AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-15, 17:14   Link #1941
Wandering Soul

Hikayu really drew the short stick as far as creators go. The dude is a real creep.
Old 2017-07-15, 17:51   Link #1942
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You know for some reason I think that ability of Altair's to foresee stuff was the MCs idea
And by my guess its not giving her as much accurate information as she thinks it does.

And well the Eroge writer is a creep.
Wonder what ability he will give her - To show her panties even more? (watch the episode to get the reference)
I seriously wouldn't hold it against any of the characters if they switched sides to Altair now

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 17:52   Link #1943
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Well, her special ability is showing panties and seducing men
LMAO best line ever
I wonder if there is a mocking attempt toward dating sim game by Hiroe and staff game behind the inclusion of Hikayu and making the creator damn fugly.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 00:15   Link #1944
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hey, I'll happily admit that was a strong showing by her this episode (I guess she has the previous owner of her appartment stashed in the cupboard instead of the fridge ), but I still think that Meteora would outwit her by not being drawn into the two-lies trap like Yuuya was.
that could be the worst battle of anime history, exposition character vs troll talking, both battling a never ending battle of discuss and argue, omg the terror of imagining this happening hurting my brains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
LMAO best line ever
I wonder if there is a mocking attempt toward dating sim game by Hiroe and staff game behind the inclusion of Hikayu and making the creator damn fugly.
honestly i feel like he really described like 70 to 90% of the ecchi hard core writers, not only erogue games but also LN and manga writers, i aways had a feelings which guys which write series like to love ru and others too harcore borderline hentai ecchi could be really like that dude, some loner virgin or almost virgin looser, or soo 2d focused guy which his only desire is strip pants from 2d girls.

i really, really feel like they where a bunch of perv guys with "woman issues"(even the married ones like "cheating due to too much working and not giving attention to womans), i can be biased and wrong but honestly that aways was my tought toward it.
Old 2017-07-16, 04:29   Link #1945
Ultragunner

"Protagonists like you, your motives are too simple"
BRUHHHH

hahahahaha
Old 2017-07-16, 05:54   Link #1946
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I find it incredibly funny that Hikayu feels like everyone's invaded her privacy. It also doesn't help that the game she's from was originally an eroge. So, not only does everyone know about her, but the people who've played the eroge also know what she looks like naked.

I feel so bad for her. Her creator's such a creep, it's fricken cringy to watch. (But I can understand where he's coming from. I'm pretty sure she's what his ideal woman is supposed to be and seeing her in reality would make you act as such... still cringy to watch tho. )

"Her special ability is... showing her panties and seducing men." Breh!! I almost keeled over from laughing so hard.

Ironic that Sho, the protagonist of his story is on the antagonists' side of the conflict whereas it's the opposite for Yuya. Blitz roasted him good by low key calling him simple tho.

Fanservice and Magane should never be in the same sentence. EVER. It just felt wrong tbh...

Not gonna lie, I felt so proud seeing Alice actually being able to talk with Magane at a level showing that she at least grasps how Magane's thought-process works. She's come a long way from being totally naive and taking everything at face value. Those confrontations with Meteora and her creator really paid off.

Alice's creator dropped a huge hint as well. He implied that it may be possible for a character to evolve beyond their initial character description. The possibility that she may do something that contrasts her knight setting is proof enough that while these characters are fictional, they can still feel(become) real/human because they aren't being restricted to what their creators wrote/envisioned them to be. i.e. They're able to achieve change without interference from their creator. (In this case, the change is only applied to personality/characteristics instead of power/abilities since we already know that the author needs the approval of the consumer for the latter change to take effect).

Also, gotta give credit where credit's due. You were absolutely right with your speculation @magnuskn. Meteora was updated via the crossover with Selesia's story.

Why!! Why do they keep teasing us with Sota's idea? It's kinda eating at me now and I won't be able to get it off my mind until it's revealed. Gonna make a wild guess here, but I'm gonna say that the foresight power Altair just got, has something to do with Sota's idea.

Lastly, Altair's relationship with Blitz is complicated (I didn't expect them to have this much of a bond/understanding. It honestly surprised me), but it does tell me that she does want someone she can lean and depend on. That's more or less how I interpreted it and I'm pretty sure that the person who'll save her is Sota since it'd be his way of getting redemption for turning his back on Setsuna when she needed saving. It also tells me that the last boss is going to be Magane. This episode gave it away.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 06:12   Link #1947
Tenzen12

Nah Magane is small scale evil and she wouldn't like it any other way. In other hand Altair situation doesn't changed bit. Having symphatetic final boss is much better than absolute monster.
Old 2017-07-16, 06:47   Link #1948
James Rye

If that poor girl sees the x-rated game of hers or all those doujinshis made about her, she's gonna drop dead of embarrassment. But she's really adorable when she's upset, so it's okay.^^
I wonder how that fandisk will fare and what it will be about, if her special power has anything to do with showing her panties each time I will pity that poor girl so much. xD

Looks like things are proceeding fine on both sides, each side is powering up, though the creators can't control what powers Altair will gain in the meantime. Her being able to "predict" the actions or at least watch what their shields are doing in this new power of her is quite useful already.
Old 2017-07-16, 06:52   Link #1949
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

In the fandisk, she shows her panties and seduces women. She uses her newfound powers on Altair and Magane, problem solved.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 08:13   Link #1950
zztop

Recap manga Ep 14:
http://imgur.com/Wqgi9Wc

Meteora secretly wished she could transform into Sexy Meteora and upstage Yuuya.

Just realized Ohnishi-san is voiced by Fukushima Jun, aka Kazuma from Konosuba.
"Hai, Ohnishi desu".

The porting of PC erotic dating sims to an all-ages console port is a good highlight of how gaming consoles (PS, PS Vita etc.) are generally considered as mainstream among Japanese society.

Last edited by zztop; 2017-07-16 at 09:52.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 11:09   Link #1951
Kurohane

Found some clarification about the Altair-Blitz scene as it seems Amazon (again!) messed up the translation.

Credit to Mysterious Banana on MAL:
Quote:
What Altair says is:

"だからこそ。。。だからこそ君は最終気仙に望むべきでわないと思う。"

To my understanding what that actually translates to "Because of that... because of that, I do not believe you desire [my] ultimate goal."

Basically that entire dialogue is Blitz admitting he knows what Altair's up to, but saying he's on her side because he feels like he has to protect her, and in response to his honesty Altair admits she knows he won't help her in the end because that isn't what his secret wish is; it's why his eye twitches right after she says that and the drawing his pistol was a fake out to the audience (to make us think he's going Mamika's route). What she's actually doing is letting him go and they're parting as enemies on good terms.

This is hinted at pretty heavily in the scenes leading up to it as well: his flashback shows that as much as Blitz loved his daughter, he still knew he had to shoot her to save the world, so even if Altair is a surrogate daughter he'd still wind up making the same choice; also in his introductory conversation with Sho he remarks that it's obvious one should try to get their wish granted instead of seeking revenge, which contradicts the idea he would help Altair destroy the world in an act of revenge.
Old 2017-07-16, 11:25   Link #1952
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Found some clarification about the Altair-Blitz scene as it seems Amazon (again!) messed up the translation.

More than that....it actually translates more to "I believe my final endgame is not something you should desire" ie...she's pushing him away not because purely he's fundamentally incompatible with her but because she also does not want to put him in a spot.
Old 2017-07-16, 11:34   Link #1953
tuckersister

Someone told me that Souta's Creation will proabably have the ability to learn other Creation's skills and techniques and its analytical skills are par to Megane and Meteora (it's just its confidence is lacking).
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 11:36   Link #1954
magnuskn

I love that they are giving Altair quite a bit of complexity with this.
Old 2017-07-16, 11:44   Link #1955
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah Magane is small scale evil and she wouldn't like it any other way.
I'm not sure about that. Her original goal is to create a sorta messed-up empire. Who knows, her getting a nice condo might be her beginning to do/execute that plan .
Old 2017-07-16, 11:58   Link #1956
Kamieichi

Quote:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topic...00#msg51547928
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 12:05   Link #1957
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

I'm a bit confused. When Hikayu denies Nakanogane's assertion that she can take off her panties to seduce men, is that because she's too embarrassed to admit he's right, or something else?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 14:16   Link #1958
Spica

Quote:
Some one said that clarification isn't also accurate.

Last edited by Spica; 2017-07-16 at 15:58.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 14:32   Link #1959
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah Magane is small scale evil and she wouldn't like it any other way. In other hand Altair situation doesn't changed bit. Having symphatetic final boss is much better than absolute monster.
Actually, I'm of the opinion that Magane is the final obstacle for everyone to clear. Chaos is her ultimate goal and if Altair chickens out at the last moment (which she most likely will), Magane herself may step in and add the final touches.

If this episode told me anything, it's that Altair just feels alone/abandoned and is angry because of how her creator was treated. She's channeling this anger into her plan to destroy the world, but that's not what she truly wants. I'd say she just wants to be understood and saved by someone. (The OP also hints at this.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2017-07-16 at 14:42.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 18:44   Link #1960
ReddyRedWolf

While Blitz sacrificed the life of his daughter to save the world he had no choice left. His daughter was just a head running the machinery making her suffer. It was a mercy kill.

Altair's goal goes against Blitz's wish. To get his daughter back. Suruga drawing her and him may indicate she is wiling to bribe his allegiance. Altair aims to destroy all worlds. However Blitz sees Altair as another little girl that is about to be sacrificed for the sake of the world. Thing is Altair made it clear... She doesn't want to be saved. Just look at what she did to Mamika. Which is why these are sadistic choices that Blitz has to make up his mind. Save his daughter or save Altair.

Speaking of Mamika Alisteria experienced twice not being able to save the girl. In her story and in reality. She now knows Altair is played her like fiddle. Hence allying herself with Magane to draw her out. However she isn't aware of Mamika's wish to save both the world and Altair. Altair is going for the destruction of the world and her own.

It occurs to me Altair, Blitz, Alisteria, and Syo all have lost loved ones. All but Blitz desire revenge. Blitz is different that he lost hope but gained it again with the possibility to bring his daughter back.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning