AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-07-12, 01:07   Link #41
Sakuyakun

The mangaka has a track record of creating stupid protagonists which irritates me. Instead of improving on the faults of his previous works, he just keeps repeating the cycle.

Good manga artist, shitty story teller.
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 01:22   Link #42
LCeh

Somehow I thought Haruto is better than Yamato, well I mean, not as annoying. I think we will have to wait a bit more before we can make a call on Yuzuki yet, since her attitude seemed to have changed a bit throughout the chaps and it's obvious we haven't seen everything about her yet.

So far I think this is an OK manga, not bad, not that great either, but good for passing time.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:27   Link #43
Jarppa

6th chapter was awesome, this is (you can think what you want ) as good as Suzuka was in early chapters. Now I just cant wait next one.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 12:50   Link #44
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

What the hell is up with this girl? I mean even for manga standards she seems very moody to me. But hey that's not too bad, makes her actually even more interesting and so far the only star within the series.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 13:29   Link #45
NeoSam

The first volume of the manga will be released on August 12th >_<

And now to go read chapters 5 & 6 >_<
Old 2008-07-12, 14:52   Link #46
stewie0814

hmm? how does it work exactly? I always thought stuff got released in volumes only (as in, not chapters by themselves)
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 15:34   Link #47
Rion Steiner

Chapter 5 and 6 was just out, Such a big step indeed and their
Spoiler for scene:
That scene took 2 whole pages and it was just excellent. But although it was a big step for them, I think it was a little too early, thats why I senced something tragic between these two. Its up to Seo now.
Rion Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:05   Link #48
DanielSong39

After chapter 6...

Is this Kimi no Iru Machi or School Days?

Unfortunately Yuzuki takes a step down in this chapter and becomes more and more like the infamous Suzuka. Well, I suppose it was too good to last.

Still worth following, if for no other reason than to see whether we'll see the kitchen knife, saw, or jump off the tall building. I suppose it's safe to assume that Haruto and Yuzuki are together now, but their relationship promises to be a rocky one.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:37   Link #49
Rion Steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
After chapter 6...

Is this Kimi no Iru Machi or School Days?

Unfortunately Yuzuki takes a step down in this chapter and becomes more and more like the infamous Suzuka. Well, I suppose it was too good to last.

Still worth following, if for no other reason than to see whether we'll see the kitchen knife, saw, or jump off the tall building. I suppose it's safe to assume that Haruto and Yuzuki are together now, but their relationship promises to be a rocky one.
I dont know if your just spamming or just being dumb:

* School days? how can this be even school days its not like Kanzaki and Haruto got hooked up. Theres not even a strong proof that Kanzaki has a slight romantic feelings for Haruto. So Yuzuki kissed haruto.... Now Kanzaki is gonna go insane? These things happen alot in romance stories specially love triangles so I would like to see you spamming "School Days" on other threads under this theme like "True Tears", "Kimikiss", Da Capo and etc. Or maybe you already did.

*And ALSO, just because she kissed him you're already assuming they're together now? From the looks of things your new to this kind of series. I would assume you probably started on School Days and your looking for more you Sadist (was and exaggeration)

One thing I agree with you though, Yuzuki might not be an Bitchy Ice Queen but that kiss might be another one of those infamous "Im serious now but 5 min later Ill just tell him I was joking cause I don't want to hurt MYSELF" shyt that Suzuka used alot.
Old 2008-07-12, 17:01   Link #50
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Going from Seo's past mangas this won't be like School Days at all. I don't think it will end up ridiculously far fetched and over the top like that did.

Anyways chapter 6 wasn't that surprising, Yuzuki has been extremely out going towards Haruto and she acted jealous throughout all the chapter until the tension was released in one moment ^_^. Wonder if it'll be a Honoka momentn and Haruto will end up dating her because she took his first kiss or he'll stick by his guns and go for the 'right girl' .
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 17:15   Link #51
Rion Steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Going from Seo's past mangas this won't be like School Days at all. I don't think it will end up ridiculously far fetched and over the top like that did.

Anyways chapter 6 wasn't that surprising, Yuzuki has been extremely out going towards Haruto and she acted jealous throughout all the chapter until the tension was released in one moment ^_^. Wonder if it'll be a Honoka moment and Haruto will end up dating her because she took his first kiss or he'll stick by his guns and go for the 'right girl' .
Could be possible, but my hope is it was because Suzuka was in control in that series an Honoka was just a side character. Unless she gets a MAJOR development, Kanzaki is still a side character to me.

Right now things are a little too rushed that if Seo ever decides to develop Kanzaki I would just skip through everything unless it has a great impact to both Haruto and Yuzuki. If it is then I hope it is not as ridiculous as getting them scarred for life.
Old 2008-07-12, 17:18   Link #52
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie0814 View Post
hmm? how does it work exactly? I always thought stuff got released in volumes only (as in, not chapters by themselves)
Most manga are serialized in magazines chapter-by-chapter and then collected into the volumes we're familiar with. Often the manga-ka would brush up the art for that as well, since the time pressure on magazine deadlines don't always allow them to do their best.

Historie, for example: the magazine chapters only has sketches for backgrounds; in the volumes, they turn into a lush, detailed world of the Ancient Greeks.

Not all do that though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 17:49   Link #53
Mentar
Banned

Well, the scanlators are really rushing to catch up now (which unfortunately gets increasingly visible in the raw cleaning quality), but I'm grateful that the story got tackled in the end at all

One more chapter to go and we're caught up.

It will remain to be seen if the complainy mood was "just" to squeeze out Haruto's admission, or rather a more general trait of Yuzuki, who had been very open and positive so far.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:22   Link #54
DanielSong39

While I'll stop short of predicting a bloody ending, it's hardly farfetched to think that we're in for a messy love triangle. I could easily see Yuzuki leading Haruto on at every opportunity, only to push him towards Kanzaki at the last possible instant. Not certain how Kanzaki will react to being the third wheel, either.

Personally I think Yuzuki/Haruto has decent chemistry and potential for further development - hopefully the mangaka can explore new ground without resorting to stereotypes as a crutch. Keeping my fingers crossed.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:33   Link #55
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie0814 View Post
Just like what Irenicus said a few posts above.

Welcome to the world of manga magazines; some magazines are weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly, ... all these magazines serialize manga by chapters. after there are enough chapters these chapters are collected into a volume and then its released to the market >_<
Old 2008-07-13, 00:20   Link #56
klee123

I bet the final pairing will be Haruto and Kanzaki if you consider Seo's past works. He seems to have a short hair girl fetish.
klee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 01:40   Link #57
Freeter
beyond

If Yuzuki gets a haircut then it'll definitely be true
Old 2008-07-13, 01:45   Link #58
stewie0814

Well, i just read ch6
Spoiler:
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:00   Link #59
klee123

I suppose tho one can say that the golden rule of romance manga/anime is that the first female/male love interest the protagonist meets is usually the final pairing. Then again, there were a few manga out there which were an exception to the rule, but it is usually the case.
klee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 09:54   Link #60
Westlo
Lets be reality

Liked what happened in chapter 6, looking forward to more.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life