AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-05, 15:08   Link #241
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Which will turn Miyuki into someone who can't use magic at all and become the weakest character in the series, then Tatsuya can just punch her in the face and she'll die.
Nah, she got physical training by yakumo. She will still beat people like azusa or even Mayumi who don't seem like they work out at all so I don't think she is the weakest.

Of course she will always lose to Tatsuya. But its not like they will ever fight lol
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 15:35   Link #242
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Nah, she got physical training by yakumo. She will still beat people like azusa or even Mayumi who don't seem like they work out at all so I don't think she is the weakest.

Of course she will always lose to Tatsuya. But its not like they will ever fight lol
Why would they fight her physically when they still have their magic ? She'd be the only one who lost it.

Anyway back to Tatsuya, where is this chapter mentioning his magic having a hard time penetrating Miyuki's defenses ?
Old 2014-06-05, 15:46   Link #243
Echizen777

Quote:
Why would they fight her physically when they still have their magic ? She'd be the only one who lost it.

Anyway back to Tatsuya, where is this chapter mentioning his magic having a hard time penetrating Miyuki's defenses ?
Here

Spoiler for QUOTE:
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 16:30   Link #244
amtro
Distro

Has it ever been stated if Tatsuya can shift the location of the target of his regrowth?
Lets say if he were to decompose an object and then 'regrow' it a stretch away from where it was initially located. That might potentially make him a master teleporter, if he learns to rebind souls after decomposing a living body he can put it in practical use too.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 17:11   Link #245
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Has it ever been stated if Tatsuya can shift the location of the target of his regrowth?
Lets say if he were to decompose an object and then 'regrow' it a stretch away from where it was initially located. That might potentially make him a master teleporter, if he learns to rebind souls after decomposing a living body he can put it in practical use too.
If he had the ability to rebind souls after decomposing bodies, that would be equivalent to being able to bring the dead back to life, as powerful as Tatsuya is, there is no way the author would allow him to go that far. Besides his regrowth abilities only work on the physical body (hence why he was unable to save Sakurai), so it would not work.

On the prospect of teleportation, it seems like it might be theoretically possible to set the target to appear in any spot it was in 24 hours before from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume 11 chapter 13
He reconstructed the relative coordinate information using the data on CAD construction and his own body as reference points, and the Trident returned to his hand in repaired condition.
This would probably require him to be able to pull up information from that area that he plans to teleport to as well for the coordinate information, so anywhere the target has been that is within the range of his elemental sight. I am not sure if it would work on an actual person though without killing them, since as I said regrowth only works on the physical body, and I am uncertain if the pushion information body would follow, and that might very well be lethal if it doesn't, so it might only work on inanimate objects like his CAD.

That said from the sounds of it reconstructing coordinate information in regrowth of objects might be able to teleport them to previous locations without them being disintegrated or decomposed so it might be even easy for inanimate objects than you thought. Still doesn't solve the problem of the idea that the Pushion information body might not follow for a living thing making it impossible for them.

Realistically though, there is no way I see the author giving Tatsuya the ability to teleport things, even if it is only to previous locations its been in the past 24 hours
Sinarblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 17:36   Link #246
IceHism

Quote:

You just said she was the weakest character in the series without magic which she is not. I'm not really doing this Tatsuya vs Miyuki thing. So lets throw out the idea that she sealed her magic. Even only in physical strength, she can beat enough people.
Old 2014-06-05, 18:00   Link #247
Rava

Quote:
Short version is that there is no Teleportation magic, period, in Mahoukaverse.

The author has flat out stated that no one has accomplished teleportation (to clarify Aoki's exaggeration), but illustrates "Pseudo Teleportation" and "Mock Teleportation" as extremely high-speed movement.

The mention about reconstructing his Trident is ignoring the fact that he had just picked up Trident from the ground, and it was in his hand the whole time.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 18:09   Link #248
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Or she seals all of her magic and prevents Tatsuya from using his eyes which should make his decomposition useless
That's impossible, to begin with Tatsuya is stronger than her by a landslide. His psion count eclipses hers and the technical as well as destructive applications of his ability are countless. He's the only person known to be capable of forcefully suppressing Miyuki's powers (with no cooperation on her end) after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarblood View Post
If he had the ability to rebind souls after decomposing bodies, that would be equivalent to being able to bring the dead back to life, as powerful as Tatsuya is, there is no way the author would allow him to go that far. Besides his regrowth abilities only work on the physical body (hence why he was unable to save Sakurai), so it would not work.

On the prospect of teleportation, it seems like it might be theoretically possible to set the target to appear in any spot it was in 24 hours before from here.

This would probably require him to be able to pull up information from that area that he plans to teleport to as well for the coordinate information, so anywhere the target has been that is within the range of his elemental sight. I am not sure if it would work on an actual person though without killing them, since as I said regrowth only works on the physical body, and I am uncertain if the pushion information body would follow, and that might very well be lethal if it doesn't, so it might only work on inanimate objects like his CAD.

That said from the sounds of it reconstructing coordinate information in regrowth of objects might be able to teleport them to previous locations without them being disintegrated or decomposed so it might be even easy for inanimate objects than you thought. Still doesn't solve the problem of the idea that the Pushion information body might not follow for a living thing making it impossible for them.

Realistically though, there is no way I see the author giving Tatsuya the ability to teleport things, even if it is only to previous locations its been in the past 24 hours
No I mean as in relocating the target set for regrowth to any other location regardless of where the target has been in the last 24 hours.

Spoiler for vol 13:
Old 2014-06-05, 18:40   Link #249
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
No I mean as in relocating the target set for regrowth to any other location regardless of where the target has been in the last 24 hours.

Spoiler for vol 13:
With the bolded words I ask; If Tatsuya is
Spoiler for Possible future plot point:
couldn't he surpass his own limits by instead of last 24 hours say two days or even a week? years? might be pushing but interesting but also OP lol. (it's possible if writer allows, of course)

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 18:41   Link #250
Jirachier

@Echizen777

If that's the quote then as it stated, mounting an attack in her zone is just difficult but very much possible, otherwise no magician in the world would be able to defeat her if even Lina and Tatsuya couldn't use magic there.
Second the only way this would actually even make sense is if the seal on Tatsuya is sealing part of his raw strength in decomposition, because Interference Zone/Area only works if you're better than someone at the particular magic they're trying to use, in this case Tatsuya is leagues ahead of Miyuki in decomposition, so if her zone does anything to him in his unsealed state it will just be completely dumb and just the author ignoring his own facts to make Miyuki look better and continue his new idea of finding illogical counters for Tatsuya.

Quote:
You just said she was the weakest character in the series without magic which she is not. I'm not really doing this Tatsuya vs Miyuki thing. So lets throw out the idea that she sealed her magic. Even only in physical strength, she can beat enough people.
Miyuki without magic is just a healthy and fit teenage girl, any magician even course 2 students would find it easy to crush her in that state.
Old 2014-06-05, 19:20   Link #251
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
With the bolded words I ask; If Tatsuya is
Spoiler for Possible future plot point:
couldn't he surpass his own limits by instead of last 24 hours say two days or even a week? years? might be pushing but interesting but also OP lol. (it's possible if writer allows, of course)
He's Shiva personified, nothing is too OP for him. He's the fire, he's the storm, he's the darkness as well as death and rebirth. He even acknowledges to himself that he's capable of destroying the planet. If you haven't by now, it's best to get used to the fact that he is a god compared to everyone else, him berating himself is only the result of lifelong Yotsuba bullying.
Old 2014-06-05, 19:54   Link #252
IceHism

Quote:
That's impossible, to begin with Tatsuya is stronger than her by a landslide. His psion count eclipses hers and the technical as well as destructive applications of his ability are countless. He's the only person known to be capable of forcefully suppressing Miyuki's powers (with no cooperation on her end) after all.
Nope, it is possible. It's stated clearly in volume 13. Not in any translated chapter yet but she can do it. It is when she threatens tatsuya to seal his eyes to prevent him from going to fight the parasites in a tired state.
Old 2014-06-05, 20:48   Link #253
Guest2

Quote:
Spoiler for vol 13:
No, only his counter magic was used against their spells. There was no other innate magics used to defeat the dolls.
Spoiler for V13:

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, it definitely already happened in his final fight with Lina. Tatsuya was about to cancel her heavy metal burst attack but got his entire arm, including CAD, burnt to cinders. He then tumbled and hid, pops out later and Voila his CAD and Arm are all back in one piece, in a separate location and he attacks.

Quote:
Ugh this is getting confusing and I'm repeating myself but whatever.

First of all, I don't think ninjutsu in mahouka is used as a martial art but more as a category of magic, and Yakumo just uses martial arts in general without a specific name, but that doesn't really matter here. Kazama is a student of Yakumo which means he also studies the same thing as Tatsuya, if Tatsuya is number 1 then Kazama is definitely weaker, not to mention that regardless of what you want to name Tatsuya's martial arts be it Karate or Ninjutsu or whatever, Yakumo explicitely said that Tatsuya is better at pure martial arts than him, which leas to Tatsuya being better than Kazama/Yanagi since they're weaker than Yakumo.
I do agree its just a repeat so we'll have to agree to disagree. Cause from what I read there was nothing in the novel mentioned about Kazama being better than Yanagi, or Tatsuya being better than Kazama in pure martial arts. I only remember the novel talking about Tatsuya learning Ninjutsu techniques from Yakumo, and Ninjutsu is only 1 kind of martial art. Yanagi practices a different martial art that was mentioned as involving body seals and reversing attacks.

Quote:
It is absolutely vague. First he said he can't beat them without using Trident, we don't know if he meant that without it he can't get a tie, not winning doesn't necessarily means losing. Also he said "beat", not "kill", which might very well be him talking only about a battle where he does not want to kill them, which is the same as having completely sealed his offensive decomposition abilities, in which case of course he wouldn't be able to win. Yes he might've meant "kill", but who can say for sure ?
Removing the seal must boost his innate magic somehow which in turn will grant him stronger CQC magic prowess. And if you're talking about just his CQC magic skill why are you talking about the part of him vs Yanagi/Kazama which was not just about that, did you interpret it as Tatsuya not being able to win in CQC and he needs to get a distance and use Trident to win ? Because that's not what it meant.
If you as reader find it vague then the author does need to clear it up. I felt it was quite clear and already mentioned I feel your questions have no real relevance to my comments, since I was never discussing if Tatsuya could use his innate magic to kill them. The answer to that to me is obvious, whether he is sealed or unsealed, whatever the range, whatever the intent.

I only pointed out Kazama, Yanagi and Yakumo are close combat magic experts who specialize in using martial arts to defeat their opponents, and that Tatsuya was stated to lose to them. Tatsuya is an expert in close combat magic, restorative magic, counter-magic and long-range magic sniping. There are 3 close combat magicians who are said to be able to beat Tatsuya in a fight. Thats all. What he might do with Trident afterwards is not relevant.

Quote:
Yes Gram Demolition would definitely work in theory against Tatsuya's decomposition. But it has a fatal flaw, the stronger the magic you're trying to stop the more psion it requires, that is why when Tatsuya fought Masaki he couldn't block all 14 hits at the same time with Gram Demolition, because each hit was powerful and there were even 14 of them. So really if Tatsuya ever faced a Gram Demolition user all he has to do is hit him with several Decomposition spells at the same time and Gram Demolition would become useless.
As for psion bullets, they can't stop him, even Gram Demolition would require a massive amount of psion to be able to stop a single decomposition spell, if you hit Tatsuya's magic with a tiny amount of psion his magic will just brush it aside.
The only things that can block Tatsuya's magics are counter magics(which in practice don't work against him) and hax abilities that were specifically made by the author to counter him thanks to some weird loopholes that don't even make sense.
Gram Demolition is inefficient against powerful or multiple attacks and can be overpowered, but that is not relevant. Tomitsuka's armour can be broken through as well but was mentioned to be difficult. If the magician is capable it can work. Also if you read the novel you would know Psion bullets in counter magic are not used like Gram Demolition, so you are mistaken on its use and being brushed aside. So both still can work, and so Tomitsuka is not the only one.

While everything in the novel is author fabricated, there are no hax skills specifically made to counter Tatsuya in the novel that defeat his abilities. Only other magicians who are similarly powerful and can cast magic just as fast or faste than him. The novel clearly points to Tatsuya's ability to defeat the magic in every case, the only problems mentioned are one's of speed and time.

Quote:
If you're talking about Tatsuya only cladding himself in decomposition magic for CQC then yes sure, but only insanely powerful counter magics would be able to do the trick. Yakumo is a ninjutsu user/martial artist/ancient magic user, he's not someone who relies on that type of things nor excels at it.
Shizuku was able to do so when Miyuki had the seal in place which seals half her magic.
Miyuki's seal does not actually restrain her magic power and is only stated to limit her control, as mentioned in her battles with Lina. And Yakumo is a magician who is stated to be able to produce magic that required an impressive amount of raw magic power. As a magician his body's natural anti magic data fortification would be a natural powerful defense. His specialty doesn't matter.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 21:17   Link #254
Jirachier

Quote:
I do agree its just a repeat so we'll have to agree to disagree. Cause from what I read there was nothing in the novel mentioned about Kazama being better than Yanagi, or Tatsuya being better than Kazama in pure martial arts. I only remember the novel talking about Tatsuya learning Ninjutsu techniques from Yakumo, and Ninjutsu is only 1 kind of martial art. Yanagi practices a different martial art that relates to body seals and reversing attacks.
Why are you talking about ninjutsu ?
Regardless of ninjutsu is a style of martial arts in mahouka or not, when Yakumo complimented Tatsuya, he said that the latter was better than him at MARTIAL ARTS, regardless of what style Tatsuya uses he's better than Yakumo(call it ninjutsu or whatever you want), and Yakumo is definitely gonna be better than Kazama and Yanagi hence Tatsuya > the three of them

Quote:
If you as reader find it vague then the author does need to clear it up. I felt it was quite clear and already mentioned I feel your questions have no real relevance to my comments, since I was never discussing if Tatsuya could use his innate magic to kill them. The answer to that to me is obvious, whether he is sealed or unsealed, whatever the range, whatever the intent.

I only pointed out Kazama, Yanagi and Yakumo are close combat magic experts who specialize in using martial arts to defeat their opponents, and that Tatsuya was stated to lose to them. Tatsuya is an expert in close combat magic, restorative magic, counter-magic and long-range magic sniping. There are 3 close combat magicians who are said to be able to beat Tatsuya in a fight. Thats all. What he might do with Trident afterwards is not relevant.
Here is Tatsuya's "modes"

1. Tatsuya without any Trident in his hands and sealed
2. Tatsuya with a Trident in his hands and sealed
3. Tatsuya without a Trident in his hand and unsealed
4. Tatsuya with Trident in his hand and unsealed

The problem with what the author said is that we don't know if he meant n°2 or n°4, because if it's only 2 then Tatsuya unsealed which is his true power level will allow him to win, we have NO indication which mode the author was refering to.
Then there is the use of "beat", was Tatsuya talking about beating them without killing them, because that makes ALL the difference in the world, in that case he CANNOT use his innate magic to its full power and thus even if he loses it's not really him being weaker in that state.
For me what the author was probably refering to was a CQC between Tatsuya and them where he only uses regular magic+Gram Demolition/Elemental Sight, just like his sparring with Yakumo, in that kind of scenario yes he would lose. But we don't know what would happen if he was going ALL out no holding back with his innate magics, Tatsuya is actually one of the worse type of opponent for anti-personnel magicians because most of them don't have any real firepower which makes them completely useless against Regrowth.
Again, YES Kazama and Yanagi can beat Tatsuya without Trident, but we don't know WHICH state the author is refering to nor which type of fight.

Quote:
Gram Demolition is in inefficient against powerful or multiple attacks and can be overpowered, but that is not relevant. Tomitsuka's armour can be broken through as well but was mentioned to be difficult. If the magician is capable it can work. Also if you read the novel you would know Psion bullets in counter magic are not used like Gram Demolition, so you are mistaken on its use and being brushed aside. So both still can work, and so Tomitsuka is not the only one.
You just said in the same quote that Gram Demolition is inefficient against powerful/multiple attacks, then you say it's effective against Tatsuya ? It is relevant, that is the whole reason why Gram Demolition is completely useless against Tatsuya, no one in the world can call forth enough psion to counter Tatsuya's decomposition with Gram Demolition, even Tatsuya himself couldn't bring enough just to defeat 14 hits from Masaki of average spells.
Psion Bullets work differently but are really mostly just a worse GDemolition, if GDemolition doesn't work the same applies to them.

Quote:
While everything in the novel is author fabricated, there are no hax skills specifically made to counter Tatsuya in the novel that defeat his abilities. Only other magicians who are similarly powerful and can cast magic just as fast or faste than him. The novel clearly points to Tatsuya's ability to defeat the magic in every case, the only problems mentioned are one's of speed and time.
Phalanx and Tomitsuka's armour are prime example of Tatsuya specific counters. Phalanx is a weird spell so let's leave that but the psion armour is just wow. What are the odds for someone to be born with that SPECIFIC defect and be in the same country, city, school AND school year as Tatsuya ?
the psion armour does work against all magicians, but not as well as it does against Tatsuya, it completely seals his decomposition spells save for Material Burst. Had the author not given this armour a structure Tatsuya would be able to OHKO Tomitsuka any time he wants.
The truth of the matter is, the author made Tatsuya the ultimate magician, especially with the spell Trident which should have NO COUNTER, and now he decided that it's time to go the shounen route but it's too late, so he's trying to come up with dumb ways to make Tatsuya struggle when he shouldn't have to.
Also there is practically no one in the world who can cast magic faster than Tatsuya, as far as regular magic is concerned no one can, including Miyuki thanks to flash cast, regrowth is beyond human cognition when activated on himself and decomposition even without a CAD he is as fast as any magician with a CAD, so you can imagine his speed when he has one.

Quote:
Miyuki's seal does not actually restrain her magic power and is only stated to limit her control, as mentioned in her battles with Lina. And Yakumo is a magician who is stated to be able to produce magic that required an impressive amount of raw magic power. As a magician his body's natural anti magic data fortification would be a natural powerful defense. His specialty doesn't matter.
About Miyuki, yes I was saying that its her control that is being halved, but Tatsuya must be different, since the reason why Miyuki loses half of her control is because she's maintaining the seal, Tatsuya on the otherhand since he is the sealed one, it's probably his raw magic prowess in decomposition that is sealed(Speed+Interference+Scale).
Old 2014-06-05, 21:45   Link #255
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
[...]

As far as I am concerned, it definitely already happened in his final fight with Lina. Tatsuya was about to cancel her heavy metal burst attack but got his entire arm, including CAD, burnt to cinders. He then tumbled and hid, pops out later and Voila his CAD and Arm are all back in one piece, in a separate location and he attacks.

[...]
I'm surprised you're coming to that conclusion when the last mention of him reaching for his CAD before the arm got blown away is that he was interrupted by Naotsugu before he finished. He doesn't need a CAD to invoke Gram Dispersion, and the emphasis of surprise when he blows up Brionac is that the arm was there, not both the arm and CAD.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 03:48   Link #256
pampz21
ShipCore

Tatsuya vs Wolverine vs DeadPool vs Batman vs Hulk vs Flash

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-06-07 at 04:53.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 06:23   Link #257
klanggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Tatsuya vs Wolverine vs DeadPool vs Batman vs Hulk vs Flash
Superman and goku

someone know how far Tatsuya can use elemental sight to identify something? 100m, 1 km, or more?
klanggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 07:49   Link #258
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
What are the odds for someone to be born with that SPECIFIC defect and be in the same country, city, school AND school year as Tatsuya ?
why not ? it's happen a lot.
maybe not in your country.

Quote:
The truth of the matter is, the author made Tatsuya the ultimate magician, especially with the spell Trident which should have NO COUNTER, and now he decided that it's time to go the shounen route but it's too late, so he's trying to come up with dumb ways to make Tatsuya struggle when he shouldn't have to.
don't worry.
Tatsuya has regrowth. even though those two has phalanx and GD armor. they can never beat tatsuya.
no one in the world can destroy tatsuya physically.
Tatsuya will always regenerate even though he hit himself with Mist Dispersal..
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 08:08   Link #259
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
I'm surprised you're coming to that conclusion when the last mention of him reaching for his CAD before the arm got blown away is that he was interrupted by Naotsugu before he finished. He doesn't need a CAD to invoke Gram Dispersion, and the emphasis of surprise when he blows up Brionac is that the arm was there, not both the arm and CAD.
His attack was interrupted by Nao, but the novel states he already took out his Cad from his inside pocket before Nao interfered, and mentions later he had Lina in his Cad's sights. And I didn't pick up on any emphasis, just words of shock from Lina that a person's arm can instantly grow back. Lina's omission of the words CAD, hand and clothes is something I believe can be overlooked since they are all linked to the arm.

Quote:
Why are you talking about ninjutsu ?
Regardless of ninjutsu is a style of martial arts in mahouka or not, when Yakumo complimented Tatsuya, he said that the latter was better than him at MARTIAL ARTS, regardless of what style Tatsuya uses he's better than Yakumo(call it ninjutsu or whatever you want), and Yakumo is definitely gonna be better than Kazama and Yanagi hence Tatsuya > the three of them
I was never arguing that Yakumo was better. I am talking about Ninjustu because Yakumo teaches Ninjutsu techniques, and the novel only gives a comparison with Tatsuya being the favourite/best as Yakumo's pupil.

My comments were around the detail that nothing in the novel indicates Yakumo or Tatsuya are better at martial arts than Yanagi or Kazuma, and that magicians use magic in martial arts in every close combat scene in the novel so comparing just their martial arts is not enough.

Quote:
Here is Tatsuya's "modes"
Again, YES Kazama and Yanagi can beat Tatsuya without Trident, but we don't know WHICH state the author is refering to nor which type of fight.
And as I said the author mentioned without Trident, and I personally don't believe those states matter, because those only relate to his magic power. And the novel already makes it clear he has some ridiculous rare powers which do the impossible whether he is sealed or unsealed, in close range or long range, whether he is trying to kill or not. So mentioning them had no real relevance to my original comment. A Tatsuya with limitations is still an incredibly powerful and immortal opponent that specializes in martial arts and countering magic.

Quote:
You just said in the same quote that Gram Demolition is inefficient against powerful/multiple attacks, then you say it's effective against Tatsuya ? It is relevant, that is the whole reason why Gram Demolition is completely useless against Tatsuya, no one in the world can call forth enough psion to counter Tatsuya's decomposition with Gram Demolition, even Tatsuya.himself couldn't bring enough just to defeat 14 hits from Masaki of average spells.
My point is a single use of Decomposition can be be countered as seen in v12. But if Tatsuya bombards a person with powerful spells like Masaki did to him, then the the opponent's counter magic would eventually fall short as seen in v4. V12 mentioned Tomitsuka's armour could be broken through although it would be difficult.

I don't know what novel passage makes you believe no one could ever call forth enough psions to use Gam Demolition to counter Tatsuya using single decomposition spells, but I believe this an exaggeration since Tomitsuka had enough surrounding him. I agree it was stated as rare to find Gram Demolition users. So far we only know that regarding psion counts, only a few others like Miyuki and Tatsurou are mentioned to have a similar psion count to Tatsuya.

Quote:
Psion Bullets work differently but are really mostly just a worse GDemolition, if GDemolition doesn't work the same applies to them.
Since I don't believe there is anything indicating G Dem wouldn't work on single spells, and the novel states Mayumi could have still used her counter magic in v3 to dispel the unfavorable situation created by several talented magicians in the bus incident, despite her lower psion count, I believe you are mistaken.

Quote:
Phalanx and Tomitsuka's armour are prime example of Tatsuya specific counters. Phalanx is a weird spell so let's leave that but the psion armour is just wow. What are the odds for someone to be born with that SPECIFIC defect and be in the same country, city, school AND school year as Tatsuya ?
If you are only surprised about 2 G Dem users being in the same year, then I am shocked I never heard you comment about the 3 Master Clan descendants all being in the same year. Or by the fact that rare and somewhat successful experimental descendants like Leo and Honaka, a kenjutsu prodigy, an ancient magic prodigy, a legendary spirit sensory talent and two siblings of different ages from the most powerful Japanese magic clan all ended up in the same school and year and became friends.

Tomitsuka's ability still lost to Tatsuya's specialty and his presence is just 1 of many astonishing coincidences in 1st High, and my opinion is that it just makes the novel more interesting for me.

Quote:
the psion armour does work against all magicians, but not as well as it does against Tatsuya, it completely seals his decomposition spells save for Material Burst. Had the author not given this armour a structure Tatsuya would be able to OHKO Tomitsuka any time he wants.
It doesn't seal his Decomposition, its not magic so he cannot use counter-magic, but only makes it more difficult to use Decomposition. You are exaggerating his struggling with Tomitsuka, since in the novel Tatsuya has had the same problem against 3 others in v4, and the limitation on him was the same, that being its a friendly magic school match with rules against him using lethal magic.

Quote:
My opinion is different since the author said the armour could be broken through, and Tatsuya was able to use his specialty GD to drop him anyway. Tatsuya has struggled in friendly matches before several times, it was no different in Tomitsuka's case. For some reason I cannot understand you keep ignoring the details about that from the novel.

Quote:
Also there is practically no one in the world who can cast magic faster than Tatsuya, as far as regular magic is concerned no one can, including Miyuki thanks to flash cast, regrowth is beyond human cognition when activated on himself and decomposition even without a CAD he is as fast as any magician with a CAD, so you can imagine his speed when he has one.
Certainly I remember in terms of his innate magics, Tatsuya without a CAD was stated to be equal to any other magician using one, so I'll be more specific. The novel mentions Yanagi was able to match his Flash Cast speed due to his own natural talent.

In Lina's case the novel mentions he could destroy the magic, but the problem was that she recast the magic faster than he could trace and target her position. It states if he wanted to lock onto her he had to use his observation field, which is risky to do while in live combat. In Phalanx's case the novel states Katsuto can instantly create dozens of barriers just as fast as Tatsuya can destroy them.

So in the examples given in the novel its problems with his opponents ability to produce magic faster than Tatsuya can counter it. Not a problem with countering the magic itself. An opponent without Lina's and Katsuto's phenomenal raw magic talent to constantly spam such magics would quickly countered by Tats' magic.

Quote:
About Miyuki, yes I was saying that its her control that is being halved, but Tatsuya must be different, since the reason why Miyuki loses half of her control is because she's maintaining the seal, Tatsuya on the other hand since he is the sealed one, it's probably his raw magic prowess in decomposition that is sealed(Speed+Interference+Scale).
My comment here was referring to your Miyuki and Shizuku comment, not Tatsuya. I was never discussing about Tatsuya's magic being sealed, because I never felt it was relevant to my original CQC topic. His magic is already ridiculously potent even with the seal, and without the seal it just means he overpowers his opponent with pure magic still, just faster. Yakumo is stated to have impressive raw magic power, so its still a possibility his natural magic defenses would still be enough to slow Tatsuya's magic.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 08:35   Link #260
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post

Since I don't believe there is anything indicating G Dem wouldn't work on single spells, and the novel states Mayumi could have still used her counter magic in v3 to dispel the unfavorable situation created by several talented magicians in the bus incident, despite her lower psion count, I believe you are mistaken.
so you can use Gram Demolition to destroy Meteor Stream, right ?
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic awesome badass