Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-26, 19:30   Link #1
Yascob99

Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan[Manga]

Manga Translation progress:
Chapter 1:
temporarily stopped translating to study for exams probably will do parts of it when I'm not studying then finish up all the other chapters after I'm finished with exams (last one is December 12th)
(btw there will not be too much cleaning or redrawing because that is beyond my ability)
Translation - 8/33 pages (most of the early ones have a lot of text)
Typesetting - 0/33

Hello this is one of my first major posts but I want to start this topic because of personal interest and to ask for a bit of help. I found this series while looking for anime to watch, however it has yet to air. Usually, in that case, I try to find the manga and light novel but, of course, those have yet to translated so I decided to try and translate the manga.

I do have decent japanese skills and can slowly work my way through it learning things as I go, but ocasionally I run into problems which is where I need help. Now that I've explained the circumstances I should properly introuce the series.

Quote:
Kusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan/ The Instructor of Aerial Combat Wizard Candidates/ (空戦魔導士候補生の教官)
Author : Yu Moroboshi (諸星 悠)
Artist : Arisu Shidou (獅童ありす)

Quote:
The story is set in the world where the human race is forced to live in aerial floating cities by the threat of evil creatures called Makouchu. Thus wizards — aerial combat mages who fight the insects with magical powers — came into being.

Kanata Age (Eiji) is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of "Misutogan." He was once celebrated as the "Black Master Swordsman," the elite ace of the S128 special team. However, he is now despised as the "traitor of the special team." One day, he is assigned as the instructor of E601, a team that has suffered 10 consecutive defeats. E601 has three girls — Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel.

Last edited by Flower; 2015-07-13 at 06:23.
Yascob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 19:32   Link #2
Yascob99

Things I need help with

Here is my list of terminology so far. It would be nice if it could be checked over and if some sugestions were made especially for the ones that I could not fully translate, if I could properly translate it at all.

魔甲蟲(まこうちゅう) - Magical Armoured Insects/Insect

浮遊都市(ふゆうとし) - Floating Cities/City (another option is Wandering Cities)

ウィザード - Wizards (pretty confident on this one =) )

空戦魔導士(くうせんまどうしょう) - Aerial Combat Wizards (it refers to them as wizards so mage, as in the Jcafe summary, does not seem quite right.

ミストガン - Mistogan/Mystogan/Mistogun/Mystogun

空戦魔導士科(yomigana - ガーヂアン) - Aerial Combat Wizards’ Division(yomigana- Gaurdian)

万融錬金科(yomigana -アルケミスト) - stuck on this one although I know that 錬金 is renkin as in 錬金術(renkinjutsu- Alchemy), 科 means division/course/family, 万(man) means 10,000 or 万(yorozu) means myriad or countless, and 融 means to melt, mix, or disolve. However no matter how I piece it together it makes no sense.

機械科学科(yomigana - マキナ) - The Mechanical Engineering Division (Yomigana - Machina[latin (orig Greek makhaná - "machine, tool") - nominative case - singular - feminine - machine])

空戦魔導士科長(yomigana - ガーヂアンリーダー) - The Leader of the Aerial Combat Wizard Division(Yomigana - Guardian’s Leader)

S128特務小隊(yomigana - ロイやるガード)隊長// クロエ・セヴィニー//異名:⟪寂滅姫⟫(yomigana - ニルヴァーナ - Leader of the Special Platoon S128(Royal Guards)// Chloe Sevigny(not 100% sure about the last name)// Alias: ⟪Nirvana Princess⟫(yomigana - Nirvana)

フロン・フラメル - Flon Flamel

This sentence is also giving me a bit of trouble mostly the "魔甲蟲との戦闘" and the "ウイザードの三割."
魔甲蟲との戦闘を主としウイザードの三割が所属する空戦魔導士科(yomigana - ガーヂアン)

Any help is apreiciated =).

Last edited by Yascob99; 2014-11-27 at 05:53.
Old 2014-11-26, 20:30   Link #3
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Wow . . .
I kinda like tis novel just from synopsis alone . .
So ye gonna translate tis novel, no?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 21:48   Link #4
cloud04
Scanlator

i heard some1 said that this was like chrome regios...or atleast the MC is
also translate the LN or manga?
Old 2014-11-26, 21:59   Link #5
SineMora
Wait for it...

swordsman.... WIELDS A BFGUNBLADE... Seems about right...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 00:20   Link #6
Yascob99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
So ye gonna translate tis novel, no?
I'm translating the manga.I have no idea when I will finish. I would translate the novel but my japanese is not quite good enough for that so it would take a really long time. So I'm starting off on the easier medium, and eventually plan on translating light novels.

I don't know If I would translate this one's light novel but I'll decide that when my skills are good enough and after I determine how much I like the manga after translating it for a while.

BTW added a progress thing so people can see how much I've done so far.

Last edited by Yascob99; 2014-11-27 at 01:40.
Old 2014-11-27, 00:20   Link #7
Solistia

When I get back from my trip, I'll help go over your translations (if no one else volunteers first :3)
Solistia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 00:31   Link #8
cloud04
Scanlator

i think this has 4 ch now or so...the month is came out already had 2 ch lol...although i do think it wont last long..probably only til vol 1 worth of LN
Old 2014-11-27, 00:57   Link #9
Yascob99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i think this has 4 ch now or so...the month is came out already had 2 ch lol...although i do think it wont last long..probably only til vol 1 worth of LN
I have the raws up until chapter 4. I also got the LN volumes for when and if I feel like translating it.
Old 2014-11-27, 00:59   Link #10
Yascob99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solistia View Post
When I get back from my trip, I'll help go over your translations (if no one else volunteers first :3)
That would be nice. Although I do have exams coming up so I may have to pause then.
Yeah I know brilliant idea to start translating something just before exams start =P.
Old 2014-11-27, 01:25   Link #11
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascob99 View Post
I have the raws up until chapter 4. I also got the LN volumes for when and if I feel like translating it.
if its purely promotional..probably around 12 ch only
Old 2014-11-27, 01:30   Link #12
Yascob99

Quote:
if its purely promotional..probably around 12 ch only
That does not sound too hard to finish translating, even if it goes longer it won't be that big of a deal. If the first chapter goes well I will try to catch up to and keep up with the raws.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:16   Link #13
Yascob99

Quote:
i heard some1 said that this was like chrome regios...or atleast the MC is
From what I've translated so far I'm not sure about the MC being similar but the situation itself is very similar. There are differences of course and I'm guessing the way the technology and magic function will be different.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:39   Link #14
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
From what I've translated so far I'm not sure about the MC being similar but the situation itself is very similar. There are differences of course and I'm guessing the way the technology and magic function will be different.
oh so the situation..and all of them are silver surfers LOL i gotta say though...the manga art...sometimes just looks awkward
Old 2014-11-27, 05:25   Link #15
OtakuFreak88
Tada no Hachidori

Quote:
Here is my list of terminology so far. It would be nice if it could be checked over and if some sugestions were made especially for the ones that I could not fully translate, if I could properly translate it at all.

魔甲蟲(まこうちゅう) - Magical Armoured Insects/Insect

浮遊都市(ふゆうとし) - Floating Cities/City (another option is Wandering Cities)

ウィザード - Wizards (pretty confident on this one =) )

空戦魔導士(くうせんまどうしょう) - Aerial Combat Wizards (it refers to them as wizards so mage, as in the Jcafe summary, does not seem quite right.

ミストガン - Mistogan/Mystogan/Mistogun/Mystogun

空戦魔導士科(yomigana - ガーヂアン) - Aerial Combat Wizards’ Division(yomigana- Gaurdian)

万融錬金科(yomigana -アルケミスト) - stuck on this one although I know that 錬金 is renkin as in 錬金術(renkinjutsu- Alchemy), 科 means division/course/family, 万(man) means 10,000 or 万(yorozu) means myriad or countless, and 融 means to melt, mix, or disolve. However no matter how I piece it together it makes no sense.

機械科学科(yomigana - マキナ) - The Mechanical Engineering Division (Yomigana - Machina[latin (orig Greek makhaná - "machine, tool") - nominative case - singular - feminine - machine])

空戦魔導士科辰(yomigana - ガーヂアンリーダー) - The Dragon of the Aerial Combat Wizard Division(Yomigana - Guardian’s Leader)

S128特務小隊(yomigana - ロイやるガード)隊辰// クロエ・セヴィニー//異名:⟪寂滅姫⟫(yomigana - ニルヴァーナ - Dragon of the Special Platoon S128(Royal Guards)// Chloe Sevinee(not 100% sure about the last name)// Alias: ⟪Nirvana Princess⟫(yomigana - Nirvana)

フロン・フラメル - Flon Flamel

This sentence is also giving me a bit of trouble mostly the "魔甲蟲との戦闘" and the "ウイザードの三割."
魔甲蟲との戦闘を主としウイザードの三割が所属する空戦魔導士科(yomigana - ガーヂアン)

Any help is apreiciated =).
Aerial Combat Wizards Division where third part(30%) of wizards belong and consider (little fix)battles against magical armored insects as the main goal. (I believe 主とし would be the same as 主とする "to consider/treast as" and here it fits, I guess)

Abot this one - 万融錬金科, I'm not sure myself but try with this 万有 (all creation/all things). Both are read in the same way, it's just that authors sometimes tend to do play of words.

Btw, I like this manga, is there a ln for this? GL with your translating lad

OtakuFreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 06:15   Link #16
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuFreak88 View Post

There is,,, it's up to volume 5 iirc,,
I try to read it sometime ago but never make it pass the volume 1 chapter 1,,
too many ln to read sometimes backfired on you,

Spoiler for LN ilustration:
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 06:22   Link #17
Jirachier

Is the protagonist an actual instructor to the girls or is that just a title
Old 2014-11-27, 06:32   Link #18
dragon1412

万融錬金科is a make up word that contains character of tempering and melting and based on the character for Katakana which is Alchemist, we would get : specialization for dissolving and refining various metals. As the the word 万 is also used when indicate a large number, so various is one possible translation, we could also translated as thousands of over various.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 07:06   Link #19
Yascob99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuFreak88 View Post
Aerial Combat Wizards Division where third part(30%) of wizards belong and consider (little fix)battles against magical armored insects as the main goal. (I believe 主とし would be the same as 主とする "to consider/treast as" and here it fits, I guess)

Abot this one - 万融錬金科, I'm not sure myself but try with this 万有 (all creation/all things). Both are read in the same way, it's just that authors sometimes tend to do play of words.

Thanks I'll see where that gets me.
Old 2014-11-27, 07:09   Link #20
Yascob99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
万融錬金科is a make up word that contains character of tempering and melting and based on the character for Katakana which is Alchemist, we would get : specialization for dissolving and refining various metals. As the the word 万 is also used when indicate a large number, so various is one possible translation, we could also translated as thousands of over various.
Oh that really helps me alot. =) Thank you.

Tags
fantasy, manga, school, seinen