AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 08:20   Link #81
karumofin

wow, i went to a wiki and read how the manga ending was like and i can only say this last episode was pathetic. overall the second arc was completely useless, although i still like mello and near as characters, its jsut that the story was bad.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:29   Link #82
Vicious108

God damnit Light, being Kira one would think you could easily get a gun and bring it to the event thats going to decide whether you truly become a god or not. Would have loved to see him at least shoot Near in the head before dying, but no, that little bastard stayed alive, argh.

And how the hell did Mikami kill himself, I cant understand, did he have a knife or something? If he did then he should have tried to actually kill the guys who were restraining him...

Also, how exactly did Mello contribute to the whole switching the death notes? Near said that it was all because of him, but the only thing he really did was tell Near one of the rules was fake.

Well, all in all it was a good ending I suppose, Lights seiyu did an amazing job, but like its been said already, nothing unexpected happen, which in a series full of plot twists was kinda disappointing. I really wish Near had died though, cant stand him. -_-
Old 2007-06-27, 08:36   Link #83
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Also, how exactly did Mello contribute to the whole switching the death notes? Near said that it was all because of him, but the only thing he really did was tell Near one of the rules was fake.
Mello kidnapping Takada revealed the location of the real Death Note - Near himself said Light's plan would've worked had it not been for Mello. Near suspected that Mello knew what he was doing; sacrificing himself in order to stop Kira.

It does go a little against Mello's character, he was determined to catch Kira before Near when he started. Maybe he started to see Near had the better chance?
Old 2007-06-27, 08:40   Link #84
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
God damnit Light, being Kira one would think you could easily get a gun and bring it to the event thats going to decide whether you truly become a god or not. Would have loved to see him at least shoot Near in the head before dying, but no, that little bastard stayed alive, argh.

And how the hell did Mikami kill himself, I cant understand, did he have a knife or something? If he did then he should have tried to actually kill the guys who were restraining him...

Well, all in all it was a good ending I suppose, Lights seiyu did an amazing job, but like its been said already, nothing unexpected happen, which in a series full of plot twists was kinda disappointing. I really wish Near had died though, cant stand him. -_-
I think near was making mello move(he doesnt know) to find the real note.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:41   Link #85
Vicious108

Ah, I see, the whole kidnapping Takada forced Mikami to use the real Death Note, and thus Near was able to get it.

But yes, Mello would never sacrifice himself so Near could get Kira, thats totally out of character, but then again, they never really went into Mellos character... and that kidnapping didnt really make much sense before. Maybe he did mean to stop Kira that way, but bleh, should have been the other way around, dead Near and alive Mello. >_>
Old 2007-06-27, 09:01   Link #86
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

From a unbiased point of view, the ending was...Okay. The Music they used when Light was running away...the flashback when he was younger...it was really emotional..very sad. The Ryuk talking to him..how they had interesting times...how they killed their boredom...

Now from the other part of me, i really hate the ending. I wanted Light to win and create the new world. I really hate it so much.

I can't say i'll ever watch the Final episode again. It pains me too much to see Light's end.

Overall, it was a fantastic series. Best i've ever seen. No anime has ever kept me so excited and glued to the computer screen. I doubt there will ever be anything like it.
It'll be hard to fill the void Death Note leaves behind for me.

(That seems rather over-dramatic yes.....)
Old 2007-06-27, 09:27   Link #87
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
From a unbiased point of view, the ending was...Okay. The Music they used when Light was running away...the flashback when he was younger...it was really emotional..very sad. The Ryuk talking to him..how they had interesting times...how they killed their boredom...

Now from the other part of me, i really hate the ending. I wanted Light to win and create the new world. I really hate it so much.

I can't say i'll ever watch the Final episode again. It pains me too much to see Light's end.

Overall, it was a fantastic series. Best i've ever seen. No anime has ever kept me so excited and glued to the computer screen. I doubt there will ever be anything like it.
It'll be hard to fill the void Death Note leaves behind for me.

(That seems rather over-dramatic yes.....)
I also wanted him to win but what can we do about it maybe create a doujinshi of light winning and OWNING them all
I think ryukk could have put the light will die in 15 days(what is written in the note cannot be changed) and light will have 15 days to kill em and find a sucessor
Old 2007-06-27, 09:46   Link #88
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Ah, I see, the whole kidnapping Takada forced Mikami to use the real Death Note, and thus Near was able to get it.

But yes, Mello would never sacrifice himself so Near could get Kira, thats totally out of character, but then again, they never really went into Mellos character... and that kidnapping didnt really make much sense before. Maybe he did mean to stop Kira that way, but bleh, should have been the other way around, dead Near and alive Mello. >_>
Not really, he didn't intentionally sacrifice himself. He didn't know that takada knew his real name, and he didn't know that takada had a death note.

I think that aside from the plot, tamaki-senpai's voice acting =PURE WIN. I also like how madhouse did the scenes, the blue and red contrasts ( and yellow matsuda XD )
Old 2007-06-27, 09:53   Link #89
Albert-Wesker 3rd

Damn a lot of Light lovers here.
Old 2007-06-27, 09:57   Link #90
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
I wouldn't say that people love him as a character as much as they find him a fascinating one. It would have definitely been interesting to see the kind of world Yagami would have pulled off had he won out the battle of the wits.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:17   Link #91
Albert-Wesker 3rd

You need to quit taking PCP. That stuff is going to kill you.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:24   Link #92
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Im so freakin disappointed in Light.
No plan C? Not even plan B?!

I personally would order Mikami to rip one page from the notebook, just in case when hidden one gets stolen or something.
Also, probably writing names of ppl I know to die few minutes after the meeting time, just in case something goes wrong.

Ending was cool, to bad we didnt got to see how the world turned out with out Kira.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:33   Link #93
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post

I personally would order Mikami to rip one page from the notebook, just in case when hidden one gets stolen or something.
Also, probably writing names of ppl I know to die few minutes after the meeting time, just in case something goes wrong.

Ending was cool, to bad we didnt got to see how the world turned out with out Kira.
What annoyed me is why Mikami had to go to the bank to use the Death Note to kill Takada in the first place? Why on earth didn't he have a piece of emergency Death Note ripped out and hidden somewhere more easily accessible? Light used to do that all the time (hell, he still did it at the very end with his watch), so why didn't Mikami do something similar?
Old 2007-06-27, 10:35   Link #94
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert-Wesker 3rd View Post
Damn a lot of Light lovers here.
Well, I for one only found myself to be one in this final episode, it made me realize how much I wanted him to suceed, despite thinking of him as a sick bastard throughout the series.

Maybe its because I cant stand to see Near win, if it were L I would have been satisfied, but not that little chibi wannabe version of him. -_-
Old 2007-06-27, 10:38   Link #95
^_Usagi_^
BaKa

I can't belive it's finally the end ;_;
I just hope they dont make any sad sequal & ruin a nice series, ( like that... Love Note doujin or smth, where there was actualy an eraser to bring back the ones killed with the DN ), but heck... I'm sure they will, cause it earns money
Old 2007-06-27, 10:38   Link #96
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
What annoyed me is why Mikami had to go to the bank to use the Death Note to kill Takada in the first place? Why on earth didn't he have a piece of emergency Death Note ripped out and hidden somewhere more easily accessible? Light used to do that all the time (hell, he still did it at the very end with his watch), so why didn't Mikami do something similar?
Because Ohba was sick of Death Note and wanted to put it to rest.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:39   Link #97
ItachiGT
Banned

YOu don't really understand it, well pathetic that Kira himself didn't understand it at the end.
It doesn't matter if he died or not. His world has already been created!
So Near does win this battle against his Kira in outsmarting him.
But doesn't matter at all cause in the end KIRA won and he will be the new KAMI-Sama!!
Old 2007-06-27, 10:52   Link #98
Draender

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
He may have had that piece of death note in the hidden compartment he made in his wallet. That was what he used to kill Naomi. Even if he did, because of his injuries, he could not write anymore.

Anyway, Near couldn't have won if he had not isolated Light in that warehouse and surrounded him by people who opposed Kira.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:57   Link #99
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draender View Post
He may have had that piece of death note in the hidden compartment he made in his wallet. That was what he used to kill Naomi. Even if he did, because of his injuries, he could not write anymore.

Anyway, Near couldn't have won if he had not isolated Light in that warehouse and surrounded him by people who opposed Kira.
I wasn't talking about Light. He had the spare Death Note in his watch at least so he was always on top of things as far as that goes. But Mikami.....he didn't have any spare Death Note around. Which seems really silly to me. He could have totally avoided going to the bank to use the Death Note had he simply had a spare piece of DN hidden away. Then Light's plan would have totally worked because Near would never have known where the real Death Note was.

But I suppose it's like someone else mentioned....the writer just wanted to end the series and didn't quite think everything through completely.
Old 2007-06-27, 10:58   Link #100
nightengale5385

WOW!! I'm still in tears! I can't believe it's over. Anime ening was much better than the manga IMO. Big thanks to the fansubbers!

As for the swimming lessons.....
Spoiler:

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-27 at 11:30. Reason: Large filesize!
Closed Thread