Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 01:43   Link #861
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The only thing good left is the ability to use lightning in the air, usable with BnB air combo.
5cc loops in the corner (3 times). At least that's one of the very few positive news about her recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
mmm, another best of 5, 3 out of 4 matches won by time out. i'm loving this game. /not
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blo...l?id=sm9054086
You know, I think maybe it's time for you to drop this game completely, because it seems like you can't find fun in this game anymore.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-12-11 at 01:58.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 02:03   Link #862
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
germanturkey's just overreacting to tournament level players who all have fairly high skills and are such more than capable of holding out for that long winning/losing to time out. Nevermind the fact that the best out of 5 matches are all casuals, so the players aren't even being serious they're just showing off. kaqn and Shadow especially, them playing with characters they don't even normally use.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 04:24   Link #863
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Lovely (well, first half of the vid, if you understand me)

I didn't notice before, but has Hakume's combo is always crude like that?
Old 2009-12-12, 05:43   Link #864
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol the announcer was saying at the start that Rachel is cute but weekened. She's now an underdog and get cheers like Tager and Bang used to. Ironies lol

The best Rachels are all at the UFO arcade, search 'Blazblue UFO' at Youtube. For example we have a Rachel here defeating Litchi:
You really have to spam Tiny Lobelia alot and do lots of pokes.

Because she lost all her combos, she became extremely simple and requires alot of the player's skill and reaction speed.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 09:58   Link #865
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Because she lost all her combos, she became extremely simple and requires alot of the player's skill and reaction speed.
I guess in a way that might make her fun to play. Being the underdog and truly having to master her to defeat the top dogs could be quite fun now that I think about it. That probably the only fun I'll be able to get from playing Rachel in the new game.

I'm just awaiting the moment I get to play Tsubaki.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 16:16   Link #866
Westlo
Lets be reality

So Blazblue CT Tier is roughly...

S: Rachael, Nu, Arakune
A: Jin
B: Ragna, Carl
C: Noel, Litchi, Taokaka
D: Hakuman, Bang, Tager

And CS is roughly...

S - Bang, Litchi
A - Ragna, Haku-men
B - Taokaka, Carl, Hazama, Jin, Lamda, Arakune, Noel
C - Tager, Tsubaki
D - Rachel

Bang up 4 tier places
Litchi up 3
Ranga up 1
Hakuman up 3
Taokaka up 1
Carl same
Jin down 1
Lambda down 2
Arakune down 2
Noel up 1
Tager up 1
Rachael down 4

Rachael, Tsubaki and Tager for top tier in the next addition
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 23:26   Link #867
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

You cannot combo with even a counter hit fork, the godly fork is now weaker than the chair was before. The uselessness of the chair before is even considered good for the Rachel now, people are using the chair more to struggle out of situations
Hum... I use the chair almost every fight. When you fight against someone agressive, it always works. I like it. You cant use a lot though.

And that video is crazy. Hard to imagine that Rachels game turned into a hadoken fest. Even them, the guy did manage to make some combos, he looks pretty skilled.

Well, i will keep playing with Rachel. I didnt start to use her because she was GAWD, so it doesnt matter if she sux or not.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 07:36   Link #868
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Rachel's nerf was probably a little too much but she really needed to be toned down. She has the best corner pressure in CT (along with Jin and Arakune with curse activated) and insane mixup options on oki. They had to fix that, although they should have given her something else to work with, atleast to make her fair enough (pretty much like Lambda and Arakune).

And to anyone complaining about Tao's taunt loop: I'd love to see you doing that so many times. I main Tao and learning double taunt combos took me almost two months of daily practice. Just because you see Keita and Kazu (two of the best tao players) doing them so many times it doesn't mean it's a piece of cake. Although her ~b cancel recovery has been decreased (which is why she's able to loop her 214D > j.2D~B) you still need to get the timing down for that string, and trust me, it's not that easy.

And that doesn't make her a broken character anyway. In CS she has the least health (9000, same amount as Carl), the worst defense (least amount of guard libra points), and no reversal until 50% meter. I think it's fair to compensate by giving her a good damage output.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 22:34   Link #869
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Man i'm still all over CT until CS gets a major console release, but i'm still on all the time.

But i play BANG, BANG is the only character in this game, the rest are 2d piles of poo (aside from maybe Tao) so beware lol. And i am glad Bang is 2nd best in CS, his buffs seem slim but it gave him a major advantage in many ways. So i'm happy.

Also glad Fail-13 was nerfed to heck, Rachel needed her stuff taken away but she seems almost dead now, like she can't do anything so maybe too much.

Arakune still seems a lil too powerful to me, but he's still much better than he was.

Tao's taunt combos are still BS even if it's HARD to do. I mean at least have an amazing damage reduction by comboing into it with 2A of all moves.....

Glad Carl lost Infinite, now I may play around with him.
Old 2010-01-07, 07:31   Link #870
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Bang is the second best? I thought he was the best best.

Well, Bang is nice, my only problem with him is that most of my friends use him, and it's always the same combo, always the same mix-ups... It gets tiring after a while. But he's a nice character and deserved more RESPEK, so i'm happy that he is gawd tier now.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 08:27   Link #871
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So what is this...taunt combo that I've been hearing about ? I've tried using Taokaka and tried to do 'taunt', but I don't really understand about it. I mean, I've seen a video with Taokaka using Taunt and continuing into some skills that make her punching her enemies several times >_>; but I don't know how to do that lol.

Anyone care to explain ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 09:40   Link #872
ZeroForever

tao's taunt can hit people, forgot the exact frame rate but it's low and when done correctly it lets her chain/juggle moves that otherwise wouldn't be possible with her normal jabs due to the attack properties.

I've practiced it a few times, getting it down is quite annoying and requires rather strict timing. Honestly just check dust loops for the combo, as there dozens of variations and it depends on the character your doing it on as well due to size differences, if you've seen the video you should have the general jist of it though it's mainly about near ground hop air drive hit b cancels into taunt to pop them up again and repeat.
Old 2010-01-07, 09:49   Link #873
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Bang is the second best? I thought he was the best best.

Well, Bang is nice, my only problem with him is that most of my friends use him, and it's always the same combo, always the same mix-ups... It gets tiring after a while. But he's a nice character and deserved more RESPEK, so i'm happy that he is gawd tier now.
Litchi generally does better against all characters than Bang does. Bang is especially bad against Taokaka for example.

Bang is easy to get into, but incredibly hard to become a master at it. Bang is not God Tier, only Dora is God Tier, as they say Dora Bang vs Bang is a match in favour of Dora. Bang players mostly study how Dora plays, but no one can pull off stuff he does.

Most Bangs out there end up being the same as each other, because of his rather plain combos. Only a player with expert skills and reflexes can fully utilise his moves. You need to be really good at Bang to make full use of his bumpers and Furinkazan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
So what is this...taunt combo that I've been hearing about ? I've tried using Taokaka and tried to do 'taunt', but I don't really understand about it. I mean, I've seen a video with Taokaka using Taunt and continuing into some skills that make her punching her enemies several times >_>; but I don't know how to do that lol.

Anyone care to explain ?
You know that when you do combos, most of the time your damage becomes weaker as you do more hits, this is called proration.

Every single attack in the game has a proration rate, which determines how much damage the next move does after this. Negative proration means the next move does lower damage, it applies for most moves. Neutral proration means the next move does its normal damage. And there's positive proration, which Taokaka's Taunt attack has.

Taokaka's Taunt has a 110% proration rate, meaning the next attack does 110% damage. When you do Taokaka's Taunt combos, it usually ends up doing alot of damage. The bad thing is that they're very hard to pull off, requiring very precise timing.

And the one Taunt combo that everyone is raging about is this one, the infamous Taunt Loop:

In a game where Rachel has to use spam winds and half gauges to do 1800 damage, Taokaka can do 6700 damage free.

I've tried playing as Rachel, she's not unplayable, just incredibly bad. Her game now involves spaming Tiny Lobelia, especially 236A, you'll be using it at the end of almost every combo. All the moves that's no longer combos into anything ends with 236A, like J2C and 6B.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 14:18   Link #874
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

ya i've seen a Tao pull 8k out of her ash with Taunt Combos, it's sad really but it is technically difficult, but can easily be muscle memorized. It's really only 5 or so inputs you needs to get the timing down for.

Bang got the most (and best) buffs for CS for sure, but Litchi has gained so much more, and not just match-ups (which she still does better anyway) with the little they changed for her. THey decided to give her damage instead of the ability to rule you in the corner. However with the new hit stun she gets more hits off leading to unnuaturally large damage.
Old 2010-01-07, 15:35   Link #875
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

/\ is hardly nerfed to heck. my initial reaction was completely wrong, and she's incredibly solid A tier. in fact, she won the first CS tournament the day the game came out. now that people have figured her out, she can routinely get 3-4k with the occasional 5k depending on setup. they did nerf her zoning a little and her melee too, but her melee game in CT was really underrated, so her melee is still rather good in CS. the new parsers help a lot, and if you're in the air and get caught with a Parser c, god help you.

the game seems to have a large amount of corner loops for several characters. like /\ has a simple b > tk crescent > b >tk crescent repeat 3-4 times, and i've seen other people with such ones too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 16:21   Link #876
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

ya it's too bad Nu wasn't flat out removed in every way possible and the creators shunned and dismissed for creating the worst and laziest design for a character in any fighting game ever.

and her being broke didn't help.
Old 2010-01-07, 16:43   Link #877
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

meh.. if you couldn't get passed her zoning you're doing something wrong. unless you play Tager.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 21:47   Link #878
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

well no i don't have an issue with her as I'm Bang, and Bang vs Nu is even if not Bang's favor. But in general she's an overpowered sack of crap, and you can never say things like what you just said. Take anyone with enough skill as any other player and Nu can effectively keep you full screen at will, this is all based on the player.
Old 2010-01-10, 01:44   Link #879
KrimzonStriker

I personally think you're BSing now, since Nu or Lambda as she is now known is far from the power she once was and is, especially in CS. Besides, a dominating character is needed for any game, especially when they start out, but overall I feel she's been balanced quite a bit and her low hp and high damage intake makes up for any defaults she still may have and it makes for a very interesting character to have, especially in a game that prizes itself on its diversity and play options. I can think of many worse boss characters in fighting games myself personally.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:39   Link #880
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

No no, i don't mind Lambda lol, but I hate her for more reasons than just being broken.

I mean when I was watching vids before the game even came out, the first 4 seconds NU showed up on screen I hated her. Her voice alone is worth banning in this game, both in ENglish and Japanese. She is a terrible character design and whoever designed her should be shotin the knees and be forced to drag 7 swords across japan.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360