AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 01:44   Link #301
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Does anyone notice Ranka's eye color is similar to Macross Zero's Sara?
I 'ts not Quite Similar but. From Ozma Quote We know that Somehow there is Relation between Ranka and Dr. Mao oops Mao
Old 2008-06-13, 02:41   Link #302
Wesley84

You suppose Ranka suppresses every memory she has of Bresra? She keeps seeing the guy over and over again, but unless a harmonica happens to be playing nearby, there hasn't really been a change in her behavior. A normal person would be concerned or at least curious that they're being stalked by a mysterious person. A more assertive person would probably do something about it. Ranka though seems to have a 'deer-in-headlights' look every time he pops up or encounters a vague reference to him.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:09   Link #303
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You suppose Ranka suppresses every memory she has of Bresra? She keeps seeing the guy over and over again, but unless a harmonica happens to be playing nearby, there hasn't really been a change in her behavior. A normal person would be concerned or at least curious that they're being stalked by a mysterious person. A more assertive person would probably do something about it. Ranka though seems to have a 'deer-in-headlights' look every time he pops up or encounters a vague reference to him.
Yeah, it kind of bothers me a bit that we haven't seen a change in her behavior after her encounter with Beara in ep 8. It's like she found the only other person in the universe who knows her song and may be possibly linked to her past, but she acts like she just shrugs it off and moves on. I guess the big question is the team going to reveal to us anytime soon what the hell happened during her encounter in ep 8?
Old 2008-06-13, 20:04   Link #304
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
Sheryl's a celebrity, and Alto isn't one to kiss and tell.
But when Mikhail found out about it, he didn't deny.

Quote:
He'd just taken off Bobby's makeup. Had he gone to see Ranka with the makeup on, then you'd probably be right.
Alto was posing happily in the mirror but when Mikhail (again) asked him if he had a date, he went ahead and said it was nothing but a responsibility. He's such a liar.

Quote:
Alto definitely looked like he enjoyed the thought of having Ranka in the same class. Now they get to chat even more!
Yesh But he prefers the limitless texting because he's embarassed to be useful in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert
What he tells Ranka is what convinces himself. Ranka's song only adds impact to the scene. Ranka doesn't help him, she is only a cause for Alto thinks out of box.
So in a way unbeknownst to Ranka's awareness, she does help Alto. ^__^

Quote:
He only gets it when Sheryl tells him that he wants to fly because he is meant to fly.
And Klan Klan. Klan Klan was there too. Let us all give her credit for once. People keep ignoring her and just state that it was Sheryl who told Alto that he was meant to fly. Alto listened to Klan too :|

Quote:
Alto is fortunate to meet Ranka there, but he is not fortunate enough to meet Sheryl or his doubts can be solved immediately.
Spoken like a true Super Sheryl biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian
Yeah, it kind of bothers me a bit that we haven't seen a change in her behavior after her encounter with Beara in ep 8. It's like she found the only other person in the universe who knows her song and may be possibly linked to her past, but she acts like she just shrugs it off and moves on. I guess the big question is the team going to reveal to us anytime soon what the hell happened during her encounter in ep 8?
This has been eating me too. =__= I find the idea of Brera stepping out to show himself only to run away seriously lame. There has to be more and the only scene we were shown after that encounter was a mere flashback. If I were to take a guess of what happened next, I'd say the wind blew, Ranka got sand in her eyes, then when she opened them, Brera was gone. Either way, episode 14 may tell us.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:38   Link #305
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
But when Mikhail found out about it, he didn't deny.
That's because Michael told him from the outset that he knew. There's no point in covering up after you've been caught. Had Ranka simply said "Yeah, I knew that you were listening, since I saw you hanging out with Sheryl after I sang," then Alto could have explained that he was simply trying to recover something important that he had lost down Sheryl's shirt. But there's no point in volunteering such information if he thought that Ranka didn't know, to begin with.

Quote:
Alto was posing happily in the mirror but when Mikhail (again) asked him if he had a date, he went ahead and said it was nothing but a responsibility. He's such a liar.
Actually, Michael asked Alto if he should call Bobby again just after Alto finished cleaning up in front of the mirror. The talk about a date came afterwards, but he only used it as a pretext to dig up more dirt on the text message that he had secretly read when Alto was asleep.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:56   Link #306
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
That's because Michael told him from the outset that he knew. There's no point in covering up after you've been caught. Had Ranka simply said "Yeah, I knew that you were listening, since I saw you hanging out with Sheryl after I sang," then Alto could have explained that he was simply trying to recover something important that he had lost down Sheryl's shirt. But there's no point in volunteering such information if he thought that Ranka didn't know, to begin with.
Alto had a guilty face of a liar though.

Quote:
Actually, Michael asked Alto if he should call Bobby again just after Alto finished cleaning up in front of the mirror. The talk about a date came afterwards, but he only used it as a pretext to dig up more dirt on the text message that he had secretly read when Alto was asleep.
"Shall I call Lt. Bobby?" Mikhail said that because Alto was trying to look good in the mirror and he thought Bobby would be a great help again lol He was teasing, but Alto definitely wasn't cleaning himself up from the make-up. The guy was like an open book.
Old 2008-06-13, 21:14   Link #307
herbert

Quote:
So in a way unbeknownst to Ranka's awareness, she does help Alto. ^__^
Of course, this's the least I can give. By help I meant direct and deliberate help. Ranka is too full of her own problems to provide it(and also inable). My whole post was only for stating my interpretation of the scene with a little assumption that Sheryl can help more. A lot people can help, but Ranka is the one does the help. I don't deny this.

Quote:
And Klan Klan. Klan Klan was there too. Let us all give her credit for once. People keep ignoring her and just state that it was Sheryl who told Alto that he was meant to fly. Alto listened to Klan too :|
Screw me, how could I forget Klan Klan. Forgetting Klan Klan is just like agreeing Maka is best with Soul not Chrona(Soul Eater).

Blue VF-25 for Sheryl; Klan Klan for Sheryl; pineapple salad for Mikhail.

For the sake of yuri, Mikhail must die.

Quote:
Spoken like a true Super Sheryl biased
I'm honored.

Quote:
Better than Ranka who didn't have a guilty face but a hurt one after taking advantage of asymmetric information on Alto.
Old 2008-06-14, 02:50   Link #308
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:

"Shall I call Lt. Bobby?" Mikhail said that because Alto was trying to look good in the mirror and he thought Bobby would be a great help again lol He was teasing, but Alto definitely wasn't cleaning himself up from the make-up. The guy was like an open book.
Men are guilty of not divulging information to women that doesn't need to be brought out. Unless you tell us you already know, we aren't likely to tell you everything.

Not to mention, what a guy tells another guy(especially his friends) is far more open and less censored, than what we would tell women(even our wives and girlfriends).

So I think you're reading too much into Alto's little lie to Ranka about him and Sheryl.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:17   Link #309
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Men are guilty of not divulging information to women that doesn't need to be brought out. Unless you tell us you already know, we aren't likely to tell you everything.

Not to mention, what a guy tells another guy(especially his friends) is far more open and less censored, than what we would tell women(even our wives and girlfriends).

So I think you're reading too much into Alto's little lie to Ranka about him and Sheryl.

LOL! Actually this is somewhat true as I had experienced it first hand with a few of my past boyfriends.

It's evident that Ranka doesn't have much experience with the opposite sex so that's probably why she was affected by it.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-24, 08:44   Link #310
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ lone_wolf

The same thing could be said about Alto. He grew up in a kabuki stage, so probably he doesn't know how to act around girls that much either.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2008-06-24, 09:02   Link #311
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
@ lone_wolf

The same thing could be said about Alto. He grew up in a kabuki stage, so probably he doesn't know how to act around girls that much either.
HA!~

Yeah, while Alto doesn't know how to act 'around' girls, he knows perfectly well how to act as one!

Which btw, may just be a bit convenient in the near future.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-24, 09:04   Link #312
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

We all know Alto hime is the most beautiful woman on Frontier.

Old 2008-06-24, 11:36   Link #313
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
We all know Alto hime is the most beautiful woman on Frontier.
Even the women of Frontier think he's the most beautiful.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:22   Link #314
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Different protocols when you speak to the opposite sex. Especially in Japanese culture, the women are brought up to be more timid and submissive.

The men traditionally keep their conversation away from females. Women in Japan are not to question or confront males directly about a subject. You see this a lot in animes and Japanese TV shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
It's evident that Ranka doesn't have much experience with the opposite sex so that's probably why she was affected by it.
She's reading too much, just like most females. Altoh doesn't want her to know that she's been involved with Sheryl a lot, he's afraid she might get the wrong idea. Of course Altoh does care how she feels.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:34   Link #315
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The men traditionally keep their conversation away from females. Women in Japan are not to question or confront males directly about a subject. You see this a lot in animes and Japanese TV shows.
I don't know what gave you that idea, because its just not the case anymore. TV shows, occasionally maybe, but anime? Forget it. Women butt in in anime all the time.

Not to mention real life. Real life Japanese girls are friggin scary, ok. I know, trust me on this. I'd hate to see you get burned.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-24, 21:40   Link #316
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Women in Japan are not to question or confront males directly about a subject. You see this a lot in animes and Japanese TV shows.

LOL! you haven't been to Japan recently.

Things have indeed changed. Especially within the 20 and 30 something female crowd in Japan. Especially in places like Shibuya, Shinkuku and Ikebukuro...and their keigo level has gone way down.

They are still a bit far from completely adapting to western mannerisms but they're damn close...especially those Shibuya gals. The Bozosoku Garu, Banba are pretty nasty in attitude.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-24, 21:47   Link #317
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post

They are still a bit far from completely adapting to western mannerisms but they're damn close...especially those Shibuya gals. The Bozosoku Garu, Banba are pretty nasty in attitude.
I honestly think those folks are really a class of their own. Western mannerisms are fine, they are predictable and can be coped with. Those girls on the other hand. . . . .

Just don't get on their bad side, no matter how innocent they look, especially the innocent ones. Upon seeing one, always turn to the opposite direction and run.

Or at least these behaviors apply to folks in TOKYO & OSAKA, one of the two big cities. Anywhere else is fine, even Kyoto.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-24, 21:52   Link #318
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I honestly think those folks are really a class of their own. Western mannerisms are fine, they are predictable and can be coped with. Those girls on the other hand. . . . .

Just don't get on their bad side, no matter how innocent they look, especially the innocent ones. Upon seeing one, always turn to the opposite direction and run.

Or at least these behaviors apply to folks in TOKYO & OSAKA, one of the two big cities. Anywhere else is fine, even Kyoto.

- Tak
LOL, there was one ramen shop where a group of Banba sat across from my group...it was jarring. We tried to avoid eye-contact. And they're decibal level was deafining that the manager told them to leave....they were not too happy about that but they complied thankfully.

yeah...I totally know what you mean.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-25, 01:09   Link #319
Wesley84

So...if you find a "quiet" Japanese girl, is there a better than 50/50 chance of them not really being...?
Old 2008-06-28, 03:08   Link #320
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Most probably I guess? @.@;;

Closed Thread