AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-09-15, 13:58   Link #1981
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't have much expectations for Drive back when it started but it turned out to be truly great. Those past few episodes have been amazing. I particularly loved the Roidmudes, it's sad to see them die one after another. It will probably be Heart's turn next week. Does he even want to live now that all of his closest friends and brethrens are gone?
I wouldn't be surprise if that's what it comes down to. Him letting himself get killed since all his friends are gone.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 02:46   Link #1982
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Aaah, thanks. I didn't remember that. That's why I felt it weird how she never said or react to things related to Bannou But still, she should say "I told you so" or something, or at least say a line or two on Bannou's final moment But at least when she cried knowing Chase died felt genuine, made the scene even more painful ;_;
She did warn someone, that someone is Shin (during Tornado case).

I can understand why Kiriko didn't say "I told you so" line at Banno last moment because of two reasons.

First, Gou is currently on hiding (from every commanders) after he got access to Banno knowledge on tablet, Kiriko won't learn about Banno status until Banno infiltrate Drive Pit. Second, she is considerate to Gou (after learning Banno is still alive as program), as she said to Shin that the reason why she hide fact from Gou about their father madness was because Gou is too young (during childhood) and sometimes reckless (until now); maybe she want Gou to 'see it by yourself' since Gou hardly listening people advices, unlike Shin and Chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I wouldn't be surprise if that's what it comes down to. Him letting himself get killed since all his friends are gone.
... Or tried his best as the last man standing, firmly stand and fight to prove his ideals to the very end.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 18:22   Link #1983
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Spoiler for Finale:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 02:06   Link #1984
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Drive - Finale - Who Will You Entrust the Future to, My Friend?:
Old 2015-09-22, 06:49   Link #1985
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Spoiler for Finale impression:

All in all, Drive was really good. For me Gaim had it easy, coming after the boring Wizard along with Urobuchi hype and breaking the 2-week format of course it'd look good and fresh as fruit (pun intended), but on the other hand it gave Drive the pressure especially when they said it will back to the old format, making me skeptical if it will be as enjoyable, let alone top Gaim so I don't have any big expectation back then. And truly, Drive started slow and after awhile it felt repetitive in its first half, but after Chase "lost for real" the show suddenly ALWAYS in top gear and it was a really good ride ever since, or in Mr Belt's words, "Nice Drive!"

Btw, do we have any idea if the special next week will be a flashback or continuation of the ending?
Old 2015-09-22, 09:12   Link #1986
The 48th Ronin

Well, another series is entering the annals of Kamen Rider history.

It was a wild ride. And I can only say one thing: Nice Drive!

PS: So that's Chase's human copy, eh?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 11:41   Link #1987
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Heart's final moments really got me. That scene could not have possibly been better. Belt-san's farewells were also good though not really in the same ballpark.

I'll miss this show but I'm looking forward to Ghost. The concept is interesting and I actually like the suit this time.
Old 2015-09-27, 05:25   Link #1988
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Images
Yes. He deserves it ...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I wonder if there'll be movie for Brain and (especially) Heart as well ...
Old 2015-09-27, 07:48   Link #1989
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Images
Yes. He deserves it ...

I wonder if there'll be movie for Brain and (especially) Heart as well ...
is that what I think it is (gaiden)?
Old 2015-09-27, 07:50   Link #1990
The 48th Ronin

KR Ghost Episode 1 preview:

YouTube
Old 2015-09-28, 06:51   Link #1991
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
is that what I think it is (gaiden)?
Yes. Just like W's Accel and Eternal, and Gaim's Zangetsu, Baron, etc.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/09/...ema-announced/
Old 2015-09-28, 09:40   Link #1992
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
don't tell me the police guy that where Chase copied his appearance from is going to be the one using Chase's equipment as his successor?, unless Gou still keeps wanting to use the Mach-Chaser fusion body.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 12:59   Link #1993
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
don't tell me the police guy that where Chase copied his appearance from is going to be the one using Chase's equipment as his successor?, unless Gou still keeps wanting to use the Mach-Chaser fusion body.
Looks like it'll be side-story of Chase during his active time before his final battle (similar to Eternal).
Personally, I wonder if there will be scene of 000 copying Kouichi included since we already saw how Brain and Medic got their appearance, although if I think again, it'll fit more on Type Tokujo.

Watching the final episode again, I just noticed something fun.
All three riders bid their farewell to us while riding vehicle that representing their development to some extent.

Shin is riding a red car with Kiriko, Gou ride a black motorcycle with sidecar with Harley, while Kouichi (Chase representative) ride a white motorcycle.

Old 2015-09-29, 01:36   Link #1994
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The ending was so utterly disappointing. God... when I thought a week of waiting for a badass finale would come it just kind of zipped by and I was left staring blankly into a screen of moving pictures. I mean come on. Episode 46 really brought it, 45 and maybe even 44. Some people may say that Drive gets a hard time for being compared to its superior and much hyped predecessor Gaim, but I've always held it up to the same writer's previous work, W, for comparison.

He had great ideas but none of them translated well at all. Drive is by no means bad, it has its good points and I would say that at least 25% of the series was good as opposed to Wizard's one break-out awesome episode(Flame Dragon debut). It's just too bad that I heard it was supposed to be the same production crew as W, and made my expectations skyrocket because I hold W to be one of the best heisei series ever. Even at its bland middling episodes, W was able to use those bland episodes to add depth to both characters and plot, even to a miniscule, if not comedic, degree.

I have to say I only really enjoyed learning where Chase got his human form from, but in the end I'm just hoping Ghost will be more coherent than Drive at least.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2015-09-29 at 04:36.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 08:56   Link #1995
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

So Drive epilogue was okay, it's kinda weak.

Nice to see the casts for one last time, before the inevitable crossover movie(s) anyway like what Ghost said

But damn, the final confrontation with Neo Shade was cringeworthy. They forgot Kiriko could handle Roidmude more than once but they reduced her to damsel role here to show Shinnosuke's growth. His development was great, I know, but they should at least make the stake higher. Nonetheless, my opinion of the series overall didn't change. It was a still a pretty Nice Drive.

Old 2015-09-29, 09:07   Link #1996
The 48th Ronin

Welp, that special episode is kinda mediocre. But nonetheless, it's still a nice wrap up to Drive. Looking forward to the Movie War this year.

Aaand finally, Ghost next week. Can't wait to see how it goes.

PS:

Shinnosuke: "And that Eiji, was how I met your mother."
Old 2015-09-29, 12:43   Link #1997
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The previous episode was the final episode. The current episode is more of a bridge like what they did with Wizard.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 12:46   Link #1998
GDB

Ghost looks interesting, though the "special effects" in that preview (especially the floating/flying) looked horrendous.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 07:49   Link #1999
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Never thought the special episode would wrap up Drive nicely.

Love how Shin imagine Belt-san, they're partner for long, I can understand that.
Shin is also sharp as usual, it doesn't need long time for him to notice that Eyecon is Ghost's transformation item.

Yes, its true that true evil lies in human heart, and that evil won't ended just because there's no more Heart or Banno.
Can't became Kamen Rider after defeating a world-scale threat doesn't mean everything is over or there is nothing to do anymore;
Shin still have his achievement as a police officer and he should held his head high for that; move forward, for the future Belt-san entrust to him.

I'd say, Shin managed to score high on my book as a Rider figure worth to respect.

That last message from Klim and information of who is Eiji mother-- a satisfying wrap up ("Keep Driving!") after the finale which conclude it in full circle following its episode title ("Who Will You Entrust The Future To, My Friend?").

Nice Drive!
Old 2015-10-02, 10:27   Link #2000
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I just watch the Drive talk show and damn, it was sooo entertaining despite not all the cast shows up and this took place during mid series. Gou and Brain really stole the show.

Too bad talk show like this rarely ever subbed. I can only understand so much with my so-so Japanese >.>

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu