AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-13, 04:43   Link #781
vspirit
...huh?

^haha i wouldn't classify him as an a-hole. Jade, I would, due to that mean streak of his...though when he shows it (which is quite often), he does it with style. Classy a-hole, that Jade is. Luke's more moron-class. xDD

And Guy...well...haha. Hopefully he'll get over it soon. =) Otherwise he'll be losing out on quite a bit. But I guess that's part of what makes him interesting as well. Just from his appearance and personality, you'd expect him to be the debonair a.k.a. ladykilling sort. Then he goes and do what he does when approached by a girl. Sure makes a person go "WTF?," eh? xxD

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-10-13 at 04:54.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:43   Link #782
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
ep3 not bad, is the story so far same with the game?

i think i going to buy the game and play it.
Pretty faithful to the game uptil now. 'Cept some parts seem rushed. (The "amazing Guy" scene and Cheagle elder talking 2x faster in the anime, for example.)
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:47   Link #783
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
^haha i wouldn't call him an a-hole. Jade's closer to that with his mean streak. Luke's more a moron. xDD
Why do you call him a moron ???

He does not want to take the lifes of others, yet.
He is more like the only real good guy, since he has no fear to fight (we saw that in the last ep he fought against a liger ) but he does not want to take the lifes of humans.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:58   Link #784
TrueKnight

Luke's a pansyboy, whiny ass rich kid, moron etc blah blah. He fits all that category. But I still like him. One of the well rounded and better characters in the show. First being Jade though.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 05:04   Link #785
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Why do you call him a moron ???
He's likeable, to me at least, but I won't deny I saw him as a moron, in the early stages of the game. It's exactly what puts people off him, realism and having good reason nonwithstanding. I wouldn't call his reluctance to kill moronic-- not at all as that would be hypocritical--though that does contribute towards his putting off audience. What I'm saying is that his spoilt ways despite his obvious age make him seem like one, even though it's due to the environment he was brought up in. Well, he can also be rather a-holey at times (e.g.: "Oh good, this way I won't have to dirty my shoes"), but moron is more what I'd assume for early-in-the-story!Luke to be.

Anyway, it's not him seemingly being one now that matters, it's his development as the story unfolds that does, so don't read too much into my associating that term with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Luke's a pansyboy, whiny ass rich kid, moron etc blah blah. He fits all that category.
pansyboy, whiny ass rich kid, etc = moron. It's one word for all, in my books. xD Thinking back on it, though, I wouldn't call him wimpy. He has many less-than-savory traits in the beginning, sure, but wimpy's never one of them, IMHO.

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-10-13 at 05:34.
Old 2008-10-13, 08:57   Link #786
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Good 3rd episode the OP is still long as hell but i dont mind since i like the opening song so much. Luke that bastard got Tear hurt i wont forgive him anytime soon. I can understand his whole fear of death. I mean hes been locked up in the mansion for most of his life. He has never expereinced a battlefield and what horror it can become. Even though he has had sword training he had not reached the mental level where he can put death and killing out his mind while fighting. After all he is just a kid but he will need to grow up fairly quickly to survive.

Some things about the plot came out here so the pacing has been going really well and the fight scenes were quite impressive as well. Hell Jade is a Nercomancer that is freakin awsome i wouldn't want to screw with him. Even with his magic sealed he is still more than a match in hand to hand. The cast of characters just keeps growing and the guy they called the Black Lion was huge and pole arm weapon he carried looked like it crush several men in one swing.

Good stuff especially now that guy has shown up with bullet deflecting abilities without even fully unsheathing his sword now thats the shit men are made of. Too bad hes genophobic LMAO he was terrified of Tear i nearly fell off my bed laughing.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-10-13 at 13:30.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:17   Link #787
TrueKnight

Which is why I like Abyss' incredibly dynamic character casts.

Glad someone appreciates them.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 09:24   Link #788
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Too bad hes Xenophobic LMAO he was terrified of Tear i nearly fell off my bed laughing.
Yeah, i especially like it came about in this episode. It was just so random how he backed away from Tear. My first thought was that he was terrified of her because of something that happened in the past. Boy was i wrong.
Old 2008-10-13, 10:11   Link #789
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Too bad hes Xenophobic LMAO he was terrified of Tear i nearly fell off my bed laughing.
Gynophobia is the correct term.

And talking about Guy... Here is some Guy fanarts:

(Yes, yes, you Regret Fans, here is a pic for you )

*Me hides because too busy finding TOS:R Reinhart's Pics*

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 10:17   Link #790
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Ah, always providing art, Natsuki, thank you very much

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 13:36   Link #791
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Which is why I like Abyss' incredibly dynamic character casts.

Glad someone appreciates them.
I love animes with dynamic cast because that increases the chances of fans identifying with at least one. As long as the characters are not pointless and have some revelence to the story i never complain. The only problem is remembering all the names. I remember when so other Forums members were telling me this was right up my ally which is weird cause im usually very harsh on these kind series but it appealed to me right away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, i especially like it came about in this episode. It was just so random how he backed away from Tear. My first thought was that he was terrified of her because of something that happened in the past. Boy was i wrong.
I seriously thought i was going to die laughing i had to pause for a min. Then when i unpaused Tear made it worse by saying "you dont have to think of me of as a girl" and that was no go either and i just kept laughing and laughing. Guy is the shit nonetheless that bullet deflecting deserves a pat on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Gynophobia is the correct term.

And talking about Guy... Here is some Guy fanarts:

(Yes, yes, you Regret Fans, here is a pic for you )

*Me hides because too busy finding TOS:R Reinhart's Pics*
Whoops wrong phobia thanks for that and thanks for the wicked pics of Guy.
Old 2008-10-13, 15:19   Link #792
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
I seriously thought i was going to die laughing i had to pause for a min. Then when i unpaused Tear made it worse by saying "you dont have to think of me of as a girl" and that was no go either and i just kept laughing and laughing. Guy is the shit nonetheless that bullet deflecting deserves a pat on the back.
It is pretty hard not to think of her as a gril
But after that the scene from the first ep makes sense
I thought he feared only that maid.

Wooohaaa ... I had a "bing" moment, this question is only for those who played the game.
Spoiler for Spoiler for Luke:
Old 2008-10-13, 16:11   Link #793
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Wooohaaa ... I had a "bing" moment, this question is only for those who played the game.
Spoiler for Spoiler for Luke:
Spoiler for hmm:
Old 2008-10-13, 17:00   Link #794
kujoe
from head to heel

@mangalowres,

I think it's better to wait and see.

As for Jade, he isn't really a necromancer per se. It's not like he uses death magic or something, and raises skeletons or whatever. This isn't Diablo. Just as Largo states, there are rumors that Jade is involved with certain practices, one of them involving taking the corpses from the battlefield for some purpose. "Necromancer" is just an infamous title.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-10-13 at 18:46.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 17:07   Link #795
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Ok, those answers seem to tell me that I am right
Old 2008-10-13, 17:40   Link #796
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Some thoughts for ep 3

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 17:44   Link #797
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Some thoughts for ep 3

Spoiler:

Spoiler for hu?:
Old 2008-10-13, 20:32   Link #798
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Some avatars from the third episode

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:05   Link #799
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Spoiler for hu?:
Maybe Deathkillz means he/she like how it's done from an artistic point of view? He/she being a graphic designer (according to the group) and all. I personally think it was done nicely to highlight the "impact"(?).
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 21:59   Link #800
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Spoiler for hu?:
And really this is a fantasy world where even the blood is made of fonons, maybe Tear's blood fonons reacted to the fonons in the air to cause it to glow.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy