AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 136 47.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 24.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 12.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 6.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 4.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.40%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-15, 17:38   Link #221
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I guess I should start getting more infos.... Seems like I hit over 75% with this Episode.

Anyone remember when I said that Anya would be connected to Lelouch?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 17:50   Link #222
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I was quite impressed with this episode. I thought it was really exciting. Poor Kallen....
Old 2008-06-15, 18:08   Link #223
hchuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Most strange moment during this episode: Suzaku not recognizing CC. Why?
Because she's wearing a paper hood? I mean the openings are big enough for the benefit of the viewers only. The characters in the show on the other hand will not be able to decipher the identity through the hood.
hchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 18:10   Link #224
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I guess I should start getting more infos.... Seems like I hit over 75% with this Episode.

Anyone remember when I said that Anya would be connected to Lelouch?
I'd say all those other things you posted are 100% correct since you were so right with everything this episode.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 18:10   Link #225
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I wonder what they're going to make Anya's relationship--relative, childhood friend, long-lost betrothed... all 3?
My money is on the latter 2, Brittania is.... well culturaly modern Britian with a few twists, cousin inscest is Japanese. So far the writing staff have noted it so I dont see why it would be overlooked here.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 18:11   Link #226
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I find it odd she didn't come up at all if that were the case and her similarity in appearence to Marianne is rather troubling.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-15, 18:20   Link #227
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I find it odd she didn't come up at all if that were the case and her similarity in appearence to Marianne is rather troubling.
The more I look at Anya, the more she reminds me of Rei Ayanami. In fact, she fulfilled the following:
a) Not quite understanding of human nature
b) Mysterious
c) Silence
d) Resemble the protagonist mother ALOT

So perhaps she is a clone of Marianne spliced with C.C.'s gene? Not entirely impossible, since it was Schneizel who removed Marianne's body... what not to say it was to receover her genetics to produce the best knightmare pilot?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 18:21   Link #228
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Well I allways thought it likely that Marriane could be one of these ressurected super soldiers..... but Anya?
She is.... looks nothing like her.

Well stretching the imagination, perhaps a backup clone?
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 18:23   Link #229
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post
My money is on the latter 2, Brittania is.... well culturaly modern Britian with a few twists, cousin inscest is Japanese. So far the writing staff have noted it so I dont see why it would be overlooked here.
I can't make heads or tail of this post.....

Are you trying to say that cousin "incest" is a Japanese thing?
Old 2008-06-15, 18:23   Link #230
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

C.C. fits that profile in several ways as well. Doesn't mean she is a clone of Marianne.

Old 2008-06-15, 18:25   Link #231
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
C.C. fits that profile in several ways as well. Doesn't mean she is a clone of Marianne.
Except she never resembles Marianne in anyway. Anya, however, resembles Marianne when she was young, as a lineart indicated.

Anyway, I think cousin incest is not limited to Japan; it's a very common thing, especially among imperial family. Siscon, on the other hand, is uniquely in Japan.
Old 2008-06-15, 18:26   Link #232
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The hairstyle is the only similar thing really.

Old 2008-06-15, 18:27   Link #233
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Siscon, on the other hand, is uniquely in Japan.
No, it's not.
Old 2008-06-15, 18:37   Link #234
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
No, it's not.
Okay, let me correct: Blatant siscon in media is more common in Japanese fictions.
Old 2008-06-15, 18:40   Link #235
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Okay, let me correct: Blatant siscon in media is more common in Japanese fictions.
That I can agree with.
Old 2008-06-15, 18:58   Link #236
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Eh, I rate this episode ok. I didn't really like it that much.

The military tactics of this series (yes, I KNOW IT'S ANIME) continue to make me want to cry. As a to-be military officer and a student of military history, this is painful. This anime is one of the ones where I just cannot say "It's just anime; I shouldn't pay attention to the crap they show." I don't know why this of them all, but it does...

And gotta love Sunrise. It didn't occur to me until this episode that this was a perverse recycle of the kidnapping of Cagalli in GS-D. Anyone else think this? Especially when the KMF dropped through the ceiling in front of Zero I just went, "Wow. Now we're reusing plot pieces from anime to anime instead of just reusing frames from episode to episode."

Oh, and the cab of the truck decorated with Cheese-kun memorabilia is tooooo cute. At least we got some decent CC time this week. Not a lot, but more than other recent episodes.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 19:09   Link #237
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnag View Post
then again most of the mech's in R2 are rather.... ugly
Does mechas have to be pretty to be efficient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
The military tactics of this series (yes, I KNOW IT'S ANIME) continue to make me want to cry. As a to-be military officer and a student of military history, this is painful. This anime is one of the ones where I just cannot say "It's just anime; I shouldn't pay attention to the crap they show." I don't know why this of them all, but it does...
It wasn't THAT painful to me, but yes, it was bad compared to other stuff in Code Geass.
Old 2008-06-15, 19:17   Link #238
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

This episode was... alright. Xing-ke finally proves to be what you get when you add Zero + Suzaku together, I wonder how much use he'll be to the Black Knights if he joins them seeing as he apparently doesn't have much time left to live.

Is Kallen basically the ace jobber in Code Geass? I don't remember the last time (if there ever was) where she won a battle cleanly against an evenly matched opponent in her Guren. All I can remember are stalemates, losses, and losses due to plot device (like her current loss).

At least Toudou knows how to get it done, edges out Suzaku and battles evenly with Xing-ke. If only Kallen could use her head sometimes like Toudou instead of acting like a female Domon Kasshu, she even has his headband.

Not sure if I want to watch turn 11. If Kallen's still in enemy hands I think I'll forget about Code Geass until ep 15+ so I can rush to when Kallen returns, unless she gets significant screentime away from the crew.

Please no mindwipe/brainwash-betrayal storyline...
Old 2008-06-15, 19:23   Link #239
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, are the Hadron Cannons on the Ikaruga likely going to be the same ones we will see on the Shinkirou? And do there seem to be any changes from the ones on the Gawain?

I also noticed that V.V. is with Jeremiah in the preview. I think he may have decided to mess with C.C. somehow for more of his little fun. Or perhaps he plans to use the situation to try and capture her as well.

I also admit that I am somewhat puzzled as to why C.C. seemed worried when the discussion of abandoning Kallen came up and happy when Lelouch decided to go after her.

I wonder if the opportunity will come for them to retrieve Kallen. I suppose if Li decided to join with Lelouch, he could free Kallen. I don't see him being so welcoming though. And it seems that the price of Li's combination of brains and skill is that he has some sort of illness.

Old 2008-06-15, 19:25   Link #240
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
Not sure if I want to watch turn 11. If Kallen's still in enemy hands I think I'll forget about Code Geass until ep 15+ so I can rush to when Kallen returns, unless she gets significant screentime away from the crew.
My speculation: Rush to the next episode.