AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-10, 06:43   Link #121
ARNEL98
Anime Fanatic

I like naruto, although its has a few, somewhat stretched out boring episodes/flashbacks, it does eventually goes back to the main story with some really good stuff - like in episode 78.

I actually almost stopped watching naruto during the zabusa arc - the fight scenes were just too dragged out (kinda like dragonball) but decided to stick it out a few more eps and then i got hooked.
ARNEL98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 07:20   Link #122
Joe Dalton

Grins first of all its FMA

Second how brave trying 2 finnish a discussion by yourself... btw I am not going 2 explain why but I am laughing rather hard at you post

Seriously though in a discusion trying 2 bring up how people use the english language is sooooo weak and simply retarded

Also I suggest actualy making an effort 2 give arguments for future discusions cause I can tear this post apart just like I did your last post and you will prolly be 2 stupid 2 understand it again Or simply ignore that you got shredded im not sure wich your doing =/

PS there is an edit button 2 prevent double posts
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 07:57   Link #123
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Naruto isn't 4-5 years old. It's a year and a half.

Seriously, stop making excuses for it to justify a higher mark. People are bound to give it bad reviews to personal bias, but the thing is, most internet reviews are like that.

1. I don't give a crap about any marks, she could of given Naruto a -3 stars and I wouldn't give a rats ass.

2. The only point of my posts were to prove she was biased her review, which I did, the whole thing was condescending, and her "weak points" about the show, the (color, and "below average" animation) were weak and had no support or then "Cause I said so".

3. And I know all internet reviews are like that, but that doesn't mean we can't comment on it.

4. Whoops about the age thing, must of been thinking about the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
Grins first of all its FMA

Second how brave trying 2 finnish a discussion by yourself... btw I am not going 2 explain why but I am laughing rather hard at you post

Seriously though in a discusion trying 2 bring up how people use the english language is sooooo weak and simply retarded

Also I suggest actualy making an effort 2 give arguments for future discusions cause I can tear this post apart just like I did your last post and you will prolly be 2 stupid 2 understand it again Or simply ignore that you got shredded im not sure wich your doing =/

PS there is an edit button 2 prevent double posts
Dude. Let. It. Go. You = lost.

You can't tear anything up, period. Coolmofo isn't the one whose 2 stupid 2 understand what's being said. So save yourself, myself and Coolmofo time, and just don't reply anymore. We're Naruto fanboys and random Naruto quotes will be etched on our epitaphs, because we think its the next best thing since sliced bread, whatever floats your boat, cause this is becoming ridiculous. Just let it go, man.

And let this thread die out in existence, Coolmofo, myself, Mighty, you (erm sorta) and many others have made their points. So its time to let this thread pass away.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 10:12   Link #124
GreyArea
Meatf***er

I must admit that the review is pretty spot on. The only gripe I can really find with it is that the reviewer seemed to stop paying attention once they realised that it was 'another shonen anime'; the comment about the 'ultimate technique' which Iruka says in the first episode/chapter is a high level technique, which to my mind - and surely to the mind of anyone claiming to be jaded by the cliches of the shonen genre is somewhat different to an ultimate technique).

The rest of it I find perfectly understandable. It is all cliched. But that doesnt stop it being enjoyable. Pretty much everything is cliched nowadays, appart from really off the wall stuff, or the occasional new spin on something established. There are redeeming factors for Naruto, but Im not going to go preaching them, nor slating someone for having a differring opinion to my own.

Also, (dont mean to single you out Nine Devil but...) this kind of comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
why in the hell do we talk here? We register there and bash that stupid
Spoiler:

edit:B*tch locked the thread.
.. is exactly the kind of thing that gives Naruto fans (or fanboys, to be specifically) a bad name. Mindless trolling, and the inability to accept that someone doesnt like your favorite* anime are the kind of stereotypical behaviour that really hurt the reputation of fans.

* I dont actually care if this is your favorite show or not
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 17:06   Link #125
CoolMofo

Man you really are an idiot! lol

Did you even read my second post? I wasn't talking to you. Seeing that both of my comments were so long I made it into two posts so I wouldn't confuse you anymore than you already are. If you read it, you'd realize PMA was a typo. I almost went out of my way to make sure my sentences were simple enough for you to understand, but overlooked PMA.

And I'll leave it at that. You're not fooling anyone.

Hey Jubei, glad you came along and enjoyed the jokes this guy's pulling.
CoolMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 18:41   Link #126
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Exclamation The final judgement.

I’m sorry for resurrecting this thread, but to this day I’m still pissed at how unaccepting most of you are to the fact that not everyone likes Naruto. I’ve been holding in my rage about some of your comments for 3 long months. If you thought I was cold in the HunterxHunter deserving it’s own thread fourm, this will make me look merciful there. I’m proud for those who could deal with reality and decided it’s their opinion, so why condemn those who don’t like it? However this is not the case for all of you. Here’s the deal with reviewing:

1. You watch the first few episodes.
2. You write a thought out review with the knowledge you has gathered about those episodes.
3. If you don’t like it, why should they continue?

I have a few comments for those who couldn’t deal with it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
pffffffffffff who give a serious fuck about what this
Spoiler:
has to say?

Just cause that person did a review
Obviously you do or you wouldn’t be insulting her like that, now would you? It would’ve been more convincing that you didn’t care if you didn’t insult her.

Quote:
sending a bom to her!
Once again another sign of unacceptance. She doesn't need yet another e-mail about others pointless bitching because she has a life and a job. J-O-B. Surprising isn’t it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanamasan
that bitch is stupid n she should be burned
Wow. Yet another example. Hope you realize she calls people like you
Spoiler:
Have you even thought about if you’re wrong or who cares what you’re opinion is? Everyone copies what you say for the rest of the thread. Thanks for getting rid a piece of intellect from the thread forver. We really needed that.[/sarcasm]

P.S. Children, don’t grow up by this Naruto Nazis example.

Quote:
why in the hell do we talk here? We register there and bash that stupid
Spoiler:

edit:B*tch locked the thread.
Sorry, but she didn’t lock it, but of course if you’ve bothered to check, it was a different person who locked it. This only shows your ignorance. Congrats. You made an idiot of yourself for thousands of people to see! How do you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
wow the bitch who wrote that probably doesnt get any
She’s married, but you go on ahead and make an ass of yourself. Let’s here you erotic adventures with women. Wait. Never mind. You can’t get laid because if you’ve had you would’ve been bragging about your sex life. This is the one that made me snap. Wonder what I think of your comment?

Your post is a bunch of bullshit!

And people wonder why everyone hates Naruto fan boys. Here’s the answer brought to you by this jerk.

Here’ someone who was too merciful to you fan boys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Why is she a bitch? For not liking something as much as we do? Your comment is nothing but self-centered and ignorant. Show some more respect then that will you?
He can accept the fact that not everyone likes Naruto.

:separating from the quote:

She did a review with what she had, and you aren’t pleased with that? 13 episodes x 25 minutes = 325 minutes = 5 hours 25 minutes of anime. She used over 5 hours of her time to even watch the anime when she could be watching something she would’ve enjoyed. Don’t go on say “5 hours of anime isn’t a lot of anime” because that’s a bunch of crap. Until I see any of you write reviews I don’t want to here your pointless bitching. I’m tried of it, and the other reviewers are too. :Including one of them being my brother:

Unless you have anything positive to say to the reviewer, don’t send anything. She isn’t going to give it 4 stars to please you and stop you’re whining like a bunch of babies.

3 stars = average (In case you were too busy sucking up to one another it means it means intermediate. If you still don’t get it look it up.)

That’s it. I doesn't mean it sucks. It means it’s good but not great. What was so hard of grasping such a simple concept? Obviously it takes a lot of brain power to figure this question because you’re too God damn busy mimicking one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilbunny
Not from any naruto fans anyway
She is not a whore. She’s married! This is another post that makes me want to be able to drive so I can put a bumper sticker saying “I don’t brake for stupid fan boys.

In case you can’t tell, I hate fan boy nazis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja
after watching ep 78...(not that i cared b4)

but shes better off not finishing the anime (or catching up at least)

SHE IS NOT WORTHY

ep 78
Tell me why she’s unworthy. Is it because she doesn’t have as much fucking time on her hands like you? May be because she’s too busy with a real job. How about getting out of your stupid fantasy world before I give you a crushing dose of reality?

I will do that, but at the end of my post.

Go outside, deal with it, and QUIT BEING BIASED! This is a perfect example of a post that will get you beaten up.

Overall I’m still pissed off and will never forgive you for your stupid comments that were basically played but with a slight change of words. Yeah you people sure have variety in your posts.[/sarcasm]

Final thought:

Not everyone likes Naruto. Deal with it. It may be a big wake-up call to hear that people actually hate Naruto. Never seen such stupid posts in my life. A phone-post could put up a better argument then you guys.

Get out of your stupid, God damn, shitty fantasy world and go through reality like you’ve never fucking did before! If you don’t, then you’ll be eaten alive in the real world.

Thank you for showing me that you can’t handle the truth. I’ll spare you the secret backlash behind your backs from everyone else except those who read this. You’ll be considered idiots by all for years to come. Thanks for showing me that your life performance depends if you like a certain overhyped half-assed anime.

Signed,

Razer_2mb

I want this thread locked now.

As the creator of the thread it should only be fair if I decide it should be locked. I want to make sure there are no trolls posting after this point with their meaningless bitching.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 18:57   Link #127
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I think someone needs a foot massage. Chill dude, seriously.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 20:06   Link #128
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Lol, sorry that I insulted your mum.

Anyways Shay said it already chill dude.
Old 2004-10-08, 20:11   Link #129
Joe Dalton

Rofl I was so happy seeing this thread revived... it has given me so much fun in the past

BTW this must be said... if something this stupid bothers you so much... telling people to get a life... well you know what I mean.
Old 2004-10-08, 20:22   Link #130
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Eventhough the reaction is overdone, you can't argue against the fact that some of the responses were pretty outrageous. I don't care much for reading such immature fanboy posts either. Ban em, for all I care. The review wasn't that bad, by the way, eventhough it missed the mark on some points. Naruto is fun, has a lot of things to debate about, but it's not the holy grail that some make it out to be.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 20:38   Link #131
Joe Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
but it's not the holy grail that some make it out to be.
As someone a while back debated valiantly, in some ways it is.
It's an anime made purely for succes. It's not made for an artistic vision but to make money. And it has captured a very large audience.
Now you will never hear me say it has a great story or character development. BUT it's a damned good product.
Old 2004-10-10, 12:16   Link #132
skillosopher
Dr. J

Send a message via AIM to skillosopher
i really like naruto even if its cliche shonen work. im going to be honest and say that i enjoyed the first 19 episodes better than any other story arc. its still enjoyable even though its "like other manga."

and...all the manga ive liked so far has followed this outline, of "power up, learn new technique, fight a strong boss, then a stronger boss." how can this be escaped? how and a series stay origional when themes have been done and re-done over and over.

however, this is the very reason i loved get backers so much, because it was atypical, new, and did not follow shonen manga cliches. check out this review of getbackers on www.anime-source.com.

Quote:
This is like watching your typical anime in reverse (not literally). Instead of a Naruto-like anime where the characters "power up" through training and growth, Get Backers has a different appeal. This is a fighting anime that is shrouded in mystery...

Throughout the entire series, you're dragged along wishing and hoping for bits of information about all of the mysterious characters' pasts and true fighting potential. The characters are humorous, cunning, interesting, unpredictable... and most importantly... cool (if you can't find Akabane cool, then you're crazy).

Oh... and the fillers have their ups and downs, but as the Get Backers addiction starts, you'll find yourself watching these episodes more than once.

I can't bring myself to rate this any lower than a 9/10. I'm not giving it a 10/10 because I fear that I might be biased, since "I" believe this anime is wonderful.

So... experience the mysterious appeal, and watch the Get Backers.
skillosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:36   Link #133
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
I’m sorry for resurrecting this thread, but to this day I’m still pissed at how unaccepting most of you are to the fact that not everyone likes Naruto. I’ve been holding in my rage about some of your comments for 3 long months. If you thought I was cold in the HunterxHunter deserving it’s own thread fourm, this will make me look merciful there. I’m proud for those who could deal with reality and decided it’s their opinion, so why condemn those who don’t like it? However this is not the case for all of you. Here’s the deal with reviewing:

1. You watch the first few episodes.
2. You write a thought out review with the knowledge you has gathered about those episodes.
3. If you don’t like it, why should they continue?

I have a few comments for those who couldn’t deal with it:

Obviously you do or you wouldn’t be insulting her like that, now would you? It would’ve been more convincing that you didn’t care if you didn’t insult her.

Once again another sign of unacceptance. She doesn't need yet another e-mail about others pointless bitching because she has a life and a job. J-O-B. Surprising isn’t it?!

Wow. Yet another example. Hope you realize she calls people like you
Spoiler:
Have you even thought about if you’re wrong or who cares what you’re opinion is? Everyone copies what you say for the rest of the thread. Thanks for getting rid a piece of intellect from the thread forver. We really needed that.[/sarcasm]

P.S. Children, don’t grow up by this Naruto Nazis example.

Sorry, but she didn’t lock it, but of course if you’ve bothered to check, it was a different person who locked it. This only shows your ignorance. Congrats. You made an idiot of yourself for thousands of people to see! How do you feel?

She’s married, but you go on ahead and make an ass of yourself. Let’s here you erotic adventures with women. Wait. Never mind. You can’t get laid because if you’ve had you would’ve been bragging about your sex life. This is the one that made me snap. Wonder what I think of your comment?

Your post is a bunch of bullshit!

And people wonder why everyone hates Naruto fan boys. Here’s the answer brought to you by this jerk.

Here’ someone who was too merciful to you fan boys:

He can accept the fact that not everyone likes Naruto.

:separating from the quote:

She did a review with what she had, and you aren’t pleased with that? 13 episodes x 25 minutes = 325 minutes = 5 hours 25 minutes of anime. She used over 5 hours of her time to even watch the anime when she could be watching something she would’ve enjoyed. Don’t go on say “5 hours of anime isn’t a lot of anime” because that’s a bunch of crap. Until I see any of you write reviews I don’t want to here your pointless bitching. I’m tried of it, and the other reviewers are too. :Including one of them being my brother:

Unless you have anything positive to say to the reviewer, don’t send anything. She isn’t going to give it 4 stars to please you and stop you’re whining like a bunch of babies.

3 stars = average (In case you were too busy sucking up to one another it means it means intermediate. If you still don’t get it look it up.)

That’s it. I doesn't mean it sucks. It means it’s good but not great. What was so hard of grasping such a simple concept? Obviously it takes a lot of brain power to figure this question because you’re too God damn busy mimicking one another.

She is not a whore. She’s married! This is another post that makes me want to be able to drive so I can put a bumper sticker saying “I don’t brake for stupid fan boys.

In case you can’t tell, I hate fan boy nazis.

Tell me why she’s unworthy. Is it because she doesn’t have as much fucking time on her hands like you? May be because she’s too busy with a real job. How about getting out of your stupid fantasy world before I give you a crushing dose of reality?

I will do that, but at the end of my post.

Go outside, deal with it, and QUIT BEING BIASED! This is a perfect example of a post that will get you beaten up.

Overall I’m still pissed off and will never forgive you for your stupid comments that were basically played but with a slight change of words. Yeah you people sure have variety in your posts.[/sarcasm]

Final thought:

Not everyone likes Naruto. Deal with it. It may be a big wake-up call to hear that people actually hate Naruto. Never seen such stupid posts in my life. A phone-post could put up a better argument then you guys.

Get out of your stupid, God damn, shitty fantasy world and go through reality like you’ve never fucking did before! If you don’t, then you’ll be eaten alive in the real world.

Thank you for showing me that you can’t handle the truth. I’ll spare you the secret backlash behind your backs from everyone else except those who read this. You’ll be considered idiots by all for years to come. Thanks for showing me that your life performance depends if you like a certain overhyped half-assed anime.

Signed,

Razer_2mb

I want this thread locked now.

As the creator of the thread it should only be fair if I decide it should be locked. I want to make sure there are no trolls posting after this point with their meaningless bitching.

i disagree with her review, mostly cause there is an obviopus bias, she starts the review in a tone saying look at this thing everybody likes and says is great. the tone is of a person who doesnt like a popular show really. from the first sentences its apparent shes gonna try to tear it down. Also reviewing a long lasting anime on the first episode is a bit weird, because really you cant usually get much out of a 20 minute episode. And yes the charachters all seem one dimensional in the first ep... but its the first ep... how many dimensions can a charachter get in 1 episode... Some of her main beefs are things that are actually very inaccurate in the series, complaining about animation quality... i supposed the best thing is spend your whole anime budget on the first ep to avoid these reviews... but thats doesnt really mean the series anime is good. Basically the prob i have with the reviewer is she didnt really do her job. She starts out the review biased, its obvious from the start she's expecting it to be incredibly great or it wont live up to the "hype" she apparently is caught in the antihype. She appears to also have only watched one episode from her reviews, i would expect at least 2-3 episodes of a 20 minute anime. Also the person who wrote this reply is also guily of having a backslash un objective mentality. And asks for the thread to be locked after reviving it... its a furom opinions meant to be discussed. just as you say people should respect her right to disagree, you gotta give the same rope. Don t be close minded complaining of close mindedness.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 14:37   Link #134
Joe Dalton

I'm sorry... I must ask, but do you honestly believe it deserved a higher rating then she gives it when reviewing based not on succes but.
Animation.
Depth of the story.
Development of characters.
Voice acting.

She doesn't slash Naruto she says it's average. And this may be a shock, but that is not an insult.
Also im curious to how you think someone can give a bad review and NOT seem bias... Or simply how you define bias.
I mean the statement you disagree with someone because they are bias is mind boggling to me.
Let me get this straight... you disagree with me that Hitler should have never gotten any power? Because im pretty damned biased regarding this.
Old 2004-10-10, 15:50   Link #135
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Well frankly Joe Dalton I think too that it's a bad review, it's not because she thinks the anime of Naruto is average (I agree with that) but simply because her review hasn't any interest.
You just can't make a relevant review of a series when you only saw a couple of episodes.

Besides I must admit that I can't take seriously a preview complaning about the characters of a shonen manga because they're Shonen Archetype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillosopher
however, this is the very reason i loved get backers so much, because it was atypical, new, and did not follow shonen manga cliches.
There is absolutely nothing new in Get Backers.
Don't get me wrong, I loved this anime as well and I think it was way better than the anime of Naruto (except for the last filler arc ending the series).
But to say that it wasn't full of clichés as all the shonen?
As many people think that DBZ is the first shonen ever maybe

This kind of manga has its codes that the mankagas must follow
The scenaristic structure and the narration of the shonen are basically always the same with slight differences.
It's in these slight difference which can make or not the success of a shonen (or shojo, etc. btw), you must interest the readers with a story based on unsurprising and monolitic elements which is all but easy.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 16:00   Link #136
swerv
Stay Up

"cliche shonen anime" just about says it all.

It's basically entertaining, if you don't over analyse it.
Old 2004-10-10, 16:35   Link #137
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Screw the critic's opinion is what I say. Fact is, she's seen hundreds maybe thousands of different animes, she has a right to be tired. Me? Heck Naruto is something like my tenth or twelfth anime, and it happens to be one of the more entertaining series I've ever seen. So while she may infact know more than me and could very well be right, I don't care! I feel lucky Naruto came along when it did for me because now I get to enjoy it!
Hey and guess what, any show that happens to be entertaining is good(note: not awesome, not L33T not NARTUO PWNS UUU!!!1!!!!1! Just good) you know why? Because it's objective is to entertain!! When you watch a series that you think is shallow or ugly or that's simply boring, then you say it's not good. Another thing, I don't really mean screw the reviewer, she just has a different outlook on what Naruto is than I do, I don't have a problem with that. I do have a proble with people saying this should influence the way I see Naruto in any way. My point? Maybe one day I'll have seen a thousand animes too ( I hope to god I never have that much free time though..) and I'll rewatch Naruto and not understand how I ever liked it, but until then, ignorance of of just how good or bad Naruto is equals bliss for me.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 09:35   Link #138
Kurapica

Fact is Naruto isn't as good as a lot of fans make it out to be. It's good entertainment and probably offers some thinkingwork for the younger viewers. All in all, above average.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 09:50   Link #139
Anthriel
天使

I think people need to differentiate between things they like, and things that are actually good. No one in his right mind would compare Mozart with some Techno DJ, but that doesn't mean you have to enjoy Mozart more. No one in his right mind would call Naruto a great work of art, but that doesn't mean you cannot enjoy it.
I like Serial Experiments more than any other anime, but I'm not quite if it is the best one, in fact, I doubt it.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 13:01   Link #140
realdeal
The Real Deal

razer 2mb your funny. You post a bad review of Naruto in A NARUTO FORUM, then get seriously pissed when you see some fanboys disagreing with it or even angry with the review? What did you expect? If I go into a Mike Tyson training camp and start mouthing off about how he is so crap but that is just my opinion, I KNOW I would be asking for trouble. I just dont get why you came here to post a bad review of naruto knowing theres alot of fanboys here and expect everyong to agree or not get pissed about it...

About the series though, with all the fillers Id rate it about 3.5*, - the fillers 4*. Its one of the best series Ive seen in a long time, it may not be the most artistic or deepest series around, but its enjoyable and I believe that is the point of the anime. Some people love Raging Bull & Hate Rocky, their reasoning usally is because Raging Bull is so much deeper. To me however, raging bull is more of a psychology lesson whilst Rocky is a feel good movie, I rate the movie based on how much I enjoyed it not how crafty it is.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote