AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-18, 15:31   Link #2761
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
no i don't the VVV2 will become an ally, more than likely it will be the final battle against haruto in the second season in fall, and there is only one reason that woukd ever mean that the VVV2 would be on the side of the protagonist and that i if the VVV1 is destrored and that is haruto's mecha upgrade
Good speculation. That fits somewhat into my speculation that VVVI is damaged to the point where Haruto transfers to the better VVVII, while VVVI gets repaired + upgraded(without OS-tan) for L-Elf or Antagonist.

References: Gundam 00: Antagonist rides 0 Gundam, Setsuna goes back to Exia.
GSD: Gaia Gundam repaired and in hands of the good guys
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:43   Link #2762
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post

What I love with this series are the antagonist that features Jun Fukuyama and Mamoru Miyano.
You got a point there.

Lelouch and Light on the same side with Daisuke Ono (Hosaka/Yuuya Bridges/Sinbad) as their leader.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-05-18 at 15:53.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:45   Link #2763
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
he's not doing nothing, he's been gathering info and formulating a plan, his last few plans have failed for lack of info, when he tried to steal valvrave from haruto, he was possessed and is now labeled traitor, tried to bring the students over to his side he didn't realize the influence shoko had, so right now he is gathering all the info he can, like who can pilot the valvraves so he can continue his dorssia revolution plan
But ERU ERUFU is nothing like the one from the opening or ending. In the videos he is a depressed dude with a golden heart (That Bokujanai run hunts me) while in the series he is just a jerk. It's like if his development was postponed.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:47   Link #2764
Razdent

I'm not attempting to offend anyone's opinion of this particular anime but I honestly thought this show was supposed to be a parody because of the script (it's just my opinion but the dialogue and plot is beyond terrible). Probably going to end up dropping this anime until it's all done before I try to watch it again. I just wanted to know how the rest of you are taking this show. I can't seem to get into it...
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 15:47   Link #2765
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

formulating a plan, observing and gathering info/intel is something i would consider as doing nothing lol.

it won't matter next episode, since we're almost sure to see some ERU ERUFU action when his one eyed former bff infiltrates module 77.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 16:16   Link #2766
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm3747 View Post
I'm not attempting to offend anyone's opinion of this particular anime but I honestly thought this show was supposed to be a parody because of the script (it's just my opinion but the dialogue and plot is beyond terrible). Probably going to end up dropping this anime until it's all done before I try to watch it again. I just wanted to know how the rest of you are taking this show. I can't seem to get into it...
I'm not taking the plot seriously. It's like watching G Gundam.

I mean Senator Moses' badass/witty one liner and Haruto crying while saying "Monsters don't have feelings" make it look like the writer are aware of what they are doing.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 17:03   Link #2767
shadow1296

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-18, 17:16   Link #2768
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
cosplay
That fast, huh? Did not expect it until the seasonal break.
Quote:
Odd, I am still taking it seriously. I mean there are two political sides still fighting over the modules, so there is tension. This is a real robot series so it does have many realism elements to it (not counting the Valvrave weapons and vampires of course). If you ask me it is the characters that should be treated less seriously, the plot is still good.
Quote:
Daisuke Ono (Hosaka/Yuuya Bridges/Sinbad)
And Sven from Gundam SEED Destiny Stargazer. I am kind of surprised you didn't mention that with all the Gundam SEED referencing in this topic.
Quote:
ERU ERUFU has been floating and stalking everyone these past 2 episodes without doing nothing, i don't like that at all.
Seconded, I am hoping he is not demoted to background character like they did with Taii in Orguss.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 17:39   Link #2769
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
VV1 Haruto Tokishima (confirmed)
VV2 *Enemy has it*
VV3 Raizo Yamada (Sooner or later he would pilot this awesome VV3 that is power oriented if not for the possible Negima-like plot I just discovered.)
VV3 Shoko Sashinami
VV4 Saki Rukino (confirmed)
VV5 L-elf (I want to see L-elf kiss Haruto and make Valrave-tan acknowledge L-elf.)
VV6 Akira Renbōkoji (I doubt being voiced by Aoi Yuuki won't make Sunrise turn Akira into a Valrave user herself base from the site the abilities of VV6 matches Akira's technique very well.)

What I love with this series are the antagonist that features Jun Fukuyama and Mamoru Miyano.
L-Elf isn't getting any VVV and 3 is for Thunder. Seriously, watch the OP. It's impossible that the pilots for 3 and 5 aren't Raizo and Kyuuma.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 18:00   Link #2770
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
And Sven from Gundam SEED Destiny Stargazer. I am kind of surprised you didn't mention that with all the Gundam SEED referencing in this topic.
A slight miscalculation or should I say, I forgot.

Nice catch.
Old 2013-05-18, 18:05   Link #2771
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
ugh, ERU ERUFU has been floating and stalking everyone these past 2 episodes without doing nothing, i don't like that at all.
I wish L-Elf would stop being sneaky already too.

It's been too long... He needs to have Shoko answer for besting his plans by taking her out to dinner while Haruto watches from the bushes!

Watch my luck being that he ends up killing her or getting her killed instead.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 18:18   Link #2772
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

^ boku ja nai~
Old 2013-05-18, 18:33   Link #2773
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
A slight miscalculation or should I say, I forgot.

Nice catch.
No problem. If it is any consolation I had to look up the actor's name. I was also going to mention that he was also Woolf from Gundam Age and Kenji from Steel God Jeeg, but I doubt anyone would have cared. Also for those that are unfamiliar with Carmilla like I am:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmilla

Starting to wonder why Saki took the green Valvrave over the blue, the reference would have wrote itself perfectly. That is probably just me though.

Edit: Sorry shadow1296.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 18:39   Link #2774
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
No problem. If it is any consolation I had to look up the actor's name. I was also going to mention that he was also Woolf from Gundam Age and Kenji from Steel God Jeeg, but I doubt anyone would have cared. Also for those that are unfamiliar with Carmilla like I am:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmilla

Starting to wonder why Saki took the green Valvrave over the blue, the reference would have wrote itself perfectly. That is probably just me though.
this is why, i posted it a while ago

Quote:
y'know i think i finally understand why saki pilots greenvrave, its the dancer type
here me out each valvrave represents a different class in rpg red: swordsman, yellow: gunner, blue: archer, purple: spellcaster, but i couldn't remember what used discs or why saki was going to pilot it but after watching it seeing how it fights it looked like it dance around the battle field, then it hit me fists and discs are weapons found in the dancer class in rpgs and who better to pilot a mech of the dancer class than a former idol

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-05-18 at 19:13. Reason: forgot a comma
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 19:54   Link #2775
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm3747 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

I mean Senator Moses' badass/witty one liner and Haruto crying while saying "Monsters don't have feelings" make it look like the writer are aware of what they are doing.
Now you've done it! I mean, it doesn't take a serious or grim mood to take a mecha story seriously. The writer is definitely trying something different there and I hope you realize it soon. I didn't want to post this here at first, but you've provoked the flames, now prepare for the consequences. *jokes aside* here goes:

After hearing the complains and whining for the past few weeks, I seriously feel that this show is wrongly judged and misunderstood.

Valvrave is not about creating serious mood, dread, realities of war, struggles of morality, being emotional, complicated political intrigues, nor is it about complicated tactics or hard sci-fi.

No, Valvrave is about destroying your expectations and surprising you with its constant twists along the story. It creates a feeling that you never know what's going to happen next and keep you on your toes. So, why are there complaints about how a character doesn't turn out to be what you expect how he/she supposed to be or how the turn of events are not what you expect them to be, when this is what Valvrave does best? Being more open minded and having flexible expectations is the first step to enjoying this series.

Valvrave is about its quirky and amazing characters. Every character have their chance to shine. From the cool and analytical L-11, to the Optimistic and bright Shoko, to the ambitious and strong-willed Saki. It is precisely because they act so weird or goofy that makes them all the more interesting and likeable. Remember, this show is not aiming to create a serious mood, it aims to create an uplifting mood through quirky dialogues and ridiculous behaviours that are meant to amuse the audience and they certainly succeed. Does it make for bad writing or story telling? No, its doing something different from the crowd, not unlike Majestic Prince. So, again, why are people complaining about the writer trying something different. Calling Valvrave bad simply because of not creating a grim mood is simply stating that mecha is all about serious war and death, when its not. Please be more adaptive.

Valvrave is about interesting and amusing character interactions. To the dynamic between Haruto and Shoko, to the bro-ness between A-drei and L-11, to the clash of ideals between L-11 and Haruto, to the multi-faceted relationship betweeen Haruto and Saki, to the awesome dynamic between Saki and Shoko. Why does a character acting quirky or illogical means they're badly written? There are many sides to a single human, they are even more sides from person to person. So, again, put yourself in their shoes and know that people are different, have different circumstances, and have different histories. The characters acting weird is them being unique, and that shows they are or were in unique circumstances.

Valvrave is all about over the top events that make you go "what?" or "wow". Its not about realism or hard science. It doesn't have to be entirely logical or realistic. In the first place, the ultimate goal of fiction is not to create another reality (take note that I did not say it was not a goal), but to let the author's imagination roam, and for the audience bask in it. So, I say, screw realism, and bring me entertainment. I have to say in terms of impact, Valvrave definitely takes the cake. (Though I have to stress that the majority of events in Valvrave is entirely logical if you bother to think deeper).

If you can go past those ridiculous actions of the characters or the lack of realism in certain events, you'll find that Valvrave have good plot progression and character development. The events from the previous episodes have built up the ground work for many plot points from this point on. L-11 doing his research on the Valvraves and manipulating the strings, A-drei going for a confrontation with L-11 and their clash of thoughts and emotions, the dynamic between Haruto, Shoko and Saki, mystery of the Valvraves slowly getting unraveled, finding suitable pilots for the Valvraves and its effects on the students in question, Haruto's parent being involved in the development , the relationship between the white haired princess, A-drei and L-11, the body-switching ability and its implications, and the list goes on. There are many subtle hints dropped here and there and it really spiced up the story. How can people call the story a trainwreck when it managed to tie so many plot points together and integrate the characters in it so well? Not to mention, all the characters get to shine in all their uniqueness.

After all that ranting, I would like to say that Valvrave is by far one of the most unique and amazing show I've encountered. The story, characters, humor, mecha design, and action are just amazing There is just so many things to praise about it that no essay is going to be enough for it. For now, I'm just going to praise the mecha action. Its one of the best I've seen since OO along with Unicorn and akito the exiled.
Old 2013-05-18, 21:17   Link #2776
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Spoiler for for size:
wow thats quite the rant but i agree with most of what you said, the only problem i have with this series is how they are going to develop all the characters they introduced in a 26 episode series split between 2 seasons
Old 2013-05-18, 22:14   Link #2777
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
*snips*
Problem here is you're trying too hard to defend this show. You're not going to convince anyone at this point who's already made their mind about the show, really.

Personally, this is like Code Geass all over again. Code Geass was bad on so many levels, but it was entertaining to offset that. And Valvrave is like that: bad, yet still entertaining. However it's more because it's fun to LAUGH AT, rather than LAUGH WITH.
Old 2013-05-18, 22:31   Link #2778
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Problem here is you're trying too hard to defend this show. You're not going to convince anyone at this point who's already made their mind about the show, really.

Personally, this is like Code Geass all over again. Code Geass was bad on so many levels, but it was entertaining to offset that. And Valvrave is like that: bad, yet still entertaining. However it's more because it's fun to LAUGH AT, rather than LAUGH WITH.
Hmmm? There seems to be a misunderstanding. Changing the mind of those who dislike this show was never my intention. I'm just offering a new perspective so that those that already enjoyed this show would enjoy it even more, and put things into perspective for those who doesn't know why they enjoyed this show so much, and of course to tell those who dislike this show why I think this show is awesome and why I disagree with them. And hopefully, just hopefully, they would become more open.

Trust me, I've tried convincing others in other forums or blogs through reasoning and logic and 90% of the time it never works. I know what I'm doing.

Just being curious here: why would a show be bad if its entertaining? I assumed the entire point of entertainment is to, you know, get entertained. So, anything that entertains me is good in my book.

Whatever you might say about Valvrave though, quite frankly, I've never seen anything quite like it.
Add-on : btw, I feel that some of the haters' comments in MAL is more hilarious than anything.

One more thing, I'm not trying too hard to defend this show.
I'm defending it with my entire soul!!!! lol
Old 2013-05-18, 22:33   Link #2779
Key Board
Carbon

I can do both (laugh at and laugh with)

I can tell that there's a conscious effort from the staff which knows what the reaction of the audience will be.

So it's not a brainless unintentional comedy show to me. There is a method behind the madness, so to speak.

//
Old 2013-05-18, 22:40   Link #2780
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
wow thats quite the rant but i agree with most of what you said, the only problem i have with this series is how they are going to develop all the characters they introduced in a 26 episode series split between 2 seasons
I'm sure they'll focus on the Valvrave pilots in terms of character development. (current and yet to be known) and we're only quarter way through the series, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire