AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 17:58   Link #41
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

My friends girlfriend got ill today ad wasn't able to attend a Dara O'Brain (famous irish comedian youtube him) gig in town so he invited me to go instead of going alone and didn't charge me for the ticket.
Old 2012-04-16, 20:25   Link #42
lml99

Good things don't happen very often in my life.......and when they do, everyone but me seems to enjoy them..............including these posts.............
lml99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:16   Link #43
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

A true friend doesn't visit your grave after your die, but rather finds a way to force you to live to the next day.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:24   Link #44
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I suppose that's one way of looking at it.
Old 2012-04-17, 21:35   Link #45
Lost Cause

Music does it for me, here's a song that gets me through the week:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7q7eokryc&sns=em
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 05:54   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Auxillary Police Officer hit by taxi while helping car accident victims

Quote:
An auxiliary police officer from Certis Cisco was hit by a taxi and flung about 25 meters while trying to help victims of a traffic accident on Sunday.

According to a Cisco spokesperson, 41-year-old Nur Iskandar Magiar was on night shift with a supervisor when he witnessed a road accident unfold on the Bukit Timah Expressway. A trailer had skidded on the road and hit a car and a motorcycle, trapping two people underneath.

While his supervisor called up the command post, Nur Iskandar jumped into action to help the victims of the accident. He was trying to free two people who were caught under the trailer when a taxi hit him from behind.

The impact threw Nur Iskandar 25 meters away from the site of the accident.

He sustained spine injuries and was sent to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital for treatment, where he is currently recuperating.

According to the police, the taxi driver who hit Nur Iskandar did not see the officer “until it was too late”. The case is still under investigation and the taxi driver has not been charged.

However, the accident has not dented Nur Iskandar’s willingness to help those in need. “Of course [I would stop again]. It's part of our job to do that when we come across such accidents. We just won't know when we might get hurt,” he said.

He recounted his days as a National Serviceman in the Police, when he was “used to stopping to help out at accidents”.

According to Nur Iskandar, his wife and son have been understanding about the incident.

Said the father of a 14-year-old boy, “It's up to the individual whether he wants to help or not, but I do it because you don't know who might be in need - it might even be your own family member.”
AirAsia steward explains zany airline safety announcement

Quote:
Remember the AirAsia announcement clip that went viral recently? You know the one we're talking about - the hilarious video of the in-flight safety instruction which had airline passengers hooting in laughter.

Well, Yahoo! Malaysia spoke to Quinton Dinesh Thomas, the senior flight attendant in charge of the zany announcement and this is what he had to say.

"I have boarded many flights as a passenger or when i was a junior crew and realized that during the safety demo briefing, many passenger read books, sleep or just look outside the window instead of paying attention.

"I would rather have at least 90% of passengers - better 100% of them - listen, smile, laugh, enjoy the safety briefing, than to have 50% not paying attention at all," Thomas said.

Well, his announcement certainly got the attention of the denizens of cyberspace. The video of his announcement was put up on YouTube on April 12 and has already got over 339,000 views so far.

The posting resulted in dozens of comments as well as over 2,000 'likes'.

One commenter said this was the first time in 20 years he or she paid attention to an in-flight announcement.

Another called the announcement 'amazing' and said flight announcements - especially safety ones - should be done creatively and in an engaging manner.

"I can now easily recall the safety measures. You did a good thing by posting this video. I hope Air Asia acknowledges you, especially when the media picks up on this," said the person, whose login name was 'kevinrohanthomas'.

According to 'saymawa', the person who uploaded the video, the announcement was made during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Krabi, Thailand.

He added he was aware his job is on the line because of his deviation from the standard text announcements requested from the Department of Civil Aviation but said he wanted to do something to educate and entertain passengers while ensuring they got the safety message clearly.

"I never work for the money, I work because I enjoy what I do and I love my job,"said Thomas.

We think he deserves a round of applause for getting people to listen to him. What about you?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:46   Link #47
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Today, my cat climbed a tree and couldn't get down. I was distressed because it was going to rain soon. There was no one around to help me until suddenly, a stranger came to the rescue. He asked what was wrong, and I mumbled some things about my cat being stuck on the tree. He wordlessly just climbed the tree and got the cat down. I thanked him profusely and he just smiled shyly. What a kind stranger. I didn't expect a stranger to help, because they could have just feigned ignorance. Some ppl feel apprehensive about helping strangers because they are worried what kind of trouble they might get themselves involved in, and so it's much easier to just walk away rather than helping. In this era where people are becoming more competitive, cynical and individualistic, they might forget their social responsibility, as in their role as member of the society.The stranger to me, fulfils his role as member of the society.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-04-18 at 18:06.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:06   Link #48
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Something to inspire and warm the heart.

Going to get this thread back on track tomorrow!!
Old 2012-04-20, 13:19   Link #49
Aqua Knight

Finished Turkish fertilizers market overview.
Old 2012-04-23, 15:34   Link #50
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I pulled a prank on my lecturer today.

Old 2012-04-23, 15:36   Link #51
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I pulled a prank on my lecturer today.
Don't tease us like that! What did you do?

Endless "Edge of my seat" Soul
Old 2012-04-23, 16:13   Link #52
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Don't tease us like that! What did you do?

Endless "Edge of my seat" Soul
I pulled a prank by telling him that I will pull a prank on him so he had to watch out but I didn't.

Old 2012-04-27, 06:54   Link #53
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Old 2012-04-27, 07:11   Link #54
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

a positive moment a day..

Ok..actually it's hot here,good weather!

and you know..when the weather is good...girls start wear interesting clothes....and i can start to wear sleeveless t-shirt! for a boxer like me..is the best!

A positive moment a day!

Long live the summer!!!!!
Old 2012-04-27, 07:52   Link #55
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
^Soooo jelly, 19 F tonight, 70 F upcoming sunday... I need a new country
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:00   Link #56
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
^Soooo jelly, 19 F tonight, 70 F upcoming sunday... I need a new country
^ wow..is cold..where you live?
Old 2012-04-27, 08:04   Link #57
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
My Positive Moment Today

I spent my day playing shooting on an arcade then at noon, savor roasted chicken thigh with unlimited rice ( I ate 3 cups) and unlimited coke (3 glasses). Hmmmm.. and relaxed watching "jeepneys" passing down from up the mall where I'm sitting while checking my FB because of the free WIFI.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:16   Link #58
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
^ wow..is cold..where you live?
Kitchener, Canada. We're the furthest place in South Ontario from any body of water. Our temperature here fluctuates like mad. all the pipes and pavement cracking from too much thermal expansion/contraction.

What's going for me today is Guild wars 2 When i get home from work. and my work ends at 2:00 pm today (3 hours early)
Old 2012-04-27, 11:54   Link #59
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No where is safe from odd weather patterns. Here in California, its literally been switching from long, persisting rain to pure cloudless summer weather literally day by day.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:09   Link #60
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Definitely signs of Global PMSing