AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-01-30, 23:31   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 931 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How's it going, guys? Spoiler info is out, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Title is "O-Soba Mask". Splash features Nami and Zeus.

-Although reluctant to use it, Sanji acknowledges he can't be stubborn when it comes to facing an emperor's forces, and puts on the suit! Being a fellow North Blue native, Law is familiar with Germa's raid suits. The one Sanji uses is called Stealth Black, which uses cloaking technology to make its wearer invisible.... in other words, the kind of ability Sanji always desired. As he fights Page One, the headliner transforms into his beastman mode and lands a powerful blow on the cook, but thanks to the suit, he receives no damage! He then lands his own counterattack on the dino-man....!!!

-Meanwhile, Robin is sneaking around the shogun's castle, searching for the Poneglyph. Unfortunately, she gets caught by the shogunate's undercover agents, the Oniwaban. We then cut to Chopper who, alongside Momonosuke, Tama, and Okiku, are all hanging out at the beach in Kuri. Who should they encounter there, but..... BIG MOM!! However, something is up with the empress..... it would seem that her tumble down the waterfall has given her.... amnesia!!??

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-02-01 at 10:00.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 23:54   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

If Sanji peeps on Nami and Robin using that kind of suit, surely both girls will develop Haki only to prevent Sanji from peeping them. Furthermore, Brook will be extremely jealous of Sanji.

Time to re-indoctrinate Big Mom. Maybe she can be an ally to Straw hats :3 hopefully we can find someone that can manipulate her "really bad".
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 01:27   Link #3
marvelB

Slightly updated the summary. Welp, I certainly won't deny that an amnesiac Big Mom is convenient as heck, but at least this gives our heroes an excuse to recruit an extremely powerful ally (albeit temporarily). Still, I have to wonder if Linlin really lost her memory from a mere bop on the head? I mean, despite falling down a waterfall, it still feels like it would take more than that to scramble a Yonkou's brain. You know, while she wasn't present in the previous chapter, there's still a certain Charlotte daughter whose specialty lies in futzing around with people's memories.....

Also, considering how powerful that suit is, I sort of have the feeling that Sanji won't be keeping that thing around forever. It kinda strikes me as a temporary change of style, like when he used knives to fight Wanze in the sea train. Besides, as already mentioned, no way in hell are the ladies going to stand having an invisible stalker on their ship, lol.
Old 2019-01-31, 01:27   Link #4
Tuor

Well, Nami does have a part of Big Mom's soul: Zeus.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 09:25   Link #5
grecefar

I'm happy for sanji, he finally got his wish and dream.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 12:16   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I doubt Sanji is going to keep this suit too. Or if he does, then the stealth function will somehow become unusable (maybe destroyed by Nami and Robin themselves).

As for Big Mom, I really hope it's Pudding's doing, because otherwise it's pretty bad writing.
Old 2019-01-31, 19:15   Link #7
Ramero

That's only happen if Sanji went too far on peeping Nami and Robin using that suit. Rather, i want to see Zoro's reaction if Zoro vs Sanji with Sanji wearing that suit. I bet Sanji's Raid Suit can also become handy when fighting Admiral as well.
Old 2019-01-31, 22:57   Link #8
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Slightly updated the summary. Welp, I certainly won't deny that an amnesiac Big Mom is convenient as heck, but at least this gives our heroes an excuse to recruit an extremely powerful ally (albeit temporarily). Still, I have to wonder if Linlin really lost her memory from a mere bop on the head? I mean, despite falling down a waterfall, it still feels like it would take more than that to scramble a Yonkou's brain. You know, while she wasn't present in the previous chapter, there's still a certain Charlotte daughter whose specialty lies in futzing around with people's memories.....

Also, considering how powerful that suit is, I sort of have the feeling that Sanji won't be keeping that thing around forever. It kinda strikes me as a temporary change of style, like when he used knives to fight Wanze in the sea train. Besides, as already mentioned, no way in hell are the ladies going to stand having an invisible stalker on their ship, lol.
On first glance the amnesia thing seems like a cheap and rather silly plot device. Especially when you consider that it'll likely only apply to Big Mom and not her children (wherever they currently are). Still have to wait and see though.

On suggestions for Pudding being the possible cause of said memory loss my questions are when would it have happened? While climbing the waterfall or falling down after King attacked them or while they were in the ocean? Also for what purpose? If it's to prevent fighting why now and not before Big Mom left to go to Wano? And please don't say lack of opportunity or spur of the moment or something like that. Not good reasons in my opinion.

As for Sanji keeping the suit I think he'll pull it out when he feels it's really needed, depending on the situation at hand. Like facing an emperor and their crew or an admiral for example. He's smart enough to realise the necessity of having that kind of power close at hand, ready for use.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 00:51   Link #9
Azurial

Lmao Big Mom XD i guess this is where Luffy and BigMom alliance begin XD Chopper reaction is great XD. If Big Mom still have her memory lost in the entire arc i can see Luffy&Katakuri mow down Kaido goons
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 01:20   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

HAHAHA Big Mom got amnesia... can you believe this?

and congratulations for Sanji.. you're the ultimate invisible person right now

I hope nothing would happen to Robin please save her
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 01:42   Link #11
The Small One

I'm a bit surprised, that Law recognized this specific Raid Suit with the number 3. I got the impression, that each of the princes got the suit, which fits to their name, so Sanji never wore this suit. Neither should have anybody else.

About Big Mom: It doesn't really have to be a complete Amnesia. It could just be some dizzyness after beeing unconscious.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 03:17   Link #12
Shinigami_258

really, really love this show! Big mom`s amnesia!? - OMG!
Shinigami_258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 07:37   Link #13
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's chapters like this that really remind me of how much I love this manga.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 08:23   Link #14
mickbis

8Big Mom just become biggest potential ally...
And of course if Strawhat treat her well despite the danger
Her children could endup on their side too
A big war against Kaido indeed
As Luffy Kid and Law combine shouldnt be able to handle Kaido IMO
Have Yonkou battle will be interesting to see
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 08:59   Link #15
grecefar

well typical cliche with the amnesia but is funny because it was chopper who found her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 10:17   Link #16
marvelB

Hm, something I find interesting is that Sanji said he wants to have Usopp and Franky modify the suit later.... I think I predicted something like that happening when he first got the suit. Well, even if they don't get rid of the cloaking function, maybe they can equip it with an alarm or something that goes off whenever he gets near a woman, heh. Anyway, looks like Usopp and co. will be running into Zoro soon, since they're headed to Ebisu. I wonder if Drake's team will follow them there....?

And boy, Robin sure is in a pickle, getting caught by an entire ninja squad! I like all those crazy designs they have, at least. As for Big Mom, I don't really have much to add to what I said, earlier. I'm just gonna sit back and see what direction this ride takes us next....
Old 2019-02-01, 12:50   Link #17
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hm, something I find interesting is that Sanji said he wants to have Usopp and Franky modify the suit later.... I think I predicted something like that happening when he first got the suit. Well, even if they don't get rid of the cloaking function, maybe they can equip it with an alarm or something that goes off whenever he gets near a woman, heh. Anyway, looks like Usopp and co. will be running into Zoro soon, since they're headed to Ebisu. I wonder if Drake's team will follow them there....?

And boy, Robin sure is in a pickle, getting caught by an entire ninja squad! I like all those crazy designs they have, at least. As for Big Mom, I don't really have much to add to what I said, earlier. I'm just gonna sit back and see what direction this ride takes us next....
I was more thinking that maybe he want some upgrades. Like extended stealth or maybe faster mobility. Additionally, since we haven't seen diable jamble in Raid suit, i bet Sanji want Usopp and Franky to upgrade the boots so it can withstand the pressure and stress of his diable jamble. Or maybe to match his epither of Black Leg ones but still, i wonder what kind of upgrade that Sanji wants anyway?

First time Robin got compromised like that. It seems Ninjas are well-trained to detect espionage.
Old 2019-02-01, 13:01   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Of course the first thing Sanji thought about was that he could use the suit to peep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm a bit surprised, that Law recognized this specific Raid Suit with the number 3. I got the impression, that each of the princes got the suit, which fits to their name, so Sanji never wore this suit. Neither should have anybody else.
It was indeed weird. It felt more like he was going off stories he had read in a manga or something, talking about "Good guys vs Evil Germa 66".
Old 2019-02-01, 13:20   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was indeed weird. It felt more like he was going off stories he had read in a manga or something, talking about "Good guys vs Evil Germa 66".

I dunno, I don't think it's all that strange. I mean, Germa couldn't have possibly completed that suit without testing it in actual combat, right? In that case, I see no problem with Sanji's siblings (or maybe even Judge) wearing it themselves to test out the suit's capabilities.... and I suppose their test run just so happened to catch the WG's eye and got publicized. Otherwise, I see no reason why Niji would leave him with an untested, possibly defective suit (other than to be a dick, and while he was one, the situation at the time didn't call for him to be one at that particular instance).
Old 2019-02-01, 22:59   Link #20
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Maybe I missed it, but is Sanji fighting a synthetic devil fruit user? If so, it seems like these characters are fodder akin to the level a Kuma clone would be.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote