AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-25, 10:33   Link #41
marvelB

I still find it amusing that so many people are questioning Zoro's reluctance to slice apart Monet. Again, he probably shares similar sentiments as Sanji when it comes to fighting women (but just not on the same level.... after all, at Whiskey Peak we saw him take on Ms. Monday (who was admittedly pretty butch) and knocked out that one bounty hunter disguised as a nun). I don't really see a reason to look so deeply into it.....

As far as his apparent team-up with Tashigi goes, my guess is that he'll block/parry Monet's deadlier attacks while Tashigi actually lands the damaging blows (she's a haki user herself now, after all). Or who knows, maybe Marimo get off his high horse and actually disembowel the snow-bitch at the last minute!
Old 2012-10-25, 11:00   Link #42
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Zoro likes Monet? :3

She looks like his mother? :>

Has Zoro ever fought any other female's seriously?
Old 2012-10-25, 11:03   Link #43
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
zoro didn't attack because Monet will become the new crew member!
sounds good to me. In the first half of grandline, having a flying-logia crew would be overkill. But now in new world, we stumbled upon new logia user and strong haki user every few chapter, so flying-logia isn't that threatening anyway.

She seems to be a bit psychopath though..
Old 2012-10-25, 12:07   Link #44
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
I imagine Zoro having all the types of haki but I wonder now. Perhaps the next crew member will be the first mate? Man thats tough to swallow.

What are you talking about we already have a first mate.
Old 2012-10-25, 18:00   Link #45
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Probably over reacting here.. But..

Uh why is Zoro not fighting? Was he told not to or is it his philosophy?

I imagine Zoro having all the types of haki but I wonder now. Perhaps the next crew member will be the first mate? Man thats tough to swallow.
Zoro is the first mate...thats just as obvious as the fact that Luffy wears a straw hat
Old 2012-10-25, 18:22   Link #46
bonsobon

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the fact that Tashigi's level of haki was sufficient enough to land a hit on the logia user Monet yet it was unable to do anything against Law. I thought more would be made of that, but maybe that's just me.

Also does anyone know what happened to Franky? He hasn't been seen for quite a few chapters now.
Old 2012-10-25, 18:37   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
I'm suprised no one has mentioned the fact that Tashigi's level of haki was sufficient enough to land a hit on the logia user Monet yet it was unable to do anything against Law. I thought more would be made of that, but maybe that's just me.

Probably because Monet is most likely weaker than Law (who can ALSO use haki, remember). That, and his power just seems plain trickier to fight against compared to the more straightforward snow powers. But in the end I guess it's just necessary to witness more of the fight before we get a better measure of Tashigi's strength....
Old 2012-10-25, 19:55   Link #48
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Using Haki to pierce an Ability User's defenses is rather basic. That's its basic perk, after all. Defending against an Ability User's attack seems slightly harder. However, when the opponent (such as Law) starts using Haki as well, things become complicated.

We haven't seen Monet use Haki or something that might be Haki yet.
Old 2012-10-25, 20:31   Link #49
Meloria

Perhaps Zoro is playing it safe during combat against Monet, especially her being a logia, by remaining defensive for now as to get a better understanding of the enemy he's dealing with before throwing off attacks and prevent himself from falling into a bad situation he could have avoided. This could be a result from all his training and getting more serious with the New World, to lower the risks in receiving the kind of damage he was taking pre-skip.

Although I do have a feeling this is probably not the case either and I'm looking into it too much.
Old 2012-10-25, 21:17   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While I'm not sure whether this is the case, if it's because he cannot harm a woman, it wouldn't be completely out of character. Still though I'm going to wait for the answer rather than just assume.
Old 2012-10-25, 22:17   Link #51
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
zoro didn't attack because Monet will become the new crew member!
Yeah from some reason, that could be true. All the Japanese Forums somehow gotten wind or maybe Oda did something to indicate the next member happens to be female. Its all a rumor, but it have taken rise in Japan however.
Old 2012-10-25, 23:53   Link #52
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
We haven't seen Monet use Haki or something that might be Haki yet.
The first clash they have has black on both of their swords. Monet has COA Haki.
Old 2012-10-26, 00:56   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
What are you talking about we already have a first mate.
Quote:
Zoro is the first mate...thats just as obvious as the fact that Luffy wears a straw hat
whether it's obvious or not, as long as oda doesn't confirm it, the straw hats doesn't have a first mate. whitebeard didn't have a first mate either, he had division commanders instead. there is no rule that every pirate captain should have a first mate. we've already had this argument before so i'm just going to end it here.
Old 2012-10-26, 04:50   Link #54
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

But... Zoro does everything a first mate should do.
Old 2012-10-26, 06:49   Link #55
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i am just hoping this is the time Tashigi is Shine.

anyway

Old 2012-10-26, 07:14   Link #56
yakumo-chan

Quote:
But... Zoro does everything a first mate should do.
yeah he is the one who sacrificed from the KUma attack,
he is also the one who decided not to bring back Ussop unless he apologizes
Old 2012-10-26, 07:47   Link #57
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Plus, you know, he is LITERALLY the first mate.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:01   Link #58
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Plus, you know, he is LITERALLY the first mate.
he is the first crew mate, not the first mate. the first mate is the captain's right hand man, his most trusted subordinate. although zoro could easily slip into the role, some could argue that sanji could also fill that spot, or even usopp, or nami.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:04   Link #59
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well...technically none of the Strawhats have ever stated who their firstmate is...while Zoro fits the role better than most, the position has never been assigned to him.

Personally I like to view the Strawhats as everyone having equal standing, everyone has a job but nobody's above the other aside from Luffy...technically.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:20   Link #60
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i am just hoping this is the time Tashigi is Shine.

anyway

Me too want to see what she can do with a one sword style because she has no unique style.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion