AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-10, 17:24   Link #81
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

I'll wait for the subs on this one. I'm partly reminded of God Eater (the game) in terms of the art style, and Borderland (as much as I despise the level of electronics put on Mami Kawada) is one hell of a catchy OP tune.

The premise isn't entirely something I'd normally be overly enthralled by, but it's worth broadening horizons, right? I'll have a better idea of whether I'd pick this up properly after the first episode - though if some of the other opinions are to go by, I'm not sure at the moment.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:08   Link #82
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Have you read the manga? If so, curious how true it is so far.

I can only see Jormungang doing poorly if it doesn't follow the manga, and that goes for animation quality too. Otherwise, while I don't particularly remember chapter 1 being standout, it definitely gets better.
I agree, I don't especially remember the first chapter being all that great, it's better once you get to see more of Koko doing her thing, instead of just simple action.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:23   Link #83
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
Personally, I thought it was great! It seemed quite in line with the manga which is great!
Also, I'm really liking that techno beat they used in several places, it sounded cool.
And my main fear that Koko wouldn't sound right has been completely alleviated!
L in Hinamizawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 18:37   Link #84
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I adored the manga right from the beginning, but that's me. I'll wait for the sub before I say anything.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 20:37   Link #85
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Loving dat OP. Nice to hear Mami doing a song that's more tough, but I agree with viperdk1, I wish they didn't water her down with so much unneeded electronic "enhancement". <_<

And Nagi's ED is beautiful.
Old 2012-04-10, 21:44   Link #86
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

I'm not sure about Koko's seiyuu. Didn't expect that voice at all. This voice doesn't seem capable of extremities, and Koko needs that. (As preview hints: "Her name is Koko she is LOCO").

I hear Kizaru in Lehm.

Animation: Something is off with character expressions and lip synching. Expressions seem lacking respective of the vocals? The characters in the manga are very sensational but I'm not feeling it here, but it's probably my imagination since it's only the first episode.

Backdrops however are exceptional.

Direction: episode was rushed. Didn't feel the tension or suspense the manga conveyed for this episode. They need to ease up on the transitions and insert a little more exposition.

Opening was okay, ending was nice.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:05   Link #87
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the OP and ED. Jonah really intrigues me. The gang seems interesting enough. I liked Koko alot. And i'm guessing she'll only get better. Helps that the premise is something i would enjoy.
Old 2012-04-10, 22:42   Link #88
Kakkou
Tch.

"Her name is Koko. She is loco. I said OH NO!"

Well, if anything Taku Iwasaki still hasn't lost his penchant for using silly Engrish lyrics in his songs. Still, I'm hoping for some great tracks from him in this. The opening scene already had one nice one which I hope to hear more of.

As for the episode itself, it did feel rather fast to the point I expected the ED to come on around the first half but it doesn't bother me the way Zetman's pacing does. The attempts at humour feel a little jarring so far, particularly the last scene (though I did like sleepwalking Koko). Everything else was entertaining and I'll say again how much I love everyone's dead eyes and coloured eyelashes.

Itou Shizuka makes for a fun Koko and I'm confident she'll be able to pull off whatever other sides to Koko there are without problems. I like Jonah too. A definite keeper.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:47   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Anybody else heard the James Bond theme? No? Well, too bad... cause I effinnn... did *in my head*.

This is my type of ANIME. Finally something to get excited about from Spring 2012 line up.....

Very very good start. I had to beat my shounen fan in me to keep it in check so it didn't come out hollerin', and hooting and yellin' at the sight of so much violence. Good atmosphere too. The only criticism toward the show goes to the effort put in for the CG. Not a good sign as far as the overall aspect of animation is concerned. Anyway, that's for later considering the show is still in its infancy. So far so very good! Got me all fired up that's for sure. Yeah, I know,... it doesn't take too much to get me excited, but that's what it means to be a shounen-fan.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 22:52   Link #90
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Loved the manga from Vol. 1, have been eagerly awaiting this series since it was announced (doubly so since it's going to cover the full 11 volumes' run)...but I'll wait for the subs before watching.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:07   Link #91
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Watching it. It's super goddamn awesome!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:28   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
"Her name is Koko. She is loco. I said OH NO!
Her name is Koko. She is loco. I said OH NO!"

The following is also to inspire a few "mai waifu" post:

For some reason eyepatch and short-shorts tend to go so well together.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 23:35   Link #93
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh no loco koko & yet this indeed worth some watching.

yea give 1st ep did ok fine sure it like squad version of black lagoon & bad eggs ko everyone even koko.

& only thing missing is like put face paint on koko with her saying "why so serious?" aka a female joker.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 01:16   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"I don't give a damn. Just tell me who to shoot."

As a huge fan of the manga this was pretty much perfect in my view, though I can see why not everyone would care for it. The manga is not only hard to fall in love with right away, but it's extremely unconventional. It's an odd story about odd people told oddly, but also brilliantly. The anime captured the darkness and black humor, but also the subtle hints of humanity that I picked up in the fist chapters of the manga.

The lack of exposition might be a problem but as I said, it's a weird manga - it does come with time. I thought all the voices were fine, and I especially love seeing Lehm on screen at long last. Ishizuka Unsho's résumé is so good it's almost embarrassing, and he's absolutely perfect to play this amazing character.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:17   Link #95
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The manga is not only hard to fall in love with right away, but it's extremely unconventional. It's an odd story about odd people told oddly, but also brilliantly. The anime captured the darkness and black humor, but also the subtle hints of humanity that I picked up in the fist chapters of the manga.
I haven't read the manga, but what you say about the anime rings true here. Not much exposition, but there is definitely a lot of black humor and odd characters. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the child soldier, but I think that it's because of the more realistic setting and character design. It was nice to see that a point was made to show potential audience uncomfortableness with that in the cast itself.

I came in expecting something similar to Ghost in the Shell's tactical squad feeling, with a dash of politics, and I wasn't disappointed.. I look forward to seeing more of the story and characters fleshed out.

And that ED song is awesome, by the way.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:23   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It is indeed awesome. Nagi Yanagi, who also did the great ED for Ano Natsu.

"Her name is Koko, she is loco, and I said OH NO!" isn't too bad either...
Old 2012-04-11, 02:27   Link #97
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'll have to check out the full version then. ^^ The "Her name is Koko" bit made me laugh since it was rather unexpected...and it's entirely too catchy. Definitely has internet meme potential though.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-11 at 02:38. Reason: Her not my. Bad engrish bad.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:50   Link #98
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Have you read the manga? If so, curious how true it is so far.

I can only see Jormungang doing poorly if it doesn't follow the manga, and that goes for animation quality too. Otherwise, while I don't particularly remember chapter 1 being standout, it definitely gets better.
Nope, I have read the manga. And, well, most of my complains are about qulity, not the plot or anything like that.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:56   Link #99
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

damn, koko is hot and dat smile!
Old 2012-04-11, 04:43   Link #100
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it was definitely entertaining but I'm not sure if this is going to be what I thought it was going to be. I was expecting something like Lord of War but this seems more "anime-fied" than I was hoping it would be.

Just a question for manga readers: How political is Jormungand?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen