Notices

Old 2014-03-20, 10:12   Link #61
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Chief Director: Yoshiyuki Tomino

Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida

Mecha Design: Akira Yasuda, Ippei Gyobu, Kimitoshi Yamane

Design Works: Shigeto Koyama, Kinu Nishimura, Gouda Cheese (Bengus), Pablo Uchida, Takumi Sakura, Ayumi Kurashima

Color Design: Nobuko Mizuta

Art Design: Tomoaki Okada

Music: Yugo Kanno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Reconguista !? Did they make a typo here?
when I created this thread I was like "Recongu....Recongu...is that really a g there not q?"

oh well I guess there is meaning in this. same happens with Reguilt Century -> Rebuilt Century which make sense consider it taken place after UC. hint Rebuild phase after war
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:17   Link #62
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Hmm...Not feeling the character, mecha designs and the animation yet....might need to hear more of this
Old 2014-03-20, 10:35   Link #63
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

No more pacifism BS and main character not annoying like Kio is all I needed.
Old 2014-03-20, 11:07   Link #64
Galaxian

Uhm... *Insert Eureka 7 joke here*

Sorry, just got off work and I'm a bit tired...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:09   Link #65
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Hmm, a new Gundam series from the man himself. I'm excited that it,s somewhat related to Eureka Seven, but I wish Reconguista of G will be aired right after Build Fighters, like April 7.

Still, I wonder if this series will encompass all past Gundam shows (even Sunrise shows like Code Geass, VOTOMS, and L-Gaim) like Turn-A? I was thinking of G-Reco to have the main character travel various worlds, but I guess Gundam EXA got it all covered (Sunrise should have adapted that manga series for Spring 2014).
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:23   Link #66
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
No more pacifism BS and main character not annoying like Kio is all I needed.
agree with you

this pacifist bs crap that ruined several series for me already it must end

Last edited by Scorpiopt; 2014-03-20 at 18:08.
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:45   Link #67
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
^I hope it'll be more like Astral Ocean.
Actually even Astral Ocean was terrible...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:47   Link #68
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I personally liked AO... Except for the ending.
Old 2014-03-20, 11:55   Link #69
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well the role of gundam is to fight for peace. As stupid as that sounds, the end of war is usually peace, no matter how uneasy it may be. I do agree though, speaking of pacifism as you ride the most advanced weapon of your era in the middle of a battlefield is pretty twisted. That and disabling your opponents' suits in space, headless, armless, legless, thrusterless and rendering their mothership the same is more cruel than kind.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:37   Link #70
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
well Gundam is a war drama, the pacifism could depend on the individual unless you are basically a superman Ghandi like a certain SEED messiah,

trying to create a peaceful world also has a huge price to pay that may also be in the form of countless lives, innocent or guilty & as well drawbacks & bad side effects even during peaceful times, because reality is sometimes a double edged sword that will stab you back HARD, well the peace itself may not last long enough too as long there are problems in reality that we have to deal with by soaking our hands in blood, hate will always exist
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:42   Link #71
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Astral Ocean is actually quite fun overall. But like many others think, it has questionable few episodes prior to the finale leading up to a facepalm-worthy ending. But I still prefer AO than the likes of Aquarion EVOL and Guilty Crown. Those two are beyond bad in terms of story & characterization imo (too bad since those two are such visual feasts). I might even go further by saying I prefer AO than VVV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
That and disabling your opponents' suits in space, headless, armless, legless, thrusterless and rendering their mothership the same is more cruel than kind.
Are you saying that destroying the MS's cockpit and crushing/vaporizing the pilot to death is less cruel than only destroying the MS's limbs & weapons and allowing the pilot to live to be rescued later? In the middle of a fierce battle, what Kira did to many of his opponents is indeed kind given the situation.
Old 2014-03-20, 12:47   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It doesn't need to be exactly like Astral Ocean but I do hope this new series departs from the typical "Two superpowers in direct war" and opts for a more grounded take on modern day politics, like Astral Ocean.

Hopefully nothing like Gundam 00 though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:49   Link #73
Death Usagi
Banned

I liked Astral Ocean too, but the story headed in a totally weird way...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:54   Link #74
Helius

The protagonist looks like a psycho, that's all I got from the trailer.

The rest is "meh"...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:03   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It doesn't need to be exactly like Astral Ocean but I do hope this new series departs from the typical "Two superpowers in direct war" and opts for a more grounded take on modern day politics, like Astral Ocean.

Hopefully nothing like Gundam 00 though...
Ironically, I think 00 is what you’ll get if you’re to cross Gundam with AO's take on modern day politics .
Old 2014-03-20, 13:07   Link #76
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
The protagonist looks like a psycho, that's all I got from the trailer.

The rest is "meh"...
I think of that main character having drug abuse issues... I don't know?

Anyways, let's hope that Tomino won't tank G-Reco down the drain. I mean, he's the man behind the Gundam series, and we have high regards to him despite its flaws.

Still, I wish G-Reco should air it in Spring, not in Fall. On the other hand, will it have 50 episodes?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:13   Link #77
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Are you saying that destroying the MS's cockpit and crushing/vaporizing the pilot to death is less cruel than only destroying the MS's limbs & weapons and allowing the pilot to live to be rescued later?
well Crossbone Gundam has shown us that even leaving your enemies to live & getting rescued by their friends later has its consequences, that is they got executed by their own "friends" that rescued them in the name of absolute order of the rules they have to live by, that is punish to those who humiliate their own people,

it could be worse like the immobile MS, MA, or a Ship can't be detected by their respective allies, particularly drifting in the vacuum of space, leaving them to slowly die painfully due to the replenishing of their life support oxygen, food, & water supply or getting captured, held captive by the opposing faction to be imprisoned or totured or just brutally executed again

even units with a life support ejection system does not help either, particularly during in the middle of battle, while trying to escape your disabled unit, you might just get in the line of a crossfire, ripping apart your defenseless body in the process whether its by an enemy or by your own friend by accident, a friendly fire,

Kira Yamato's actions is still questionable of its usage in the battlefield to me.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:24   Link #78
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Kira Yamato's actions is still questionable of its usage in the battlefield to me.......
They have repeatedly said that Kira targets primarely weapons and cameras, not the thrusters of MS.
Old 2014-03-20, 13:28   Link #79
Blaat

Quick first impression: the typo in the name annoys me reconquista is with a q not a g, the character design constantly reminding me of E7 AO is pissing me off as I don't want to be reminded of that series thank you very much and the mecha design looks fine. I'm also rather suspicious of the main character constantly smiling, it gives me 'he's brainwashed' kind of vibe.

But one thing I'm not sure what to think of is Tomino to returning to do a Gundam series, Turn A is a fine last original Gundam works so there is no real need to do another, maybe he needs the cash or maybe he's addicted to making anime. Any word why he wants to make another Gundam series?
Old 2014-03-20, 13:30   Link #80
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
well Crossbone Gundam has shown us that even leaving your enemies to live & getting rescued by their friends later has its consequences, that is they got executed by their own "friends" that rescued them in the name of absolute order of the rules they have to live by, that is punish to those who humiliate their own people,

it could be worse like the immobile MS, MA, or a Ship can't be detected by their respective allies, particularly drifting in the vacuum of space, leaving them to slowly die painfully due to the replenishing of their life support oxygen, food, & water supply or getting captured, held captive by the opposing faction to be imprisoned or totured or just brutally executed again

even units with a life support ejection system does not help either, particularly during in the middle of battle, while trying to escape your disabled unit, you might just get in the line of a crossfire, ripping apart your defenseless body in the process whether its by an enemy or by your own friend by accident, a friendly fire,

Obviously, I wasn’t talking about long term. Like I said, during a fierce battle, giving your opponents a moment to live and a chance to survive is indeed a kind thing to do no matter what will happen to them afterwards. After that, of course people like Kira won’t be responsible for his opponents' well being (contrary to what many people believe, he's not an omnipotent Jesus ). To survive the next moment, It’s up to those pilots’ effort (how much they want to survive) and dumb luck after people like Kira & Kio granted them survival chance. Anything can happen to those pilots after the MSs being disabled, just like how anything can happen to anyone in the middle of a war (disabled or not).