Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-31, 09:47   Link #2101
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Exactly. Maybe there will be even an extra book or two about side-stories, but the series will officially end with Zokuowari.
Alright then, looking forward to the next books even though I can only really read the spoilers, they alone are enough to get me interested in the plot xD

Thank you again for all the info!!!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:03   Link #2102
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
She is the one Araragi would want to have beside when dying on the battlefield.
So Shinobu is more of a "worthy opponent-turned greatest ally"?
Well, from what I have watched in Nise (just watched 06), their interactions are more suited for a battle fantasy series like Shana or similar things like that (i.e. they sound a bit chuuni when seen in the perspective of a normal person).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:20   Link #2103
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So Shinobu is more of a "worthy opponent-turned greatest ally"?
That would be Kanbaru. I'm not joking, it was written in Nise that Kanbaru is like the early enemy that turns into an ally.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 10:38   Link #2104
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I disagree about Tsubasa, first of all her relationship with Koyomi has developed a lot throughout the series (more than any other characters' even counting in Kissshot and Hitagi). In series one (for which I can have a more definitive opinion), Koyomi worships Tsubasa, but is afraid to make a move and lose his only friend (until Mayoi). On the other hand, Tsubasa appreciates Koyomi, but does not think of him romantically until the end of Kizu, and realizes her feelings with the start of series two (Black Hanekawa, the cat-spirit, figured it out a lot earlier, of course).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 11:11   Link #2105
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I disagree about Tsubasa, first of all her relationship with Koyomi has developed a lot throughout the series (more than any other characters' even counting in Kissshot and Hitagi). In series one (for which I can have a more definitive opinion), Koyomi worships Tsubasa, but is afraid to make a move and lose his only friend (until Mayoi). On the other hand, Tsubasa appreciates Koyomi, but does not think of him romantically until the end of Kizu, and realizes her feelings with the start of series two (Black Hanekawa, the cat-spirit, figured it out a lot earlier, of course).
I am not sure about what you mean with series one and series two.
Old 2012-12-31, 11:14   Link #2106
Malkuth
Banned

series one -> Bake/Kizu/Nise/Neko-Kuro
series two -> Neko-Shiro until Koi (which I have not read, but been mildy spoiled about their content)
Old 2012-12-31, 11:33   Link #2107
Shikijin

Quote:
series one -> Bake/Kizu/Nise/Neko-Kuro
series two -> Neko-Shiro until Koi (which I have not read, but been mildy spoiled about their content)
Ah. Then I will say that Araragi was willing to make a move in Kuro, but it didn't end well because Hanekawa never asked for his help. He didn't know what Hanekawa's feelings were back then, but he was going to make a move. Right after Kuro, Bake started and Senjougahara came around. At this point it was too late for Hanekawa, who got also handicapped by the fact that she had lost her memories at the end of Kuro.
Old 2012-12-31, 12:31   Link #2108
Malkuth
Banned

@Shikijin: Tsubasa was willing since Kizu-

The problem was Koyomi being too intimidated by her, unlike with Hitagi. With Tsubasa Koyomi always feels inferior, while with Hitagi he pretends to be.

Otherwise, I agree
Old 2012-12-31, 15:45   Link #2109
Shikijin

Quote:
@Shikijin:The problem was Koyomi being too intimidated by her, unlike with Hitagi. With Tsubasa Koyomi always feels inferior, while with Hitagi he pretends to be.
The dialogue with Tsukihi in Neko Kuro proves that Araragi was willing to face his own feelings.

I think that more than being intimidated (which he was), Araragi is socially inept, so he had problems taking the initiative. He had the same issues with Senjougahara, but in that case it was Senjougahara who took the initiative for him.
Old 2012-12-31, 16:35   Link #2110
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hanekawa lost because she wasn't aggressive, like Hitagi was. Hanekawa started the race first but Hitagi was faster.
Simple as that...plus Koyomi is a self-proclaimed M from what I've heard.
Old 2012-12-31, 16:49   Link #2111
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
plus Koyomi is a self-proclaimed M from what I've heard.
There are limits even to that. He commented Senjougahara was scary a lot in Bake and in Nise. He seems to like being trampled, but no more than that.
Old 2012-12-31, 17:33   Link #2112
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

He can't be a very mild M either if he can still love Hitagi whole-heartedly even after her verbal abuses...or should I call them beatdowns? xD
Old 2012-12-31, 18:30   Link #2113
sky black swordman

Ok , I just watch teaser for Zenmonogatari, that whole "I hate you, Koyomi onii-chan!!" came out of nowhere for me.
Please someone explain this for me in detail if possible.

I have only watched the anime and read Bakemonogatari on BT.
Old 2012-12-31, 19:49   Link #2114
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's best if we didn't tell you much about that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 21:56   Link #2115
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
The dialogue with Tsukihi in Neko Kuro proves that Araragi was willing to face his own feelings.
But eventually failed... it was not the first time too, plus Tsubasa is not making things easier, and with the rest of the Bake- harem forming things got even more complicated.

Quote:
I think that more than being intimidated (which he was), Araragi is socially inept, so he had problems taking the initiative. He had the same issues with Senjougahara, but in that case it was Senjougahara who took the initiative for him.
Quote:
Hanekawa lost because she wasn't aggressive, like Hitagi was. Hanekawa started the race first but Hitagi was faster.
Simple as that...plus Koyomi is a self-proclaimed M from what I've heard.
Quote:
There are limits even to that. He commented Senjougahara was scary a lot in Bake and in Nise. He seems to like being trampled, but no more than that.
Quote:
He can't be a very mild M either if he can still love Hitagi whole-heartedly even after her verbal abuses...or should I call them beatdowns? xD
But they both know that at any point Koyomi stops enjoying how obsessed Hitagi is with him, he can stop her (as he did in Nise-)... What I don't like about their relationship is that neither of them was interested in eachother like (Koyomi and Tsubasa), but it was convenient to be together, and requires less effort... of course, they have progressed a lot as a couple as the story proceeded.
Old 2013-01-01, 15:43   Link #2116
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I see that Malkuth is pretty pro-Tsubasa, and I can't fault that. Just had to add my two-cents on what was Hanekawa's biggest regret in her life - not taking the lead with Araragai Koyomi.

It seems that Hanekawa was waiting for Araragi to 'sweep her off her feet' like a fantasy prince in her own fairy tail. He was the one with the vampirism and could do all the really cool things - so of course, him asking her out shouldn't be too hard, right? She even had the distinction of helping him during his crisis and has his eternal gratitude. So why didn't anything happen? She forgot that her wanna-be 'Prince Charming' was the same age she was and was very NOT ready to take the lead in a relationship. If only she had called him out on the 'eternal gratitude' thing for a date, but Hanekawa is too nice for that. She didn't want to 'trap' Araragai like that - 'ideal Japanese maiden' that she tried to project herself as.
Old 2013-01-01, 16:11   Link #2117
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I see that Malkuth is pretty pro-Tsubasa, and I can't fault that. Just had to add my two-cents on what was Hanekawa's biggest regret in her life - not taking the lead with Araragai Koyomi.
If you don't have read the novels you may not know certain things, but basically Hanekawa made Araragi be appointed vice class representative exactly to stay close to him. Also, Hanekawa was stealthily administering Araragi a "strengthening program". It's not like she wasn't doing anything.
Old 2013-01-01, 17:42   Link #2118
sky black swordman

Question, is the anime going in order? If not then, what is the order?
Old 2013-01-01, 18:28   Link #2119
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Question, is the anime going in order? If not then, what is the order?
if you're meaning the series order, it should be:
Kizumonogatari
Nekomonogatari(black)
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
for the "first season" novels, then there should be the "second season"
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 18:36   Link #2120
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

It seems that Hanekawa was waiting for Araragi to 'sweep her off her feet' like a fantasy prince in her own fairy tail. He was the one with the vampirism and could do all the really cool things - so of course, him asking her out shouldn't be too hard, right? She even had the distinction of helping him during his crisis and has his eternal gratitude. So why didn't anything happen? She forgot that her wanna-be 'Prince Charming' was the same age she was and was very NOT ready to take the lead in a relationship. If only she had called him out on the 'eternal gratitude' thing for a date, but Hanekawa is too nice for that. She didn't want to 'trap' Araragai like that - 'ideal Japanese maiden' that she tried to project herself as.
Quote:
If you don't have read the novels you may not know certain things, but basically Hanekawa made Araragi be appointed vice class representative exactly to stay close to him. Also, Hanekawa was stealthily administering Araragi a "strengthening program". It's not like she wasn't doing anything.
I indeed like Tsubasa (not shipping her to Koyomi, but since he is the protagonist, well ends up working that way)... As for her not trying, she did try... a lot before Hitagi entered their life, it's just that she behaves more as an adult than either Koyomi or Hitagi do... they are more like teenagers understanding themselves through their relationships, while Tsubasa (because of her background) has figured a lot of things, tries to change, but is trapped partly in denial and partly in expectations.

Anyway, on another topic, there was a very spoilerish doujinshi in C83 about Nadeko Medusa another character that tries a lot, but is obsessing over the wrong person

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance