AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 01:37   Link #261
Lloyd-sama

First thing, hello all, i used to browse this forum a lot but my its my first time posting. (sorry if my english isn't correct, im from a foreign country)

I'm amazed to see how much people are complaining because they don't have a clue about what's happening. The same people that are complaining when we can have a whole understanding at the first ep, stating that it's a boring show...

manga freaks really seems to be lost kids sometimes

anyway, since i've read the manga, not to long ago, my guess is:
Spoiler:

Since i din't read much about this show, maybe it's written somewhere that this is a "post manga" series, if so sorry to have interrupt your babling.... sorry i mean your passionnate debate, about a this very enternaining show.

Yomi i love you, keep going !

Last edited by Lloyd-sama; 2008-10-16 at 02:00. Reason: wooow seems my reply arrived late
Lloyd-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 02:32   Link #262
kljs
Codename : Dreams

Send a message via ICQ to kljs Send a message via MSN to kljs Send a message via Yahoo to kljs
I believe everyone would want to know what happen next..... who wouldn't? You get to a villain getting the better of the main cast in epi 1, then the main cast from the manga gets owned by the same villain.... it's like Lex Luther bludgeoning Superman to a bloody corpse, then the next day beheading Batman and Robin. You would want to know who Lex Luther is going to murder next.

However, there is a limit to this this approach (if episode 3 is just the same). If you let Lex Luther continuing whacking superheroes, the question of WHY/HOW/WHAT appears. You KNOW Lex Luther is going to off another superhero, but you don't know why?how?what? and more ???????.

Same goes here. So, if we finds out that Yomi is the lead character in this series. YEAH, it is refreshing. YEAH, it is ORIGINAL. YEAH, finally the bad guys wins FOR ONCE. YEAH..... and more YEAH. I love it.
But that is the extent I am going to go. Bad guys killing good guys isn't that UNCOMMON. Seen it, Hated it, Lived with it. It's all in the storyline.

The main thing people are complaining about this is, they only saw the killing part, but don't know the reason behind it. (yet)......... And also, the main cast that was shown in the website and promotional posters are killed off in just one episode. If no explanation is given, it's ok, if the storyline continues along from episode 2 by the co-called new main cast and they do battle with the lead villain. Some good guys get killed off, but the new main cast left with a few survivors, all would be forgiven if the first main cast's death isn't explain. I won't be bothered. But now, we are left with another deaths of the main cast...... so, how is the storyline going to continue from there? Drag out more main characters from their own ass? then kill them over and over again? Is this a formula for a good storyline? I would say no. The awed factor is there, but with no substance. It's good we get to see violence and gore, but it would be better if we see violence, gore and STORY.

Wouldn't you all agree?
kljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 02:43   Link #263
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Though many people are complaining on it, I'm actually happy with what the director's work on the first two episodes xD The show keeps me guessing and reveals to me shocking events xD Fight scenes had been awesome! The characters, both the groups of the first two episodes, had been awesome. I like this much more than the manga.

My only "major" complain I guess is Kagura's character design in the anime ^^; I prefer her manga design ^^; hehe.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 03:51   Link #264
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd-sama View Post
First thing, hello all, i used to browse this forum a lot but my its my first time posting. (sorry if my english isn't correct, im from a foreign country)

I'm amazed to see how much people are complaining because they don't have a clue about what's happening. The same people that are complaining when we can have a whole understanding at the first ep, stating that it's a boring show...

manga freaks really seems to be lost kids sometimes

anyway, since i've read the manga, not to long ago, my guess is:
Spoiler:

Since i din't read much about this show, maybe it's written somewhere that this is a "post manga" series, if so sorry to have interrupt your babling.... sorry i mean your passionnate debate, about a this very enternaining show.

Yomi i love you, keep going !
we have discussed your point but like some of us said here, we just have to wait for episode 3 to see whether they actually killed off kagura and nori, by then we know the story will be a prequel or something new.

No im not lost
Old 2008-10-16, 06:29   Link #265
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

That was mildly better than the first episode. The cheese factor wasn't so high.

You know what I like. When a series kills off important characters with no warning. That takes balls, especially if it's a particularly popular character. It keeps the audience on their toes as well. No one is "safe", no one is absolutely certain to survive. It works a bit better if it's a likable character. I think this show's problem is that you can't make a likable character in a single episode. It takes more than that. But I don't mind this show killing off important characters with no warning. But each time it does so, the impact lessens, especially if they're doing it with this sort of regularity. If ep 3 is more of the same, no one's gonna care by then because no one's going to see a reason to become invested in the characters if they're pretty sure they're going to die by the end of the episode.

I want to see characters die, but I want to see it done sparingly and with no prior warning. There's no impact if it's done this regularly.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 14:51   Link #266
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Episode 3 would be interesting. Assuming Kagura and Nori lived (which I am assuming right now), then we'll know for sure this is a prequel.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-16, 17:24   Link #267
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well atleast the cast they used this time was enjoyable to watch unlike in episode 1...It would be nice at some point to get something resembling a plot to go with all the random killing and general mass effort at being "cool" though.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 17:49   Link #268
kljs

Send a message via ICQ to kljs Send a message via MSN to kljs Send a message via Yahoo to kljs
Which is why Episode 3 will be the key episode that define this series. For the gore and violence fans, they can't be bothered with this. To them, no storyline? who cares. As Long as they get their fix of blood and violence.

For some of us, like me. I welcome the new approach, but the absence of any storyline makes me feel this is just like a session at the cybercafe with my friends playing rounds and rounds of any first person shooter e.g Counter Strike, Serious Sam 2...etc...... See anything that moves, shoot. don't care who it is.
Old 2008-10-16, 18:11   Link #269
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kljs View Post
Which is why Episode 3 will be the key episode that define this series. For the gore and violence fans, they can't be bothered with this. To them, no storyline? who cares. As Long as they get their fix of blood and violence.
Even if its another episode of the same I will continue to watch just because I'm a junkie for this kind of stuff. ANyhow that doesn't mean I won't give up the series. If it really goes absolutley no wear for at least 5 episodes then there will be a problem for me.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 19:40   Link #270
loltan

I just started watching this... and it's kinda... creepy?

Then I watched the Lucky Star OVA Again while trying to picture Yomi speaking like Misao.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 19:59   Link #271
CocoWawa

I've seen the 2 first episodes... So far the only thing that has kept me wanting to see more is the endings. They are frustratingly intriguing and makes me wanna see more.

I'd say there are more cons to this series so far, as pros. The animation is quite nice except for the CG, it is like nail, no a nail gun firing in my eye. The big monsters are just too much not blending in. It is fast pace action with little depth, I mean some parts are really cool but it somehow feels like it is too much and it gets a bit ridiculous.... But then the ending comes, and I am like, dude what?! o.O...

This anime has potential to become really good but I am afraid it is going to become another "Macross Frontier"-like Fiasco.

PS
Maybe "fiasco" was a little too harsh but it is what Macross F meant to me. I was liking it in the beginning. But for some reasons I started hating it towards the end or the middle. I didn't mean to troll, I just noticed that I was charing some feelings and thoughts with some other people when I read the reviews on AniDB - http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...meatt&aid=5415. Sorry for the OT...
DS

Last edited by CocoWawa; 2008-10-17 at 01:26. Reason: Elaboration
CocoWawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 21:58   Link #272
kljs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoWawa View Post
.......going to become another "Macross Frontier"-like Fiasco......

OT : There is a Macross Frontier fiasco? How?
Old 2008-10-16, 22:22   Link #273
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I think he's referring to Epic Trolling
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:22   Link #274
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Quick disclaimer: I have watched none of this, and probably won't... just homed in on "bike-fu".
Took a look at the show's website, under Items is the following motorcycle that I hope is the same one from the scene people were talking about:
http://www.ga-rei.jp/item/item_weapon02.html

Closest match I could find is this:
http://www.motoplanete.com/honda/cbr...-wallpaper.jpg

Bit of modification to the lower cowl and the headlights, but basically that's the body.
CBR 1000 is stylish and almost stupidly overpowered, a natural pairing with anime bad girls. I'm fairly certain that Tamako in Denno Coil rides a black CBR 1000. Was also featured somewhere in Kamen Rider.
Old 2008-10-16, 23:32   Link #275
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Spoiler for Question:
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:57   Link #276
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Goddammit, they better bring squad 4 back soon. I don't care whether they are just original characters that served no purpose. They were awesome. ;_;

Kagura is annoying.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:58   Link #277
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for Answer:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 06:09   Link #278
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So that means the rest of us have to endure the complaining until ep. 3 and if those complainers still have problems after ep. 3 has aired then we can tell them "Hasta la vista, baby!"?
Old 2008-10-17, 06:28   Link #279
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Whiners about whiners can be just as much annoying though.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:02   Link #280
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ep 2

That was mildly better than the first episode. The cheese factor wasn't so high.

You know what I like. When a series kills off important characters with no warning. That takes balls, especially if it's a particularly popular character. It keeps the audience on their toes as well. No one is "safe", no one is absolutely certain to survive. It works a bit better if it's a likable character. I think this show's problem is that you can't make a likable character in a single episode. It takes more than that. But I don't mind this show killing off important characters with no warning. But each time it does so, the impact lessens, especially if they're doing it with this sort of regularity. If ep 3 is more of the same, no one's gonna care by then because no one's going to see a reason to become invested in the characters if they're pretty sure they're going to die by the end of the episode.

I want to see characters die, but I want to see it done sparingly and with no prior warning. There's no impact if it's done this regularly.
I don't know about the characters not being likable. I already was warming up to the first ep's cast, the second ep's cast I don't want to see them go (especially Kagura) and unfortunately through all these deaths we get to see the past more and more. Which is pretty backwards way of telling the story, which both intrigues me but is sorta frustrating. Because the situation is dire enough for main characters to die off and that only makes me want to cling to a hero/heroine all the more.

Maybe they're somehow building up the murderous demons as somehow the heroes of the story if that makes any sense.

As for the cheese factor, I actually welcome it for this kind of show. It's sorta like with Bleach or Naruto where you just want to see the new characters just to see what kind of stuff they have up their sleeve. Cheesiness be damned.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen