AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-09-12, 21:46   Link #9421
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This week was very focused on Alleria. Things got rather intriguing with her. Seems that there is something she is hiding from Turalyon. An ethereal seems to have been in communication with Alleria for quite some time and has gradually convinced her that in order to defeat the stuff coming from The Void, Alleria has to partially absorb shadow into her in order to do so. That completes the zone line and unlocks the Netherlight Crucible for extra Artifact traits. How Alleria will fare taking this gamble is anyone's guess. But at this rate, Turalyon is on one extreme, Illidan on the other and Alleria in the middle.
Old 2017-09-15, 13:37   Link #9422
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think it is good that they are advancing story and have finally brought those last missing characters back after teasing them being alive since TBC.

I still need to get back into the game. I think I stopped playing halfway though patch 7.1 or was it 7.1.5? Before the Tomb raid opened up.
Old 2017-09-16, 06:27   Link #9423
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I think it is good that they are advancing story and have finally brought those last missing characters back after teasing them being alive since TBC.

I still need to get back into the game. I think I stopped playing halfway though patch 7.1 or was it 7.1.5? Before the Tomb raid opened up.
They're being generous in doing so. WQs now grant 880+ gear. Grindable stuff from Argus WQs give 910 gear. AP multiplier is pretty high. Follower gear allows jumping straight to 900 initially then to the new cap of 925 once the Argus chain is done.
Old 2017-09-21, 20:06   Link #9424
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

It does seem like we're awfully close to the end of the tale.

The Burning Legion has been the main antagonist of the series since forever, the Emerald Dream story threads was just dangling since Vanilla, mystery to what happened to the heroes of WC2 has also been hanging in limbo, same goes for fate of the titans, etc, etc.

And in mere ONE expansion all these dangling plot threads that's been keeping us hanging for over a decade got answered and closed one after another. As epic as it feels to have the Burning Legion destroyed, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras story brought to an end, Argus and the Draenei story line gets a full closure, Emerald Dream and its dragons get closure with death of Xavior, it all feels like they're wrapping this up FAST.

Basically the only thing left now is the Old Gods and Azeroth storyline, closure for Jaina and Sylvanas, and Queen Azshera.
Which can all be solved with one expansion.

I'm ok with the next expansion being the final one and Blizzard moving on to another MMO though, I'll most likely move on to whatever comes next.
Old 2017-09-22, 05:18   Link #9425
Wigwams

The old gods are just servants of the Void Lords, who have infested countless worlds with their own set of old gods.

Remember the reason Sargeras created the burning legion was because of the void lords. With the burning legion defeated, the void lords have also lost their main enemy.
Old 2017-09-22, 15:30   Link #9426
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Void Lords should stay in the shadows, to be quite frank.
Not only are they absurdly cosmic, but there's also absolutely no significant lore leading up to them.

Every major antagonists we've been facing have been deeply seeded in Warcraft Lore.
With Azshera and N'Zoth gone, and perhaps Azeroth taken care of (healed, converted, whatever) the story of Warcraft basically would be getting a closure.
Old 2017-09-22, 17:34   Link #9427
Wigwams

Not the direction blizz is taking i think. Making Alleria someone connected to the void hints there is more to come. Have you listened to the 3 part audio book just released? The void got alot of attention there.

There is also alot of speculation that Azeroth has been corrupted, all those whispers and stuffs and especially the one with "in the hour of her 3rd death..."
Old 2017-09-22, 17:59   Link #9428
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
Not the direction blizz is taking i think. Making Alleria someone connected to the void hints there is more to come. Have you listened to the 3 part audio book just released? The void got alot of attention there.

There is also alot of speculation that Azeroth has been corrupted, all those whispers and stuffs and especially the one with "in the hour of her 3rd death..."
I'm talking about the metaphorical here.
Everything we faced had deep lore behind it, plot threads leading up to it throughout the decade spanning storytelling.

Void Lords doesn't. It's just shoved in there with Chronicles not too long ago, and thus its lore presence is practically an abrupt retcon. Unlike the closure of decade long threats we're seeing in this expansion and likely the next, Void Lords has practically ZERO attachment for the players.

Yes, the whole "remember these guys? They were really the big bad all this time!" retcon has been done before, but FIFTEEN YEARS ago with Sargeras and the Burning Legion in Warcraft 3. We've had plenty of time to get familiar with their presence in the past decade. They were distant past retcon, not current one. If they were going to move the story to fight Void Lords, and base a whole expansion for it after the next one, they needed to start much earlier - like around Wrath or Cata - for it to be significant part of the lore.

Thus, it feels immensely out of place by comparison to develop further expansions on it.
Old 2017-09-27, 02:04   Link #9429
Jaden

Fair point, though if we scrapped the void lords, it'd leave the question "if not void lords, then what?".

We learned quite long ago about how Sargeras betrayed the other Titans and founded the Legion, but we never found out why. And we had the Old Gods whose reasons for existing were always a mystery. I think it's cool that we're getting answers to these things, even if it takes some asspull.

It's true that they are a bit too "cosmic in scale" to be relevant, but just because we learn about these things doesn't mean we're taking the fight to them, and that the next expansion will somehow feature them as raid bosses. That'd be stupid. I expect that they will remain out of reach for mortal forces, and that we'll still be relegated to fending off their proxies and corruption in an eternal tug of war.

Last edited by Jaden; 2017-09-27 at 02:16.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 05:50   Link #9430
Wigwams

Next expansion is most likely Jaina related, she is the centerpiece for the blizzcon 2017 logo.

Probably gonna be Kul Tiras and the surrounding area, dealing with Queen Azshara and her old god N'zoth.

Then a hook on the void lords and azeroth's world soul for the next expansion.

Oh and 1 last thing, remember that anduin comic where he was old and about to go to the "only one more battle to be fought", velen said that "that the Light will triumph over the Shadow this day". initially i assumed the fight against the legion would last that long, but we are gonna beat them now. good chance it is the fight vs the void lords that will last until anduin ages into an old man.

Last edited by Wigwams; 2017-09-29 at 06:53.
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-01, 14:06   Link #9431
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Honestly and Free Marsy made the grand final for the Mythic Dungeon Invitiational!

Both APAC region. Both specifically Australia/New Zealand.

ANZAC PRIDE!

Raider.Io were talked up as the guaranteed winners. Europe talked as the region superior to all. NA was assumed to get the other slot. Not so.

Oceania/APAC make their mark. Hope the Bo5 final is a cracker!
Old 2017-10-01, 16:41   Link #9432
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ugh if Alleria goes bad and all that junk I'm done with Blizzard story telling.
Old 2017-10-01, 17:56   Link #9433
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

To simply make Alleria turn the moment she appears after being 'missing' for most of the franchise would be stupid.

As far as I see it, Sylvanas is on one extreme, Vereesa on the other and Alleria treading a line somewhere between with its own risks. Furthermore, I can't see Alleria and Sylvanas not having a clash. Something has to happen between these three sisters with how vastly different things have gone for all three.

If anything, wouldn't Alleria be a link to a Void Lords expansion if it does eventuate?

As for the Mythic Dungeon Invitational grand final...well....that was something....

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2017-10-01 at 18:31.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 20:11   Link #9434
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Soooo, how about we settle the old differences with a three way Windrunner event? Mud is an option.
Old 2017-10-10, 07:30   Link #9435
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

People think the Alliance is gonna have some kind of problem with itself.

At this point? I doubt it... any thing that tries to seperate the Horde is gonna be met with "Wait.. somethings not right we have to help____"
Old 2017-10-25, 03:22   Link #9436
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Has anyone seen the datamined stuff about playable subraces potentially being added next expansion?

Specifically...
Spoiler for sub-races:

Exciting stuff.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 07:16   Link #9437
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sounds nice.

I'm still a bit behind, having not played much in the last nine months. Going to basically need to play through a bunch of content for lore reasons...at the same time. Also needing to gear up since my ilvl is something like 845 since I never did Mythics and only finished the first raid before stopping due to working too many nights, or having only single days off at a time and too many things to catch up on each time before gaming. Having my schedule shifted slightly so that I might actually get to play with my guild from time to time might help a bit.
Old 2017-10-25, 10:25   Link #9438
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Sounds nice.

I'm still a bit behind, having not played much in the last nine months. Going to basically need to play through a bunch of content for lore reasons...at the same time. Also needing to gear up since my ilvl is something like 845 since I never did Mythics and only finished the first raid before stopping due to working too many nights, or having only single days off at a time and too many things to catch up on each time before gaming. Having my schedule shifted slightly so that I might actually get to play with my guild from time to time might help a bit.
Utilise everything in Argus to get up past 900.
Old 2017-10-27, 17:01   Link #9439
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Has anyone seen the datamined stuff about playable subraces potentially being added next expansion?

Specifically...
Spoiler for sub-races:

Exciting stuff.
Is the pre-expansion patch out already? If not, how would it have been datamined? Just skeptical because I feel like this kind of thing has been falsely rumored since Cataclysm.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 18:12   Link #9440
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is the pre-expansion patch out already? If not, how would it have been datamined? Just skeptical because I feel like this kind of thing has been falsely rumored since Cataclysm.
Patch 7.3 added some new races in the background that are wired up for character creation complete with select and create screen backgrounds (reused from main races) and player selectable customisation options. Only one of them actually has fully working models though.

Spoiler for Datamining:

Last edited by Tokkan; 2017-10-27 at 18:40.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows