AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-08-23, 23:17   Link #1641
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
Because they killed Cthulu with a BOAT. You couldn't kill Ryoko with a boat. Besides, Ryoko promises action on the economy.

Welcome to asakura-sama's world.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 10:08   Link #1642
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=299

Haruhi won by a comfortable margin, but not quite the landslide. I don't know how effective my lobbying was, maybe five or ten of you guys heeded my call? I don't think it'll be more than that. Stand up and identify yourselves, you closet Haruhi-ists!

Now if even Haruhi's margin is not as big as expected, there could be danger for Mikuru and Yuki, who will both be on the day after tomorrow, the 26th that is. I shall try my best and muster as many Mikuru-ists and Yuki-ists that lurk in ASuki as possible.

SuzuHaru, despite being one of the few shows that really make a difference in terms of popularity and animation quality, still has a quite fledgling fanbase. So all Haruhi-ists must be careful of being too complacent.

I know I may be contradicting meself when I say this, but still do try to have fun and not take this too seriously.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 10:26   Link #1643
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

It's not that unexpected that Haruhi did not get a landslide. ReinforceII IS rather popular( and had it been another LN A's character like Vita, I myself would have voted for Vita instead of Haruhi). Yakumo and Alicia had no real competitors in their respective groups( of which I am rather glad for in Yakumo's case).

Honestly speaking, the only TMoSH character I would vote for is Nagato Yuki. Unless her group contains Raquel from Scrapped Princess( or certain other anime females). In which case, I would abstain. :P
Old 2006-08-24, 12:20   Link #1644
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Geez... Raquel vs Yuki... that would be even worse than this whole Reinforce vs Haruhi thing.

Saimoe is the crucible in which our faith is tested, truly...
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 12:23   Link #1645
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I might have voted if there were any characters I really know about or have even heard of in this tournament. It would probably have to have been held in the 1980's or 1990's with characters from that era for me to even have a clue. That's why I've been working rapidly over the summer to learn as much about the popular modern shows as I can, I must attain knowledge and not seem like I'm in the dark.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 04:01   Link #1646
NeoSam

Suzumiya Haruhi Fan Book got released today , if someone is interested some details are in this post.
Old 2006-08-25, 09:59   Link #1647
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=321

Call to arms to all Haruhi-ists again, especially those of the hidden sub-faction known as "Yuki-ists".

With Haruhi's decrease in vote count still fresh in memory, I'm once again attempting to rouse as many Mikuru-ists and Yuki-ists to not let complacency set in and move their arses at once.

Mikuru seems to be the one with more risk, facing off with the Nanoha and Higurashi fanbase. Remember what happened to Tsuruya-san and Ryoko, the former was even clear favourite to progress, only to succumb to a last-hour surge in School Rumble voters. So vote away and bring the SOS Brigade trio into the second round. Every eligible vote counts.

I just want the three main girls at least to do well in the early stages, that's all. No sinister agenda whatsoever. Just like how I want my favourite football team to win every game. I may win no prizes myself, but I get enjoyment and satisfaction in return for being part of the ride.
Old 2006-08-25, 10:09   Link #1648
LCeh

So the voting starts in about an hour? (More like 50 minutes by now) When do I need to generate the code by?
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 10:19   Link #1649
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Yanmama I am not concerned but Shion I am.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 10:58   Link #1650
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
So the voting starts in about an hour? (More like 50 minutes by now) When do I need to generate the code by?
It's available now. Now go help the girls.

The code is available between 2330 (previous day) to 2304, Japan Standard Time. eg Code for 15th will be out on 2330 of the 14th to 2304 of the 15th.
Old 2006-08-25, 12:01   Link #1651
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=321

Call to arms to all Haruhi-ists again, especially those of the hidden sub-faction known as "Yuki-ists".

With Haruhi's decrease in vote count still fresh in memory, I'm once again attempting to rouse as many Mikuru-ists and Yuki-ists to not let complacency set in and move their arses at once.

Mikuru seems to be the one with more risk, facing off with the Nanoha and Higurashi fanbase. Remember what happened to Tsuruya-san and Ryoko, the former was even clear favourite to progress, only to succumb to a last-hour surge in School Rumble voters. So vote away and bring the SOS Brigade trio into the second round. Every eligible vote counts.

I just want the three main girls at least to do well in the early stages, that's all. No sinister agenda whatsoever. Just like how I want my favourite football team to win every game. I may win no prizes myself, but I get enjoyment and satisfaction in return for being part of the ride.
i shall also voting for the alien yuki

Quote:
Haruhi won by a comfortable margin, but not quite the landslide. I don't know how effective my lobbying was, maybe five or ten of you guys heeded my call? I don't think it'll be more than that. Stand up and identify yourselves, you closet Haruhi-ists!
raise hand ... but i think you knew it
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 15:07   Link #1652
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(definitely gonna raise my hands here as well)

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-25, 22:08   Link #1653
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
whats that supposed to mean -_-;
sound like some secretive butt**** XD
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 09:55   Link #1654
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Thanks to everyone (even if it's only a handful) who heeded my call to arms. Both Mikuru and Yuki have progressed to the second round, winning by an emphatic margin.

Mikuru is going to face tough opposition in the second round, against Yakumo from School Rumble and Haruka from Mai Otome on Sept 20th, so she's going to need all the Haruhi-ists out there.
Old 2006-08-26, 11:22   Link #1655
velocity7

The list of things Haruhi has to do this summer has been rapidly changing still... now the list is changing items randomly. ^^;
Old 2006-08-26, 11:24   Link #1656
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
The list of things Haruhi has to do this summer has been rapidly changing still... now the list is changing items randomly. ^^;
Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-26, 11:47   Link #1657
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
So where did Haruhi get the idea that all beaches should have pirate treasure buried in them??
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 11:53   Link #1658
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Don't read if you don't want to know anything that might spoil the novel:

Old 2006-08-28, 17:49   Link #1659
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Well I'll be damned! There were actual changes, additions, and touch-ups between the broadcast version and the DVD version. Though in all honesty, I didn't really noticed them.

Check them out here:

http://flower-thief.seesaa.net/article/22753703.html

This made me laugh:

http://flower-thief.up.seesaa.net/image/mikuru.gif
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 18:11   Link #1660
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i kinda suprised that they added some scenes and improve the animation
well then the DVDs are now worth to buy them all
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote