AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2020-12-28, 19:43   Link #61
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, with the perfect storm of things going for it...

Demon Slayer is now the highest-grossing film in Japan of all time.

Actually, this kinda makes me a little sad. Not because Spirited Away managed to hold on for 19 years, but rather... well, let's put it like this: any stand-alone movies like Ghibli mean you can go into the movie blind. Or rather, there's no prerequisite to watching the movie. But now... well, if someone wants to see the #1 movie in Japan, it means they first have to go through about 10 hours of the anime series in order to understand the movie... and in normal times, people just don't have that kind of time.
well recently there was a rerun of the anime in Japan
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-29, 13:20   Link #62
bastek66

Not just rerun but also compilation of episodes 22-26
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-14-20/.167840
Old 2020-12-30, 12:57   Link #63
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-japan/.168009

It's Japan's equivalent of Grammy and this is the first time an anime song won song of the year
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-31, 10:39   Link #64
MCAL

It really cannot be stopped, huh?

Wonder if it will hit 40 billion?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-21, 03:11   Link #65
Guido
Osaka in my Pocket

Good news for Latinamericans, Demon Slayer: Infinity Train has an official release date in Mexico and the rest of Latin America for next April, the 22nd; one day before the film's release date in the USA.

Source: https://www.bitme.gg/noticias/anime/...rica-en-abril/
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-25, 23:04   Link #66
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Didn’t quite take the weekend #1 spot at the US box office (though it would have if it’d opened on more screens) but it did set the record for best opening by a foreign language film.

https://twitter.com/jljzen/status/13...377629187?s=21
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 01:00   Link #67
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Didn’t quite take the weekend #1 spot at the US box office (though it would have if it’d opened on more screens) but it did set the record for best opening by a foreign language film.

Well, you have to take into account that the film is rated R, this decreases the access to it a little.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 08:39   Link #68
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Saw it yesterday in theaters with my sister who is a big fan of the series, since she'd just reached her two weeks after her second covid shot. Wasn't entirely caught up, but it was really quite entertaining and looked damn good on the big screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Well, you have to take into account that the film is rated R, this decreases the access to it a little.
Demon Slayer making just short of 20 million opening weekend in the US is kind of absurd when you factor in everything.

-R rated animation
-Subtitled foreign film
-Not a stand alone entry for its series
-Corona

It doing about double the optimistic estimates is damn impressive.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 20:13   Link #69
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Saw it yesterday in theaters with my sister who is a big fan of the series, since she'd just reached her two weeks after her second covid shot. Wasn't entirely caught up, but it was really quite entertaining and looked damn good on the big screen.

Demon Slayer making just short of 20 million opening weekend in the US is kind of absurd when you factor in everything.

-R rated animation
-Subtitled foreign film
-Not a stand alone entry for its series
-Corona

It doing about double the optimistic estimates is damn impressive.
I don't know about other theater chains, but my brother and I went and saw it at a Cinemark theater this weekend, and they had social distancing sitting, which cut down significantly the number of people that could see a showing. When I bought my tickets most of the seats were greyed out, yet the theater was barely a 1/3rd full if that. So, considering all that, still a pretty good take away for the movie.
Old 2021-04-26, 23:38   Link #70
bastek66

Guys, it leaked on playstations store
Old 2021-04-27, 05:38   Link #71
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's always fun to see the reaction & opinion of a non-anime fan middle-age dude who saw the movie with no idea of what it's all about

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-05-01, 11:44   Link #72
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Went to the theater even though the movie got leaked, since I wanted to see it on the big screen, and it didn't disappoint. I certainly wouldn't say it was the greatest movie of all time or anything. The quality of the show was consistent with what the TV series has already done.

The biggest plus in my book was the ending fight, and, obv movie spoilers, how Rengoku died. Very rare that a character from the main series gets killed in a movie. But then again, if I heard correctly, this was just the arc following the TV series, so more than a movie, it was an extension of the TV series in movie format. Still, it was enjoyable to watch and had all the little tickboxes that made previous arcs in the series great; the fight scenes, Nezuko being cute, Tanjiro being pure, Inosuke being... well, Inosuke(funny dream sequence); same for Zenitsu; it was cute how he was protecting Nezuko in his sleep .

Rengoku vs upper #3 fight was phenomenal. Was rooting for Rengoku to win, even if it costed him his life. Unfortunately, he didn't come out on top. It was interesting to see where the Hashira stacked up against the upper Ranks though. I thought they were all pretty haughty during their introductions and deserved to be taken down a peg. Tanjiro/Nezuko did do that in a way, but still felt like they had a certain arrogance that would make them unlikeable. It was good to see that Rengoku was more considerate and noble than I thought he was, particularly accepting Nezuko in his final moments.

Also glad they didn't give Tanjiro or anyone "shounen power-ups" to be able to help. It's just as he said; he gets stronger, then immediately runs into another large hurdle. In a way, it feels like the powercreep is coming a bit too fast; he barely stood a chance against lower Ranks, and now he's managing to take on the strongest lower rank in terms of blood(assuming lower One's newly acquired blood from Muzan in ep 26 put him(?) in a tier above his(?) deceased compatriots).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's always fun to see the reaction & opinion of a non-anime fan middle-age dude who saw the movie with no idea of what it's all about
They were kinda of annoying, probably because they were making fun of the series(I dunno, rubbed me the wrong way), but had its funny moments too.

Last edited by frubam; 2021-05-01 at 12:38.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 08:35   Link #73
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
In a way, it feels like the powercreep is coming a bit too fast; he barely stood a chance against lower Ranks, and now he's managing to take on the strongest lower rank in terms of blood(assuming lower One's newly acquired blood from Muzan in ep 26 put him(?) in a tier above his(?) deceased compatriots).
The first use of Dance of the Fire God proved that the Lower Moons ultimately won't pose much threat to him, but he needs to master his breathing if he wants to spam his stronger techniques without recoil.

After Lower Moon 5, Rui was defeated by Tomioka, Tanjirou at least trained for 40 days in the Butterfly Mansion + the recovery time, so he mastered Total Concentration: Constant, which also improves physical fitness drastically.

Enmu was already Lower Moon 1 before Muzan gave him an extra dose of blood. Is he stronger than the rest though? Who knows. If a Blood Battle can change their ranks, he is probably undefeated or unchallanged. I don't think he was strong at all physically, but his Blood Demon Art is annoying as heck to deal with, so he probably could knock Rui out with his sleep spell, as well as the rest. But his indirect and cautious approach against the demon hunters made him peak at Lower Moon level. Maybe if he really would have eaten 200 passangers, he could have knocked on Upper Moon Six's door, but we will never know. Upper Moons are unchanged for a reason for a century or so.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote