume that fasting is his main quirk (not exactly the most healthy one, either....). I really do wonder what's up with him and his papa. Kinemon seemed to indicate that they had some other purpose for leaving their home country....

Also, I really liked seeing the Straw-Hats and marines putting aside their differences and celebrating together this chapter. Makes sense too, since they helped each other so much this chapter. In fact, I can even see G5 becoming their allies eventually (but I guess this depends on whether or not Vergo is removed from power).....

Lastly, now we know which yonkou Law plans to take down, I now have a new theory as to who the mystery man from last chapter may be: An envoy from Kaidou's crew. Much like how Big Mom had Pekoms and Tamago pick up her supply of candy from mermaid island, perhaps Kaidou regularly sends his own men to Punk Hazard to collect some SAD for those "Smile" fruits. Heck, that big thing that dude is riding (whether it's a ship or bird or whatever) is probably used for the exact purpose of transporting the SAD. Yes, I think this theory seems plausible enough....
Old 2013-01-23, 15:22   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I said it once before: It would make more sense to NOT start with the Emperor who has this Army.

Why? Destroying the beastman army before it has the chance to gain even MORE power makes sense from a more tactical point of view, IMO.
Old 2013-01-23, 15:57   Link #23
Slayerx

Quote:
Did I miss something?
Where does it say, that Kaidou is the one with the Zoan Army?
Just because Law wants to take him out first, it doesn't mean, that he is the one doing business with Doflamingo. I said it once before: It would make more sense to NOT start with the Emperor who has this Army.
Law referred to him as "100 beast Kaidou", and earlier they said that one of the yonkou had a zoan army of 100 made with Smiles
And really, what other emperor would be a better target... they all are certain to have their strengths. Heck Law's plan might not just be to cut off Kaidou's source of Smiles to stop the growth of his forces, but possibly even to provoke Kaidou into a war with Doflamingo and the underworld. Afterall, despite it being someone else's fault we know how Big Mama felt when Fishman island could not fullfill their obligation to her. Kaidou might have a similar reaction to Doflamingo if he can't keep the supply of smiles running
Old 2013-01-23, 17:55   Link #24
Casshern

I plan to wipe the floor with all four of them! *shows 3 fingers*
Old 2013-01-23, 18:21   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
If that is his nickname, then he probably even had it before, so that's not really an argument.

Yeah sorry, but personally I'm gonna go with Occam's Razor here. If the dude even has "beast" in his nickname then who's to say that he COULDN'T be the leader of a BEAST army?

As far as Law creating conflict between Dofla and the emperors goes, while that would most certainly be a clever plan, I just can't see Luffy of all people going along with it. He's basically the sort of person who rushes straight to the leader of the pack. I strongly doubt he's going to wait around for Law to cause a rift between world powers (hell, the fact that he already declared war against one of the emperors himself strengthens my point right there). Not to say that I can't see that kind of idea happening (in fact, it's very much possible if my theory of the shadowy dude being from Kaidou's crew rings true), but otherwise it's Luffy who would directly confront Kaidou, with or without Law's approval....

tl;dr: If Law's preferred game to play is chess, then Luffy's is most definitely rock em' sock 'em robots.
Old 2013-01-23, 21:15   Link #26
ellifeedn
Thinker

Random speculation: Kaidou ate a fruit that gave him the power to control animals, including Zoan fruit eaters.
Old 2013-01-24, 01:49   Link #27
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Random speculation: Kaidou ate a fruit that gave him the power to control animals, including Zoan fruit eaters.
Near-useless if you're not on an Island like the ones in Strong World or the one Luffy was training on since it'd be hard to find decent animals to train alongside to get to his current level or use to defend himself with if ever he got into danger with pirates. THOUGH, if he somehow got past the initial phase of what all paramecia's go through with their DF powers, he could have collected a bunch of Strong world type animals and used them in combination with the Zoans of various crews he fought.

Seems like your theory would make the most sense though.
Old 2013-01-24, 03:50   Link #28
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 696
Amazing how much of the translation clears up after a day has passed. It will be one heck of a switch if Luffy is actually playing Law. Luffy has only acted out of character once, but that won't be the last. It is good to see the Straw Hats using what they learned over the two years(Sanji's cooking the Okami recipe). Luffy is really digging himself a deep whole, picked a fight with two yonkou, pissed off Daflamingo, and he wants to wipe the floor with all four Yonkous (Including the guy who inspired him). Now he wants to stay and party like the arch is coming to an end. What are the chances he will go to another Island and pick another fight with a different Yonkou? This would make three in a row if he does(Hopefully it will be Shanks). The further the one piece story progresses better it gets.

Law and Killer making alliances, coincidence or little too convenient?
What are the odds that Killer is trying to get an alliance going between Hawkins, Kidd, and Apoo. At the same time you have Law making alliance with Luffy. Those two decide to make an alliance as soon has Luffy shows up. I wonder if they are working together?
Old 2013-01-24, 03:55   Link #29
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I wonder what was the issue with Momonosuke not accepting Sanji's food initially. I think it'll tie into the background of Wano country somehow.

Ceasar being tortured by pliers was hilarious.

Maybe they were poisoned by the Marines in the past before. It wod be awesome if Kaidou is a rare zoan.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:20   Link #30
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

For now I'll just assume the kid's been taught to not accept food from strangers.
Old 2013-01-24, 09:51   Link #31
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Near-useless if you're not on an Island like the ones in Strong World or the one Luffy was training on since it'd be hard to find decent animals to train alongside to get to his current level or use to defend himself with if ever he got into danger with pirates. THOUGH, if he somehow got past the initial phase of what all paramecia's go through with their DF powers, he could have collected a bunch of Strong world type animals and used them in combination with the Zoans of various crews he fought.

Seems like your theory would make the most sense though.
Did you forget about the Sea-Kings? Or aquatic animals in general?
Old 2013-01-24, 09:54   Link #32
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Did you forget about the Sea-Kings? Or aquatic animals in general?
RIGHT. I did forget about them. Though, he may end up getting killed before he can control one. Since they are really strong to all but really strong pirates(e.g Luffy or Zoro or Law, Rayleigh etc).
Old 2013-01-24, 09:56   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I doubt he can control the sea kings since that would basically make him another Poseidon. Too much overlap with the princess' power.
Old 2013-01-24, 10:00   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I wonder what was the issue with Momonosuke not accepting Sanji's food initially. I think it'll tie into the background of Wano country somehow.
I also thought it had to do with his prideful samurai personality; Kinemon displayed a similar personality in the past (mainly refusing help from others).

Last edited by james0246; 2013-01-24 at 10:35.
Old 2013-01-24, 11:03   Link #35
golgo13

Really nice to see Luffy's plan was take down each of the emperors!

Wow Kaido. Wasn't expecting him to be in so early. What is his power, if he has been yonkou for such a long time how much could he have benefited from the Smiles? Is that the main source?

Looks like caribou may have been confused with one of Kaido's commanders.

The "Let's live on, Monosuke!" by Kinemon caught my attention. It looks like these two are in a bind, maybe escaping from something or searching for Monosuke's mother? Or a cure for DF? The SH will likely be helping them. Side quest!

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-01-24 at 11:03. Reason: sp
Old 2013-01-24, 11:54   Link #36
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Great another one of those non-important victory-celebration time episodes.

Also Poor Kadiou. Why does everyone go after him first? Possibly the weakest of Yonkou?
Old 2013-01-24, 13:01   Link #37
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

no one interested in the "Hearts" position that being reserved by Doflamingo for Law?

some kind of Dofla's elite army perhaps?
Old 2013-01-24, 13:02   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Possibly the weakest of Yonkou?
He did directly confront Whitebeard when he went off to war, so I doubt he is the weakest (if there is such a thing amongst the Yonkou).

(That being said, unless Blackbeard gained a larger crew, he should technically be the "weakest".)

Last edited by james0246; 2013-01-24 at 13:25.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:29   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Kaido most likely won't be encountered any time soon. If anything, I see Big Mom being the first emperor Luffy will run into.
Old 2013-01-24, 19:04   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post

Yeah like I said before, fasting seems to be some weird quirk of his. Or it could be like what the others said about him being to prideful to accept help/food from others. Either way, I doubt this will be the last we'll see of this gag.

Also, I wonder when we'll be updated on Monet and Vergo's conditions? Particularly the former (we haven't even seen heart anywhere this chapter).....
Closed Thread