AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 18 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-06-12, 00:04   Link #41
Ickarium

My guess is that's part of the Warbeast's natural design of the game. It 'randomly' takes something from one of the participants memories in the chairs, and of course it grabs the most troubling location for the participants.

Something like that, rather than they knowing Tokyo themselves. It's built from Shiro and Sora's memories.
Old 2014-06-12, 00:40   Link #42
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
You have no idea how right you are.
Old 2014-06-12, 01:14   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the miracle ruler of the warbeasts is actually a warbeast. This knowledge of Tokyo and the gaming technology in general...seems hard to believe this race actually developed all that on their own. Is there reason to believe that Sora and Shiro are the only people from Earth that Tet has brought over? Maybe the warbeasts great ruler is some cosplayer .
We didn't have that kind of tech 50 years ago either.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 04:01   Link #44
Enternal

Well, I was very interested in Kurami ever since she lost and cried like a little girl. That to me showed that she's a lot different than how she appeared. This episode does not disappoint me at all with Kurami. Kurami, yeah!

Fii was a surprise though hahaha. Both Kurami and Fii really fit together. While Fii may look tough and serious on the outside, she's actually quite soft and emotional. Fii looks gentle on the outside but can be very serious, cunning, and brutal. These 2 really are great together.

EDIT: It's amazing that Kurami was able to get this reaction from Sora. Go Kurami!
Spoiler for Kurami Teasing Sora:

Last edited by Enternal; 2014-06-12 at 05:15.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 05:03   Link #45
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha!! welcome to Tokyo

anyway, Fi and Kurami are interesting character... I like how Sora treated Kurami as 2nd Dola

poor Jibril... hahaha... her pride is getting stomped and crumbled.. but she gained it again when she spreaded her wings to tell people to make way for her master

with an elf, a smart human, a Flugel, and a decoy (Steph.. lol), I think Blank siblings would manage to overcome Tokyo and Izuna-tan.... anyway, I think Steph's last demand would be an ace tactic to overturn the opposition

go go! Elkia!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 06:17   Link #46
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
EDIT: It's amazing that Kurami was able to get this reaction from Sora. Go Kurami!
Spoiler for Kurami Teasing Sora:
that was quite something, as the novel version really noted how kurami was pleased to be able to put a dent and surprise sora, which was to show how he's not that perfect.

I think we're in for some anime original content next ep, as the preview shows ino being engaged in the game.
though it could be just an NPC made to resemble him...

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 08:08   Link #47
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
I think we're in for some anime original content next ep, as the preview shows ino being engaged in the game.
I don't think he can play without being in those ?VR seats?, so he probably explains the rules using an image of himself?
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 08:12   Link #48
Biohazardous

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if the miracle ruler of the warbeasts is actually a warbeast. This knowledge of Tokyo and the gaming technology in general...seems hard to believe this race actually developed all that on their own. Is there reason to believe that Sora and Shiro are the only people from Earth that Tet has brought over? Maybe the warbeasts great ruler is some cosplayer .

Hopefully whatever measures Sora took with Steph before the game started will pay off.

And while that might have been intentional, this episode definitely boosted how much I liked Kurami's character. Somewhat fun to have a girl who knows Sora well enough to throw him off. Technically Shiro does also, but that's not really in her character.
You know I think you could be on to something. I don't think Sora looked at her before they started the way he did for nothing. I think he realized something and what he saw will be their downfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
My guess is that's part of the Warbeast's natural design of the game. It 'randomly' takes something from one of the participants memories in the chairs, and of course it grabs the most troubling location for the participants.

Something like that, rather than they knowing Tokyo themselves. It's built from Shiro and Sora's memories.
That sounds perfect. What better way to beat your opponent than to make them face their greatest fears. Not everyone can step up and concur their greatest fear.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 08:42   Link #49
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
As usual, the main characters are hikikomori only when it's convenient for the plot, and usually only employed as a gag at best.
Disboard is basically like a VR game for Blank, while Tokyo is RL. I have suspected from the start that Blank's lack of hikkikomori traits is because they treat living in disboard like a VR game.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 09:48   Link #50
Rogue66

Kurami and Fi are just lovely together, do like Fi personality and the way she treat Kurami. The whole episode was mostly build up for the next episode but not a bad thing. The Warbeast's chose the perfect location to do this game, ironic usually you try not to fight your enemy on their home territory as they would have the advantage but in this case they have the advantage as Sora and Shiro cant handle the real world.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 09:48   Link #51
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
A very nice twist there, having them play in Tokyo. You have to wonder how the Eastern Federation figured out that that was Sora's one weakness?
They shouldn't have been able to unless they have a spy. But even if they knew of their hikikomori weakness they shouldn't have been able to recreate the worst possible scenario for them.

Quote:

If that was true then the theory that warbeasts can read their opponents' minds wasn't actually false it's just that they have machines that can do that for them.

The main problem here is that if they can read something as deep as memories then they should be able to also read superficial thoughts. Quite frightening if this is really the case.

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if the miracle ruler of the warbeasts is actually a warbeast. This knowledge of Tokyo and the gaming technology in general...seems hard to believe this race actually developed all that on their own. Is there reason to believe that Sora and Shiro are the only people from Earth that Tet has brought over? Maybe the warbeasts great ruler is some cosplayer
That's what I thought as well. There are basically two hypotheses here:

1) The fact that the game setting is Tokyo (Akihabara from what I could see), was not intentionally made to put blank at a disadvantage.

2) The game setting was precisely designed to beat Sora and Shiro, knowing that they are terrified by it.

If hypothesis 1 is true, then the only explanation is that someone else from Tokyo was summoned to disboard and that he is responsible for the miraculous technological advantage of the warbeasts as well as for designing the game which they used to win several times.
A similar explanation is that a warbeast from Disboard went to Tokyo and then went back.

If hypothesis 2 is true then it's hard to explain it unless you imagine some kind of mind reading system (whether magical or technological) because the city that we have seen so far is way too detailed to be mere coincidence.
This last hypothesis doesn't give an explanation as to how beastly humans could reach a technological level that is way beyond anything else that is possessed by the other races of Disboard. And mind reading machines are beyond even the technological level of Shiro's and Sora's world.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 10:59   Link #52
Kamui04

I don't think it's really Tokyo. As found out earlier the warbeast don't have the ability to read minds and their technology although capable of creating a VR environment, having mind reading capabilities too is dubious. My take it's that its their "interpretation of a futuristic/otherworldly city" just like some of our games have them too, just a mere coincidence that it looks like present day Tokyo with more Kemonomimi than maids
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 12:59   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
I don't think it's really Tokyo. As found out earlier the warbeast don't have the ability to read minds and their technology although capable of creating a VR environment, having mind reading capabilities too is dubious. My take it's that its their "interpretation of a futuristic/otherworldly city" just like some of our games have them too, just a mere coincidence that it looks like present day Tokyo with more Kemonomimi than maids
There's a problem with that hypothesis, in the few scenes that were shown several writings in Roman and Japanese characters can be seen (and one of those says "AKIBA"). We know from previous episodes that Disboard and Earth don't have the same writing systems (and at the very least Jibril never saw Japanese characters before).
If this isn't supposed to be Tokyo, then the animation studio messed up.

Old 2014-06-12, 13:02   Link #54
Death Usagi
Banned

It's just probably a city that just looks similar to Tokyo or a Japanese city in general :x
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 13:42   Link #55
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well apart from the "AKIBA" that you can read in the background there are other hints that suggest that place is indeed Akihabara

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The Hot Dog guy is from a bar in Akihabara called Player

Old 2014-06-12, 15:22   Link #56
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well apart from the "AKIBA" that you can read in the background there are other hints that suggest that place is indeed Akihabara

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The Hot Dog guy is from a bar in Akihabara called Player
How do the Eastern Federation know about Akihabara?!!!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 16:20   Link #57
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
Maybe not.
Spoiler for not really a spoiler if you've been paying attention:
Old 2014-06-12, 16:32   Link #58
Velsy

Well this episode explained what I been asking for the last 2 episodes.. Why is a human and elf so close when they were suppose to be enemies and under a contract. So the truth was Clammy was a slave. It comes together now.

Jibril just gets more awesome too. So great they were able to get a fugal like her so early. This battle will pretty much be the start of there legend, with humanity being regarded as worthless by everyone, The new management Blank will begin there offensive as the dark horse. Even Tets already started writing about it. Thats what kinda has me excited in this story. A win over the elves, win over the fugal, nows the first strike against the world. I am confident they will win ^_~. But it feels a little odd with the technology the werebeasts have <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 16:44   Link #59
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:

Quote:

Hopefully whatever measures Sora took with Steph before the game started will pay off.

And while that might have been intentional, this episode definitely boosted how much I liked Kurami's character. Somewhat fun to have a girl who knows Sora well enough to throw him off. Technically Shiro does also, but that's not really in her character.
This sums up exactly my two theories on what's happening. Inb4 the ruler of the Warbeasts is actually a Spice and Wolf reference .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 17:08   Link #60
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Welp, whatever I was expecting, now we have good chances of getting Akiba: Undead and undressed: (hopefully) Actually fun and not repetitive as hell edition.

Very nice move from team fluffiness, must admit. Of course, the question is how they pulled it off... maybe Miko-san CAN read thoughts? Nevertheless, stupid queen of fluffiness, how can anyone even dare thinking of bullying Izuna-tan?

Dear lord, Fi is one step away from being yandere (or rather, yangire?) for Kurami. Sorry, Sora, but part of me doesn't think that's mother-like behavior at all

It seems, of all things and people, Steph could be the trump card this time. Now, that is a reason to get excited for what comes next.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote