AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 18 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-06-12, 17:40   Link #61
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Remember, that was the original bet, which the Werebeasts rejected, so he upped the antes to everything they owned on the continent.
Nope. From how Sora originally said it (tsuika) it should mean 'in addition' to the previous chip. Probably there's some cut contents in there somewhere. The warbeasts probably made an exactly same counter-offer with no panties of Izuna included, which Sora agreed to. Shame on him!
================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the miracle ruler of the warbeasts is actually a warbeast. This knowledge of Tokyo and the gaming technology in general...seems hard to believe this race actually developed all that on their own. Is there reason to believe that Sora and Shiro are the only people from Earth that Tet has brought over? Maybe the warbeasts great ruler is some cosplayer .
The warbeast's golden age is supposed to have started since 50 years ago, and like Anh_Minh said, we don't have that kind of tech either then. And the warbeast ruler certainly doesn't look like she's a 50 years old granny.
Old 2014-06-12, 17:48   Link #62
GDB

Well, her panties are on the continent, so be extension of betting everything on the continent, he'd get them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 17:56   Link #63
Biohazardous

Im almost certain she will be the trump card this time. This will show her how much she actually means to them too.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 18:04   Link #64
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
This sums up exactly my two theories on what's happening. Inb4 the ruler of the Warbeasts is actually a Spice and Wolf reference .
Nah. We've seen the OP and enough of the series to know she's the golden fox girl. Horo was a wolf deity. Bot have their respective animal's ears and tails, yes, but completely different connotations in Japanese. If you want a reference, the whole Eastern Federation is a reference to the same thing Horo was, kemonomimi (lit. "animal ear").
Old 2014-06-12, 19:49   Link #65
MK-95-
CCG's Reaper

Don't you just love it when the anime stays absolutely faithful to its source? I know I do.

I don't think I need to go into an in-depth discussion about the episode. It gets a perfect 10. Nuff said.
Suppose there is an evil that justice cannot bring down. What would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil? - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 19:52   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And this episode solidifies why I like Kurami.

Also, Jibril is totally an M. Though did anyone else notice that her halo became a question mark when she was wondering why Fi doesn't like her so much?

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 21:18   Link #67
silvercover
Romance Expert

It's fun to see people speculating about something that wasn't supposed to be speculated upon.

fun fact: the chapter was supposed to end after kurumi caught sora of guard, anything onward is just the beginning of the next chapter.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 21:43   Link #68
XGeneral2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
As usual, the main characters are hikikomori only when it's convenient for the plot, and usually only employed as a gag at best.
It's not completely illogical. They're not afraid of "outside," they're afraid of "the real world." It's the world they felt betrayed by, and it's a world that is not bound by rules they can understand or accept (and exploit). Disboard is really just one big game world that is governed by corresponding rules, so they don't feel out of place there, even outside and in front of crowds.

By the way, do you see anything redeeming about the show? Popular opinion is never a good indicator of quality, but it's almost always an indicator of something. I think a reviewer should always be objective, and I'm worried confirmation bias based on your initial impressions is creeping up on you.
XGeneral2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 00:23   Link #69
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGeneral2000 View Post
It's not completely illogical. They're not afraid of "outside," they're afraid of "the real world." It's the world they felt betrayed by, and it's a world that is not bound by rules they can understand or accept (and exploit). Disboard is really just one big game world that is governed by corresponding rules, so they don't feel out of place there, even outside and in front of crowds.

By the way, do you see anything redeeming about the show? Popular opinion is never a good indicator of quality, but it's almost always an indicator of something. I think a reviewer should always be objective, and I'm worried confirmation bias based on your initial impressions is creeping up on you.
He's stuck with this show for this long just to vote 1 on all the polls and criticize it with one-line remarks at various opportunities. I don't think he should be taken seriously.
Old 2014-06-13, 02:04   Link #70
Dark Wing

okay so the elves culture is similar to that of the ancient Greeks, while the warebeast are more like ancient feudal Japanese?

I do wonder what the other races are like?
Old 2014-06-13, 02:19   Link #71
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Must ship Sora and Kurami now.
Old 2014-06-13, 02:23   Link #72
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
okay so the elves culture is similar to that of the ancient Greeks, while the warebeast are more like ancient feudal Japanese?

Rome was what first came to my mind instead of Greeks.
Old 2014-06-13, 02:55   Link #73
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Well, Rome and Athene were similar in a lot of ways.
Old 2014-06-13, 03:29   Link #74
Ickarium

We really don't have much to say, no. The statuary could be one or the other, unless I'm missing something. They mention a Diet, which could be a Roman Senate, but it could just be a play on the Japanese Diet and have nothing to do with Rome. So who knows.
Old 2014-06-13, 04:07   Link #75
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Speaking of Rome, anyone else got that Thermae Romae reference?
Old 2014-06-13, 04:20   Link #76
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Rome was what first came to my mind instead of Greeks.
I'll go for Greeks, I always felt that even the classic Elves (the Tolkien ones) were inspired by them. Greeks were since the ancient times a people able of giving birth to both very proud warriors and refined philosophers, poets and artists. Romans were only brutal conquerors until they conquered Greece - at which point a Roman historian said that "the feral winner was conquered by the defeated". In other words, by conquering Greece, Rome absorbed a lot of its culture and since they were becoming wealthy and powerful enough that they didn't feel like their old customs suited them any more, they bought fully into that culture. Everything that is refined, artistic or strictly non military or commercial related in Roman culture draws its origins from Greece anyways.
Plus Elven language and poetry traditionally sounds more like Greek than Latin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Speaking of Rome, anyone else got that Thermae Romae reference?
Yep .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 08:16   Link #77
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
As usual, the main characters are hikikomori only when it's convenient for the plot, and usually only employed as a gag at best.
refer to my post in page 3.

well the thing is...
Spoiler for minor content for next ep:

sigh well, I cant really blame reckoner for this one, its more of a combination of misunderstandings between him, the original source, and the anime presentation.

meanwhile for me though, I consider this a good idea in order to increase the content they could fit in, but doing this sort of also disrupts the flow and causes those misunderstandings like for reckoner here.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 10:24   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
the warbeasts sure make great games, that was really the worst place for a game for Sora and
Shiro.
At least it's not an interactive dating sim....

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 11:39   Link #79
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
He's stuck with this show for this long just to vote 1 on all the polls and criticize it with one-line remarks at various opportunities. I don't think he should be taken seriously.
And it seems he votes l before the subs are out . Or maybe he knows japanese? lol
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 12:11   Link #80
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Must ship Sora and Kurami now.
There will be people who tell you it's wrong, that such a ship cannot possibly exist. People will look down on you, and ridicule you for it. To many, you will become a NGNL pariah. When times like that come, remember this song. This song will get you through the rough times, and though your ship may never sail, this song will still give you hope.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote