Old 2015-12-19, 09:17   Link #1
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

February 2016 - Selector Destructed WIXOSS

PV1

PV2
Old 2015-12-29, 18:49   Link #2
tuckersister

Still nothing is revealed. The second teaser is a recycle of scenes from the two anime seasons.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 18:53   Link #3
Kurohane

Looking forward to this, though probably have to wait til Funimation releases it on DVD.
Old 2016-01-30, 14:00   Link #4
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-26 at 08:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-12, 04:03   Link #5
tuckersister

I just saw the 7 mins preview clip, it seems I'm right about it talking about Ruko's past. Ulith knew Ruko in the past, she was known as Rumi. However I don't what time it take place. Mayu seems to give that new LRIG a certain mission. That LRIG will be the present day antagonist. I kind of knew Ruko knew Tama in the past somehow.
Old 2016-02-12, 11:57   Link #6
Kurohane

By Ulith you mean Kuro/Yuki or the sociopath?

Also, Mayu's spirit didn't move on?
Old 2016-02-13, 20:30   Link #7
tuckersister

The movie seems to have a lot of flashback scenes.
Old 2016-02-16, 17:48   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Some scenes in the PV like Piruruku's facial distortion didn't actually appear in the movie, it seems...
Overall, there are some new finishing scenes like Ruu x Tama, Midoriko, and Hanayo-san, and some additional scenes mainly focusing on Rumi (Urisu). There is even a bit of Kiyoi x Akilucky?, though no Kiyoi x Amika (shame...). Those are probably what fans care about. The rest is mainly content from the TV series.

Now for the DVD to come out so I can watch those scenes myself...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 19:12   Link #9
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Some scenes in the PV like Piruruku's facial distortion didn't actually appear in the movie, it seems...
Overall, there are some new finishing scenes like Ruu x Tama, Midoriko, and Hanayo-san, and some additional scenes mainly focusing on Rumi (Urisu). There is even a bit of Kiyoi x Akilucky?, though no Kiyoi x Amika (shame...). Those are probably what fans care about. The rest is mainly content from the TV series.

Now for the DVD to come out so I can watch those scenes myself...
So it's basically a compilation film?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2016-02-16 at 19:42.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 09:56   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
So it's basically a compilation film?
Pretty much. The new parts are the beginning (which has been uploaded as a teaser), vs Uris, and the epilogue.
Mainly fanservice for fans, since 2-cour being shrunk into 1 movie leaves out too much for newcomers to the series.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-02-28, 14:31   Link #11
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-24 at 09:00.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 00:09   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finished watching the movie (blu-ray)

Without a doubt, it is definitely not for people who have not watched the TV anime. On the other hand, it is a great fan item.
Although the story is mainly reused from the TV, even the reused parts have newly recorded audio, so the lines don't all sound the same. Also, because they compressed 2-cour into a movie, there actually isn't that much old stuff. (Pointless) characters like Futase/Anne and Chiyori/Eldora were mostly removed from the story and the tempo is... well, "good".
And most importantly, it gives a good end to every character, such as Ruu/Tama and Yuzuki/Hanayo and as good as it can get for Ulith. You also get close-ups of human Eldora and Anne.

...Come to think of it, Mirurun wasn't in the new part of the epilogue?! Though she is a main character of the drama CD that comes with the movie, so that is enough.

And I wish they actually animated Umr and Tawil in the manner movie instead of just using their original artwork. I mean, JC Staff has already made their character designs.

Old 2016-09-05, 09:45   Link #13
Kurohane

Quote:
Finished watching the movie (blu-ray)

Without a doubt, it is definitely not for people who have not watched the TV anime. On the other hand, it is a great fan item.
Although the story is mainly reused from the TV, even the reused parts have newly recorded audio, so the lines don't all sound the same. Also, because they compressed 2-cour into a movie, there actually isn't that much old stuff. (Pointless) characters like Futase/Anne and Chiyori/Eldora were mostly removed from the story and the tempo is... well, "good".
And most importantly, it gives a good end to every character, such as Ruu/Tama and Yuzuki/Hanayo and as good as it can get for Ulith. You also get close-ups of human Eldora and Anne.

...Come to think of it, Mirurun wasn't in the new part of the epilogue?! Though she is a main character of the drama CD that comes with the movie, so that is enough.

And I wish they actually animated Umr and Tawil in the manner movie instead of just using their original artwork. I mean, JC Staff has already made their character designs.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-09-06, 01:20   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2016-09-06, 01:22   Link #15
Kurohane

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, that sucks.
Old 2016-10-04, 15:24   Link #16
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Somewhere in this budget pressed recap film is an engaging story about Ulith the film should've focused on. It instead retells the show with Ulith as the main voice. As a retelling, newcomers are going to be lost and previous viewers have little reason to watch it. As a sequel, it takes a similar approach other works--such as The Bourne Films--used in interjecting themselves in medias res of an existing work. But a combination of choppiness and lack of new content creates a film that tries to be a sequel and a retelling, and becomes neither

I'm going to give Selector Destructed WIXOSS a C. There's a great story in here muddled by slapdash content we've already seen. But hey, Ruko x Tama @#$%^es!
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 12:28   Link #17
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Watched the movie recently and it appears that it fixed some of the problems from the TV series like having a better resolution for Mayu where she no longer challenge Ruko to a guessing game.

Speaking of Ruko, she finally met Tama-chan after being separated for so long. Great to see both of them together!

Finally, what interest me is the inclusion of Ulith's backstory, although some are confused on Ulith or Ruri's sister Sachi. I mean, she met Ruko under the name of Tama, attempted suicide, and became a LRIG named Hanare so she can rescue Ruri. It's weird that Sachi is connected to this!

Anyways, it's a nice addendum to the Selector Infected/Spread WIXOSS TV series.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 15:47   Link #18
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Today I watched the Destructed WIXOSS film right before starting with the Lostorage WIXOSS season, since I desired to bring everything to conclusion with the first story.

As people have previously commented, the film filled a substantial portion of gaps left hanging during the course of the two TV anime.

1. There's a better conclusion to Mayu's fate.
2. All Selector girls shown throughout the course of the show were able to meet with their Lrig, now in their real human forms, in the real world.
3. Ruko was finally able to meet with Tama, the latter as a human.
4. We got an added dialogue exchange between Midoriko and Hanayo, now that they reverted back to their human personas respectively.
5. Ulith's (a.k.a. Rumi) full backstory in detail, and unexpectedly achieving a happy resolution when Sachi came to save her towards the end, since in the TV show's run it gave the impression she was cast into oblivion for good.

BTW, I do agree with some people that at the beginning I also made the confusing mistake that Ruko likely met with Rumi (Ulith) during their childhood.

IMO, the problem is that the movie inserts suddenly Ulith and Ruko's childhood stories not giving away some sort of demarcation point, however, by watching the film carefully towards the end I realized the mistake and understood that both stories while running parallel did not overlap.

Ruko met Tama, which the irony was that Ruko was originally named Tama, if I understood correctly.

Rumi met Sachi, which at the beginning told her the meaning of the latter's name standing for pain when deconstructing the kanji by just one character. The reversal came true when Sachi came to Rumi's rescue at the end telling her the same but adding that the name means happiness when constructing the kanji with one more character.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 04:05   Link #19
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Ruko met Tama, which the irony was that Ruko was originally named Tama, if I understood correctly.
I think Ruko met Sachi under the name of Tama. Of course, I have a theory that the LRIG Tama has inherit Sachi's meeting with Ruko, even though she along with Yuki are created by Mayu.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-23, 01:49   Link #20
Kazu-kun

I think I get the connection between Rumi, Sachi, Tama and Ruko.

Sachi and Rumi were really close as kids, but they were separated when Rumi was sent to a private institute.

At some point after that Sachi met Ruko, and they nicknamed each other Tama (because of the Japanese expression "tama tama"). Ruko eventually forgot that encounter (it seems they only met once) but the name "Tama" stayed in her mind. That's why she named her LRIG that way.

At some point Sachi and Rumi become LRIGs, and Sachi's body fell into a coma.

At the end of the movie, Sachi met Rumi (Ulith) again inside the darkness. It's stated Sachi can't go back to her human body, so she decides to stay with Rumi.

I'm pretty sure when Ruko meets Tama at the end of the movie, Tama is inside Sachi's body, since Tama originally didn't have a human body. Besides, Sachi was nicknamed Tama herself so it's oddly fitting that Tama (the LRIG) ends up using her body. On top of that Sachi would be okay with it because she wanted to stay with Rumi in the darkness. Also, human Tama and Sachi's hair and eyes color match.

This is a very different ending to the tv show, which hints Ruko's wish magically gave Tama a body. There's no magic resolution in the movie, as far as I can see. Tama got to become a human because Sachi's body was available.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-11-23 at 02:14.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote