AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 11:14   Link #1101
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

MIO'S SECOND TRACK IS EPIC DAMN BEAUTIFUL. It sounds like a generic love song from J-dramas, but it gives a 1980-ish Teresa Teng feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Eh, Guitar ni Kubbiddake is still better that all of them. Vibration has nice instrumentals but the song doesn't really utilize Hikasa's voice as well as Heart goes Boom did. At least Shiawase Hiyori is quite better than Sunday Siesta though that's not saying much.
Heart Goes Boom had the effect because of Mio's boobs. It is a marketing hype! It's unfair to give her so much attention!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 11:21   Link #1102
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
MIO'S SECOND TRACK IS EPIC DAMN BEAUTIFUL. It sounds like a generic love song from J-dramas, but it gives a 1980-ish Teresa Teng feel to it.

Heart Goes Boom had the effect because of Mio's boobs. It is a marketing hype! It's unfair to give her so much attention!
This.

I almost got caught up in the Mio hype (damn it, she's left-handed like me, made it a thousand times more difficult), but I quietly slipped into the Yui hype instead:P

Hello Little Girl and Soukuu no Monologue are pretty equal to me, but Shiawase Hiyori tops Sunday Siesta for sure. It's just such a cute song for Yui~
Old 2010-09-18, 11:51   Link #1103
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, these character songs are worse than the ones from season 1.

Mio

- Seishun Vibration: I've began to notice a major problem with Yoko Hikasa's voice: she has a very limited vocal range. She can't really keep a high note and it makes her voice very monotonous as a result. I think she could do with a bit more vocal training, as it's probably a lack of experience that holds her back. Music-wise, this song didn't really impress me at first glance. I'll give it a few more tries later, to make sure I don't end up changing my mind later on. Heart Goes Boom was a lot better, I really like that song.

- Soukuu no Monologue: IMO, 99% of all ballads suck. Sadly, this one is no exception. This song took forever to finish and near the end, I was practically asleep.

Yui

- Oh My Gitah!: To be honest, this song was a big disappointment. I heard a bit of it last week and as much as I liked it back then, now I don't really seem to care all that much about it. It's definitely better than any of Mio's songs, but Gitah no Kubitakke was a whole lot catchier and thus, more enjoyable to listen to.

- Shiawase Hiyori: This song was okay. Can't really say much about it, as I didn't care for the B-sides of the first season's character albums and I'll probably treat the ones from season 2 the same way, given from what I heard. Again, much better compared to Mio's songs, but only a bit.

However, I love Come With Me! and in shrill contrast with Let's Go!, I like them for either character. It starts out as if it's Let's Go!, version 2, but after the obligatory intro, it proves it's much better than its predecessor.

I hope the other character albums turn out better than these, else I might just regret buying them.

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2010-09-18 at 12:09. Reason: Fixed typo
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 11:58   Link #1104
Midonin
Last Engage

I think "Soukuu" is a mistranslation. While the kanji can be read that way, I think the song was intended to be titled "Aozora no Monologue".
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:01   Link #1105
krko
The Movie is Coming

Yup, that's the problem with Hikasa, all her songs sound the same. Maybe that's because she's singing in-character but really once you've heard don't say lazy and fuwa fuwa time, you've pretty much heard her entire range. The only two songs that really differ are OUR MAGIC and Hello little girl which were less than stellar.

Her voice does sound really nice but I could do with more variety.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:11   Link #1106
Peanutbutter

After hearing the songs, only Mio's second one caught my brief attention.

Yeah, the character songs does kinda feel inferior to season 1's songs. Is this the "Haruhi" syndrome? After all, Haruhi's season 1 character songs were stellar and season 2 songs went down the drain (except for Koizumi's).
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:14   Link #1107
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I think "Soukuu" is a mistranslation. While the kanji can be read that way, I think the song was intended to be titled "Aozora no Monologue".
"Blue Sky Monologue", that'd make sense. Like you said, it can be read both ways, but I can see how it could be mistranslated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Well, these character songs are worse than the ones from season 1.

Mio

- Seishun Vibration: I've began to notice a major problem with Yoko Hikasa's voice: she has a very limited vocal range. She can't really keep a high note and it makes her voice very monotonous as a result. I think she could do with a bit more vocal training, as it's probably a lack of experience that holds her back. Music-wise, this song didn't really impress me at first glance. I'll give it a few more tries later, to make sure I don't end up changing my mind later on. Heart Goes Boom was a lot better, I really like that song.

- Soukuu no Monlogue: IMO, 99% of all ballads suck. Sadly, this one is no exception. This song took forever to finish and near the end, I was practically asleep.

Yui

- Oh My Gitah!: To be honest, this song was a big disappointment. I heard a bit of it last week and as much as I liked it back then, now I don't really seem to care all that much about it. It's definitely better than any of Mio's songs, but Gitah no Kubitakke was a whole lot catchier and thus, more enjoyable to listen to.

- Shiawase Hiyori: This song was okay. Can't really say much about it, as I didn't care for the B-sides of the first season's character albums and I'll probably treat the ones from season 2 the same way, given from what I heard. Again, much better compared to Mio's songs, but only a bit.

However, I love Come With Me! and in shrill contrast with Let's Go!, I like them for either character. It starts out as if it's Let's Go!, version 2, but after the obligatory intro, it proves it's much better than its predecessor.

I hope the other character albums turn out better than these, else I might just regret buying them.
Yes, I mostly agree. Maybe I don't fully agree because I was so fully taken with Shiawase Hiyori, but Mio's songs were standard, and Oh My Gitah was nothing special compared to Gitah ni Kubittake. I agree completely for Come With Me! though And I have a good feeling the other albums will be quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Yup, that's the problem with Hikasa, all her songs sound the same. Maybe that's because she's singing in-character but really once you've heard don't say lazy and fuwa fuwa time, you've pretty much heard her entire range. The only two songs that really differ are OUR MAGIC and Hello little girl which were less than stellar.

Her voice does sound really nice but I could do with more variety.
It doesn't help how her songs are written to sound similar:P Toyosaki gets jumps from Genius...?! to Utauyo! MIRACLE to Sunday Siesta, while Hisaka is stuck between the standard Don't Say Lazy/NO, Thank You!, and slower songs. OUR MAGIC was pretty average too.
Old 2010-09-18, 12:22   Link #1108
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I think you are right. In the 2nd last line, she sang :

Aoku Aoku kureteku sora, ...... (蒼く蒼く暮れてく空, ...)

It is "Aosora/Aozora no Monologue". No wonder I couldn't make any sense from the title....now I know it means "Monologue of the Azure Sky".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-09-18 at 12:33.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:27   Link #1109
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Is this the "Haruhi" syndrome?
I don't think there's any "syndrome" going on. Plenty of shows have had more than one seasons' worth of character songs, it's more that people tend to be influenced by what they experienced first, which has an impact on their expectations of later things. Now granted, I haven't heard any of the season 2 songs yet (I can wait for the release date), but then again, I'm the sort of person who looks at these not so much musically as contextually. Lyrics are important too - what are they trying to say about the characters, about the season as a whole, etc.?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:40   Link #1110
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

I just hope the rest of the character songs are a lot better.

These new character songs aren't bad though. They're not like, downright horrible or something :P It's almost like the song writers are running out of ideas...
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:45   Link #1111
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
I just hope the rest of the character songs are a lot better.

These new character songs aren't bad though. They're not like, downright horrible or something :P It's almost like the song writers are running out of ideas...
We have to give them credit though, we're past the 50 song mark and they're now starting to show signs of deterioration.
Old 2010-09-18, 12:54   Link #1112
evangeline88
Moe Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
We have to give them credit though, we're past the 50 song mark and they're now starting to show signs of deterioration.
50 songs? Wow I never realized there are that many songs ...
I know that creating songs and lyrics are not that easy, so I agree that we have to appreciate them for giving us a lot of good songs ...

evangeline88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 13:14   Link #1113
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, I might have been mistaken when I said we "passed" the 50 song mark. However, I know for a fact that we're either at or quite near 50 songs. If you include all the character songs that are coming up along with the new soundtrack songs (Honey Sweet Tea Time, etc.) then we'll have over 50 for sure.
Old 2010-09-18, 14:21   Link #1114
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

The song writing team must be sweating buckets. For sure, I give them huge credit for having to pump out a new charting hit every few weeks.

I just realized, Tenshi ni Fureta Yo!! was the first time Ritsu and Mugi had sung in the anime :O

Last edited by bloppyblue; 2010-09-18 at 14:54.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 16:15   Link #1115
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangeline88 View Post
50 songs? Wow I never realized there are that many songs ...
Shall we count the songs known so far?

Released:

Season 1
Cagayake! GIRLS
Happy!? Sorry!!
Don't Say Lazy
Sweet Bitter Beauty Song
Curry Nochi Rice
Watashi wa Koi wa HOTCHKISS
Fude Pen ~Boru Pen~
Fuwa Fuwa Time
Tsubasa wo Kudasai
Gitah ni Kobittake
Sunday Siesta
Heart Goes Boom
Hello Little Girl
Girly Storm Shissou Stick
Mokujise Happy 100%
Dear My Keys ~Kenban no Mahou~
Humming Bird
Jajauma Way to Go
Watashi wa Watashi no Michi wo Iku
LET'S GO!
Coolly Hotty Tension Hi!!
Prologue
Lovely Sister LOVE
Oui! Ai Kotoba
Maddy Candy
Hell the World

Subtotal: 26

Season 2
GO! GO! MANIAC
Genius...!
Listen!
Our MAGIC
Utauyo! MIRACLE
Kira Kira Days
NO, Thank You!
Girls in Wonderland
Pure Pure Heart
Sakuragaoka Joshi Koutou Gakkou Kouka (Rock version)
LOVE
GENOM
Gohan wa Okazu
U&I
Oh My Gitah!!
Shiawase Hiyori
Seishun Vibration
Aosora no Monologue (yes, I corrected the TL)
Come With Me!!

Subtotal: 45

-------------------------------
Not yet released:

Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai
Honey Sweet Tea Time
Samidare 20 Love
Tokimeki Sugar
Fuyu no Hi
Tenshi ni Furetayo!
Hokago Tea Time

Subtotal: 52

With the other character CDs still TBA and not counting any original songs on the soundtracks or multiple versions of one song, we'll have passed the 50 songs mark as soon as the HTT album gets released.

I don't think I missed anything, but if I do, please tell me.
Old 2010-09-18, 18:56   Link #1116
Chocolate Pocky

You guys totally freaked me out with the songs. I thought they were going to be like bad to the max. They weren't that bad. Season 1's song's were better yeah, but I think these ones have their own spice. I didn't like Mio's songs as much as Yui's. I kept zoning out in the middle of Mio's songs. And I didn't think Yui's Oh My Guitar was that much of a dissappintment either. Maybe cuz I didn't have that great of expectations maybe that was a good thing... But I am hoping the other chara songs are better. mostly Ritsu's, but still
Old 2010-09-18, 19:27   Link #1117
Midori Sakura

I am patiently waiting for "Fuyu no Hi" because . . it seems to be the one from S1 Ep. 13? I'm going to pretend Mio actually wrote it about Ritsu.
Old 2010-09-18, 20:11   Link #1118
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Guys, I just edited and deleted a number of posts because you've violated Rule 1.1 of the forums rules, especially the rule that states:
Quote:
The following is a list of media considered "banned" from The Forum because its acquisition is always considered illegal and unethical:

...Direct copies of DVDs or CDs ("rips") of any kind (e.g. MP3s made from anime OSTs)
So no more talk of downloading (or asking where it came from), and how about showing support and buying the CDs when they come out instead?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 23:41   Link #1119
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Guys, I just edited and deleted a number of posts because you've violated Rule 1.1 of the forums rules, especially the rule that states: So no more talk of downloading (or asking where it came from), and how about showing support and buying the CDs when they come out instead?
Right-o! It was me, punish meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

My only defense is that I do buy the CDs I download, I download them to get an early listen. I guess that doesn't excuse the talk about sharing downloads and such, sorry!

So yeah, buy those discs! They're worth it
Old 2010-09-19, 00:59   Link #1120
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Tenshi ni Fureta yo could be a good graduation song. If I'm still in high school, I might insist on a translated version to be part of the graduation ceremony, saying it's "originally from Japan."

By the way, I think the mystery about the uniforms in the second ED is solved: these are the uniforms in the manga. I just noticed that the manga uses plaid skirts, while the anime opted on powder blue, mainly because it would be difficult to animate plaid.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote