AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 10:45   Link #101
tsunade666

nah, I didn't say that I would like a 1 movie adaptation for WWIII. An Ideal would be 2 movie at least with a massive cliffhanger in movie 1 like the arrival of Gabriel. That would make the fans kill the studio and a riot would emerge okay setting that aside. Movie has at least better budget and good animation or steady one. JC staff has the track records of doing bad animation where it doesn't count. So by making the WWIII a movie. I probably would go rage rage on ups and down on certain aspect. Plus a whole year of planning makes it a lot better. And I don't think that with that much time they can still screw it up.

And I wait for years on movies before so having Index wait for a year or 2 to see a great presentation wouldn't be bad. And even if i ended up ranting by the time it's been shown and I said I wish I would want to see it too. Then that's just honest feelings of wanting to see it but it's not like I can watch it <.< the same applies for the past movie I watch.

Now if they show the movie by year 2013 or 2014
The WWIII movie. I might not ended up waiting a year or 2 because by that time I'm sure to have graduated already and had a job
Old 2011-10-21, 11:30   Link #102
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Two movies? So now you want them to drag it out for two three years until we can start new testament ? Nah man, I'm not down with that, I don't want Index to be one of those series that just fades away like Durarara and FMP and Haruhi... Or like Shana suffer from a drop in interest until people are half-hearted about it's last season.

Movies are good for oneshots, but they don't prolong a series like an Anime can and they certainly can't replace an entire TV series altogether. The impressions movies create last about a month or two, but a 2 cour Anime stays for half a year.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 12:15   Link #103
tsunade666

but it's not like they will surely do Index III next year which is 2012. If they plan to do a movie next year then they will probably do Index III 2013. Plus the story is so long that it won't die that fast. The movies do good in terms of sales which is for one project with big hit and it also good in hooking other people into the story though it's the middle of the story and not good for new viewers. And NT won't come surely in the next 2 years. There's even a chance that it won't get animated but in terms of sales. RailIndex franchise is still the best selling ongoing series of JC staff and they knew how to milk out selling stories.
Old 2011-10-21, 12:25   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but it's not like they will surely do Index III next year which is 2012. If they plan to do a movie next year then they will probably do Index III 2013. Plus the story is so long that it won't die that fast. The movies do good in terms of sales which is for one project with big hit and it also good in hooking other people into the story though it's the middle of the story and not good for new viewers. And NT won't come surely in the next 2 years. There's even a chance that it won't get animated but in terms of sales. RailIndex franchise is still the best selling ongoing series of JC staff and they knew how to milk out selling stories.

Haruhi is also a best selling ongoing series, but years of no Animes has done some damage to it's popularity- Yeah sure the Light Novels are really strong in sales, but outside of that nobody really brings it up anymore.

Same with Index if we cut out the TV series the Light Novels won't be affected, but without an Anime to keep it current it would just fade into the background.

You might think popularity isn't important, but the truth is if it wasn't for popularity we might never get some crazy guy that translated the entire series.

Bah it's well passed my bed time, I'm calling this session.... zzzzzz
Old 2011-10-21, 13:19   Link #105
zaeraal

Anime in general
The breaks between seasons are popularity-killers for all popular anime.
That's one of the reasons why long run series are continuing to air even when they don't have any more material to adapt.

For adults, sure 2-3 years are not that much, but the kids for which the series are aimed change "every day".
What they liked this year, they will hate year later.

Ongiong seasons require the knowledge from previous seasons for people to understand the set universe.
And sadly most people won't search for previous seasons..

As for Index and Railgun:
Railgun does not have enough material to continue airing, at best (Item+accelfight) it has now for next 13 episodes, but that's all.
AND also it will not have enough material in 2012 (regardless of how much I want the Daihasei).
It will end up like the first season, half canon, half filler if they make it.

Index has enough material for another 1-2 full seasons, depends on how they adapt it.
For example a battle that is described in hundreds pages can be usually done in less than 10 minutes
(without the typical dragonball/bleach "enrapturing oneself with the scenery", monologues and out of place descriptions)

In my opinion, if they want to keep the fanbase, they should keep the breaks to less than half year between Toaru series.
(at the very least the Mikoto shippers will keep it alive)
But the best would be if they break the "fall only" airing..
Something like 2012 spring - Index 3, fall - Railgun 2, 2013 spring Index Movie, fall - Railgun 3, 2014 spring - Index4, fall - Railgun movie?, 2015...
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 13:53   Link #106
tsunade666

But if they set as fall as always for Index then the other series that is good won't be aired. As good as index is variety in choices is good. That's why no matter how forceful JC staff is they always do more than one series which I hate because they cut something always on the series.

So I still doubt that we will be getting Index III next year. But it will be good if it did have.
Old 2011-10-21, 15:24   Link #107
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why does everyone wants the WWIII arc as a movie? You do know we'll have to wait for more than a year before there's any subs right -_-; ? That's a full year for one cliffhanger...
I don't want it either, just saying it is a good chance for it to happen.

And for the Railgun part they could add railgun ss1 also if they manage to advance to that part in the timelime.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 18:13   Link #108
Flere821
Lurker

I wouldn't want the WW3 arc to be movie/s... so much will be cut out (if what happened to FSN UBW route one applies to other movies).

If they make WW3 a Index 4th season that'll be good; or at least make the pacing like that of Fate Zero (4 volumes in 25 episodes) and don't rush things.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 18:21   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
If they make WW3 a Index 4th season that'll be good; or at least make the pacing like that of Fate Zero (4 volumes in 25 episodes) and don't rush things.

The problem with 'don't rush things' is that it can get very draggy in pacing take for example Durarara, 3 volumes in 25 episodes and it took awhile to get to the juicy parts while near the end the pacing just drags on till the climax.

Plus I really don't think WWIII have 2 cours worth of materials.
Old 2011-10-21, 18:24   Link #110
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Lightbulb

Here are my guesses for the Index movie:
  1. The arc when Touma heads off to France and partners up with Itsuwa to stop Terra of the Left and the Document of Constantine.
  2. The battle royale arc with Accelerator, Group, and Kakine, Academy Citys' second strongest.
  3. The second side story drama arc including Touma and Misaka's father, Skill Out, Anti-Skill etc.

Or maybe the movie will be something original the author has planned but the fans just don't know yet. December is just around the corner so we'll definitely here some idea to what the movies plot will be about.
Old 2011-10-21, 18:56   Link #111
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Here are my guesses for the Index movie:
  1. The arc when Touma heads off to France and partners up with Itsuwa to stop Terra of the Left and the Document of Constantine.
  2. The battle royale arc with Accelerator, Group, and Kakine, Academy Citys' second strongest.
  3. The second side story drama arc including Touma and Misaka's father, Skill Out, Anti-Skill etc.
  1. Way to early in my opinion.
  2. See above point
  3. Seeing the SS to be animated would be cool but it would probably fit better with 1-2 ovas(or loads of short ones) rather than a movie.

From 14 to 22 is to much for a 24 season anime, but on the other hand just WWIII is to little unless they plan to jump straight into NT in the same anime or aim for a longer or shorter season finale. Hence why I think it is a candidate for the movie.

I'm rooting for a original story with Misaka clone 00 aka full tuning!
sól valtiva.
Old 2011-10-21, 19:07   Link #112
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Hey guys, I've found out who the movie's villain is:

I take it all back, this movie is going to be great!

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 19:19   Link #113
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Hey guys, I've found out who the movie's villain is:

Spoiler for big image!:

I take it all back, this movie is going to be great!
The revenge of the mistreated machines!
Fridge of the back
Mobile of the right
Washing machine of the front
Vending machine of the left
sól valtiva.
Old 2011-10-21, 21:39   Link #114
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovum View Post
From 14 to 22 is to much for a 24 season anime, but on the other hand just WWIII is to little unless they plan to jump straight into NT in the same anime or aim for a longer or shorter season finale. Hence why I think it is a candidate for the movie.
If they adapt 4 volumes from 19 to 22, it will enough for a 2 cours 4th season. Vol.14 to 18 can fit their contents on a 3rd one.

Quote:
Fridge of the back
Mobile of the right
WTF!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 23:31   Link #115
ellifeedn
Thinker

What if there was a "center" that would become a new enemy to defeat for the movie?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 06:13   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's been bothering me for some time now, but after one two weeks we still don't have a full image scan of the Index Movie article?
Old 2011-10-22, 09:35   Link #117
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's been bothering me for some time now, but after one two weeks we still don't have a full image scan of the Index Movie article?
I want vol.03 cover too.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 10:32   Link #118
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Fridge of the back
Mobile of the right
Crack fic incoming.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:44   Link #119
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What if there was a "center" that would become a new enemy to defeat for the movie?
the center would be god, and i think that migth be the last/second to last boss in the series.
Old 2011-10-23, 21:44   Link #120
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I want vol.03 cover too.
Don't need to worry about that- if it's true that NT3 would be in December, we'll be getting the cover illustration in two weeks time along with a complete synopsis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the center would be god, and i think that migth be the last/second to last boss in the series.
I would very much prefer to take this opportunity to explore other pagan religions, or other 20th century cults... I recalled there were a number of names mentioned during a class in Persona 3... You know, rather than focusing on Christianity again.