AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-01, 11:52   Link #1041
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Jirou and Setsuno's attacks were awessome, but so was Joa's attack.

Did Jirou mean that only once you've eaten Acacia's full course can you have complete control over your gourmet cells? So only Acacia and Frohze are known to have eaten the full course. Joa certainly seems like Frohze, but according to Setsuno the thing she transformed into was different from what she knew Frohze as. Either it an imposter or Frohze really did change.

So i guess Toriko is currently recovering thanks to Komatsu. Him being in Starjun's hands isn't good. Though him being caught by Joa is worse. So Starjun knew about there presence that early, very interesting. Don't know if it was stated before, but Joa confirmed that Starjun was number 2 in terms of power.
Old 2013-08-01, 12:26   Link #1042
Battler-kun

I have my problems with accepting Starjun being number 2 in terms of power.

Zebra is stronger than Toriko and would win against Starjun.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 12:52   Link #1043
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
I have my problems with accepting Starjun being number 2 in terms of power.

Zebra is stronger than Toriko and would win against Starjun.
He would? Starjun was toying with Toriko the whole time just like Tommyrod did during the Ice Hell arc. Even in the end he still didn't release his strenght at its full. If he fought against Zebra who is the strongest of the kings you can be sure he would have gone all out from the get go. But Zebra isn't stronger, Starjun would obliterate him, and we're going to see next week why.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 16:04   Link #1044
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for Last chapter:
Old 2013-08-01, 16:43   Link #1045
hamazura
whatever

wut? Starjun is #2? Just second to midora? Lolwut that level of power is just weak in toriko world why he #2? I kinda hoping he is just #10 or anything so we can see more many crazy people
Old 2013-08-01, 16:50   Link #1046
Homura7

Starjun is #2 in the Bishokukai, below Midora.

And also below Ichiryuu, Setsuno, Jirou, Joa, etc.
Old 2013-08-01, 16:59   Link #1047
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

We have yet to see Starjun go all out though, so he may not be that far below we believe.
Old 2013-08-01, 22:16   Link #1048
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

As it mentioned before Starjun didn't even got serious during his battle againist Toriko but Toriko's suprise attacks gave him fatal wounds just like a huge hole in his stomatch right now (well Toriko's last attack was just out of his control and anger). I also suprised that Joa is not Frohze. He is kind of Joker guy as his outer appearance suggest. I also don't think this thing is female at all so he is imposter joker guy who steals the power of others. I wonder if he has kind of skill where he eats gourmet cells and he gains the same powers the one he has eaten from. Anyways If Starjun gets serious in the next chapter then we will see that the whole island they are currently standing will be nuked for sure lol.

Also what the hell? Komatsu is like a princess of this series. He is so valuable and like rare item. What a "food luck" he has if you know what I mean ^^''
Old 2013-08-01, 23:09   Link #1049
Meltyred

Komatsu, why did they make you a guy...
It feels so wrong, having so many guys go after him...
It's feels just very wrong.

Well at least, I can just enjoy the food... oh wait we haven't seen a single one in ages.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 23:18   Link #1050
hamazura
whatever

this is shounen-ai romance harem manga focused on komatsu right?
i dont want super chef in other manga like azuma, souma, and mao go crossover with this series, the foodgasm reaction would be irresistable
Old 2013-08-02, 00:14   Link #1051
marvelB

Like I've been saying all along, the Toriko cast is practically Komatsu's harem at this point!

Anyway, I'm a bit unclear about Starjun's rank in the Bishokukai. Joa says that he's the no. 2, but is that among the sous chefs, or in the whole Bishokukai, period? If it's the latter, I'm not sure if I'm very happy about that revelation. IMO, it sorta feels like that would undermine all those other guys from Midora's inner circle like Alfaro, Kuromado, Niceny, etc. I mean, I get that Star is Toriko's arch-rival and all, but still.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 08:27   Link #1052
Homura7

Nah, I don't think it would undermine them at all. Let's just say for example that if Starjun is 100, then Alfaro and anyone above him in rank is 99 or 98.

Granted his hype is well deserved after all the hints that were thrown upon us about Starjun being far more strong that people thought at first.
Old 2013-08-02, 22:10   Link #1053
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I just noticed that Joa isn't after Komatsu but if you guys remember he was after the recipe book that Komatsu found in Gourment Pyramid. So he wants that book rather than Komatsu himself but on the other hand Starjun wants to make a profit from Komatsu's food luck and his chief skill so he also doesn't want to hand him over so things will be awesome in the next chapter.
Old 2013-08-02, 23:42   Link #1054
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Komatsu doesn't have the book anymore though, it was confiscated by the IGO.
Old 2013-08-03, 08:47   Link #1055
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Oh is that so? But still again even though he gave that book to IGO Joa still doesn't know if he gave it to IGO or not so I still think that he is after that book.
Old 2013-08-03, 09:11   Link #1056
animeisinteresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
It was? When?
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 09:47   Link #1057
Homura7

Just to clarify, the book is still in Komatsu's hands, it wasn't confiscated. Or else how Joa would have find out if not through his double-agents in the IGO.
Old 2013-08-03, 10:54   Link #1058
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Just to clarify, the book is still in Komatsu's hands, it wasn't confiscated. Or else how Joa would have find out if not through his double-agents in the IGO.
Exactly I also don't remember or in which chapter IGO confistated his book. I hope Komatsu get to decipher the content of the book as soon as possible. Since it seems like a recipes from gourment world and Nitro's it is indeed a really valuable item but no one except Joa and some big shots knows how valuable this book it is. Also mangaka should slow down a bit because he is going a bit too fast with the storyline. The setting and everything of this manga is awesome and I hope he makes best use of it.
Old 2013-08-03, 10:57   Link #1059
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Maybe I misremembered, I thought they confiscated it along with the Nitro.
Old 2013-08-03, 12:33   Link #1060
hamazura
whatever

there are a ton of things they should explore in gourmet world, see moar digimooooon.
they should explore it even longer than human world, coz gourmet world is super big and have unlimited potential for the story. kind of waste if plot go too fast... and now bishokukai has down to 1 people, only midora (2 if starjun count)
i hope division zero, the chef traitor things or whatever i forgot why the hell they betray setsuno and friend and frohze organization or even acacia will be next villain...

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen