AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-28, 18:12   Link #2941
Sides

Well if you are thinking to import US titles, you might as well create an extra US account for DLCs, if you plan on getting them. DLCs are locked the game regions, IIRC. For example if you get the US version of Valkyria Chronicles, you have to buy the DLCs form the US/NA store. Another example would be the free DLC codes you get from preorder/limited editions, which you have to enter in that specific shop region.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 18:20   Link #2942
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well if you are thinking to import US titles, you might as well create an extra US account for DLCs, if you plan on getting them. DLCs are locked the game regions, IIRC. For example if you get the US version of Valkyria Chronicles, you have to buy the DLCs form the US/NA store. Another example would be the free DLC codes you get from preorder/limited editions, which you have to enter in that specific shop region.
Ah yes, I'm not one to buy DLC so I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the addendum.
Old 2011-10-29, 08:11   Link #2943
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I'd actually recommend having a UK account along with a Japanese account to download Japanese demos/games if you're interested in those.
Demos probably, my Japanese language isn't great enough to play a full game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
As for handling and care of the PS3; a simple fan with a well-circulated room is best. Obvious stuff like don't play too long in one sitting and don't stack things on top of it I'll just mention.
No problem there, all the consoles that I owned so far were taken cared of like they were in a five-star hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I see, shame that PAL purchased game won't allow US DLC and vise versa, but it isn't an issue if I have both accounts.

Thanks guys.
Old 2011-10-29, 19:59   Link #2944
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Demos probably, my Japanese language isn't great enough to play a full game..
Ah yes. I should mention that registering for a Japanese account means going through the pages in Japanese, so hopefully this might help when necessary. Aside from that, downloading stuff should be pretty elementary.

Quote:
No problem there, all the consoles that I owned so far were taken cared of like they were in a five-star hotel.
And this is good to hear; too many people complaining about faulty design when they're leaving consoles on for 30 years without proper circulation.
Old 2011-10-30, 05:07   Link #2945
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hacked again with JB2?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...3-hacked-again
Old 2011-10-30, 05:33   Link #2946
Sides

Not really, it still requires an old firmware, up to 3.55. The way that those news/blog report it sounds like it is massive news.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:03   Link #2947
Sides

Jiggling Tits invasion ^^! New game from Tamsoft, see 3DS game Senran Kagura, coming to the PS3. Unlike the 3DS game, this is a pure adventure game. So no fighting just chatting up virtual school girls. No info on, if it will use the 3D option that the PS3 offers or not. Form the video it seems that it shares the same engine, or part of it, with the 3DS game.
BTW the game is called "Touch Shot Love Application", and Compile Heart will be publishing this title.

Spoiler for added spoiler tag, just incase you guys are in the office:

Homepage: http://www.compileheart.com/touchshot/

Some voice actresses you might know, who will be lending their voices to the school girls: Asami Shimoda, Yuko Goto, Misato Fukuen and Marina Inoue

If you want to read more about the game, check these articles on andriasang.com, 1, 2, 3

More dirty screens on andriasang.com

Last edited by Sides; 2011-11-10 at 04:59. Reason: added spoiler tag, just incase you guys are in the office
Old 2011-12-18, 15:38   Link #2948
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hi, I only took a cursory look at the forum so forgive me if my question was answered already within the thread.

I was thinking of buying a refurbished 60GB first generation PS3 that has the emotion engine to play the PS2 games, but I had a few worries about it. Some of the reviews from the Gamestop's webpage about the machine said about how likely it was to stop working right off the bat or within a few months, mentioning things like YLOD, problems with heat and heat sinks, etc. Does anyone have first hand experience with refurbished 60GB PS3s and how long they last?

The main reason why I was thinking of getting this model was because my 9 years old ps2 finally gave out after a good, long run, and I needed a machine to play my ps2 games. Since I also have some PS3 games that I bought when I was living with my roomate (he had a PS3), I thought this was a good chance to go for the PS3 with the backward capability, especially with the current price at around 220 US dollars. (I was really surprised, since the last time I checked it was like 350 dollars).

Would you guys recommend buying the old PS3 or the new, slim PS3? Playing the PS2 games isn't such a big deal at the moment, because I hardly have time to play games, but I know I will want to play them in the future. And I'd like to save an extra 100 dollars that would go into buying a new PS2 system. All of your inputs are appreciated!
Old 2011-12-18, 22:16   Link #2949
Jaden

A first generation PS3 in good condition might cost you more than a ps3 slim + a ps2. And yeah, the first generation PS3 is more prone to overheating.
Old 2011-12-19, 10:31   Link #2950
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I'd second the PS3 slim + PS2 combo since even a first gen PS3 in good condition will eventually get bitten by the YLOD and repairs for that will most likely cost more then a used PS2 (the fixes that are available aren't permanent and if the repairer doesn't give much of a warranty with the repair then it's going to keep on costing you a whole lot more then the console is worth).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:23   Link #2951
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

New model of PS3 Slim ? :-

http://tecnoblog.net/107348/novo-ps3-anatel/
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 14:39   Link #2952
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Some random news
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 15:54   Link #2953
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Ninja Gaiden III Razor's Edge will be coming to Ps3 and Xbox 360 April 2, 2013!
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ninja-g...ox-360-6403547

sweet, i didnt bought Ninja Gaiden 3 when it first came out nor on the Wii U because
i was waiting for this! and April 2nd is right on the house.

EDIT: better link with pictures of the playable girls and costumes.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/06...-new-costumes/

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-02-06 at 16:46.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 13:48   Link #2954
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Some random news
Nerdy and classy, I like that! But I wonder where the "characters" are? Or are they just saying that it has character?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 14:15   Link #2955
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Ps3??? Whats that? lol seriously though i just bought a ps3 last year with about 20 awesome games and i was loving it i beat 5 of them. i was living the high life. then something happened that destroyed that completly... i got an i7 laptop with steam and dayz on it. now my ps3 is collecting dust
Old 2013-02-07, 14:54   Link #2956
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Ps3??? Whats that? lol seriously though i just bought a ps3 last year with about 20 awesome games and i was loving it i beat 5 of them. i was living the high life. then something happened that destroyed that completly... i got an i7 laptop with steam and dayz on it. now my ps3 is collecting dust
That can certainly happen. Will say for a while my PS3 wasn't doing much the past few months since I was sucked into Persona 4 on the Vita and toppling a few PC games. But Ni no Kuni helped bring me right back into it.
Old 2013-02-10, 17:05   Link #2957
Velsy

I have this problem ever since I put my PS3 on the internet and updated its software.

My problem is it installed *** Singstar and I can get find a way to get rid of it. I dont ever plan to play it so annoys me every time I see it under games. Any way to remove it ?

I havent appriciated sony ramming it down my throat in a system software update :/
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:13   Link #2958
defki

You can't get rid of that. It's an app put there with the firmware update. You can't delete it and you can't hide it. It's annoying and basically advertisement.

A lot of people complained about it on the PS blogs.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:20   Link #2959
Velsy

That sucks :/

I am fairly annoyed with it
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 21:29   Link #2960
NK_500
Disabled By Request

I got myself a PS3 shortly before Chinese New Year and for some reason I got a free copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 while unpacking it. I have no idea why but I think the retailers secretly put it in the box as a 'compliment'. I just took at least about 6 hours to beat that game and no wonder they gave me as a compliment.

First I noticed the graphics are not HD enough but I noticed I don't have the HD cable and it is sold separately. There goes another 100 bucks. Still no other games besides Final Fantasy 13 and Modern Warfare 3 yet.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony