AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Old Today, 15:02   Link #1841
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What are we even getting at? Because they broke the law, they have no rights? Should that justify capturing and selling them then?
He's trying to say he didn't separate children from parents, because the parents aren't parents, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. And possibly the children aren't children, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. I'm not fluent in paranoid fever dream.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:23   Link #1842
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Most children come without parents.
The surge in border crossings we saw in 2014 included a large contingent of unaccompanied children, usually teenagers. The Obama Administration and the courts set up processes to handle these children and try and find them relatives or sponsors in the US while their asylum claims are adjudicated. While that number has grown from 40,000 to 56,000 between (Fiscal Year) 2013 and 2016, the number of families (children with adults) grew five-fold, from 15,000 to over 75,000. The situation Trump is describing was once true, but is no longer true today.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...ildren/fy-2016

Here's a very informative article comparing Trump's and Obama's policies concerning migrant families: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/174884...aration-border
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 16:11   Link #1843
The Green One

Simply Trump is enabling the racism and xenophobia in this country by advocating as their voice.
Old Today, 16:37   Link #1844
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's trying to say he didn't separate children from parents, because the parents aren't parents, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. And possibly the children aren't children, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. I'm not fluent in paranoid fever dream.
That could be it. The thing that got me is he's calling them "invaders" and detached from the parents, so the children are maliciously invading and ruining everything I guess.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:58   Link #1845
Toukairin
Mountain Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Simply Trump is enabling the racism and xenophobia in this country by advocating as their voice.
And I think that the next POTUS after him will have to wage an open war against all racists and xenophobes out there. In other words, the POTUS should give FBI all capabilities to fight against the Ku Klux Klan and other Neo-Nazi groups like other terrorists groups from around the world. It's more than time to pound those particular people down to the craphole they come from.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote