AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-23, 23:33   Link #41
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for New episode spoilers:

Last edited by Ligerleon89; 2018-06-23 at 23:50.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 23:46   Link #42
Jord
Banned

That was the best episode so far, filled with all the crazyness and strange elements of FLCL. I always knew that Haruko was the bad guy/final boss but never expected her to be so bold and selfish, on the first season she wasn't like that even when she did everything to reach Atomsk but now she's going all out. I feel bad for Jinryu to be honest, after trying to protect Hidori and Ide from Haruko and the medical mechanical robot she ended being devoured.

So now we have 2 guys after Hidori, obviously Ide will be the one who gets her. Another thing that left me confused was the true nature of Haruko's power, the old man and the other guy mentioned that is not Atomsk power but something else. Also that was freaking Canti? never expected to see him back but looks like something happened to him.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 08:54   Link #43
Twi

That episode revealed a lot. But Haruko, what the hell?

Also, this thing:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-25, 00:24   Link #44
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That episode revealed a lot. But Haruko, what the hell?

Also, this thing:

Oh yea it revealed a lot.

Mainly Haruko is a piece of shit and deserves to burn in hell for eternity. Hated her since day 1 of the whole anime and when they introduce cool chick whos good they do her in like shit and give the evil B**** the spotlight.

What a waste of a season 2.
Old 2018-06-25, 01:14   Link #45
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh yea it revealed a lot.

Mainly Haruko is a piece of shit and deserves to burn in hell for eternity. Hated her since day 1 of the whole anime and when they introduce cool chick whos good they do her in like shit and give the evil B**** the spotlight.

What a waste of a season 2.
Saying season 2 is a waste just because you hate a character? that's ridiculous.

Haruko was always like that, the difference is something Jinryu pointed out after being defeated, she understood why Haruko is doing this and that maybe she's right after all. This is FLCL we still don't know what's happening behind the scenes until the end, try to think a little bit about it.
Old 2018-06-25, 07:08   Link #46
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorry kinda mean't watching season 2 was a waste of time for me.
Old 2018-06-25, 11:06   Link #47
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Saying season 2 is a waste just because you hate a character? that's ridiculous.

Haruko was always like that, the difference is something Jinryu pointed out after being defeated, she understood why Haruko is doing this and that maybe she's right after all. This is FLCL we still don't know what's happening behind the scenes until the end, try to think a little bit about it.
This whole thing with her and Atomsk got me intrigued now. Is there some thing more to the latter other than the power it/he wields? I've been skeptical of Haruko since she came into Naota's life and she treated him harshly at times, using him to get Atomsk's power. We barely know a thing about her and we might see more at the end of Progressive, which will lead into Alternative.
Old 2018-06-25, 13:08   Link #48
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
This whole thing with her and Atomsk got me intrigued now. Is there some thing more to the latter other than the power it/he wields? I've been skeptical of Haruko since she came into Naota's life and she treated him harshly at times, using him to get Atomsk's power. We barely know a thing about her and we might see more at the end of Progressive, which will lead into Alternative.
Some hints about it are present inside Hidori's dreams, for example, remember when she turned into a robot after she found a gigantic body of a monster that was dying? some people think that monster is Atomsk and Canti is fused with Hidori at that moment thanks to his power in order to fight against the Medical Mecanical.

Another theory going around is that Haruko just want to free Atomsk from his own power and that's why she tried to obtain that power and keep it for herself but her rational half, AKA Jinryu didn't wanted to do it because Atomsk should be free, who knows.
Old 2018-06-30, 22:41   Link #49
Twi

Is the artstyle grainy for everyone else?
Old 2018-06-30, 22:43   Link #50
Jord
Banned

When is the new episode coming out?
Old 2018-06-30, 22:43   Link #51
Twi

It's literally on right now.
Old 2018-06-30, 22:44   Link #52
Ligerleon89

Yeah, besides the beginning part, the rest was just slightly weird. I'll wait until the episode is over to say anything.
Old 2018-06-30, 22:58   Link #53
Twi

....Okay, someone walk me through this episode because this is even weirder than usual...
Old 2018-06-30, 23:10   Link #54
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for Episode 5 summary:

I may have to look at that episode again. I wonder what that stuff with the amusement park is about. They did talk about wrinkles that I'm familiar with since the first season. Oy! That only leaves one episode left.

Last edited by Ligerleon89; 2018-06-30 at 23:12. Reason: More info and thoughts about the episode
Old 2018-06-30, 23:25   Link #55
Jord
Banned

The previous episode for me was something really good but this one was just over the top. I love the animation and how that single detail gave this episode a different atmosphere, we learned more about Hidori's mother in that flashback showing what happened with her father and it seems that moment broke something inside Hidori, something that of course is connected to what's happening now.

In the end Hidori is right, Haruko is just a girl in love but she's trying to deny it, quite interesting to see how her mood changed right away when she saw Atomsk. One more episoe to go, so far so good, I expect an amazing ending next week.

Oh, one thing that I didn't liked about the episode is how they used the old songs again on moments that didn't fit in the mood, why not using the new ones? or maybe those are for Alternative?
Old 2018-06-30, 23:27   Link #56
Kurohane

Haruko's become completely unhinged. Whatever secret organization is starting their plan to destroy the Medical Mechanica plant by absorbing the N.O. of the couples. Canti is somehow rebooting, and ate what was left of Ide after Hidomi sucked him into her head. Not!Amarao confronts his daughter about the plant she sold. Hidomi is refusing to accept the changes in herself and dealing with the fact her mom has stopped waiting for her dad, at least initially as in the final scene she confronts Haruko only to both be stopped as the sky turns red denoting Atomsk being summoned (possibly through Canti and Ide?).

Also, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can". Ah, that song! Such a callback to last episode of the original, only Ide doesn't have Atomsk power so he had no chance against Haruko.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2018-07-03 at 21:30.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 23:40   Link #57
Ligerleon89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Haruko's become completely unhinged. Whatever secret organization is starting their plan to destroy the Medical Mechanica plant by absorbing the N.O. of the couples. Canti is somehow rebooting, and ate what was left of Ide after Hidomi sucked him into her head. Not!Amarao confronts his daughter about the plant she sold. Hidomi is refusing to accept the changes in herself and dealing with the fact her mom has stopped waiting for her dad, at least initially as in the final scene she confronts Haruko only to both be stopped as the sky turns red denoting Atomsk being summoned (possibly through Canti and Ide?).

Also, "I think I count, I think I count, I think I count". Ah, that song! Such a callback to last episode of the original, only Ide doesn't have Atomsk power so he had no chance against Haruko.
Yeah. After that whole thing, Ide just doesn't have that kind of power, otherwise he would have exhibited more. It may have some sense that Hidori has it, considering even the last end of the episode, although it seems that Atomsk could be summoned another way. I don't know until I watch the last episode. It never left my head with Haruko, why else would she be willing to travel even to the cosmos and back looking for this guy. And especially if Season 3: Alternative is any indication.
Old 2018-07-07, 22:42   Link #58
Twi

We have a cafe to run together.

*Mochi immediately crushes it*

Only you, FLCL...

Haruko's thirst for Atomisk was something though and was Not!Amaro actually his son?

Last edited by Twi; 2018-07-07 at 23:01.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 23:03   Link #59
Kurohane

Well, it was fun. Finally got the giant mech outside Hidomi's dreams. Also, Jinyuu's back and Canti's been fully restored! Have to wait till September for Alternative. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Lastly... NO NAOTA CAMEO AT THE END REEEE~!
Old 2018-07-07, 23:16   Link #60
Ligerleon89

Spoiler for Episode 6: