AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-09, 12:19   Link #21
Srin Tuar
無謀

[QUOTE=Kayess][QUOTE=Shay]
But what I'm trying to get at is this…There is so much going on in "Naruto That it really doesn’t have to be named Naruto, and because of it’s name the average watcher almost instantly know Naruto is going to win every life threatening fight he ever has.
Quote:

Naruto lost to Orochimaru in the forest.
Naruto lost to the shark guy... whose name escapes me at the moment..

Spoiler:

And all of these fights are VERY life threatening... but something happens to save him.

Naruto is strong.. and determined.. that is why he does not lose often.
He beat kiba.
He beat gaara and neji. (back to back no less)

Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 13:58   Link #22
brixna

Send a message via MSN to brixna
there are good reasons for kishimoto to chosse that name:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
My guesses:
1) He just took out the name of a random one.
2) He decided on "Naruto" as the title right after figuring out the concept.
3) The series was more focused on Naruto at first, but figured that too much focus on him would turn boring after a while.
4) He had planned MANY arcs before publishing the manga, and found out that Naruto is the one that appears on all, or most of the missions.
but actually, now that the story developed and concerns a lot more charas than just naruto, i think another title would be more appropriate...

Ninja - any cool sounding word - or something like that... Simple and effective ^^
brixna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 15:46   Link #23
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by brixna
there are good reasons for kishimoto to chosse that name:

but actually, now that the story developed and concerns a lot more charas than just naruto, i think another title would be more appropriate...

Ninja - any cool sounding word - or something like that... Simple and effective ^^

Since the story is about NARUTO and his quest to become Hokage.... I am pretty sure it should be named Naruto.

If you think about it, all of these major side stories with other characters being developed... that ALL relate to Naruto.

In closing. The series named "Naruto" is named CORRECTLY because it is about a character named Naruto and his quest through life.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 16:22   Link #24
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
No it shouldn't be called something else. It's called Naruto because he is the main point in the story, and because it is supposed to present the fact that he will more thne likely always win the meaningfull fights. Thats the whole reason Kishimoto called the series that. Plus Naruto himself has that main character vibe: he's the underdog, he failed as a child and now he is proving himself to the world. The perfect superhero, if you will. There are many great anime/mangas where the main figure is the same as the animes/mangas name itself. Like GTO, Great Teacher Onizuka, great anime, probabbly one of the funniest I've seen. The main caharacters name is Eikich Onizuka.
However, there are plenty of other anime and manga that have an obvious main character but are not named after them. The first example that comes to mind is One Piece. Full Metal Alchemist manages to refer to its main character without actually naming them. Even Kishimoto's biggest influence, Dragon Ball, was not named after its main character...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 16:26   Link #25
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
I think that Naruto is a good name for the anime, BUT I don't think it's the only name that would be good. I SERIOUSLY do not want the name to be changed right now, in the middle of the series (if that was what you were implying), but I wouldn't mind if it was called "The Way of the Ninjas" (In Japanese of course) or "Shinobi's of Konoha" or some other crap. But Naruto is a nice name.
After reading the series, so far, it could easily have been called "Fight!" That's also a one word title...
Old 2004-11-09, 16:41   Link #26
naantje
Annoyance :)

Gekito Ninja Taisen... ?
Old 2004-11-09, 16:56   Link #27
truesayian

Send a message via AIM to truesayian
How about Da next HOKAGE

or Narutoball z
truesayian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 18:34   Link #28
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke.ExE
Well i dont, i mean naruto is always gonna win, he will always be the best and the funny character how can a chracter have all that in one I think they went too far in making naruto too strong. GOD! for a genin to do kage bushin no jutsu under water and make all of them do rasengan come don't you think thats going too far for a genin, thats like jounnin level if you think about it, naruto cant have that much chakra and he wasn't even using that nine tails fox thing kybii what ever u call it.But naruto will never lose, he will always be the best and i dont like that.

Look at dragonball z goku is the main chracter but at least he got batter up real good and it wasn't him killing everyone at least other dbz chracters had there roles it just wasn't goku all the time.

Naruto anime should not be called naruto cause it makes the other chracters in the anime feel worthless if naruto is gonna win all the time.
I agree, I really do like Naruto's character, but lately he's been becoming a Mary-Sue. He's been slowly becoming the basic, perfect lead character, which is very annoying. I knew he wouldn't win the fight with Sasuke, it's basic story line for his character type, he loses only to come back even stronger and easily win. I would have loved to see the fight go a completely different direction. I would loved to have seen Naruto lose controll do to emotion, letting the fox demon take full control, causing Sasuke to come to his scences and see what his blind hatred has caused to happen to a close friend. Showing a less perfect side to Naruto, proving he sometimes needs to be saved. It would have been better than this, "I lost, now let's go get super powerful." direction.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 22:33   Link #29
wendal
8th Hokage

Send a message via MSN to wendal Send a message via Yahoo to wendal
Quote:
Naruto does not win every life threatening fight. He just got lucky that person decided not to kill him in the end.

Spoiler:

I think that Naruto is a good name for the anime, BUT I don't think it's the only name that would be good. I SERIOUSLY do not want the name to be changed right now, in the middle of the series (if that was what you were implying), but I wouldn't mind if it was called "The Way of the Ninjas" (In Japanese of course) or "Shinobi's of Konoha" or some other crap. But Naruto is a nice name.

And by the way, it's pretty obvious the main character is Naruto.
yes i think "THE WAY OF THE NINJA" is a great name, they should change it
wendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 23:56   Link #30
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
I agree, I really do like Naruto's character, but lately he's been becoming a Mary-Sue. He's been slowly becoming the basic, perfect lead character, which is very annoying. I knew he wouldn't win the fight with Sasuke, it's basic story line for his character type, he loses only to come back even stronger and easily win. I would have loved to see the fight go a completely different direction. I would loved to have seen Naruto lose controll do to emotion, letting the fox demon take full control, causing Sasuke to come to his scences and see what his blind hatred has caused to happen to a close friend. Showing a less perfect side to Naruto, proving he sometimes needs to be saved. It would have been better than this, "I lost, now let's go get super powerful." direction.
Mary-Sue? *cracks up*...so now Naruto's a girl? Uh nevermind...if you think about it. It's Gary-Stu by the way.

I don't know about Naruto winning...because then it would defeat the purpose...besides, I like Sasuke to be a badass.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 00:42   Link #31
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
After reading the series, so far, it could easily have been called "Fight!" That's also a one word title...
Ummm... Ok, but that's a crappy name that's way too generic.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 00:45   Link #32
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushi-san
My guesses:

1) He just took out the name of a random one.
2) He decided on "Naruto" as the title right after figuring out the concept.
3) The series was more focused on Naruto at first, but figured that too much focus on him would turn boring after a while.
4) He had planned MANY arcs before publishing the manga, and found out that Naruto is the one that appears on all, or most of the missions.
Actually, Kishimoto decided on Naruto being the main character of his series even before Naruto was going to be about Ninjas.
Old 2004-11-10, 00:49   Link #33
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesayian
How about Da next HOKAGE

or Narutoball z

Narutoball Z!
Old 2004-11-10, 02:07   Link #34
netyello
RCT - Rice Like Wo_OAH

Send a message via AIM to netyello Send a message via MSN to netyello Send a message via Yahoo to netyello
I am going to take a philisophical jab at this so hopefully I get it right. I think it was name Naruto because of the meaning, not the person. People who posted on other topics said naruto was a whirlpool or swirl or whatnot. Lets take whirlpool for example. A whirlpool is a phenomenom of nature that affects all of it's surroundings, pulling it towards its center. Basically, thats what Naruto does, he affects everyone he ever comes across, pulling them to him and changing them in a way only Naruto can. Well, that's what I think anyways so don't mind my babblin and ramblings hehehe.
netyello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 02:17   Link #35
Vong

I think it should be called something else... like Konoha...

The fact that it's called Naruto limits where the story can go since Naruto must be a part of every storyline. If it was more focused on the village as a whole then it gives the author more freedom to go elsewhere. Strangely though, that seems to be where he's headed with recent sidestories and stuff...

So yeah, it shouldn't be called Naruto. Call it Legendary Three or anything else...
Vong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:56   Link #36
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
Im sure that next year Narumon Z is coming...

Everyone gets some kind of monster inside of them, and when they call them out they get...Red hair. Yeah, red. And glowing eyes. Then the monsters battle, and then can "evovle" into stronger forms...

Go Kyuubi Super Form 2!

Go Shukaku Super Form 3!
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 12:43   Link #37
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Team 7? Konoha Chronicles? Ohwell Naruto is fine I guess, eventhough I would like to see more of other groups besides Team 7.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 14:33   Link #38
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Ummm... Ok, but that's a crappy name that's way too generic.
What, you mean like Bleach, Berserk, or Touch?
Old 2004-11-10, 18:09   Link #39
aznpunk97

how about "Ninja Power!" or "The way of the ninja" or "Enter the ninja".... or "Ninja Z"

if the word ninja is way to generic, the i guess the show should stick with naruto.
aznpunk97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 18:18   Link #40
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
What, you mean like Bleach, Berserk, or Touch?
Bleach - what other bleaches are there? Washing detergent? That's not generic.
Berserk - that's an awesome name.
Touch - never heard of this, but sounds good.

Fight! - WTF?! There's an exclamation mark in it, and it sounds like an overused verb.