AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 03:26   Link #41061
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Armored Core is quite viable for in-arena combat scenarios, since most of the IS simply skate around.
Old 2013-03-31, 03:39   Link #41062
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Though I think IS flight patterrns are too erratic for Ace Combat jets
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:05   Link #41063
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm referring to the ranged combat section. Ace Combat Jets are far more agile than real life counterpart, and I'm not even talking about the superfighters. Nerfed missile notwithstanding.

Additional notes could be taken from Macross Plus movie.

The melee one however, is a lot murkier, possibly you need to mix gundam and dragonball. Or Nanoha.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:27   Link #41064
DarkJak2050

You guys seem to be having fun here.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 04:29   Link #41065
demino_hellsin
That one guy

err... if one equates fun with finding the right physics model for IS which is practically impossible to get a 80% match at least. Then yeah
Old 2013-03-31, 04:36   Link #41066
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Rectonning quite a number of stuffs, particularly another Rep Candidate who resides in Class Two aside from Lingyin herself.

Speaking of Class Two:
Spoiler for New Classmate:
Old 2013-03-31, 04:43   Link #41067
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Rectonning quite a number of stuffs, particularly another Rep Candidate who resides in Class Two aside from Lingyin herself.

Speaking of Class Two:
Spoiler for New Classmate:
So I'm taking that Kirin's the possible rep?
Old 2013-03-31, 04:45   Link #41068
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Her status is made known in the same chapter she's introduced, so yeah.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:46   Link #41069
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Jak
Trying to salvage what little fun from headache and stress is the way of writing a fiction, original or otherwise

So what I can do for you?

@ Stratos
So the room is close to Ichika's

oh wait... assuming 10XX meant the first floor... nope, too far.

@ Demi
I always though that I.S. in flight mode are lighter than air (overcoming gravity), hence odd maneuver and why brute force is needed to reach high speed, too little inertia and too much drag.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:49   Link #41070
DarkJak2050

Just be glad that you can write your fic...

I watched G.I. Joe Retaliation as an attempt to relax or get some ideas for my fic, but it really didn't do anything for me...

But one thing's for sure, I've decided to scrap Gears of Phantom (Gears of War 3 and Sword Art Online crossover). I just simply can't find a way to fit them both together.
Old 2013-03-31, 04:57   Link #41071
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
So the room is close to Ichika's

oh wait... assuming 10XX meant the first floor... nope, too far.
Exactly! We don't know how the rooms' numbers actually denotes their location, if they actually do that is.

Also drafting this part:
Spoiler for Lingyin:

@Jak

Though I did say I'll be taking a hiatus, I never lifted my attention from Athena. I have a feeling that if I do, it'll sink again like before... One fic at a time, so to say.

Though that does not excuse bunnies from popping out all over my mind from time to time.
Old 2013-03-31, 05:07   Link #41072
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@jak: still trying to straighten out my brain as to how I want to approach the fourzeXIS. I really want to get that idea out before I continue cake eater. So no, I'm not doing well on my fic since I'm stuck trying to imagine cool fightscenes without Gentarou getting power-ups. 2.5 tons of punching force and 6.5 tons of kicking force won't really register to an IS. So he'd be spamming his 40 weapons all over the place just to scrape by. >.>

@zero: I think it's somewhat of a levitation mechanism mixed in with the anti-grav that lessens the unit weight so I doubt they are lighter than air. Though it is true that the lack of inertia and effect of drag requires them to burn thrusters more, I don't think they are paper light. If anything I'd imagine a giant baseball @_@ with its own laws of physics.
Old 2013-03-31, 05:34   Link #41073
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Exactly! We don't know how the rooms' numbers actually denotes their location, if they actually do that is.

Also drafting this part:
Spoiler for Lingyin:

@Jak

Though I did say I'll be taking a hiatus, I never lifted my attention from Athena. I have a feeling that if I do, it'll sink again like before... One fic at a time, so to say.

Though that does not excuse bunnies from popping out all over my mind from time to time.
I don't know what'll happen if you pit Lingyin and Tsurugi against each other, but from what I can tell, it won't be pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
still trying to straighten out my brain as to how I want to approach the fourzeXIS. I really want to get that idea out before I continue cake eater. So no, I'm not doing well on my fic since I'm stuck trying to imagine cool fightscenes without Gentarou getting power-ups. 2.5 tons of punching force and 6.5 tons of kicking force won't really register to an IS. So he'd be spamming his 40 weapons all over the place just to scrape by. >.>
Ever thought of having him being methodical?

Anyway, guys. I have another scene in mind, but I don't know if I should post it here or not...

Let alone, any other scene that I might think of.

And I'm left alone again...
Old 2013-03-31, 05:38   Link #41074
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well you can leave the scene here, it's not going to run away. ^^
Old 2013-03-31, 05:41   Link #41075
DarkJak2050

Yeah, and then it'll be flat out ignored like spam in your e-mail box...
Old 2013-03-31, 05:48   Link #41076
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@jak: only blitz commented on Kyokugen if that makes you feel better. and he's rarely here at all . About Genta, he's a punk brawler. Methods aren't his strongest suit. So I was thinking of giving him a coach like he does in the series. Someone who drops hints and ideas to him as to how best tackle the current situation. Hmmm, then again I'm worried about lack of impact. But eventually I want to tie in the canon cast and Gentarou's powers. Just wondering how to implement it.
Old 2013-03-31, 05:56   Link #41077
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And I'm not any luckier. Though I wouldn't really blame people for ignoring mine since it's practically an OC-heavy AU fic so most of the characters are of my own.

Then again, this upcoming arc would involve ISA scenes more frequently.

Side note: Can one execute a missing-man formation with just two aircrafts?
Old 2013-03-31, 06:00   Link #41078
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I am not familiar with the term. I'm currently not helping with anyone because for some reason my brain is not in a comprehending mood. It's bouncing all over the place.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:05   Link #41079
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I can't find any way to do that, really.

Missing man formation is done by four flyers, with one split away as a metaphor for being KIA, result in three flyers.

Likewise, two KIA, two flyers separating away, and so on...
Old 2013-03-31, 06:09   Link #41080
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Beast Wars somehow managed with three for Dinobot's funeral. But I guess two's just pushing it... I remember it being said somewhere that Lingyin threatened someone just to get the Class Rep title, is that canon?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest