AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-16, 10:00   Link #61
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I am surprised they skipped it, but it could be worse. It is a pity since we lose a reveal about
Spoiler:

For those that complain about how over-the-top the arc may be with a dangerous suitor to the new bride attempting all kinds of dangerous things, I'd like to direct you to some similar cut content.
Spoiler:

Of course, while this shows that similar things have happened, they've been cut for content at the same time, so I wouldn't be surprised if this has a lot of changes too.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 15:39   Link #62
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I am surprised they skipped it, but it could be worse. It is a pity since we lose a reveal about
Spoiler:

For those that complain about how over-the-top the arc may be with a dangerous suitor to the new bride attempting all kinds of dangerous things, I'd like to direct you to some similar cut content.
Spoiler:

Of course, while this shows that similar things have happened, they've been cut for content at the same time, so I wouldn't be surprised if this has a lot of changes too.
I agree about the 1st spoiler.
Old 2023-05-22, 12:47   Link #63
BWTraveller
Born to ship

They may have cut and shifted a few things here, but they kept more than I expected. I was kind of surprised that they kept Touya shooting the prince (though if I remember right in the novel he actually pinned him to the ground and shot his hand).

There were a few points though. For one thing, I'm pretty sure what was said wasn't that Zabune bought the slave girl from a Sandorian slave trader, but rather he bought the collar (and a fair number of extras) from the trader, implying the girl was just one of many local girls he'd had fun with. As for cuts...
Spoiler:
Old 2023-05-22, 15:18   Link #64
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

The Western Alliance is definitely missing one member from the skipped Rammish arc. All countries close to Touya joined first and now it starts to expand with the addition of Lihnea. This will just get bigger and bigger later on.

There was suppose to be a battle maid that was guarding Cloud's mother and stopped Touya a bit before reaching the room since Touya only targeted soldiers with his wide Paralyze spell. She was a maid after all. Doesn't matter that much if the maid was removed.

They also skipped that he did a DNA test in Flora's Alchemy lab to be absolutely sure about that queen and the prime minister having Zabun as their son. It's positive of course. And this was where
Spoiler:

And Touya is like Dom Toretto. Mention harming his family and he gets triggered. He actually shot both Zabun's legs but that would be too violent for this show.
I still don't like Sue as a fiance. Bratty lolis are terrible.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 15:35   Link #65
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Spoiler:
That's actually the minimum only.
Spoiler:
Old 2023-05-22, 23:22   Link #66
Frontier

The last straw for Touya was finding out this prince was planning to use Sue as a bargaining chip. Not on his watch !

I love how Touya gets approval to do something from the other kings but they leave all the actual work to him .

Is that Jun Fukushima as Zabune? He sure does know how to play slime balls. If it’s not abusing his brother, it’s keeping a girl enslaved. What trash. His mom isn’t much better .

Elze and Yae ready to stand up to anyone besmirching their man !

So not only attempted regicide but passing off the child of an affair between the queen and the prime minister as the true prince? This situation just keeps getting worse and worse .

Touya just porting over and telling the king everything was priceless, and then we get a great scene of the king denouncing everything and putting Cloud where he rightfully belongs on the throne. The traitors can live out the rest of their lives as slaves .

All’s well that ends well, up to and including Sue officially joining Touya’s brides .
Old 2023-05-26, 21:20   Link #67
Strahan

It's kind of funny that Touya still acts surprised when he takes over a new Babylon "module" and the admin kisses him. This is number four; you'd think by now he'd be prepared for that. I was expecting they were going to use the bird recon to fast travel to the isle where the ruins were. Maybe regular animals are too dumb to be able to provide "mental GPS", though they seemed to be smart enough to understand the mission. If you could draw that mental GPS from animals, that'd be super useful.

The part with the ether ore was kinda dumb on his part also. The smartphone display was showing a continental scale, and there were only six hits. I won't even think about how silly his whole smartphone schtick is, with it able to detect ores like that on a global scale but since God gave him the phone I can be satisfied by the divinity effect lol. Anyway, the admin chick warned him that the product she will make from it will be inferior, so if you know there are only six large deposits, no way would I waste half of one on that. He's waited this long, I'd give the bird network a little more time.

I suppose the looming threat of more powerful phrase incursions may make it valuable to move quickly, but he didn't even ask about how much operational productivity will be earned by her subpar "gas". If it makes one frame operate for a few minutes or something, that'd suck.

Why do Japanese love mecha so much anyway? I guess I can't understand as it's never been of much interest to me. The only mecha show I actually watched was Dangaioh, it just never appealed to me. Wait, I did watch Heroman. I suppose that's mecha. Mecha doesn't just mean piloted stuff, right? Robots in general? One of the things I think is stupid about mecha is how they use swords. If you have a massive robot, why a melee weapon? If you must use a melee weapon, I'd much prefer a hammer. Edged weapons going against metal armor doesn't seem that useful, I'd rather have a large concussive force heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
He actually shot both Zabun's legs but that would be too violent for this show.
I still don't like Sue as a fiance. Bratty lolis are terrible.
Too bad they don't want violence, it would make much more sense. The whole idea of not executing people who conspired to kill the king is insane. Yea, one could argue that a life of slavery is worse but I still wouldn't feel secure having Wardack alive. He has intimate knowledge of your nation and loose ends can end badly.

Touya's whole "I want to resolve this without violence" is so staggeringly stupid. I can chalk that up to youthful naivety, but I'd have thought an experienced politician like Koupe would have intervened. He at least should know better.

I agree with not liking Sue as a fiancé. The bratty loli part doesn't really bother me that much, but the whole "let's throw on wife 2,019 for no real reason" is just weird. It's so blasé.

Oh one other thought I had during the end scene was that it's interesting how everyone just buys right into Touya's projection evidence. You'd think people would be like WTF is that? and think it may be faked or something. They're very trusting of stuff they've never seen before, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-26, 22:12   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
It's kind of funny that Touya still acts surprised when he takes over a new Babylon "module" and the admin kisses him. This is number four; you'd think by now he'd be prepared for that. I was expecting they were going to use the bird recon to fast travel to the isle where the ruins were. Maybe regular animals are too dumb to be able to provide "mental GPS", though they seemed to be smart enough to understand the mission. If you could draw that mental GPS from animals, that'd be super useful.

The part with the ether ore was kinda dumb on his part also. The smartphone display was showing a continental scale, and there were only six hits. I won't even think about how silly his whole smartphone schtick is, with it able to detect ores like that on a global scale but since God gave him the phone I can be satisfied by the divinity effect lol. Anyway, the admin chick warned him that the product she will make from it will be inferior, so if you know there are only six large deposits, no way would I waste half of one on that. He's waited this long, I'd give the bird network a little more time.

I suppose the looming threat of more powerful phrase incursions may make it valuable to move quickly, but he didn't even ask about how much operational productivity will be earned by her subpar "gas". If it makes one frame operate for a few minutes or something, that'd suck.

Why do Japanese love mecha so much anyway? I guess I can't understand as it's never been of much interest to me. The only mecha show I actually watched was Dangaioh, it just never appealed to me. Wait, I did watch Heroman. I suppose that's mecha. Mecha doesn't just mean piloted stuff, right? Robots in general? One of the things I think is stupid about mecha is how they use swords. If you have a massive robot, why a melee weapon? If you must use a melee weapon, I'd much prefer a hammer. Edged weapons going against metal armor doesn't seem that useful, I'd rather have a large concussive force heh.

Too bad they don't want violence, it would make much more sense. The whole idea of not executing people who conspired to kill the king is insane. Yea, one could argue that a life of slavery is worse but I still wouldn't feel secure having Wardack alive. He has intimate knowledge of your nation and loose ends can end badly.

Touya's whole "I want to resolve this without violence" is so staggeringly stupid. I can chalk that up to youthful naivety, but I'd have thought an experienced politician like Koupe would have intervened. He at least should know better.

I agree with not liking Sue as a fiancé. The bratty loli part doesn't really bother me that much, but the whole "let's throw on wife 2,019 for no real reason" is just weird. It's so blasé.

Oh one other thought I had during the end scene was that it's interesting how everyone just buys right into Touya's projection evidence. You'd think people would be like WTF is that? and think it may be faked or something. They're very trusting of stuff they've never seen before, heh.
I'm biased since I'm a big Mecha fan, but it's one of the most quintessential anime genre's and usually involves Giant Robots .
Old 2023-05-27, 01:46   Link #69
Lex79

Quote:
There is only one thing that really matters when you talk about giant mechas and that's rule of cool. Giant swords are cool and so mechas use swords. Some exceptions could be made if you really prefer giant screwdrivers and hammers (Gaogaigar) or a drill that can pierce the heavens (Gurren Lagann). Of course, a distinction could be made between super robots and real robots but that would risk leading to a lengthy OT discussion.
Needless to say, I'm a huge mecha fan and I was really happy when frame gears were introduced into the story.

Last edited by Lex79; 2023-05-27 at 14:34.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-27, 11:24   Link #70
BWTraveller
Born to ship

And bear in mind, there are some huge franchises in the West too that are basically built on "big robot fight cool". It's far from just a Japan thing. If anything, I'd say it's more popular in Japan because of anime. Big robots don't move so well in live action without huge investments, and even then it can be hard to really make it cool. In animation, you have tons more freedom to make things move as smoothly and beautifully and badass as you want. So, in a place where animation is accepted by many as a worthy medium in its own right, the cost is greatly reduced and all you have left is, as Lex said, pure unadulterated Rule of Cool.
Old 2023-05-28, 22:45   Link #71
Strahan

Yea, animated definitely makes it easier. It'd be nice if the western world was more accepting of animation; it's much cheaper than live action so you could get more stuff done. I have a lot of book series I'd love to be able to watch, and animation would make it more practical.

Anyway, I guess the whole mecha thing just never really clicked with me. Swords are cool, but I guess I can't mentally get past the illogical nature of using an edged melee weapon against a robot
Old 2023-05-29, 13:15   Link #72
Frontier

It's nice to see Lyon and Olga finally getting hitched! Olga looks lovely in her wedding dress! It's enough to make the entire Harem think of themselves on their Wedding Day, complete with dresses, and they all look amazing. Although Yumina is self-aware enough to think it might not just be six weddings, especially when another wife finally shows up in this episode .

It does kind of feel like Touya has been spending less personal time with the girls as he's been off from one thing to another, so what better way to make up for it than a group date! Complete with all the girls in new casual wear! I love how all the girls are dressed up like they're going on a date while Yae is wearing a hoodie and sweatpants .

You know you're in a Harem when the girls play rock-paper-scissors to figure out the order in which they get to hold onto your arm and then also easily beat up any thugs who interrupt your date .

Oh yeah, they totally forgot about Sue. I mean, she just joined! But she gets to get her own day with just Touya, which seems fair .

The Frame Gear is finally finished! And Touya's Harem keeps getting in the way of him actually getting to pilot it! He never should've left Yae go first .

So we've got Frame Gear...anti-Phrase weaponry...feels like if the Phrase do invade, it probably won't be that big a problem .

Although Touya does stumble into a Phrase attack on a village while searching for an Orichalcum Golem and manages to make short work of them with his anti-Phrase sword. And in doing so he ends up saving the blonde lady knight from the OP/ED who turns out to be Hildegarde, the first princess of the Lestia Kingdom. As if Touya's Harem didn't have enough princesses !

If Touya saving her from the Phrase wasn't enough, proving himself in battle and giving her some anti-Phrase swords definitely earned Hildegarde's gratefulness. Looking forward to seeing when she officially becomes one of his wives .

But turning onto serious matters...what's with this eviscerated girl !?
Old 2023-05-29, 15:27   Link #73
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's nice to see Lyon and Olga finally getting hitched! Olga looks lovely in her wedding dress! It's enough to make the entire Harem think of themselves on their Wedding Day, complete with dresses, and they all look amazing. Although Yumina is self-aware enough to think it might not just be six weddings, especially when another wife finally shows up in this episode .

It does kind of feel like Touya has been spending less personal time with the girls as he's been off from one thing to another, so what better way to make up for it than a group date! Complete with all the girls in new casual wear! I love how all the girls are dressed up like they're going on a date while Yae is wearing a hoodie and sweatpants .

You know you're in a Harem when the girls play rock-paper-scissors to figure out the order in which they get to hold onto your arm and then also easily beat up any thugs who interrupt your date .

Oh yeah, they totally forgot about Sue. I mean, she just joined! But she gets to get her own day with just Touya, which seems fair .

The Frame Gear is finally finished! And Touya's Harem keeps getting in the way of him actually getting to pilot it! He never should've left Yae go first .

So we've got Frame Gear...anti-Phrase weaponry...feels like if the Phrase do invade, it probably won't be that big a problem .

Although Touya does stumble into a Phrase attack on a village while searching for an Orichalcum Golem and manages to make short work of them with his anti-Phrase sword. And in doing so he ends up saving the blonde lady knight from the OP/ED who turns out to be Hildegarde, the first princess of the Lestia Kingdom. As if Touya's Harem didn't have enough princesses !

If Touya saving her from the Phrase wasn't enough, proving himself in battle and giving her some anti-Phrase swords definitely earned Hildegarde's gratefulness. Looking forward to seeing when she officially becomes one of his wives .

But turning onto serious matters...what's with this eviscerated girl !?
Spoiler for Info about the girl at the end.:
Old 2023-05-29, 15:48   Link #74
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Pity they ran through the bandits so extremely fast. It was funny how all of the girls simultaneously reacted with simple consternation and beat the crap out of them purely as punishment for interrupting their romantic date. They could've just ignored them or somehow demonstrated that they were out of their league, but they were so irritated at finally getting a date only for it to be interrupted that they decided instead to extract thorough compensation.
Old 2023-05-29, 21:22   Link #75
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

The order was changed. Touya found the half-dead girl first before rescuing the princess Hildegard. Guess finding the girl makes for a better episode ending. Though they did skip another part where Touya actually used the Frame Gear in battle and got promoted as a gold-rank adventurer. He's the 2nd one in the world. The first one was the grandfather of the knight princess Hildegard. Touya used the adventurer card to verify his claim as Touya the adventurer/duke of Brunhild to her since she knows what the gold card looks like from her grandfather and it became well known the duke of Brunhild became a gold rank adventurer. Also he gave her 3 swords for the grandfather, the father/current king and for her.

A bit of a copout though that there were no casualties in that Phrase attack because there were in the Lestian knights and people. Phrases are meant to slaughter people since like Ende explained, human heartbeats hide the sound of the Phrase Sovereign that they're looking for so they kill people to lessen the sound. Again, maybe too violent for this show. If the finale of the season is what I assume it will be, it will be a big stretch to do that again. Then again, it's really possible that they will really say it's all fine.
Old 2023-05-31, 00:48   Link #76
Lex79

Toyua, if you really want to keep the number of your wives at six, putting aside the fact that you evidently haven't paid enough attention to the opening and ending of your own series, gifting a cool phrasium sword to the beautiful princess knight you just saved isn't the best way to accomplish that.
Old 2023-05-31, 22:33   Link #77
Strahan

Would've been funny if one of the shopkeepers was like "dude, you were just in here yesterday with a bunch of girls, now you're here today with yet another? What a player..." lol
Old 2023-06-05, 14:00   Link #78
Frontier

Good to know that Touya and the medical ward can repair any injury and actually recreate limbs. Why, they could even recreate Touya's dick if they had to! Though they can't rebuild memories, leaving our amnesiac elf-like girl without a name or any idea how she ended up like that. Oh, and it looks like she's the final wife .

With that pink hair, cherry blossoms fit Sakura to a T as Touya gives her a new name! And she seems to like it (and Touya) already. And she also has a beautiful singing voice, especially with surprise piano accompaniment by Touya. Seems like she's gravitating towards joining the Harem already .

I guess if Touya has nothing better to do and he needs money to keep his Mecha's going, he may as well just hunt down a petrifying Catoblepas and save some people .

Kind of sucks that the Catoblepas' mystic eyes effect each other so they have to really work around that during sex. Then again, maybe I shouldn't think about that .

Why not make it a hunting trip with the wives? Complete with upgrades to their arsenal with anti-Phrase weapons! They really look good on the girls .

Touya and Linze sharing an intimate moment in the sky as he saves her with Fly! Nothing like soaring in the air while pressed close together !

Poor Lu. Turns out the Catoblepas' petrifying actually dissolves material so Lu's clothes get shredded from her tights to her underwear. Good think the girls are on the ball to try and keep Touya's attention away while they help Lu with her wardrobe malfunction .

I guess if the eyes are the problem...just blur them out !

I love how the kings are all just palling around having fun fighting each other with Mechas. Seems like Touya's endgame is giving everybody Frame Gear before the Phrase invade .

Hilde seems to be still thinking of Touya...and her grandfather is thinking they might need more of those swords and Brunhild's resources...do I sense some political matchmaking in Hilde's future ?
Old 2023-06-05, 15:12   Link #79
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I swear this season of Smartphone was made to piss me off. They skip all the important stuff for the Catoblepas side story.

Spoiler for All the important stuff they skipped during the season.:
Old 2023-06-05, 19:12   Link #80
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Wow, an interlude chapter of volume 6 just for the panty joke got adapted instead of other big stuff that was skipped. Glad this show knows its priorities.
Also, there's the mention of the former King of Lestia as a high ranking adventurer known as gold rank but we skipped how Touya became one as well and the 2nd one at that, hence him getting a hard quest endorsed by the guild. Such leaps in story beats from a rush job. No elf guild master too since they skipped the promotion part. She should be the one delivering the quest in this episode. And guessing from the ending, they will move that forward so that Hilde will be in the finale. Is there even time for buildup for the finale though? It'll be a rush job anyways so ehh.

Tags
adventure, comedy