mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ar-run/.132610

who is this japanese girl Shizu
rimuru's girlfriend?
Images
POSTER
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
looking at the poster .prediction about drawing quality.. not looking good? different than manga version?
has the same fate like negima?
Shizu is Rimuru "fate person" but not girlfriend, you will know why if you read a few chapter of manga or look a bit closely into the picture
as for anime, the quality look good !! I recognize everything that been show in PV so it should be a faithful adaption of Manga/Light Novel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I've only just heard of this series.

I understand one praise of this series is that is has "very good worldbuilding" and "adminstrative nation-building".

However, I'm also aware that series like Death March (at least the WN/LN version) also has detailed/good worldbuilding.

My question is - what sort of advantage does/will Slime Tensei have compared to Death March's story?
I read death march only around halfway...
hmmm...but think of it as

Death March -> Harem Adventure + slice of life
Slime -> Slime gain a lot of allies, gain royal follower who play a part in build a country and then on his way to become one of the world Demon Lords who play a large role in world conflict
-> ton of recurring character that rival or stronger than MC (at first) and some politics in the mix those character
-> harem...? yes but MC is missing his little brother so it not much show in the story...

Last edited by mickbis; 2018-06-08 at 11:36.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 14:51   Link #1142
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I was so confused because the term "demon" just gets thrown around regardless of characters

just the LN translator being lazy.

the WN translator use Devil for those summon form hell.

the them "Ma" can mean both demons and magic. Translators just don't differential it enough.
Old 2018-06-08, 15:32   Link #1143
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ar-run/.132610

who is this japanese girl Shizu
rimuru's girlfriend?
Images
POSTER
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
looking at the poster .prediction about drawing quality.. not looking good? different than manga version?
has the same fate like negima?
IMO, the art style follows the LN illustration which is, yes, different from the manga.
Though I also think the manga look a bit better (and cleaner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I've only just heard of this series.

I understand one praise of this series is that is has "very good worldbuilding" and "adminstrative nation-building".

However, I'm also aware that series like Death March (at least the WN/LN version) also has detailed/good worldbuilding.

My question is - what sort of advantage does/will Slime Tensei have compared to Death March's story?
IMO, Tensei Slime is more similar to Overlord. Both the MC got "transported" to another into a non-human being and they both have a bunch of powerful subordinates.

I would say Overlord has better writing, but that could also be because I read Overlord in its polished LN form. Tensei Slime's WN (and the translation) can be a bit choppy.
However, I greatly enjoy the tone and the fun characters of Tensei Slime, Overlord sometimes is just a bit dark for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just the LN translator being lazy.

the WN translator use Devil for those summon form hell.

the them "Ma" can mean both demons and magic. Translators just don't differential it enough.
Even the WN got me confused, sometimes they just flat out used "demon" for monsters like Oni in sentences like "...Benimaru appeared. A demon with power...."

And then there is the whole thing with titles
Demon Lord/Demon King/Demon God....etc...
gosh dang it

EDIT: 24 eps for the anime? YAY!!! I wonder where it will stop tho
Spoiler for LN/WN spoilers:
Old 2018-06-08, 21:05   Link #1144
mickbis

Best ending would be the first Walpurgis since it basically the fight with first arc mastermind
But Im not sure if it can be cover in 24
Old 2018-06-09, 01:41   Link #1145
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Best ending would be the first Walpurgis since it basically the fight with first arc mastermind
But Im not sure if it can be cover in 24
The first one? Does it covers the revival event? Cant remember.
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 01:58   Link #1146
mickbis

In web nov yes
Demon Lord -> Revival -> Walpurgis
Old 2018-06-10, 00:15   Link #1147
tsunade666

up till the the making of octagram. or at least the tournament please. its 8bit. I have faith in it's adaptation thanks to Tokyo ravens. it burned the material fast but the main plot is there, they just disregard or reduced the daily events.

slime is more on nation building like overlord but it's much more free and take than overlord. they also aren't trying hard villain but friendly neighbor. though demon lord title of Rimuru isn't for show. I'm not sure on how many later on did momonga and his groupie killed but rimuru' s body count isn't to be laugh at.
Old 2018-06-10, 04:13   Link #1148
Ultragunner

New PV for the anime:

Seriously, why does this look way better than the promotional arts? Although I greatly prefer the manga's art style, the anime is less likely to be garbage now
Old 2018-06-10, 11:40   Link #1149
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
New PV for the anime:

[-youtube-]bXCCKubabe0[-/youtube-]

Seriously, why does this look way better than the promotional arts? Although I greatly prefer the manga's art style, the anime is less likely to be garbage now
I wonder how they'll handle the more... "serious" scenes though, like Shizu's death and Rimuru causing a massacre before becoming a demon lord. The PV has shown that the series will focus on the things which make Slime fun, which is pretty much the most important thing about the series that makes it so enjoyable enough for it to get 30k+ first week sales per LN volume (compared to most other isekai LNs that only get around 5k-20k) and even got the manga adaptation into rankings. Even so things have their time and place. These two scenes are very important and I really hope the staff handles those well.

What I didn't like though was the music. I really hope that was just some generic PV music because that really wasn't what I want to hear as BGM.

It's great though that the series got 2 cours. With that it's pretty much guaranteed we'll get to see Demon Slime Rimuru and Diablo.
Old 2018-06-10, 13:59   Link #1150
tsunade666

the death of a certain useless Secretary should have a good bgm. especially when his in denial state. then the massacre that happens after. that's graphical gore.
Old 2018-06-11, 01:12   Link #1151
XFire
150% done

I recently bought the English Light Novel for this series, and I noticed it didn't have the whole "fated person" thing with Shizu. In fact they didn't even talk before she exploded into Ifrit.

Is that just something the manga added or what?
Old 2018-06-11, 01:57   Link #1152
mickbis

Yes, Author just keep add more details to his latest version I can confirmed that since I bought both manga and Light novel
Old 2018-06-11, 02:16   Link #1153
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Yes, Author just keep add more details to his latest version I can confirmed that since I bought both manga and Light novel
Huh. Well, the manga certainly stands as the better version then, Shizu's passing was far more emotional than the near incidental happening in the LN.
Old 2018-06-26, 06:15   Link #1154
Ultragunner

do Diablo and Guy interact in the LN? I saw an illustration (black & white) with them together

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2018-06-26 at 08:49. Reason: grammar
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 07:18   Link #1155
mickbis

Not so much I think..(for WN )
Diablo only follow Rimuru around and have 0 reason to fight Guy
( 3 girl on the other hand got OHKO by Guy the first time they met while Diablo just stay out of clearly stronger non-hostile opponent like Guy )

Maybe LN add more of their screen time
Old 2018-06-30, 21:15   Link #1156
Ultragunner

I hav been reading the manga on Kindle, and just discovered the bonus short stories that are based on Veldora’s perspective, they really need to animate that
or at least make some short specials

anyhow, whatever happened to Ifrit?
Spoiler for manga bonus stories:

it that canon? I can’t recall whether he could be summoned after Veldora’s release
Old 2018-06-30, 22:17   Link #1157
mickbis

Quote:
I hav been reading the manga on Kindle, and just discovered the bonus short stories that are based on Veldora’s perspective, they really need to animate that
or at least make some short specials

anyhow, whatever happened to Ifrit?
Spoiler for manga bonus stories:

it that canon? I can’t recall whether he could be summoned after Veldora’s release
Ifrit also interesting in reading war strategy book too... lol
Ifrit part might be change later in Light Novel if Veldora request Rimuru to help release Ifrit as well
Old 2018-06-30, 23:34   Link #1158
tsunade666

the story is changing as the author writes so expect more change from manga and light novel in the future.
Old 2018-07-02, 12:56   Link #1159
Ultragunner

arrgghh, it's so frustrating that the official release for the LN is so slow, even though I am more than willing to support it

Ehem, I am so bored right now so I just went and make a list of the strongest being in this world

I won't be ranking the characters, but instead put them into "tier lists", also this exclude now deceased characters.

Top/Highest Tier - The most powerful beings:
Rimuru
Guy
Milim
Veldora
Velzard
Velgrynd
Chloe
Dagrule*
Spoiler for Note on Dagrule:

Questionable:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Upper Tier:
*This one mostly consists of Rimuru's followers *
Diablo
Benimaru
Zegion
Kumara (when combined with her "friends"?)
Ranga + Gobuta: Ranga has the energy level while Gobuta has skills and keen battle sense

Perhaps slightly below the above are:
_ the Seraphim such as Dino and his friends
_ the top demons: Carrera, Testarossa, Ultima, plus Mizari and Hirari (the two Demon Maids who serve Guy)

hm...who else did I forget?

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2018-07-02 at 17:05.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 15:45   Link #1160
tsunade666

Kumara might have the energy level but I'm not sure if her skill can back it up.

btw. what effect is Shion' s ultimate skill. it was not mentioned in the translated battle but maybe it was reveal in other chapter or info from author.

Tags
demon lord, evolution, isekai, op slime, reincarnation