AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 54 45.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-27, 19:47   Link #81
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Wait, are you serious? So you prefer Toei's version instead? Are you hating the way they're telling the story or are you hating being left in suspense? Or are you just hating Shiori's arc in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
He was being sarcastic as far as I can tell. Hates them so much that he can only give the episode a 10...yeah, pretty sure he only "hates" the way the episode was done so perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
He's obviously taking a swipe at that certain idiot that keeps giving this series low marks based on his biased discrimination to this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
O please, people.... he's giving it the highest compliment one can give --- watching the story upset him terribly which means KyoAni was spot on -- he's giving it a 10. ARgh....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
More "ironic" than "sarcastic", but you get the idea. (One of my pet hates when people say irony and sarcasm are the same thing).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Wouldn't irony befit something that was unintentional, while sarcasm is deliberate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
And in response to a dozen other people's posts, I goofed as well. I made only one pass at the post I previously quoted on, Ascaloth, and misread it. How embarassing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
No, irony can be intentional. Sarcasm's purpose is to belittle or mock something, so it's only really used to say a positive thing but mean its negative. Irony can go either way, and Ascaloth was praising the episode using some fairly harsh words.

You know, it's been very interesting to see everyone getting into this much of a tizzy, just arguing over the meaning of my words, and the structure in which my words took. I certainly didn't expect that simple a post to attract so much attention.

I really should do this more often. It's tres amusing.
Old 2007-01-27, 20:14   Link #82
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

My vote is for ironic.

Anyways, I give this one a "10". The water effects were great, better than the snow effects. The whole story for this ep. was great. Ayu even did some good things (giving excellent advice, verbalizing that she was worried about him and acting on it). The music was great.....

Ayu was right though. All of this has got to be taking a mental toll on him and it shows on his face. Kudos to Kyo-Ani.

And Akiko hasn't recovered yet. Ayu was on the money with that one too.

Gotta see if that doc was right next week.....
Old 2007-01-27, 21:39   Link #83
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I think i just saw Nanase Rumi again... twice.

17:02 and 17:30.

Who is Shiori, Really?

Meeting Yuuichi at Night ---> Like Mai
Coincidence meeting at Hospital ---> Ayu related
Fountain (date) ---> Shiori's original
Arcade (date) ---> Makoto
Stuffed Animal Shop (after school) ---> Sayuri
Strawberry Sundae Shop ---> Nayuki

She goes to places related to the other heroines..... hmmmmm.... :thinking:

Last edited by sgwc; 2007-01-27 at 21:47. Reason: adding stuff
Old 2007-01-27, 21:45   Link #84
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, looks like the first to truly die is none other than sarcasm. Sarcasm dies when it is lost?

Hmm... I disagree about Ayu being the one Mai indicates, given that Mai already has spoken on her during her arc.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-01-27, 22:03   Link #85
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I'm actually not sure if she was referring to Kaori. I didn't think so the moment I heard it in episode 16, and I still don't think so right now. True, Kaori does fit in her description, but Mai should have no idea of the existence of Kaori/Shiori at all. When she said "... Yuuichi no soba ni iru"...
Spoiler:
I thought the same thing, even though I knew Shiori was the next one up to bat.

This episode, for the water effects alone, deserves some kind of recognition. The water in the canal (or whatever) the visage of Shiori and Yuuichi through the water at the fountain. On top of that, a wonderfully executed story. I'm still not sure how to rate this one, other than highly.

And DanielSong39, stop watching or stop rating the episodes. Go watch Naruto or something. You're really pissing me off. At least state what you hate about Kanon 2006, you sick freak!
Old 2007-01-27, 22:17   Link #86
orion

I really fell in love with the canal/river water. The fountain even changed colors at night too. This title is screaming Blu-ray release.

Personally...
Spoiler:

Now, now guys...
You can't stop someone from watching something and posting a score. Not everyone is going to be a fan or post why they score a certain way.
Old 2007-01-27, 22:22   Link #87
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I really fell in love with the canal/river water. The fountain even changed colors at night too. This title is screaming Blu-ray release.

Personally...
Spoiler:

Now, now guys...
You can't stop someone from watching something and posting a score. Not everyone is going to be a fan or post why they score a certain way.

Spoiler:

And it's true, unfortunately, what orion said. You really can't stop someone from being a troll; old habits die hard, that's the phrase, I believe. The best anyone can do is to make a troll look irrelevant.

So Richard 23, I appreciate your backing me up, but there's no need to risk your reputation by outright flaming. You're just handling the situation badly that way. My advice; just sit back, relax, and leave it to the master.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:01   Link #88
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

There's just one tasty meat to feed a troll with - an entry at the "ignore" list.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:05   Link #89
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
And it's true, unfortunately, what orion said. You really can't stop someone from being a troll; old habits die hard, that's the phrase, I believe. The best anyone can do is to make a troll look irrelevant.
Voting a certain way makes them a troll? Come on, that's kinda ridiculous. Not everyone has the same opinions as the majority, and should be allowed to express themselves.
Quote:
I really should do this more often. It's tres amusing.
I'm going to really hate it if you do. Explaining it to people who don't understand it is going to be a pain. So go ahead, I'll be looking forward to it.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:06   Link #90
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
[spoiler]So Richard 23, I appreciate your backing me up, but there's no need to risk your reputation by outright flaming. You're just handling the situation badly that way. My advice; just sit back, relax, and leave it to the master.
Yeah, but what do you get for having reputation points anyway? A giant anteater?

Besides I already got dinged for making a joke about Kanon. And DanielSong39 sucks anyway! At least until he (or she) makes a cogent argument for why Kanon 2006 isn't living up to his (or her) expectations. Heh.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:13   Link #91
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Hmm...irrelevant trolls aside, maybe a fresh set of thoughts from a late watcher might be better (or not ).

-The graphics were awesome, thanks to the earlier showing of the river when Yuuichi and Kaori were walking home and the fountain of changing colors. And of course, the snow.

-This episode told me quite a bit more about Shiori's character, that despite all her strength shown in handling the matter with her once beloved sister ignoring her almost completely now, she has more or less given up on fighting an illness that seemed incurable. Ironically, instead of wallowing in despair, she continues trying to make every day a happy one till Sunday with Yuuichi, no less.

-Kaori's a strange one; Showing concern for Shiori as to how she spent her last days as compared to treating her as little more than a stranger. It sounds to me that she still cares, but also wants to run away from the pain and suffering she will receive when Shiori goes if she continues caring so much for her imouto. It remains to be seen whether Shiori's last wish would be granted...Be it posthumously or on her birthday, while she lived.

-To me, Yuuichi's taking the opposite path of Kaori. He knows that he's going to get hurt (duh...once bitten, twice shy. Remember Makoto), because at the end of all the happy days he spent with Shiori is the grim fact of truth that he's going to lose her. Yet the man's doing all he can to make her happy despite his few random showings of melancholy and possibly hesitation. Points to him, indeed.

-Of course, the highlights of the episode was a look into how Shiori would behave in school (The hesitance before, during and after the curry reaction itself was absolutely kawaii~) as well as how she would spend her days normally with friends.

-There are also a few more bits of development on Ayu, seeing as how she suddenly wants to be close to Yuuichi more than ever (during nighttime, no less) and the issue with the hairband, of which we saw a similar one with Yuuichi much earlier in the series.

The preview seems pretty ominous. I'm ready for another nostalgic heartwarming yet ironically heart-rending episode at the same time when Shiori's arc probably reaches it's climax and possibly end.

10/10 for the mood generated in episode 17.
Old 2007-01-27, 23:18   Link #92
Ascaloth

Quote:
Voting a certain way makes them a troll? Come on, that's kinda ridiculous. Not everyone has the same opinions as the majority, and should be allowed to express themselves.
Voting a certain way makes one a troll? No. Casting gutter votes without giving good reasons, without expressing themselves in a reasonable way? That's a troll.

Please don't misunderstand me, Meophist. I don't label one a troll because I don't like the way they vote, or don't like their opinions. If I did, I'll go after Devil Doll too, and most likely I'll be labelled a troll, myself. Please don't make me out like I'm that unreasonable. It breaks my heart.

Quote:
I'm going to really hate it if you do. Explaining it to people who don't understand it is going to be a pain. So go ahead, I'll be looking forward to it.
So.....is that a 'go ahead', or an 'oh gawd noes'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Yeah, but what do you get for having reputation points anyway? A giant anteater?

Besides I already got dinged for making a joke about Kanon. And DanielSong39 sucks anyway! Until he makes a cogent argument for why Kanon 2006 isn't living up to his (or her) expectations at least. Heh.
Actually I was worried that you'll get yourself banned unnecessarily. There's really no need to single him out every chance you get, especially if he hasn't done anything so far since the last time. So try to keep your head cool and avoid the overt insults, alright?
Old 2007-01-28, 00:06   Link #93
Meophist
Tell me who I am.

Quote:
Voting a certain way makes one a troll? No. Casting gutter votes without giving good reasons, without expressing themselves in a reasonable way? That's a troll.

Please don't misunderstand me, Meophist. I don't label one a troll because I don't like the way they vote, or don't like their opinions. If I did, I'll go after Devil Doll too, and most likely I'll be labelled a troll, myself. Please don't make me out like I'm that unreasonable. It breaks my heart.
Well, I'm just saying that he's not being disruptive, nor is he parading the fact that he's not satisfied with the series. Overall, he's not posting much. Checking back on some of the more recent posts he made around here, he's just posting his observations. He's not attacking the show relentlessly or doing anything similar.

I don't believe you need a reason for your vote. A vote is an opinion. Opinions can be and often are irrational. I could justify myself giving this episode anywhere from a 3 to a 10, but that's why I don't vote.

I'm just saying that I don't think he's a troll. At most, he's harmless. On the other hand, someone like him can be very insightful.

In any case, I'm probably just more forgiving than most. A troll, to me, is someone who goes out of their way to attack other posters. Someone who not only does not contribute, but is actively disruptive.

I've told myself a long time ago to never look down on anyone else and to never wish ill of others. So I'd like to give everybody a chance, no matter how they may seem at first. I particularly become interested in those who are not like-minded, as I tend to tunnel-vision myself often.

Please don't take my criticisms too personally. They are, afterall, simply my opinion. I understand that seeing his votes can be frusterating but I don't believe he's doing it just to spite you.
Quote:
So.....is that a 'go ahead', or an 'oh gawd noes'?
Can't it be both?
Old 2007-01-28, 00:13   Link #94
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Well how could Shiroi die after this exchange?

Yuuichi: Is it really too late?
Yuuichi: Isn't there any chance of you recovering?
Shiori: It may, if a miracle happens, but it's called a miracle because it doesn't happen. Heh.

Spoiler for miracle:

Of course Shiori is only egging on the fanboys with her cute little angsty line, eh?

Well, whatever. It's all up in the air. But regardless, ganbatte, Shiori-chan. I'm cheering you on.
Old 2007-01-28, 04:58   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
Of course Shiori is only egging on the fanboys with her cute little angsty line, eh?
and whatever shiori says sells on this fanboy

shes trying to be meaningful imo ~ ofc if a miracle happens like mai then she could be saved but being hopeful inst the key so shes just letting it be ~ if she lives then its a plus but dying wont make her depressed...and what a time for mai's powers to go ku~put >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-28, 05:22   Link #96
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

< 100% pure Shiori fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...and what a time for mai's powers to go ku~put >.<
Tell me about it... especially one day before Yuuichi finds out about Shiori's condition >.<
Old 2007-01-28, 09:37   Link #97
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

But the whole Shiori arc would be so boring if Mai's powers were left intact, so they had to write Mai out of the scenario, blah.
Old 2007-01-28, 10:27   Link #98
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Doll View Post
But the whole Shiori arc would be so boring if Mai's powers were left intact, so they had to write Mai out of the scenario, blah.
Yet another example of one of the unavoidable potholes KyoAni has to encounter in their "interweaving" adapation of the story; in the original game, this would never have been an issue, would it?
Old 2007-01-28, 11:47   Link #99
orion

Writing Mai out of this scenario was the best thing that Kyo-Ani did imo. Miracles aren't easy to come by and Shiori and Kaori need to fight for theirs imo.

I'd say "Go for it, Ascaloth!". It was fun reading those replies.
Old 2007-01-28, 12:34   Link #100
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Forgot to mention something: I complained about Satou Akemi's voicing for Shiori in the first few episodes, but I have noticed in recent episodes she's been improving greatly. Now she's back to the same old Shiori, if not better. I guess she's finally got back into the "Kanon mood" after without touching it for a good while.
Closed Thread