AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-07-20, 11:12   Link #601
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Well, to me it seems that her powers have the potential to be so much more powerful... but she's always holding back because electricity can kill people easily and she never seems to demonstrate more than just a couple of innovative ways to use her powers.

By 'limiters', I would say... going berserk and doing everything she can to overwhelm her opponents?
She has already reached her limit. Her fight against Accelerator and Touma show her limits. More for Accelerator though since she wanted to kill him. She already hit that wall that Kamachi calls the parameter list.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:32   Link #602
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
She could be a loli Magneto.
Or a loli Zeus.

Quote:
Well, to me it seems that her powers have the potential to be so much more powerful... but she's always holding back because electricity can kill people easily and she never seems to demonstrate more than just a couple of innovative ways to use her powers.

By 'limiters', I would say... going berserk and doing everything she can to overwhelm her opponents?
Which leads me to this question:

"Will Misaka Mikoto become an Artificial Angel, as well?"
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 21:44   Link #603
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Or a loli Zeus.
There are really too many deities that uses Lightning.

Every damn culture has a powerful God or Goddess that uses Lightning, the Greeks or Norses aren't unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Which leads me to this question:

"Will Misaka Mikoto become an Artificial Angel, as well?"
Sigh, don't go there, you'll stir up a storm with the guys here... Some people can get very emotional touchy-feelly with this topic.

And the answer is probably no; technically Accelerator isn't an Angel either, it's just people being dramatic.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 22:35   Link #604
Miraluka
Banned

For the thunder we already have the god Thor for that matter, there is even a real Odin out there in this series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 00:34   Link #605
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

No she won't become an angel because her powers already hit their limit. She can use her powers for many things but her power hit a wall. She is only a mid tier in power anyway.
Old 2011-07-22, 01:34   Link #606
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
^This is stuff I found. The thing about Izzard is something someone pointed out.
So, you actually think that Stiyl, who actually tries to make Touma's life worst with absolutely every time he can, was going to tell Kamijou something to make him feel better?

Heck, in fact if Touma's actions would have killed Aureolus he might have congratulated him on taking his first step outside naivety.
Old 2011-07-22, 04:34   Link #607
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
So, you actually think that Stiyl, who actually tries to make Touma's life worst with absolutely every time he can, was going to tell Kamijou something to make him feel better?

Heck, in fact if Touma's actions would have killed Aureolus he might have congratulated him on taking his first step outside naivety.
Moreover, I doubt Stiyl would have kept quiet of such an ability of Touma.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 05:01   Link #608
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post

she did go all out against accelerator, as well as the aim burst

there's a reason she's the 3rd level 5, she's nowhere near the top 2...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 05:16   Link #609
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
she did go all out against accelerator, as well as the aim burst

there's a reason she's the 3rd level 5, she's nowhere near the top 2...
As the joke goes....

Acceleartor >>>>> Impregnable Wall >>>>> Kakine Teitoku >>>>> Impregnable Wall >>>>> Misaka Mikoto >>>>> Rest of the Level 5
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 10:33   Link #610
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

^Gunha has repeatedly been hinted to be the actual Number Three in terms of power, so heck who knows; he might be able to fight Kakine if he even comes back from the fridge.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 11:14   Link #611
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
^Gunha has repeatedly been hinted to be the actual Number Three in terms of power, so heck who knows; he might be able to fight Kakine if he even comes back from the fridge.
But their is problem on those two. Gunha doesn't know his real strength just like what Olrelus? know sure on his spelling name that if he knew his strength he might have beaten him and his the magic god/majin for crying out loud and you knew what that might mean. A hax character

As for Kakine... well she finally manage to understand his real strength in the middle of the battle with Accel but his too slow he got curbstomp while day dreaming of how strong he become and turn into meat in the fridge.
Old 2011-07-22, 12:07   Link #612
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I thought it was Mugino who was the real level 3.
Old 2011-07-22, 16:31   Link #613
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I thought it was Mugino who was the real level 3.
She's the one who revealed Level 5's rankings did not equal power; it's the esper's usefulness in reaching SYSTEM.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 16:49   Link #614
Inept Forum User

Question

Two questions regarding AIM Entities.

They are comprised of various AIM fields - does this allow them to use the powers of the individuals who emitted those fields to begin with (but with no active mental link to the persons in question as was the case with AIM Burst)?

Also, if an individual had a link to an AIM entity, am I correct in thinking that they'd be able to tap it's power to a certain degree (if I remember correctly, Aleister's omnipresence is related to Aiwass)?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 18:11   Link #615
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
They are comprised of various AIM fields - does this allow them to use the powers of the individuals who emitted those fields to begin with (but with no active mental link to the persons in question as was the case with AIM Burst)?
No. It's like we are made of flesh and bones, yet we have no control over Flesh and bones as a whole.

Quote:
Also, if an individual had a link to an AIM entity, am I correct in thinking that they'd be able to tap it's power to a certain degree (if I remember correctly, Aleister's omnipresence is related to Aiwass)?
Does this question come from the Level Upper network? That case was special since it was strictly designed to "borrow" conscious data (not AIM) from the users, thus AIM Burst could use the "borrowed data" from the users since the whole network was designed for that purpose.

It's different for Kazakiri and Aiwass, they have "no control" over the powers that construct them, they "only" have abilities of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Gunha has repeatedly been hinted to be the actual Number Three in terms of power
No. It's only been hinted that Gunha wouldn't be the 7th (last) one if the ranks were about powers.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:13   Link #616
judasmartel
*Author

Anyway, guys, now that Index 3 or Railgun 2 hasn't been releases yet, any hints on the 6th level 5?
Old 2011-07-22, 19:25   Link #617
tsunade666

none, not even a clue or a word about him/her. The 6th level 5 is a complete blank info.
Old 2011-07-22, 19:26   Link #618
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Although it's a popular theory that the 6th is Pierce Aogami. He's a member of the baka trio and the other two members of it are special.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 19:43   Link #619
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Although it's a popular theory that the 6th is Pierce Aogami. He's a member of the baka trio and the other two members of it are special.
Figures. I also heard of that theory years ago, and I am hopeful that Pierce would actually be Level Five #6.
Old 2011-07-22, 20:10   Link #620
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Aogami Pierce since you can't trust anyone with closed eyes.

Ex. Xelloss and Gin.

Tags
hard science