wuhugm
Confused Shark

wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-20, 20:19   Link #102
zeando
maybenotimome

Spoiler for about copies sold:
For some reason autotranslators turn 葬送のフリーレン into Funeral Freelance
An other site for katakana translation turns Frieren(フリーレン) into: freehling, frieling or frilling

Chapter 23:
Glad to see the adventure finally moves on, and goes back to the feel of the first chapters. Slow leisure.

It's surprising how many fake copies of Flamme's grimorie are around, was there someone specifically to make all those fakes, or was it a trend to copy the great mage of humans?

Stark continues to act the opposite of his raw power. But since Fern seems to take too much from the quiet Frieren, having Stark being noisy balances things out.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-20, 21:42   Link #103
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post

It's surprising how many fake copies of Flamme's grimorie are around, was there someone specifically to make all those fakes, or was it a trend to copy the great mage of humans?

Stark continues to act the opposite of his raw power. But since Fern seems to take too much from the quiet Frieren, having Stark being noisy balances things out.
Flamme intentionally kept a low profile and kept most things to herself to prevent the demons from finding out about her magic. Of course she can't entirely control what other people do, but having misleading tales only works to her benefit.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-21, 00:34   Link #104
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
Probably more like a profitable business, like selling fake relics IRL. And it's been 1000 years. Lots of times for fakes to get made.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-22, 17:59   Link #105
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Shadow5YA and Anh_Minh both have good points about this. But about the latter: even with that, there are so many fakes around; you'll find one in any town or city it seems.

Anyway. Kind of interesting that there's no law in that town not using formal speech when talking to nobility or royalty. I'm surprised. Normally there would be such a thing.
Old 2020-10-22, 22:16   Link #106
Tenzen12

I am thinking real deal might be coded in fakes.
Old 2020-10-23, 16:50   Link #107
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I doubt it since the fakes could be made by copies or something like that. Unless same code was made on each fakes, that's where Frieren might be able to look for some clues.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 17:37   Link #108
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What if Flamme never wrote a grimoire to begin with and all grimoires being advertised as such are fake?
Old 2020-10-23, 18:34   Link #109
James Rye

I think Flamme wrote a original grimoire and then took it apart and put few real pages in many fake grimoires. Maybe you even need a certain magic spell to read it, kinda like trick ink which shows up when the paper is warmed up a little.
Old 2020-10-23, 19:37   Link #110
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Would she make fakes herself? If she did write one, maybe she just scattered the pages throughout the land and people found and put them in grimoires over time.
Old 2020-10-24, 00:47   Link #111
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The gag might be that Frieren, Flamme's disciple, actually had the grimoire all along.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 03:38   Link #112
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I doubt it since the fakes could be made by copies or something like that. Unless same code was made on each fakes, that's where Frieren might be able to look for some clues.
Yes, that's the idea.
Old 2020-10-24, 04:45   Link #113
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, that's the idea.
That means she needs to look for another book as well. If the same and identical fakes are exactly the same, she can start working on the clues.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 17:48   Link #114
Twi

So this updated. Once more we are reminded by that Funeral in the title.
Old 2020-10-27, 18:13   Link #115
zeando
maybenotimome

Chapter 24:

Quite many things to look at:
-Fern drew the short stick in this chapter: having to carry Stark, protecting Frieren from perverts, having Frieren stealing the blanket
-Fern pointing out about the age of Frieren memories, the cabin being something from around 80 years back, could not have been the same. Some other things may follow the same assumption. Assuming Frieren will rely again on some other of her old memories.
-Kraft: first other elf in the serie in the present, wonder if we will ever see more later on, maybe one or two more would be nice.
-Kraft: surviving the freezing cold by squatting like a boss. Even saving other lives with his muscles (Stark)
-Kraft looked a bit sad when he smiled, after Stark told him he felt like someone famous, because of his strength, wonder what Kraft did in the past
-the goddess of creation, who looks just like a cute angel, often believed in more for philosophical reasons than for manifest presence in the world. From the looks of the image summoned by Frieren, the goddess has long ears too. Maybe just a detail with no importance.
-calling Frieren "young", even if that comment was probably more about maturity than age, still raises the question of how old Kraft is. I would guess something between 2 to max 3 times Frieren age, so around 2500 years. Assuming Frieren is actually still a kid, teen or very young adult, by elven standards.
-at least there are still statues everywhere of the hero party, and some, rarely, still know about Frieren. Even the great human mage Flamme is still known, from 1000 years apart. It would seem in the case of Kraft, his great achievements are more far back than that.
-Aureole, the destination of Frieren, was called some times heaven, or implied to be related to each other if they are actually different places. Kraft said the goddess is supposed to be in heaven, so Aureole. Wonder if than means the party of Frieren will have a chance to see the goddess once they reach their destination, or if only the dead in Aureole see her.
-the Elven Wish seems to be, to be remembered. So older elves like Kraft more easily rely on the goddess once they lose all the living able to remember their acts.
Here i would note that while it's true things in the far past of elves are forgotten, that shouldn't mean the same elves can't make new things to be remembered. So it's not as much as to be remembered as person, remember the name and that's it, but to remember the great achievements which define the person.
-Frieren saying she has already someone honouring her memory (Heiter), and then remembering Heiter is already dead, thus conceding Heiter was in heaven, so he is still honoring her, was quite the punch in the gut.
-see ya, in some centuries maybe, a very elf thing to say

-6 months gone by
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 19:36   Link #116
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Deep chapter
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 20:23   Link #117
Twi

And people wondered why I thought they'd seriously spend 2 years waiting for her to get out of that Jail Cell when you can lose half a year in a chapter...
Old 2020-10-28, 08:56   Link #118
James Rye

I expected a bit more of a "first since 300 years" meeting between two elves, they are really emotionally impaired. I bet Kraft (Strength/Power) is like 3k+ years old and probably was also part of a hero squad doing great things but that has been so long in the past that people forgot about it, his statutes have crumbled and the only thing keeping him going is the belief that there is a goddess who will tell him he did good with his life.
Pretty sad.
Frieren is probably around 1100 to 1300 years old given she is called "young" by Kraft but had a millennia of training behind her.

I wonder they will meet again, if they do meet while Fern and Stark are still alive then it wasn't centuries (obviously) but if they do meet in a couple centuries then I wonder if it will be like the last chapter, a grown up looking Frieren who has a couple more centuries on her back and Kraft asking her how her life has been since the last time they had met.
Old 2020-10-28, 14:00   Link #119
Twi

That'd honestly be a good final chapter if he met up with her again under those circumstances.
Old 2020-10-28, 16:02   Link #120
James Rye

Also does anyone think that Kraft was perhaps also a Hero comrade but like several thousand years in the past? His words seem to speak that he had done great deeds but it is so long in the past that nobody even knows his name, not even an Elf when he asks her if she knows his name, meaning his name alone used to be a real story-telling thing.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party