AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 15:33   Link #2821
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

I'm kind of surprised L-Elf has been off the screen time for so long. I mean goodness gracious, what is he doing?
Old 2013-05-19, 15:33   Link #2822
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Jeez, it's impossible due to Lelf being most asexual character of all.
I dunno about all that.

We all know he liked it when Haruto bit him.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:34   Link #2823
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Jeez, it's impossible due to Lelf being most asexual character of all.
He's just getting over his ex-boyfriend (now a stalker) and is confused by his feelings for Haruto.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:48   Link #2824
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He's just getting over his ex-boyfriend (now a stalker) and is confused by his feelings for Haruto.
Until further notice I'm going with this explanation.

Though really his options are kind of limited right now. He can't go back to the Dorssian fleet, he failed in his bid to win Haruto over to his side completely and has no real allies. He's following what is kind of the logical course of action right now which is to observe the developing situation and bidehis time for an opportunity to make a new play. Seeing Saki get into the VValvrave and not getting exploded could see him trying to make a move on one or her.

Btw I loved how Shokos way of telling that Haruto didn't make those posts is knowing that he's so wishy washy that he'd never give extra credit to an individual. I don't think that i've ever seen a show where an MCs relative blandness has been used as a plot point and made sense in the context of how its used. It also points to the creators being very much aware of how wishy washy and unambitious a character is. I also find it amusing how Shoko seems to find it endearing for whatever reason. Maybe there's more to it though.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:00   Link #2825
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I don't think that i've ever seen a show where an MCs relative blandness has been used as a plot point and made sense in the context of how its used.
You might want to check out Infinite Ryvius. :3 (There's a reason why some of us have been comparing Valvrave to that show...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:22   Link #2826
Destined_Fate

It's because Shoko loves her some Haruto but he blew it with his failed Confession! They're also childhood friends so it's understandable she would see such things in a good light because it's Haruto.
Old 2013-05-19, 17:13   Link #2827
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm kind of surprised L-Elf has been off the screen time for so long. I mean goodness gracious, what is he doing?
Actually, he's been doing more than most of the main cast. In the week that the other students and Haruto were just goofing off and singing and dancing, he's been investigating the secrets of the labs beneath the school as well as the Valvraves themselves. As of this point, he has found out about the contracts the pilots make with the mechs, the powers they get including the body-swapping, he's be able to hack all the cameras and security systems in the school. He was able to get the school's files and figured out that the entire school and students was a setup for the Valvrave program. He's been able to set up experiments involving the mechs to find out more about them.

He's been doing pretty good intelligence/espionage work considering it's only been last week or so.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 17:39   Link #2828
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The idea is suppose to be that he's investigating and formulating a plan. A lot of this seems to involve him looking at a computer screen or simply observing. So it's understandable that they aren't focusing on him too much as that doesn't make for interesting viewing (well for this kind of anime, I guess).

Now that he figures the students are a part of the experiment he's going to get back out into the crowd it seems. That, or he spots A-Drei and he's trying to run interference.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 17:45   Link #2829
Key Board
Carbon

I feel like I know less about Aina and Kyuuma than the hikki girl.
Old 2013-05-19, 18:08   Link #2830
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
The counterpart to that is Majestic Prince. Both have color-coded mecha.
Majestic is more Gundam than Valvrave. Valvrave has more Macross 7 in it.

Part of their plan for defeating Dorssia is winning public opinion through social media...

- music video
- superstar idol Saki in giant robot wanting to be the most famous pop star in a giant robot ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Honestly this is like Macross + Code Geas + Gundam + Any thinkable mecha even created.

But about that Gundam part.

-Teenager get superrobot by chance
-fight against group of persistent named characters who from some reason are also teenagers and where at least one have some relation to protagonist.
-Dorsia
-Always outnumbered
-Valvravejack
okay, it has some parts inspired by Gundam but which mecha war anime doesn't?

It has more Macross and Code Geass influences.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 18:14   Link #2831
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

Part of their plan for defeating Dorssia is winning public opinion through social media...

- music video
- superstar idol Saki in giant robot wanting to be the most famous pop star in a giant robot ever

You know, this might be right. For me, though, episode 7 reminded me of Macross Frontier... When Saki was piloting, she really made me think of Sheryl Nome (even her backstory, a bit). Admittedly, Sheryl never quite piloted a mech successfully, but Saki's character really reminds me of her.....
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 18:21   Link #2832
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
You know, this might be right. For me, though, episode 7 reminded me of Macross Frontier... When Saki was piloting, she really made me think of Sheryl Nome (even her backstory, a bit). Admittedly, Sheryl never quite piloted a mech successfully, but Saki's character really reminds me of her.....
Macross Frontier is the newest Macross. Macross Frontier takes place after Macross 7, btw. They're in the same universe.

Macross 7 is ancient anime. A rock band in giant robots fighting w/ music.

Valvrave... vampire pilots in super robots fighting Dorssia in space and on "youtube/facebook/twitter" with music videos and their own reality show.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 18:28   Link #2833
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

- music video

okay, it has some parts inspired by Gundam but which mecha war anime doesn't?

It has more Macross and Code Geass influences.
Actualy I would say it's vice versa, while Valvrave use many elements from macross it doesn't use it's themes. In gundam case there is both elements AND themes.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 18:54   Link #2834
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I would say it's vice versa, while Valvrave use many elements from macross it doesn't use it's themes. In gundam case there is both elements AND themes.
Who knows.

Maybe the show makes the reference to no show, or it makes the reference to showbiz. Saki is the former ido, and she acts more mature than her age. She's probably like Persona 4's Risa. Risa puts on the face for the show. Saki may not like it, but she may like it after she quits. I remember Saki also says something about dirty adults. It's perhaps the popular speculation to JPN's showbiz. Some performers get the chance to be on silver screen, by sleeping with producers. Well, it's just a popular rumor. It may not be the source, because anime cannot be that dark.

One particular thing is...VVV doesn't transform to other machine. So, it may has the element of older robot anime: Ironman 28, Daimashin, etc.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 20:47   Link #2835
larethian

Hah, finally a subforum. I don't feel that this series deserves one, but it was really difficult to sift through the info I was interested in, so kudos anyway.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:00   Link #2836
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Graphic Designer

The comedy in this series made it good enough to get a subforum.
Old 2013-05-19, 21:27   Link #2837
7Th
Mixtape

Remember how I've been saying that the pilots for the remaining VVVs are Thunder, Kyuma and Akira? Official merchandise pretty much proves me right:

Kyuma, Raizo and Akira are getting more merch than the rest of the cast. Specially Kyuuma; the fact that he hasn't done anything yet he is getting so much merch is pretty telling.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:38   Link #2838
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Who the F is Kyuma? I honestly can't remember who he is or what he did. lol

I can understand Delinquent guy getting Thunderzord, while Hikkikomori girl getting AWACszord, but why Kyuma? Couldn't they have given it to the otaku guy instead? XD

And bummer, this got a sub-forum. Well, it was fun while it lasted with the megathread.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:42   Link #2839
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

@ DragoonKain3

Haruto's best male friend
Old 2013-05-19, 21:49   Link #2840
Destined_Fate

Shoko as a pilot...?

She's next to L-Elf instead of Haruto.

YES!

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire