AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-25, 15:34   Link #121
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
but Gai being the "other" boy would make perfect sense since he somehow knows who "Mana" is.. I have a gut feeling that..

Spoiler for :):
I never thought about the Inori/Mana situation in this way... it's a very interesting point of view. But like your ideia, there are many other interesting theories... I not going to place my money in any of them right now, seeing how the series is going anything can happen. Inori may very well be a "being" created from the "crystal-like thing" that infected Mana (aka. The girl from Shu's memories) during the first Lost Christmas. That can also explain why she, sometimes, sees herself as a monster (remember when she asked Gai that question?)... but it's like I said before, anything can happen now so all bets are off.

Seeing episode 11, it made me think that all the other episodes were just a preparation for the second half of the series... hopefully our questions will finaly start to be anwsered.

I don't think that it will happen... but a nice change of pace for the series would be Shu going into a "rage-induced berserk mode" and busting into that apocalyptic tower beating the s*** out of them to rescue her and stop the end of the world. Then someone goes to the guy in charge and says: "And that's why you don't piss off somebody with the Void Genome". I mean, the "evil guys" kidnapped his girl and killed/tried do kill Gai (I still think that he'll live... the guy is like Highlander, the only way to kill him is probably beheading), not to mention that they set off some sort of doomsday-like event.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-12-25 at 19:36. Reason: Please avoid make such colorful "comments".
Old 2011-12-25, 18:09   Link #122
Soji

^Honestly there is the chance that he go berserk in one of the next episodes, I mean his already at is limit ,I think.It is true that thanks to Hare (and the current situation) he seems more stable / calm but that's does not mean that the problems that he has had up to now are gone ,they are there ready arise again.And being in the middle of Lost Christmas is even more likely that his forgetten memories will try to resurface again and with a force even greater than we have seen so far.And he probaly still have it's PTSD as well(I mean both of them).Plus the second void user took Inori and mortally wounded Gai (and probably killed him) the only thing I hope for the new guy who took Inori is that it does not try anything funny with Inori or that may be the last straw that breaks out of Shu's patience.I mean Shu is already a time bomb at the moment. One wrong move and he will regret to make Shu angry.But I hope it happen, maybe we will have the continuation of episode 6 (which is the only time we saw Shu upset, at least from what I remember)

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-25 at 18:37.
Old 2011-12-25, 19:12   Link #123
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
.But I hope it happen, maybe we will have the continuation of episode 6 (which is the only time we saw Shu upset, at least from what I remember)
I really want to see Shu's ep 4 face (the one after he pulls out Inori's Void) and badass moves again. Kind of made you think that there are 2 Shu's here.
Old 2011-12-25, 19:30   Link #124
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I really want to see Shu's ep 4 face (the one after he pulls out Inori's Void) and badass moves again. Kind of made you think that there are 2 Shu's here.
We already have two Inoris. Kinda cool if we can also have one angsty Shu and another one that resulted from having his memories suppressed.

A Shu inside Shu...
Old 2011-12-25, 20:23   Link #125
Xeones

Shuception...

The only time Shu got angry during episode 6 was when talked to Gai... and then got his ass kicked with that "CQC-Boss-style" moves that Gai pulled off. I was watching the episode again, and I just noticed that for a brief moment (after he gets punched in the face), when he looks at Gai his eyes are reddish instead of the usual brown. But in the next moment (when he punches Gai) his eyes are normal again...

I never noticed that until now... I think I'm gonna watch some earlier episodes and try to pay more attention to these details.
Old 2011-12-25, 21:34   Link #126
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
Shuception...

The only time Shu got angry during episode 6 was when talked to Gai... and then got his ass kicked with that "CQC-Boss-style" moves that Gai pulled off. I was watching the episode again, and I just noticed that for a brief moment (after he gets punched in the face), when he looks at Gai his eyes are reddish instead of the usual brown. But in the next moment (when he punches Gai) his eyes are normal again...

I never noticed that until now... I think I'm gonna watch some earlier episodes and try to pay more attention to these details.
Ep 1/2 battle was a violent battle also. The ep. 4 face was 1st seen here when he first pulls out Inori's Void for a few seconds and then reverts back to his normal face. Shu had a mecha on its back and stabbed it in the chest until it stopped moving and then he snapped out of it when he saw Inori on the ground.
Old 2011-12-25, 23:29   Link #127
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Finally got to seeing the episode. Honestly, the fact that I did not give a crap about any of the characters (except for maybe Dan), the high school students' forced importance, the fact that Funeral Parlor absolutely sucks without Shu, and the fact that it required liking the past few episodes (as most climax episodes do) really made me not care about it. Also, it's too late to give Inori a personality. You're already 11 episodes in. 6/10.

P.S.: Seriously? Daryl's dad and Dan just go out like that? And yet Scarface gets to remain alive. Life's a bitch.

Edit: Also, does Shu's physics-defamation regarding his voids seem to turn on and off according to the plot, doesn't it?

Anyways, since this is obviously the end of another arc, I'll give a quick summary on what I thought of Episode 7-11. This arc was better than the last one, but I still can't call it good. As you probably know, I've compared this anime to a lot of high-budget Hollywood movies because...well...I usually hate them, so the last thing I wanted was for it to become an anime. And like those movies, everything feels like it's on autopilot.

Unlike the first arc, this one doesn't really introduce any interesting ideas, so you just take it for it what it is. It's not bad for what it is, but a lot of the characters are pointless (and the ones who aren't are barely developed), the chemistry between the leads is non-existent, and I really hate how everything revolves around Shu. And I mean EVERYTHING. There's a difference between main character and "forced into the plot". Overall, I stand by my statement that it feels like the creative team thinks that writing for teenagers is easier than writing for adults, when that can't be further from the truth. 6/10 overall on the whole arc.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-12-26 at 00:05.
Old 2011-12-26, 01:11   Link #128
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
...and I really hate how everything revolves around Shu. And I mean EVERYTHING. There's a difference between main character and "forced into the plot".
Well Shu IS the only guy healthy enough to take out a Endslave with out using one. Besides, Shu's situation of being forced into the plot isn't that bad. I mean "World Destruction" has a hero being forced into the plot as well(he's the End-of-the-world plot device) and he did worse compared to Shu.

Edit: Come to think of it, this is the second time Pro I.G. tried to create a show where he's the center of the plot, reluctant and is a bit wimpy, first one was World Destruction.

Last edited by djmaca; 2011-12-26 at 02:33.
Old 2011-12-26, 04:41   Link #129
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Good episode, decent amount of action and a nice twist at the end. It was good to see quite a few plot points introduced. Who is this new Void user, Is Gai dead, If so how do FP cope without their charismatic leader and do they rescue Inori or focus on finding the rock to stop lost christmas? ect. It serves as a solid foundation for the second half and hopefully the series kicks on from here. I'm also going to miss the themes, especially the ending but hopefully the new ones are just as awsome.

The one thing i didn't like is Shu's transition from the previous episode. This was a guy who was being haunted by nightmarish visions and was severly depressed to the point of seemingly giving up on life itself just a few hours earlier. To pretty much have broadcasted propaganda serve as the catalyst for him to snap out of what he was going through, must be one of the oddest wake up calls i've ever seen.

Also Gai lol, the man is absolutley relentless its amazing. i have to wonder what races through his head.

Spoiler for Gai's thoughts:
Old 2011-12-26, 06:00   Link #130
Soji

Quote:
Same here , I really want to see that Shu again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
We already have two Inoris. Kinda cool if we can also have one angsty Shu and another one that resulted from having his memories suppressed.

A Shu inside Shu...
would not surprise me if this were the case, after all, to have new memories that had been sealed up to now can change the character of a person.

Quote:
Shuception...

Exactly that's was the time I referred to, if I remember correctly I point out this in the Gc topic when not was yet created the sub forum. The thing is ,that this scene shows us that Shu can go into the red eyes mode without using Inori's void.

Quote:
Ep 1/2 battle was a violent battle also. The ep. 4 face was 1st seen here when he first pulls out Inori's Void for a few seconds and then reverts back to his normal face. Shu had a mecha on its back and stabbed it in the chest until it stopped moving and then he snapped out of it when he saw Inori on the ground.
Yeah you're right. I still wonder what Shu red eyes really is.After all thanks to this new void user we saw that the red eyes are not derived from Inori void neither the power of king, which means that is unique thing to Shu.The only thing we know is that Mana seems to have the same eyes at him (the red eyes I mean).
Sorry If I put these two pic again but they are the best to show the similarities in their eyes
Spoiler for Mana and Shu red eyes:

ImagineThat@As I already mentioned the problems are still there, the only thing that changes is that Shu is focused on what he have to do now.He has not really dealt with his problems so I would not be surprised if he does it later, perhaps on his way to save Inori.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-26 at 06:18.
Old 2011-12-26, 06:54   Link #131
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think Mana is dead, killed by Shu.

- Mana was alien/human hybrid
- Inori is her clone or grown out of her human remains
- the Apocalypse VIrus is Mana... Mana's cells. What was left of her.
- Mana = Jenova like being right now.. bits and pieces in different places,wanting to reform.
- Inori is supposed to summon her and become her host, merge with her... bring her back
Old 2011-12-26, 09:47   Link #132
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Well Shu IS the only guy healthy enough to take out a Endslave with out using one. Besides, Shu's situation of being forced into the plot isn't that bad. I mean "World Destruction" has a hero being forced into the plot as well(he's the End-of-the-world plot device) and he did worse compared to Shu.
Well, ignoring the fact that I never watched "World Destruction", I'm not a huge fan of stories where the main protagonist is the ONLY hope for something, especially when he's a whiny teenager who doesn't have anything going for him besides powers. I know Funeral Parlor contributed, but their contribution was rushed, and honestly, I think we know more about the SSS from Angel Beats than we do them.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-26, 10:41   Link #133
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

- Mana = Jenova like being right now.. bits and pieces in different places,wanting to reform.
- Inori is supposed to summon her and become her host, merge with her... bring her back
I can not deny that I thought of this possibility but from what we have seen so far seems to me that Shu has failed to protect her.If I remember correctly (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) before Shu activate the power of the king and went to save Inori Gai think / something like, Shu / You will be able to save her this time or you're will fail again? (Or something like that ,really do not remember I really should review the anime) .In any case, as much I like your theory ,I more of the idea that something has take over Mana and Shu fail to help / save her.I honestly do not be surprised if the red eyes that Shu shows sometimes are the result from that accident or something that Mana herself gave it to him. And I don't be surprise if the new void user has a WTF reaction when he sees them (if Shu uses them accidentally).Like "No way, that red eyes are.....".

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-26 at 10:58.
Old 2011-12-26, 11:19   Link #134
rakusukira

Quote:

I like this theory.

going back to episode 1, when Shu acquired the Void Genome, it was Mana talking in that background saying.. "It's power... the guilty crown bla bla bla" I can't remember it exactly..

Mana probably was an experiment gone wrong. But why does Gai want to bring her back?? and these intentions increase the possibility of Gai having to sacrifice Inori to get Mana back (if your last theory would have to be correct)
Old 2011-12-26, 13:52   Link #135
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Mana probably was an experiment gone wrong. But why does Gai want to bring her back?? and these intentions increase the possibility of Gai having to sacrifice Inori to get Mana back (if your last theory would have to be correct)
That would be an interesting twist in the story... probably with Shu siding with Inori and trying to save her at all costs, leading to direct clash against Gai. But I don't see that happening... not in the next episodes at least, maybe something for the last episodes of the series.

Anyway... I was reading a few olders posts and saw one that said "There's no Void that Shu can used to compete against Inori's sword." (not in these words, but the general sense is the same). Crazy ideia: What if Mana gets revived and Shu extracts her Void to use against the blond kid... I mean, if Inori and her share several traits, it's possible for their voids to be similar (making Mana's void a sort of sword too). This would lead to an awesome sword fight between the two...
Old 2011-12-26, 14:56   Link #136
Soji

Quote:
That would be an interesting twist in the story... probably with Shu siding with Inori and trying to save her at all costs, leading to direct clash against Gai. But I don't see that happening... not in the next episodes at least, maybe something for the last episodes of the series.

Anyway... I was reading a few olders posts and saw one that said "There's no Void that Shu can used to compete against Inori's sword." (not in these words, but the general sense is the same). Crazy ideia: What if Mana gets revived and Shu extracts her Void to use against the blond kid... I mean, if Inori and her share several traits, it's possible for their voids to be similar (making Mana's void a sort of sword too). This would lead to an awesome sword fight between the two...
That's was me.And I also said at least that Mana don't decided to make another "Deux Ex Machina"and I must say I thought the same thing you said now.I can imagine a scenario
Spoiler for speculation:

But I'm sure this scenario will does not come true,unfortunately.
Old 2011-12-26, 16:34   Link #137
Xeones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
That's was me.And I also said at least that Mana don't decided to make another "Deux Ex Machina"and I must say I thought the same thing you said now.I can imagine a scenario
Spoiler for speculation:

But I'm sure this scenario will does not come true,unfortunately.
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen... but it would be nice to see an episode like that. I mean, a good sword fight can improve almost any anime (at least during that episode). Damn, that thought made me miss the awesome fights from Rurouni Kenshin (especialy the Kenshin x Saito fight in the Kamiya Dojo... that was an epic moment).

But I'm pretty sure that we'll see something regarding the Mana/Inori relationship in the next few episodes... regarding the "void combination thing", we've already seen that her void can be combined with others (when Shu used her sword along with that other void in order to create the "hyper mega particle cannon" used to destroy BOTH Leucocytes in a single shot). So I really think it's possible that Inori's void is actually an incomplete one, wich can be used in conjuction with other voids to augment their power or "create" new ones.

Since we're entering the "Deus Ex Machina" territory, there's another possibility:
Spoiler for Deus Ex Machina possible moment:

Last edited by Xeones; 2011-12-26 at 17:56.
Old 2011-12-26, 17:59   Link #138
orion

Quote:

Mana = Jenova looks good from my standpoint too. You see an image of a girl with long hair flash over the picture of a huge crystal at 20:32.

So Mana's using the Japanese people to be reborn.

So that would make Inori = a good version of Sephiroth? And Shu = Cloud?

If Inori sprouts a wing....

Then that would mean Hare = Aerith.....

Last edited by orion; 2011-12-26 at 18:21.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:38   Link #139
rakusukira

Quote:
Mana = Jenova looks good from my standpoint too. You see an image of a girl with long hair flash over the picture of a huge crystal at 20:32.

If Inori sprouts a wing....

Spoiler for :):

Mana certainly isn't an ally of Shu's , that's for sure. She's going to destroy the whole world and needs Inori to be "complete" .

so who's the Tiffa in this anime?
Old 2011-12-26, 19:38   Link #140
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:

Oh? Are we gonna start comparing GC to FF now?

Joking aside, it does have some parallels with FF7 IF Mana IS an alien/human hybrid.
Closed Thread