AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 00:00   Link #261
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The Cardinals have really pulled out all the stops in the past few games. They're are using James effectively and their defense is doing great.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 00:29   Link #262
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The Cardinals have really pulled out all the stops in the past few games. They're are using James effectively and their defense is doing great.
hey now, your team better win so that the cardinals will have the next game at home.
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:03   Link #263
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Well I know who's to blame, but I just give my hat to Arizona, but still I'm little shocked over the loss and I blame this to..........................oh well I just don't know who I'm blaming!
Old 2009-01-11, 03:16   Link #264
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Titans frickin LOST! Dammit.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 03:33   Link #265
solomon

Man, guys in the desert must be beside themselves.

Yea, too bad about the titans but they had a hell of a matchup in baltimore.

Now tomorow, Im more of an NFC chap so I will definetly watch the Philly-NY bout. Oh sure, the Giants are favored but then again so were the cats tonite!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 05:46   Link #266
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

rootin' for all the bird teams to win (cardinals, eagles and ravens.) especially for the cards. ^^;
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:40   Link #267
flohtingPoint
Limited Slip

Send a message via ICQ to flohtingPoint Send a message via AIM to flohtingPoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
hey now, your team better win so that the cardinals will have the next game at home.
That'd be awesome... I've been a Cardinal fan since they came to the desert in 88 and hosting an NFC Championship game would be amazing.
flohtingPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 16:46   Link #268
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
rootin' for all the bird teams to win (cardinals, eagles and ravens.) especially for the cards. ^^;
Great call cause that's exactly what happened.
Old 2009-01-11, 16:56   Link #269
greatpower2

wow the two favorites were just knocked out, and the cards are still in it. I don't think I've heard of such insanity. Remember when all the "experts" said the cards didn't have what it takes. Dang they have a good offense.
greatpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 17:08   Link #270
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So number one seeds both knocked out, and so far in the playoffs, except for Ravens vs. Miami, the team with fewer wins in the regular season won. Very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower2 View Post
wow the two favorites were just knocked out, and the cards are still in it. I don't think I've heard of such insanity. Remember when all the "experts" said the cards didn't have what it takes. Dang they have a good offense.
Yeah, and now that they actually play defense, this could work out.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 21:52   Link #271
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I am not sure... all of a sudden the Arizona Cardinals aren't the Cardinals we've come to know and criticize from the regular season...
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:31   Link #272
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Regular season doesn't matter when it comes to the playoffs...crazy to think exactly 10 years ago Kurt Warner was winning a Super Bowl with the Rams. Cardinals looked amazing this weekend though.

I hope the Ravens beat the Steelers, man I hate them.
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 23:24   Link #273
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

All but one fo the top seeds were eliminated this week. I believe thats the first time in history such a thing has happened.
Old 2009-01-12, 22:13   Link #274
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I favor both the Ravens and Steelers its going to be hard to pick which one

Anyway i can't belive we hired this Guy and Mike Nola as an defensive coordinator oh god I'll just forget about next season
Old 2009-01-13, 00:49   Link #275
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It seems like the Cards are doing exactly what the Giants did last year...
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 01:00   Link #276
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
It seems like the Cards are doing exactly what the Giants did last year...
Same thing can be said of the Eagles. Of course, I can care less anymore as the Giants are smothered. Hopefully, the Giants will shop for receivers that can actually catch in the off-season and who doesn't have hobbies for discharging weapons in clubs.

All that said, let's go Cards. And I will cry if a team like Ravens go to Superbowl. Who likes enjoying defense playing offense for a team's offense? That's what they are. They have one Superbowl and that should be the end of it until that team can actually generate a decent offensive side. Fortunately for them, they might have found a quarterback to get things started who is actually under 30.

And one last thing.... I also don't want to see an exclusive Pennsylvania bowl. I've to drive through that state sometime and I don't want to hear murmuring hicks' getting loud about their greatness and so on.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 02:04   Link #277
YoSneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Same thing can be said of the Eagles. Of course, I can care less anymore as the Giants are smothered. Hopefully, the Giants will shop for receivers that can actually catch in the off-season and who doesn't have hobbies for discharging weapons in clubs.

All that said, let's go Cards. And I will cry if a team like Ravens go to Superbowl. Who likes enjoying defense playing offense for a team's offense? That's what they are. They have one Superbowl and that should be the end of it until that team can actually generate a decent offensive side. Fortunately for them, they might have found a quarterback to get things started who is actually under 30.

And one last thing.... I also don't want to see an exclusive Pennsylvania bowl. I've to drive through that state sometime and I don't want to hear murmuring hicks' getting loud about their greatness and so on.
The hicks are down south, not north in Pennsylvania.

Anyway, if the Eagles defense keeps playing the way they are and the offense playing decent, than they should be able to beat the cards and make it to the superbowl. My pick is on the Eagles winning it all. I was raised in Philadelphia, that's why. Haha.
YoSneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 04:36   Link #278
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSneaky View Post
The hicks are down south, not north in Pennsylvania.

Anyway, if the Eagles defense keeps playing the way they are and the offense playing decent, than they should be able to beat the cards and make it to the superbowl. My pick is on the Eagles winning it all. I was raised in Philadelphia, that's why. Haha.
Dude every state has hicks, they actually come in varying shapes sizes and hues, like everything else in this wonderful country of ours. My uncle in Oak Lane (far north philly) said he met many on his travels in the rural susqehanna river valley and dutch country (Central PA sans Harrisburg) and western coal country (everything south of Eire).

Philly and Pitts are cosmopolitan urban cities but GOD the fans are rabid, philly's rep preceeds it but I don't put anything past Pitts area either (dude Steelers and Penguins).

Anyways, the reason I don't hope for a Keystone State Super Bowl is that Philly would go down. I'm an NFL greenhorn from Nothern VA, so I am Redskin country (although yet to be a fan due to their forgettable recent seasons) but Philly is my second home so I do root for the birds a little. Still Pitts seems to be much better on going deep with pass offense, protecting their quarterback and doing those 3rd down conversions. It would be an act of God for Philly to win against them. They are a good team, but Pitt is a great team.
Old 2009-01-13, 22:39   Link #279
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm hoping for my Eagles to win it all, but if they go up against the Steelers I know my chances are slim. That defense is just remarkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Philly and Pitts are cosmopolitan urban cities but GOD the fans are rabid
The fans of Philly are rabid indeed. They are always out for Mcnabb and Reids heads when really they6 have nothing to be complaining about. Their success has been very consitent the past 10 years and I'd like to see their reactions of how bad off they'd be without Mcnabb and Reid.
Old 2009-01-13, 23:27   Link #280
solomon

I agree about the Pennsylvania Bowl chances of Eagles, but are they really any better if they went against the Ravens? B'more kicks ass too.

I love Philly but I also criticize the idiotic hate of Ried and McNabb. They have been fairly consistent from what I have read. I can understand the dislike of McNabb initially due to reservations of him as a good draft pick or Reid's choice of play.

But the whole "The guys in philly don't really know who Ried is" thing gets me. He has that modest Tom Landry like stoicness which didn't seem to rub off well on the brash Philly fans. I say shutup and look at what the man is able to accomplish. From what I have read the man has done better and was more consistent then any other guy recently (why else would they keep him on for so long).

THen again, while delving into sports fandom (im a 1 year NFL noob) I am finding that while some of the more irrational sides of sports fandom is just silly fun (staying with mediocre teams in hope, rituals of wearing favorite shirts or performing stunts at stadiums) some of the fandom is just plain silly and irrational.

In a different tangent, how many of you guys actually go to games? Some in my family are big sports fans but I have heard horror stories about their experiences at the games (namely due to obnoxious blowhard fans).

Tags
american football, sports